LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby ChroniclerC » 26 Jul 2014, 20:56

Whoa. Whatever the higher-ups decide to do in order to fix it, I'm in. If we're gonna rebuild, you have whatever support I can give. If we rollback, I will help anyone recover lost projects.
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5
Foxmar
First Video: The Break

Postby Foxmar » 26 Jul 2014, 21:34

ChroniclerC wrote:Whoa. Whatever the higher-ups decide to do in order to fix it, I'm in. If we're gonna rebuild, you have whatever support I can give. If we rollback, I will help anyone recover lost projects.

Agree completely. Roll it back if you have to I haven't been active in the past few weeks so I won't loose anything important.
If there is anything I can do just ask.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 26 Jul 2014, 21:48

I have done a lot on the wall since the render, but if you need to reset it... thats better I think.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 26 Jul 2014, 22:08

I'll need a clear head to figure out whether a roll-back is necessary. I might try to roll-back the specific regions only, if I can figure out which those are. I still need to figure out the extent of the damage.

Edit: Oh crap! I might've backed the server up last night after I built the hotel. If I did, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssssssss....
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Omega Lairon » 26 Jul 2014, 22:22

Rolling back is going to be a huge problem for me... since the last render:

* A whole crap-ton of netherrack was mined out and cooked up
* The nether brick wall was completed
* Towers were built on the SE and NW corners of said wall
* The waterfall over the rear window was installed
* A back and side entrances to the lair were carved out
* A potions room was carved out and stocked up
* The veggie gardens were converted into a larger single greenhouse
* About a dozen "bookcase" bricks were farmed and placed
* The main furnace are was re-designed and expanded
* Sheep were caught, bred, and dyed (one in every colour)
* The small mine entrance to the south was levelled, to make way for SUPER SECRET project
* The tree farm was harvested / regrown about 3 times

BUT - all that aside, I'm still heavily in favour of rolling back if it restores Templemir. My crappy little projects are cute and all, but to hear that something that people with actual talent spent so much time on could be so senselessly destroyed is sickening.

It sucks, but I'll rebuild. On the upside, now I already know where everything needs to go.

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
Sibanamush
First Video: No Idea.

Postby Sibanamush » 27 Jul 2014, 08:42

AdmiralMemo wrote:Alright, let me break this down.

First things first: you make bald-faced lies all the time, so I have learned to never trust anything you say.

I came on Saturday and found your tree. I told you I didn't like it. I also made a statement to the effect of something like "I swear that most of the time, you are deliberately trolling me with your antics."

Your reply was something like "If I was deliberately trolling you, you'd definitely know about it and wouldn't have to ask."

(I could look up the exact statements in the logs, if you would like.)

In any case, I had felt the tree farm needed a re-do for a while, so I thought it would be a good time to clean it out and take the idiot tree along with it. So I took like half an hour removing all the trees and fixing up the place. I got the demolition done just in time to start the fan draft.

My plan was to log on after the fan draft and replant.
However, I was too tired after that to do much of anything, so I went to sleep. Then, Sunday was too busy with other stuff (including meeting plummeting_sloth IRL) that I never got to it then.

So I logged in sometime Monday to do the planting. I found several things when I did:

1. The farm was replanted in a very haphazard arrangement. (This, by itself, isn't that bad, but it completely undercut my plan to re-sort out the trees.)
2. Several tree types were missing in this planting, which is bad for the community.
3. I logged in inside a 2x2 spruce tree (which doesn't exist naturally) which was in the same position and almost exactly the same height as your jungle tree I took down.
Edit: Apologies. Apparently, you CAN have a natural 2x2 spruce that I didn't know about. I just found out about this. :|

This is what I determined was the "deliberate trolling that I didn't have to ask about."

Now, there were two possibilities: you were innocent or guilty.
If innocent, you'd say you're innocent, of course.
If guilty, since you lie all the time, you'd still say you're innocent.
So, I can't determine anything from your claim of innocence. (The boy cried "Wolf!" one too many times, perhaps?)
Also, even if you are innocent, clearly your prank was the inspiration for the copy-cat.

So, I offer you two options to get back on the server.
1. If guilty, confess, and I'll let you back on.
2. If innocent, prove your innocence, and I'll let you back on. If you can find the real culprit, so much the better.

Memo , I replanted the tree farm.

I came on and saw the entire thing had been clearcut and assumed that it was someone being a jerk and not replanting. I mentioned it in IRC , and when I didn't get a response I replanted them.

I'm sorry I didn't reply to this earlier , I just saw that section of the forum now.

[08:15] * Nargimeg ([email protected]) Quit (Ping timeout)
[08:17] * Nargimeg ([email protected]) has joined #LRRcraft
[10:44] <Sib-work> I'm assuming that the Community tree farm wasnt clear cut intentionally? and that its oK for me to replant it
[10:54] * Sib-work is now known as Sibanamush
[11:52] * Laserbeaks_Fury ([email protected]) Quit (EOF From client)
[13:04] * Sibanamush is now known as Sib|Away

I apologize for undoing something you were working on Memo , I thought that the area had been griefed since only the trees were missing.

