LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Foxmar
First Video: The Break

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby Foxmar » 26 Aug 2014, 11:47

Memo whenever you have time Id like to ask you about a Nether portal. No rush I know your busy.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 26 Aug 2014, 12:01

Likal: I'll look into it, but coordinates mean nothing to me unless I'm looking at the map. Do you have any landmarks you could use to help me out? A description is probably not going to help unless I'm looking right at it. I'll look at it when I get a chance.

Foxmar: Certainly.
Last edited by AdmiralMemo on 26 Aug 2014, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Postby ChroniclerC » 26 Aug 2014, 13:17

Take your time, I just wanted to make sure you were aware of it. Was working on it the other day, realized that it was now visible from the surface, and wanted to double-check before I got in trouble about it. ^_^
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 26 Aug 2014, 21:01

ChroniclerC: Sorry for the delay.

Vis a vis, the road leading to the fortress: ...what road? I thought it was on an island all by itself.

If you show me what you mean, I doubt I'll have much problem with it.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 27 Aug 2014, 01:36

Just chiming in here.

I did fix the charcoal overhead with the charcoal generator, as it was extremely easy: just add dirt (or other non-fuel item) to the other four slots.

As for the path between me & my neighbor with the rail station, I'm treating it as a public works project. I don't mind if it gets modified (actually, I encourage my neighbors to connect to it, if they wish) or moved. As long as I have a path between me & the nearest rail station that I can follow, I'm happy. That was the intent of the path: making it harder to get lost. :D

As for server access, whitelisting is OK as long as the "registration process" isn't too taxing. I'm not totally opposed to a "membership fee" system, but limit it to a one-time deal & keep it low (no more than $5) to avoid scaring off players. While it does help with the server expenses & help curb griefers, it could cause some potential entitlement issues.

As for planned projects, I've already mentioned the charcoal generator near my place as I already have the building in place. Just have to get around to actual construction for it. It will be available for public use, so anyone passing by can use it. I only ask that you do an equal exchange (1 stack of logs for 1 stack of charcoal).

Other planned project is a small cobblestone generator near my place that will likely be partially underground to maintain area aesthetics. It's a fairly slow generator that has a capacity of 1.25 stacks, but it's very stable. It'll be available to the public, once finished as well.

The main reason for these projects is to get less dependent on Spawn City, since it seems a bit over-developed & tends to cause some processing issues whenever I visit. Framerates drops to roughly 15-30 FPS (compared to ~60 FPS at my place) on my system when properly working. Most in-game freezes happen when I come into Spawn City as well, forcing me to idle at the grand station (OR the old community building) for a while. I know that the market is something that I'll have to stop by now & again, but I'm going to try to limit my need to visit when possible.
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 27 Aug 2014, 04:07

TStodden wrote:I did fix the charcoal overhead with the charcoal generator, as it was extremely easy: just add dirt (or other non-fuel item) to the other four slots.
That was you then... I wish you'd said something earlier. I was wondering who that was.
TStodden wrote:The main reason for these projects is to get less dependent on Spawn City, since it seems a bit over-developed & tends to cause some processing issues whenever I visit. Framerates drops to roughly 15-30 FPS (compared to ~60 FPS at my place) on my system when properly working. Most in-game freezes happen when I come into Spawn City as well, forcing me to idle at the grand station (OR the old community building) for a while. I know that the market is something that I'll have to stop by now & again, but I'm going to try to limit my need to visit when possible.
That is why the plan is to have some sort of outposts with supplies and amenities. This will alleviate some issues, and will help make getting supplies easier.

I'm pretty sure that the frame-rate issue is 2 factors: 1. The constantly-refreshing redstone in the admin base. 2. The map building loading a TON of chunks.

I'm going to have UnderCity turn into a second outpost, and maybe the Fortress of SoLRRtude be a third. I'm also thinking of having something over near Sib's place, or the Bayou, or that area.

I was considering having Vola's place be another one, but that's pretty close to Spawn City already, so I'm not sure.

