LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Volafortis
First Video: I am a spam bot.

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby Volafortis » 19 Jul 2014, 13:10

Omega Lairon wrote:While we're ever so tangentially on the topic of donations...

http://imgur.com/a/4VS5j

Vola, you're a prince amongst men, and you have my deepest gratitude. Actually, the wall was basically done beforehand, so I only needed a few of your blocks, but it still saved me an expedition to the nether.

And let me know if the pig pen isn't quite your cup of tea. I also have cow and sheep farms, some terrible gardens, and a sugar cane pit if you'd prefer any of those named in your honour.

No problem, glad you could use it :D

I happened to have a ton of it sitting in my Great Hall because my original Acropolis color scheme used a marble/nether brick scheme that I decided to abandon in favor of stone, but it left me with an abundance of the stuff. Found your lair when exploring for places to put new players, and remembered you asking for it a while back, so I figured you could put it to better use than I.
eostby
First Video: The first Friday Nights

Postby eostby » 19 Jul 2014, 14:07

Also, while I think about it, Memo, I saw your signs finally. Not sure if you got back to see my response yet, but whatever you want to do with it, go ahead.
Rogue_Magic on the LRRCraft and LRRMC servers; visit my LRRCraft house near 423, -353 and my LRRMC house near -972, 195

Stand against the Pardonf**k!

Follow me on Twitter @ericostby
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 19 Jul 2014, 15:02

eostby wrote:Also, while I think about it, Memo, I saw your signs finally. Not sure if you got back to see my response yet, but whatever you want to do with it, go ahead.
Just saw your response. What I was going to do was take the whole thing and move it to a Skeleton Spawner, so there would be actual Skeletons to use instead of needing to lure some. :)
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Postby ChroniclerC » 19 Jul 2014, 15:33

AdmiralMemo wrote:(though I can certainly archive it somewhere)

Yeah, that's what I meant, sorry.
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5
Mercano
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby Mercano » 19 Jul 2014, 16:09

I would fall into the category "Not currently active on LRRCraft, but would be interested in a modded server" category. (I don't play vanilla that much.) I'm currently playing single player, but wouldn't mind playing online. I could probably chip in $5/month.
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 19 Jul 2014, 16:21

Personally, I am so invested in what I'm doing on the vanilla server right now (I'm only halfway through my forest project, not to mention the fact I'm im the middle of redesigning my autofarms as I post this) that I don't think I'd be a part of the new server. I'd also be anti-wipe, as I'm in the middle of a huge project. Starting over now would probably kill my interest in any MC server for a while.

That said, of course, that's just where I am. I'd prefer no main server wipe (obviously). I'd have no issue with a splinter server with FtB but I don't know if I'd actually use it, at least not before I finish all the stuff I have going on now. Whatever the masses want though; the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few (or the one).
DewKnight
First Video: Stalking

Postby DewKnight » 19 Jul 2014, 16:56

AdmiralMemo wrote:I pay with either PayPal or my credit card. The company has determined to not accept BitCoins until the price stabilizes. So, unless you personally can stabilize the price of BitCoins, it ain't happening soon.

I totally get that point. Companies don't want to do investing, they just want the money for their product and then go along. That's why Coinbase and Bitpay have instant conversion to your local currency. No need to deal with conversion fees and when, they just pay with the amount of bitcoin that gets immediately converted to your local currency and then deposited in your bank if you wish.

Completely side topic I know. And I know that many businesses just don't want anything to do with it right now. I think there are a few companies doing some good though, and saving people money on credit card processors as well.
eostby
First Video: The first Friday Nights

Postby eostby » 19 Jul 2014, 17:35

AdmiralMemo wrote:
eostby wrote:Also, while I think about it, Memo, I saw your signs finally. Not sure if you got back to see my response yet, but whatever you want to do with it, go ahead.
Just saw your response. What I was going to do was take the whole thing and move it to a Skeleton Spawner, so there would be actual Skeletons to use instead of needing to lure some. :)

Sounds good. Let me know where it gets set up, and I'll be there. 8)
Rogue_Magic on the LRRCraft and LRRMC servers; visit my LRRCraft house near 423, -353 and my LRRMC house near -972, 195

Stand against the Pardonf**k!