( also I had planted each of, Oak trees, Spruce trees, Birch trees, Jungle trees, Acacia trees & Dark oak trees all in rows of the same type. if that was not the case when you found it then someone likely had farmed trees in the time in between and replanted differently )

Sorry for bringing this up when I know there are other bigger issues now, but I wanted to let you know what had happened.
DewKnight
First Video: Stalking

Postby DewKnight » 27 Jul 2014, 11:20

It is good to have a resolution to a matter.
AlexAshman
First Video: Fear Itself

Postby AlexAshman » 27 Jul 2014, 11:30

I haven't been to Templemir in ages, though the couple of times I've been through to inspect the rail layout I've been in awe of the scale of the work you guys did. As many others have said and will be saying: I would be glad to lend a hand if a rebuild is necessary, even if it's just to donate materials. I have a few stacks of undyed glass and plenty of smoothstone in storage. I was planning on using them for a later build, but Templemir is more important.
Ceiran
First Video: 1337

Postby Ceiran » 27 Jul 2014, 12:15

Rebuild or roll-back, I'm good with either and I'll help out with whatever reconstruction that entails.
craddz1967
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby craddz1967 » 27 Jul 2014, 14:08

I knew building my Greenhouse area at the back of mine had gone too well (only 1 creeper explosion removing a roof area in the build). But hey screw it, if you need to rollback, Ce la vie, gives me summat to do :)
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 28 Jul 2014, 05:19

The Video James LRRCraft Tour is now up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkLkSGbn-Vw
DewKnight
First Video: Stalking

Postby DewKnight » 28 Jul 2014, 11:57

Just a reminder: Use !mods and whatever text here for whenever you need assistance. If the IRC bot is working, it will pick it up and relay it to IRC. If you don't see somebody within 5-10 minutes, then hop into IRC (bonus points if you're already in there) and do the same thing: !mods with whatever text here

Mods: If you need assistance in setting up your IRC client to ping / flash you whenever that keyword is mentioned, I can try to assist. I've got mine (almost) set up with my ZNC bouncer and notify my android for whenever the keyword shows up.
Sibanamush
First Video: No Idea.

Postby Sibanamush » 28 Jul 2014, 13:02

I'm trying to be logged into the IRC whenever I'm home , and also have my IRC client to chime at me whenever !mod appears in the chat, or whenever anyone says Sib .
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 28 Jul 2014, 13:45

Oh, Phlip has told me how to fix the LRRcraft bot so the new logs each day don't break it.

Volafortis
First Video: I am a spam bot.

Postby Volafortis » 28 Jul 2014, 15:28

Same, I have my IRC set to ping me whenever !mods, Vola, or Volafortis is typed. I check the logs pretty regularly whenever I'm home, so I should be able to respond to any of those, if I'm home.

I do, however, often forget to set my status to away when I'm not home, sleeping, or at work. I have auto-away set after 15 minutes, but it only seems to work sometimes.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 29 Jul 2014, 06:16

Have been wiped out the past few days... Sorry I haven't followed up on this issue yet. :(

Kinpatsu
First Video: Unskippable: Beowulf

Postby Kinpatsu » 29 Jul 2014, 19:43

Was wondering why the server had been down for the last couple of days, and then I saw this thread. Man, I'm so disappointed in some folks. :(

I'll be sad if we roll back - I haven't been on the server long and I might lose a bunch of stuff - but if we need to do it to restore Templemir, I'm all for it. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know. I'm kinpatsu1 on the server.

ETA: Actually, if a server mod sees this, could they PM me? I remember some things that might help them investigate the griefing.
Stop staring.
deathjavu
First Video: First episode of unskippable

Postby deathjavu » 01 Aug 2014, 11:27

Any progress with the server logs? You could almost certainly narrow down the time window in which the vandalism occurred by searching for the last incoming Templemir rail notification - since the water took out the tracks, it's very likely the damage was done after the last cart came in.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 01 Aug 2014, 11:44

I apologize. I do know that. I haven't looked into it due to monster issues at work. Though, I'm currently waiting on Osprey to finalize the check before unwhitelisting it. I'll check the logs after the convention.

deathjavu
First Video: First episode of unskippable

Postby deathjavu » 01 Aug 2014, 12:15

No worries, I know how life gets.

What convention?
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 01 Aug 2014, 15:28

Last edited by AdmiralMemo on 04 Aug 2014, 08:13, edited 1 time in total.

ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Postby ChroniclerC » 02 Aug 2014, 01:47

How non-trivial would it be to just disable TNT (and TNT Minecarts)?
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 02 Aug 2014, 19:13

I didn't see what happened to Templemir, but... a giant glass dome needs not TNT to be griefed.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
SilPho
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby SilPho » 03 Aug 2014, 05:10

The LRRCraft.com site says I need to ask a mod for permission to build. Does that mean the server is in a kind of spectator mode until permission is granted?

If so, can I request permission for 'SilPho' now or do I have to sign in first?
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 03 Aug 2014, 05:40

Im pretty sure that the server is in safe mode right now while AdmiralMemo finishes fixing Templemir which is the underwater base you can sorta see on the map from 0 to -150X and 0 to 180 Y between the inverted pyramid and the lighthouse.

Apparently someone broke some of the roof bricks which flooded it and washed away a bunch of work.

After that situation gets resolved you can log in at any time when there is a Mod on and they will give you a quick tour of spawn, authorize you to break bricks help you get to a starting location.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!

Return to “Video Games”