Harry Potter Mafia: Day Five - DARK WIZARD VICTORY

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Preacher
First Video: The Job

Re: Harry Potter Mafia: Day Three

Postby Preacher » 11 Jul 2014, 14:54

I'm not really inclined to believe Jack's Cat. On the other hand, Prospero did go straight for the jugular. So...

Arrest: Prospero101
Do you guys mind. I'm trying to write an essay

Its probably not a good thing I feel the need to put a disclaimer after everything I say

This is a thing my and my friend run.
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 11 Jul 2014, 19:25

Look, hear me out, alright?

Jam has been on Team Lynching since minute one, before we even had any idea what was going on. Does that not seem more than a little suspicious to anyone else? It can't be just me.

Bet he stole my favorite hat, too.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Preacher

Postby Preacher » 12 Jul 2014, 15:10

At this stage, I think an aggressive stance might actually benefit us, if they are using the Imperius curse on us, then there will be more of them and our chances of hitting one go up. Of course, if we miss, we make it all the more easier for them to get the rest of us. But the alternative is non-action, which guarantees our destruction

Its probably not a good thing I feel the need to put a disclaimer after everything I say

Lysander
First Video: Daily Drop: Eggs

Postby Lysander » 12 Jul 2014, 19:55

((OOC -- Sorry guys, I've been rather sick recently and I'm horrible when trying to type anything while on cold medicine. I should probably forfeit.))
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 12 Jul 2014, 20:08

Lysander wrote:((OOC -- Sorry guys, I've been rather sick recently and I'm horrible when trying to type anything while on cold medicine. I should probably forfeit.))

((We actually lynched you yester-game-day, so that won't be necessary ;). Hope you're feeling better soon!))
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 13 Jul 2014, 04:39

I am counting 4 votes for Prospero101, 1 vote for Jamfalcon and 1 vote for korvys. 6 votes are required for successful action, with approximately one day left remaining.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 13 Jul 2014, 16:53

We're on the verge of indecision. I urge us all to action and ask for the arrest of Prospero101!
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 13 Jul 2014, 21:25

*sigh* Sorry Prospero. Hopefully this won't have been in vain.

Arrest: Prospero101
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 13 Jul 2014, 21:55

We need but one more. Let us not allow the villains to endure!
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 13 Jul 2014, 22:12

Sure, I'll go. I'll rot in Azkaban. Then I'll laugh my blooming head off when I see you lot all turn up in the obituaries in the Daily Prophet!

May God have mercy on your idiot souls.

ARREST: Prospero101
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 13 Jul 2014, 22:18

That is 6 votes and therefore a consensus.

Prospero101 hands himself, jibbering, over to the Ministry. By the end of the evening it has become common knowledge that despite his outburst at the end of the day, there is every reason to believe that he was an innocent wizard security guard. However, he is not set to be released any time soon due to the pressures of war.

Night is commencing. Can all those with night actions PM me? Night will last a maximum of 5 days.
Duckay

Re: Harry Potter Mafia: Night Three

Postby Duckay » 19 Jul 2014, 16:06

Day is dawning. Many among you gradually come to realize that your loved ones are cloaked in the black of morning. The Daily Prophet headline for the day reads "Vicious Murder, Tragedy: Hepheastus and ArchieO Found Dead".

Despite the headline, the article does not seem to indicate that the two are related, and the bodies were not found together. I don't know that you want to trust the Daily Prophet and their investigative abilities, but evidence found at the scenes indicates that Hepheastus was working with Dark Wizards or Witches unknown and ArchieO was an innocent vigilante.

Day 4 is dawning. With 7 left alive, you need 4 votes for a consensus.
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Re: Harry Potter Mafia: Day Four

Postby Phailhammer » 19 Jul 2014, 17:15

Well...one out of three ain't bad? This is not looking good. :(
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 19 Jul 2014, 18:56

Indeed, our situation is looking dire. Even if there was only one dark wizard to begin with, the two nights of peace mean we probably have at least a couple more to deal with.

However, now we finally have something to go on. So let's look at what Hepheastus has done:
Day 1: he was the first person to vote for Lysander. I'm well aware that I was pushing us in that direction, but hopefully it's clear now that I'm not one of them—if I were, I certainly would have waited for at least one more vote, rather than jumping in with the second. Nobody else voted for Lysander on the first day, so not much more that I can see there.

Day 2: This time, Heph was the deciding vote that sealed Lysander's fate. Interestingly, everyone who voted for Lysander on this day, other than Heph himself, is still amongst us. Tapir12 and Aeric90 were the only two who abstained, though the former spoke only once during the day, and the latter was silent the entire time.

