TTC - M15 Prerelease & Digital

Discuss our latest podcast about Magic: The Gathering.
Graham
Super Moderator

TTC - M15 Prerelease & Digital

Postby Graham » 27 Jul 2014, 10:36

The crew talks the M15 prerelease, and Kathleen weighs in on Duels of the Planeswalkers 2015.
madman_oreo
First Video: Friday Nights The Return

Re: TTC - M15 Prerelease & Digital

Postby madman_oreo » 28 Jul 2014, 13:52

I like that you spent a good chunk of time crapping on sink into takenuma and then get all of the cards that care about hand size, but yeah that is the worst of the 4 sweep cards in kamigawa, Barrel down sokenzan is particularly fun with borborygmos enraged.

Man, I've got a measure of wickedness and now I really want to build a BR burn deck with it.
erjhunter
First Video: an MTGO Academy draft

Postby erjhunter » 28 Jul 2014, 14:27

The entire set of Saviors was pretty much "Hand Size Matters" so the Sweep cards and stuff like Sokenzan Spellblade were pretty relevant a good chunk of the time, as there were ways built into the set to keep your hand full. Plus all the non-rare creatures in Kamigawa block were basically terribly costed for their power/toughness, so stuff like the Spellblade were fine. I think LSV once described full block Kamigawa drafting as "Yeah, its a great format. Turn 2 play a 2/2. Turn 3 play a 2/2. Turn 4 play a 2/2."

Also, you do not need to pay to unlock Zendikar in Duels 2015 if you buy the $9.99 campaign, it unlocks just like the other planes when you finish Shandalar (or whatever is before it). For some reason it does still show up in the store as unlocking for $2.99 , but it is not necessary to do that if you bought the full game. I think because they offer all of the planes as single $2.99 unlocks by themselves, and they forgot to tell the game to go "Oh you bought everything? Well then I will stop offering you the planes seperately."
Frankquith
First Video: Friday Nights: Hero's Path - The Calling

Postby Frankquith » 29 Jul 2014, 04:03

Graham, your reddit downvoting may have been from the Australian state of Victoria - our state obviously comes to mind for us before your city. I'm not in touch with the local Magic community, but we tend to consume enough US media that calling them fetch lands is probably the norm here.
notaballoon
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby notaballoon » 02 Aug 2014, 00:18

You guys ignored like three words/clauses on different cards that make them dramatically and Paul just sat in front of the Oracle reference letting you look like chumps.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 03 Aug 2014, 01:55

Such as?

Return to “TapTapConcede”