1-18-08

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 11 Jul 2007, 22:14

r0ck! My first Wikipedia contribution.
-Wraith
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 11 Jul 2007, 22:19

(don't forget the LRR Plugin ;))
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Xelien_no not alien

Postby Xelien_no not alien » 11 Jul 2007, 22:26

JesterJ. wrote:(don't forget the LRR Plugin ;))

I'm not the one who put it on there, I went to Wiki to see the page and POOF there it was.
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Wraith

Postby Wraith » 11 Jul 2007, 22:31

JesterJ. wrote:(don't forget the LRR Plugin ;))

Whada whooda?
-Wraith
Kipher
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby Kipher » 11 Jul 2007, 22:46

O_o Oh wow it took fast to see it was updated. I'm the one who put the Alpha-Omega entire on there. And I was just going to say I put it on there after I ate. >_<

Ok well sorry for not giving you credit before Wraith. I was kind of in hurry, but it looks like somebody already added that too.
:) look a smiley face, it makes you want to smile doesn't it?
Wraith

Postby Wraith » 11 Jul 2007, 23:15

's all good, I just had a bit of trouble initially with links, so I wanted someone to post it while I figured that out. Thanks for the hand. I put my name in later.
-Wraith
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 12 Jul 2007, 00:04

Ok well if Ethan Haas Was Right is connected to Alpha-Omega, and not Cloverfield, then that makes a good solid theory on a game.

But where does that leave Cloverfield?

So far we have the date "1-18-08" and some pictures with shadows and numbers, of which one is claimed to be hidden and I can't see any part of it.

What if this is all a Red Herring? Plus is it normal for movies to release trailers for a movie over 6 months from a premiere date?

EDIT: I retouched the first picture and made it easier for you all to see what is circled.

and zoomed in.
Wraith

Postby Wraith » 12 Jul 2007, 00:12

tak197 wrote:Ok well if Ethan Haas Was Right is connected to Alpha-Omega, and not Cloverfield, then that makes a good solid theory on a game.

But where does that leave Cloverfield?

So far we have the date "1-18-08" and some pictures with shadows and numbers, of which one is claimed to be hidden and I can't see any part of it.

What if this is all a Red Herring? Plus is it normal for movies to release trailers for a movie over 6 months from a premiere date?

I imagine it leaves Cloverfield as a movie with an early release teaser trailer. Now that the Haas link has been severed, there's no reason to think there is any super-secret marketing tricks going on...
-Wraith
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 12 Jul 2007, 00:32

Thinking about it logically, I feel as though the Call of Cthulhu (happy tensen?) may be more plausible than anything. Godzilla has been done already, so unless they wanted it to be a sequel in a different style, then I doubt it's possibility.

Also, I have not read much about Cthulhu, or anything of that sort, but I sense that Cthulhu is a sort of demonic, feral, destructive entity. That would explain the confusion between "It's a Lion" (possible manifestation) and "It's Alive" (suggesting that some sort of ressurection or necromancy needed to be performed).

Also, being a supernatural entity would give it the ability to show signs of its arrival, including the photographed demon in the hair and the mysterious 'evil' girl in the picture.
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 12 Jul 2007, 00:54

I don't think it's any of these, and you've all been mislead by paranoia.
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
Wraith

Postby Wraith » 12 Jul 2007, 01:00

tak197 wrote:Thinking about it logically, I feel as though the Call of Cthulhu (happy tensen?) may be more plausible than anything. Godzilla has been done already, so unless they wanted it to be a sequel in a different style, then I doubt it's possibility.

Also, I have not read much about Cthulhu, or anything of that sort, but I sense that Cthulhu is a sort of demonic, feral, destructive entity. That would explain the confusion between "It's a Lion" (possible manifestation) and "It's Alive" (suggesting that some sort of ressurection or necromancy needed to be performed).

Also, being a supernatural entity would give it the ability to show signs of its arrival, including the photographed demon in the hair and the mysterious 'evil' girl in the picture.

Poke around the net. You can legally download COC from a number of sources. Its copyright has long since expired.
-Wraith
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 12 Jul 2007, 01:21

I read up on the game, and right off the bat, I can say the GAME is not for me. I'm not into the horror/sci-fi game type of games.

But after reading Lovecraft's bio on the COC website, I find his story to be intriguing, almost similar in some faculties as Poe and Hawthorne. The idea that Great Cthulhu lies in wait to claim his power and lay waste to the world is a good growndwork for a movie like Cloverfield. I will say that I don't think its a remake of the game. But, there are strong possibilities that it may be related to Lovecraft's Cthulhu legends and stories.