Follow me on Twitter @ericostby
Sibanamush
First Video: No Idea.

Postby Sibanamush » 20 Jul 2014, 04:33

I don't think I'd play on a FTB server. I have too much invested in the current server , and don't really feel like starting over.

and like was mentioned previously , I think you're not getting a lot of positive votes for it because the people in this thread are the people invested in the current server.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 20 Jul 2014, 05:23

Well, this is certainly informative. Like I said, this was just a venture to test the waters, after hearing some interest in it. There apparently isn't enough interest to warrant it at this time, but if there is future interest, it can easily be probed again, due to most of the work being already done.

Foxmar
First Video: The Break

Postby Foxmar » 20 Jul 2014, 16:52

I might be the only one who is interested in a FtB server it looks like. Im fine sticking with the normal server if no one else is interested.
Sky_rider19
First Video: It's Magic!

Postby Sky_rider19 » 21 Jul 2014, 02:17

I'm interested as well foxmar. All the extra machines in it just might be what my doofenshmirtz tower needs to look complete.But I can understand everyone not wanting to restart completely.
deathjavu
First Video: First episode of unskippable

Postby deathjavu » 21 Jul 2014, 08:05

Lord Hosk wrote:People in chat say a lot of things, that doesnt mean they are 1. active players, 2. willing to pay. 3. on the forum. 4. not just talking out their butts.

Yeah, Hosk pretty much covered it. People will say a lot of things off the cuff without really considering it.

Also, chalk me up as having too much invested in the current server. I'm still not quite done with even the exterior of Orthanc, and then I have to fill the interior with cool stuff.
Draugo
First Video: It's Magic

Postby Draugo » 22 Jul 2014, 00:59

Just giving my opinion even though the matter is pretty much closed. I'd like a modded server (especially if it's more modded than just FtB Lite). I'm just not that much into vanilla minecraft any more (well haven't been for years) which is also why I haven't played on the LRRcraft server.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 22 Jul 2014, 10:32

Really?

You are mad because I grew a extra large junglewood tree?
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 22 Jul 2014, 11:26

No. The spruce after you pissed me off with the jungle tree and I told you I didn't like it, but you did it again anyway.

I mean I JUST got the tree farm fixed and was going to replant, and I return and find it all messed up again with your antics again.
Last edited by AdmiralMemo on 22 Jul 2014, 11:29, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 22 Jul 2014, 11:28

What spruce?

I havent been to spawn in like a week, I havent been there since I grew the junglewood tree and thats the only thing I did other than replant trees I cut down. You might wanna take a breath.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 22 Jul 2014, 12:38

Alright, let me break this down.

First things first: you make bald-faced lies all the time, so I have learned to never trust anything you say.

I came on Saturday and found your tree. I told you I didn't like it. I also made a statement to the effect of something like "I swear that most of the time, you are deliberately trolling me with your antics."

Your reply was something like "If I was deliberately trolling you, you'd definitely know about it and wouldn't have to ask."

(I could look up the exact statements in the logs, if you would like.)

In any case, I had felt the tree farm needed a re-do for a while, so I thought it would be a good time to clean it out and take the idiot tree along with it. So I took like half an hour removing all the trees and fixing up the place. I got the demolition done just in time to start the fan draft.

My plan was to log on after the fan draft and replant.
However, I was too tired after that to do much of anything, so I went to sleep. Then, Sunday was too busy with other stuff (including meeting plummeting_sloth IRL) that I never got to it then.

So I logged in sometime Monday to do the planting. I found several things when I did:

1. The farm was replanted in a very haphazard arrangement. (This, by itself, isn't that bad, but it completely undercut my plan to re-sort out the trees.)
2. Several tree types were missing in this planting, which is bad for the community.
3. I logged in inside a 2x2 spruce tree (which doesn't exist naturally) which was in the same position and almost exactly the same height as your jungle tree I took down.
Edit: Apologies. Apparently, you CAN have a natural 2x2 spruce that I didn't know about. I just found out about this. :|

This is what I determined was the "deliberate trolling that I didn't have to ask about."