Also, let's see what 1.8 brings regarding improvements to processing first, since we have a definitive date of arrival now.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Admiralmatt
First Video: The Job

Postby Admiralmatt » 27 Aug 2014, 07:36

ChroniclerC wrote:Found a zombie spawner and build an XP farm around it a while back, and started building a railway for it, intending to connect it to the local rail station once a line gets to me. Wanted to confirm that A) That's still okay, and 2) I've been building it in an style acceptable for the railway. The XP farm is at roughly <X=251 Y=28 Z=1911>, current construction terminates at roughly <X=230 Y=51 Z=1881>, and the location I proposed for the station (which I'm still happy to build myself if allowed) is <X=239 Y=63 Z=1860>.

I'm just checking on the xp farm it it located here? http://map.lrrcraft.com/#/251/64/1911/-1/0/0

Or is it here? http://map.lrrcraft.com/#/251/28/1911/-1/0/0
ChroniclerC

Postby ChroniclerC » 27 Aug 2014, 14:03

King Kool wrote:ChroniclerC: Sorry for the delay.

Vis a vis, the road leading to the fortress: ...what road? I thought it was on an island all by itself.

If you show me what you mean, I doubt I'll have much problem with it.

Not much road yet, but I wanted to ask permission to build one since your place seems to be a rail hub for several people and I wanted to build some kind of well-lit, semi-safe path. I was thinking something like this...
Plus something for whoever that is north of you. (I can't remember his name right now. <.< >.> )

...but wanted to confer with you as to where you would prefer the "entrance" for the Fortress to be.

Admiralmatt wrote:I'm just checking on the xp farm it it located here? http://map.lrrcraft.com/#/251/64/1911/-1/0/0

Or is it here? http://map.lrrcraft.com/#/251/28/1911/-1/0/0

Difficult to say because of the depth of the spawner and the angling of the map, but if memory serves, it's almost directly under the large Oak tree next to my dock.
Ceiran
First Video: 1337

Postby Ceiran » 27 Aug 2014, 14:21

That'd be me to the north. Memo and I have spent a bit of time rebuilding the beaches between my build and the fortress, and when I have time I'll light it properly as a lovely scenic path if you're okay with that, Kool.
TStodden
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 29 Aug 2014, 01:53

Sorry for not admitting to it earlier, but I erroneously thought that somebody else may have come up with the same solution for the charcoal generator to reduce overhead.

As for the planned developments, anything outside my lodge, except the stable, is note for public use. Anybody passing by can take anything they may need, but just don't wipe me out. :D

The guest lodge is open for anybody to stay. I know the furnishings are a bit minimalistic, but functional.

I'll likely get the major stuff done during my off days (Sun - Tues) as I don't have much free time on workdays... To be honest, I should have been asleep an hour ago (Note to self: PUT THE TABLET DOWN!!!)
~TStodden
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Omega Lairon » 29 Aug 2014, 04:18

So right now, I'm pretty much "done" with the Omega Lair and immediate surrounds (which I've taken to calling the "Greater Evergrande Metro Area"... "Evergrande" for short, or "GEMA" if you're in a serious rush). Barring one last vanity monument currently in design, mild improvements, or automation for the sake of automation (generally not a great idea given my historically patchy lag), there's not much more I really need/want to add to it.

This follows the (functional) completion of my latest big project: Toxic Tower. Located at scenic -765, -848, this marvel of modern engineering boasts a stone brick spiral staircase some 40+ Y levels deep, terminating at an abandoned mine section featuring not 1, but 2 whole cave spider spawners, for all your spider eye and string farming needs.

That said, the set-up is far from ideal - accessibility and security are both poor to average at best (I stuck an iron door down there... it seems to work most of the time), so enter at your own risk until I get it running more smoothly. Advice on the matter is highly appreciated!

One last note - It's been a while (kept forgetting, sorry), but I've been meaning to shout out to my main man Vanarra, for selflessly donating his time and effort to help remove an unsightly mountain from my premises. Thanks buddy! I don't have much of value, but I've gone ahead and thrown a super official commemorative plaque on the North-west guard tower, naming it in your honour. Naturally, I have misplaced the screenshot of said plaque... it's around here somewhere.

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 30 Aug 2014, 04:42

Hosk: Not sure if you still need snow, but if you do, here's a tutorial for an automatic snow farm in 1.8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZVRqHNd_lA
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 30 Aug 2014, 06:45

That seems overly complicated and it doesnt solve the turning the snowballs into blocks issue.