And it's not paranoia. I get caught up in puzzles and mysteries. I enjoyed The DaVinci Code, National Treasure, and the tv show Treasure Hunters (even played the online challenge game, but didn't make the live chase), as well as AOL Gold Rush. If I am presented with a larger puzzle and smaller clues, I have to find the meanings between the two.
zombine
Location: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Postby zombine » 12 Jul 2007, 02:58

Ah, but theres a snag. The elder one wouldn't want to use explosives, because it melts away the delicious human flesh.

the initial earthquake was probably a meteor hitting the earth, and then aliens coming out and going to town.
Wraith

Postby Wraith » 12 Jul 2007, 04:20

tak197 wrote:I read up on the game, and right off the bat, I can say the GAME is not for me. I'm not into the horror/sci-fi game type of games.

But after reading Lovecraft's bio on the COC website, I find his story to be intriguing, almost similar in some faculties as Poe and Hawthorne. The idea that Great Cthulhu lies in wait to claim his power and lay waste to the world is a good growndwork for a movie like Cloverfield. I will say that I don't think its a remake of the game. But, there are strong possibilities that it may be related to Lovecraft's Cthulhu legends and stories.

And it's not paranoia. I get caught up in puzzles and mysteries. I enjoyed The DaVinci Code, National Treasure, and the tv show Treasure Hunters (even played the online challenge game, but didn't make the live chase), as well as AOL Gold Rush. If I am presented with a larger puzzle and smaller clues, I have to find the meanings between the two.

The thing about the story is that it's entirely told from the standpoint of journals that the main character finds, and in the final journal, it says that Cthulu was resurrected, and then sent back to his rest when they guy who wrote the journal rammed his ship into him.

Personally, this not only struck me as anti-climactic, but the whole "all powerful Elder God" seemed reeeally blown out of proportion.
-Wraith
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 12 Jul 2007, 05:25

tak197 wrote:I read up on the game, and right off the bat, I can say the GAME is not for me. I'm not into the horror/sci-fi game type of games.

Forget the game, the game is good, but Wraith meant read the story "The Call Of Cthulhu"

I reccomend pretty much all Lovecraft. Dreams From The Witchhouse, Dunwich Horror, Shadow Over Insmouth
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 12 Jul 2007, 07:29

tak197 wrote:I I enjoyed ... National Treasure

Just kill yourself, make the world a better place.

I bet you're looking forward to the sequel, eh?

Eh?
Under13

Postby Under13 » 12 Jul 2007, 08:26

National Treasure was a good movie once you found the appropriate level of disbelief-suspension. It was meant to entertain, and if you got into the right mindset, it did so beautifully.

And speaking of sequels to look forward to: BOURNE ULTIMATUM. Hells of yes. No way can they possibly top the car-chase from Supremacy, but I can't wait to see them prove me wrong.
<>{
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 12 Jul 2007, 11:30

Allen! wrote:
tak197 wrote:I I enjoyed ... National Treasure

Just kill yourself, make the world a better place.

I bet you're looking forward to the sequel, eh?

Eh?

At least I didn't play in FURCADIA!!!!
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 12 Jul 2007, 11:35

Hey, I enjoyed National treasure as a good fun movie...

It was better than SAHARA.
Under13

Postby Under13 » 12 Jul 2007, 13:57

Tensen01 wrote:It was better than SAHARA.

If this isn't a Change-the-Quote Game waiting to happen, I don't know what is...

Tensen01 wrote:It was better than BILL & TED'S BOGUS JOURNEY.
<>{
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 12 Jul 2007, 14:01

tak197 wrote:At least I didn't play in FURCADIA!!!!

Lulz.
Under13

Postby Under13 » 12 Jul 2007, 14:03

This new knowledge of Allen! makes his avatar a little more awkward for me.
<>{
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 12 Jul 2007, 14:05

Tensen01 wrote:It was better than UNDERCOVER BROTHER.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 12 Jul 2007, 16:56

tak197 wrote:
Tensen01 wrote:Nothing is better than UNDERCOVER BROTHER.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 12 Jul 2007, 16:57

JesterJ. wrote:
tak197 wrote:
Tensen01 wrote:NICKELBACK is better than UNDERCOVER BROTHER.
i dont know what's happening anymore

Return to “General Discussion”