Now, there were two possibilities: you were innocent or guilty.
If innocent, you'd say you're innocent, of course.
If guilty, since you lie all the time, you'd still say you're innocent.
So, I can't determine anything from your claim of innocence. (The boy cried "Wolf!" one too many times, perhaps?)
Also, even if you are innocent, clearly your prank was the inspiration for the copy-cat.

So, I offer you two options to get back on the server.
1. If guilty, confess, and I'll let you back on.
2. If innocent, prove your innocence, and I'll let you back on. If you can find the real culprit, so much the better.

Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 22 Jul 2014, 12:56

First of all, that is extremely offensive, but I dont expect you to understand that because of your demonstrable and enthusiastic lack of empathy.

Ill get back to the rest later.

[–]Graham_LRR
DewKnight

Postby DewKnight » 22 Jul 2014, 13:27

The replanting seems to be like an honest member who saw an empty tree farm and wondered why nobody replanted it. Was there a sign mentioning the construction? I try to place signs when I'm doing construction on such projects, though of course some people even ignore signs.
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 22 Jul 2014, 13:44

DewKnight wrote:The replanting seems to be like an honest member who saw an empty tree farm and wondered why nobody replanted it. Was there a sign mentioning the construction? I try to place signs when I'm doing construction on such projects, though of course some people even ignore signs.

This. The haphazard arrangement of the trees seems to suggest it was done by someone who didn't know much about the tree farm but noticed it was empty and attempted to rectify that. If there was a sign, maybe they missed it. I know Hosk can be a little contrary to you but it seems kind of beneath him tbh. If he were gonna mess with you I'd expect a more clever plan than that.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 22 Jul 2014, 14:30

Lord Hosk wrote:First of all, that is extremely offensive, but I don't expect you to understand that because of your demonstrable and enthusiastic lack of empathy.
You are often offensive to me, as well, so tit for tat?
Also, I do not understand what you mean by an "enthusiastic" lack of empathy. Clarify, please?
DewKnight wrote:The replanting seems to be like an honest member who saw an empty tree farm and wondered why nobody replanted it. Was there a sign mentioning the construction? I try to place signs when I'm doing construction on such projects, though of course some people even ignore signs.
Possibly. I'll give this possibility benefit of the doubt for the time being.
There were no signs, as mentioned, because I was initially planning to get right back to it and simply failed at that.
auberginequeen wrote:I know Hosk can be a little contrary to you but it seems kind of beneath him tbh. If he were gonna mess with you I'd expect a more clever plan than that.
I don't know. Hosk has never seemed overly clever to me, but that's just my opinion.

DewKnight

Postby DewKnight » 22 Jul 2014, 15:21

I think this is a massive misunderstanding by heads that can get a little heated at times, sometimes for good reasons and sometimes for misunderstandings. It would do all parties well to just relax a bit. Direct communication seems to make things a little worse for a number of reasons (also because text on the internet never comes off like its meant to). I would advise we have some sort of simple arbitration for matters such as this, and also voice conversations would be a great benefit, with a third party there to keep things cool.

"Have a good time, all the time"
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 22 Jul 2014, 15:30

My Skype is always open, as I've mentioned many times. I can also get on Google Hangouts.

DewKnight

Postby DewKnight » 22 Jul 2014, 15:35

That would probably be excellent for you two and a third party (another mod probably). Unfortunately My time is so very limited these days, but if no third party is available, then I may be able to get something going on my phone.

And perhaps a semi-regular meeting on skype, hangout, teampseak, etc for mods and whatnot. Though I see how hard it has been to even get the basics of things going. Honestly I'm seeing more and more why I didn't like running a minecraft server....... the majority of people suck. It's hard to treat the few good ones well when 99% of your interactions with the playerbase is with people sucking.

I may be a bit of a pessimist though.

Return to “Video Games”