Mining snowballs has always been very easy, its turning the balls into bricks that takes the effort.

The only thing this does is give you a new shovel and have a lot of storage. You can accomplish the same results with just 8 hoppers around the snowman.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
SilPho
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby SilPho » 30 Aug 2014, 08:51

I'm hoping to use some glowstone lamps and comparators as part of a storage space display system in my base, so to do that I will need to acquire some glowstone and quartz. I'm not sure what the server rules are with regards to mining that sort of stuff since it might be quite scarce. Is it possible and recommended to use the spawn city market to get those materials?
Volafortis
First Video: I am a spam bot.

Postby Volafortis » 30 Aug 2014, 10:38

Glowstone can be hard to find in the nether, so it's best if you use the market for that, mining within your 150x150 area is unlimited, though, so you can feel free to mine for redstone. If you feel like you want more though, you can either enchant your pick with Fortune, or just buy redstone at the Spawn Market. I typically use the market whenever it's convenient, just so I don't disturb the natural aesthetic of the world.
ChroniclerC

Postby ChroniclerC » 30 Aug 2014, 14:51

Redstone, Glowstone, and Nether Quartz are all available at the spawn market, and I would definitely recommend it for at least the latter two.

If you don't mind walking back home manually, you can use one of the beds at the Spawn City Inn (next to the Spawn Platform), use the Ender Ender Enderman farm in the End (via the Dimension building, formerly the Nether building), return from the End at your new spawn point and just walk over to the Market with however many levels you can bear to hold in a single trip.
SilPho
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby SilPho » 31 Aug 2014, 01:02

Cool, thanks for the pointers guys :)
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 31 Aug 2014, 08:22

Just saw this PSA on Reddit regarding 1.8. Good read for anyone who hasn't been keeping up with the release: http://redd.it/2f2uk5
Kinpatsu
First Video: Unskippable: Beowulf

Postby Kinpatsu » 31 Aug 2014, 23:17

So I know this is a fairly small thing, but, uh... is anyone missing a horse?

I found her in the forest due North of the Beach Rail Station, just east of my home. She's a dark brown and is saddled, but isn't named. I know I'm near axelpheonix and auberginequeen, but if anyone else has had a horse run off on them, it might be this one.
Stop staring.
Sky_rider19
First Video: It's Magic!

Postby Sky_rider19 » 01 Sep 2014, 05:14

Unless the horses had a jail break, it's not one of mine
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 01 Sep 2014, 05:18

It's definitely not mine or AxelPheonix/Sky_rider19's horse. Neither of us have a brown horse.
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 01 Sep 2014, 08:35

Both of my horses have names ("Jim" and "Emma") and are pretty far underground, so it's not mine either.
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 01 Sep 2014, 14:29

Yeah, I don't know any active player nearby who could've had that horse. The next 3 closest active players to you are Vola, AdmiralMatt, and Siba. Matt doesn't keep a horse, and It doesn't look like it came from Vola or Siba. I think at this point, just keep it for yourself.

EDIT: Speaking of Horses, I found an black spotted, unnamed one with a saddle in the ocean. Left it with the other one.
ChroniclerC

Postby ChroniclerC » 01 Sep 2014, 17:49

Clearly someone is sending you horses by sea.

Also, 1.8 is supposed to launch tomorrow. Yeeeee!
TStodden

Postby TStodden » 01 Sep 2014, 22:21

I should have saved myself time venturing in the Nether Realm & avoid causing problems looking for Nether Quartz by going to the marketplace directly... as there was some Ghast-related damage to a rail line (I reported it a few minutes after it happened to get the coordinates & to perform some minor repairs with the materials that weren't destroyed. However, the line is still missing some rails & there's concerned about a lava column next to the rail line that should be addressed).

So far, the Charcoal Generator at my place is built & should be operational (haven't tested it, but it matches the blueprint) for anybody passing by my place looking for wood & stuff. Just please replant the trees that you harvest nearby.

As for the Cobblestone generator that's planned, still on pre-production planning as I'm trying to get the vertical dimensions down as I'm working from the Top-Down (instead of Bottom-Up), adding to the challenge of placement of different components (like the generator's switch & possible other additions). HOWEVER, that's for me to figure out.
~TStodden

Return to “Video Games”