Day 3: he was the only one pushing for Korvys's arrest. I feel like this probably clears Korvys, as the dark wizards likely didn't have a chance to curse him last night.

So I feel like all we really have to go on is the second day. Aeric and Tapir's absence doesn't strike me as suspicious, given that they've been generally quiet this whole time. Though it is worth noting: neither one has cast a single vote at any point. Perhaps they're cautious, or perhaps they're trying to let this drag on...

And the other thing we have to go on is the people who voted for Prospero's arrest yesterday. I'll be the first to admit, I'm deeply saddened by the way that turned out. His abilities would've been a great boon in these troubled times. But we can also assume that the Dark wizards were likely to want him gone, since they had a good, justifiable reason. Other than Heph, Aeric, and Tapir, Prospero received everyone still here's vote.

The pattern I notice looking back at this history: both successful arrests, which targeted innocents, were spearheaded by Jack. It's not proof, but it's enough to make me curious.

FOS: JackSlack

I wrote a book!
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 19 Jul 2014, 22:57

So we went from no deaths to two deaths. The vigilante who has been silent the first two nights emerges and then is killed. At least he took a dark wizard down with him, but that means unless there is another vigilante hiding, we are on our own to stop the evil.

I agree with Jamfalcon that by this point we really should have something more concrete to go on than the opinions of cats. There are seven of us left and we haven't lost yet so that means at most there are three dark wizards. If we assume they started with one and cursed people the first two nights, but then Archie killed one, that would mean two are left. Or they could have started with two and now be left with three. I wonder if they were limited to two recruits so the game would stay balanced? That would have given them a potential total of 3 or 4, which seems reasonable. But how to we translate this into something that helps us?

Looking at Hephaestus' history is tricky because we don't know if he was an original dark wizard or if he was cursed. He may have only been a dark wizard on the last day. Or maybe he was the head dark wizard and so whoever killed him was automatically killed in return.

In terms of Jack, he certainly has been off the mark so far. I don't know if that makes him guilty. I seems taking such a role on would be dangerous for a dark wizard, but then again he might have started with good intentions and then been swooned by the dark side.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 20 Jul 2014, 16:46

I've been off the mark, I grant, but apart from The Commodore here, until now we've literally had no evidence to go with. (And despite my comments, The Commodore is just a cat with no actual capacity for spying.) My potions are wonderful, but can't predict people's fates or motives.

In the latter case, in particular, I felt it prudent to act, no matter what. With our dark wizards using the imperius curse rather than killing their marks, they leave no evidence. If anything was going to break, it had to come from us.

Until now, of course. So, we must ask: Who benefited from Hepheastus's moves?
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 20 Jul 2014, 17:54

I'm rather interested in the sudden escalation of violence. No deaths for three nights, then two in one night. Have they changed their tactics? Or is there something else at work?
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Preacher

Postby Preacher » 20 Jul 2014, 19:21

The Dark Wizards leader, or the Dark Wizards themselves having a retributive strike if they're targeted during the night is a fair assumption. There is also the possibility of a doctor/healer casting the Protego charm, which apart from blocking a curse could cause it to rebound and it was merely a poor choice on the healers part.

But there is also the possibility that now we are aware of the Imperius curse, they could merely be trying to eliminate us or its unrelated and they've mind controlled another.

aeric90
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby aeric90 » 21 Jul 2014, 05:36

Up until now I've found that without anything happening or any information to contribute I don't have much to add to these conversations and I certainly don't have enough information to vote on. Considering we've done nothing but point the finger at innocents I don't feel too bad about that.

Currently at the top of my list are both Jamfalcon and JackSlack although it seems apparent that only one of those two is actually a bad guy.
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 21 Jul 2014, 19:31

Aeric90: For whatever it's worth, I think Jamfalcon's making a sensible inference from the first few days of play, but it's incorrect. I'm with the town.
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 21 Jul 2014, 19:35

I will certainly admit that it's far from concrete. The only other name that stood out to me was Phailhammer, who voted second and third in the two successful arrests... but given that I did as well, I'm hesitant to say that's a sign of guilt.

I wrote a book!
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 21 Jul 2014, 19:54

I'll admit that I wasn't really going on much for those. The first I was following the "he's not here anyway" thing; the second was basically a coin flip between Prospero101 and JackSlack.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 21 Jul 2014, 21:30

(Because I did not explicitly say it in my most recent post, just a reminder: 4 votes for a consensus, and 4 days until the day "times out".)
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 22 Jul 2014, 22:44

So where does this leave us? We are running out of time and we don't seem to be making any progress.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 22 Jul 2014, 23:37

I got no idea. In the spirit of fair play;

ARREST: JackSlack

To at least eliminate options.

Return to “Video Games”