Television We're Watching Now

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Television We're Watching Now

Postby Elomin Sha » 17 Oct 2014, 06:15

My television viewing is very limited, I usually get all my viewing entertainment from LRR, RoosterTeeth and Achievement Hunter but recently the very few shows I want to watch have come back on. I thought we'd could talk about what we're watching and if there is anything else we should consider.

Currently I'm viewing:

Gotham
Agents of Shield
NCIS
NCIS: LA
NCIS: New Orleans - I think I'm watching this hoping there will be a Quantum Leap reference when the show ends. Enterprise should have ended with that.
South Park
Doctor Who

After a bit of a meh introduction episode Gotham is getting interesting. While there are some character issues early on, the actress playing Selena Kyle over playing the cat movements. My favourite character is Oswald Cobblepot. He's so polite.

I waiting for Agent Carter to air now.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Re: Television We're Watching Now

Postby Metcarfre » 17 Oct 2014, 06:29

We cancelled cable, so I'm limited to Netflix and some stuff on broadcaster's websites. I am seriously jonesing for hockey and football right now.

- Just finished House of Cards (US) - damn, it was good.

- Now working through Portlandia.
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 17 Oct 2014, 06:31

I don't actually have a television, so I even get most of my TV online these days. Currently:

Agents of Shield
Scorpion (My current guilty pleasure. You could drive a truck through all the plotholes screaming "THAT'S NOT A THING!" but it's a lot of fun)
Leverage (Same issues as above, though you could probably only fit a four-door sedan through these plotholes)
The X-Files (a rewatch marathon extravaganza)

Like Elomin, most of my entertainment comes from LRR and other internet sources, so I don't watch much television. Also like Elomin, I await the arrival of Agent Carter.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Darkflame
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Darkflame » 17 Oct 2014, 06:45

Flash is fun based on the second epp - very silver age. Very recommended.

Other stuff;

Farscape (3rd re-watch)
Daily Show/Colbert
Once Upon A Time
Doctor Who (Silly timey whimmy stuff)
Continuum (Serious timey whimmy stuff)
Person of Interest
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The Best things on TV right now though;

Legend Of Korra - best drama
Gravity Falls - best comedy :)

Internet Shows;

Joseph Heath (Projectionist Project) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 5B2E2457F9
LRR - Basicly all of their scripted stuff + random streams at random times.
ThatGuyWithGlasses - Linkara, ThatGuy, others at random
Spoony - Whenever he updates
Geek & Sundry - https://www.youtube.com/user/geekandsundry (Any Falicia Day scripted stuff, Tabletop occasionally)
ForOrchestra - https://www.youtube.com/user/ForOrchestra/playlists (very cool music of popculture stuff. Orchestra version of Gangnam Style is fun. )

...many others
http://www.fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
--
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+. Give us a like if you can, it all helps.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 17 Oct 2014, 07:36

Do DVDs count? If so I've just started on Sherlock Holmes (the Jeremy Brett series) and I've recently finished season 3 on my second Leverage run through.
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 17 Oct 2014, 07:38

Super Why
The Bernstein Bears
Wally Kazam
Dora the explorer
Sophia the First
Curious George
Im three weeks behind but they are on the DVR Agents of shield and Dr Who
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Viking_Sleyheron
First Video: Three PS3s

Postby Viking_Sleyheron » 17 Oct 2014, 07:57

TV? Practically nothing. Only sports and various documentaries.

On DVD or Netflix? Various Stand-up shows, Doctor Who, and Avatar: Last Airbender right now.
I HATE those stupid birds!

Vir prudent non contraventum mingit!
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 17 Oct 2014, 08:02

Doctor Who is the only current television show I am watching and I do not even watch that on the television.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 17 Oct 2014, 08:08

Lord Chrusher wrote:Doctor Who is the only current television show I am watching and I do not even watch that on the television.

What he said...though Met has pretty much gotten me off the fence to start watching House of Cards, now. :)

Oh! I do catch whatever bits of Last Week Tonight that John Oliver & co. decide to throw onto YouTube...

I...I actually cannot remember the last time I've turned on the TV itself...
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 17 Oct 2014, 08:09

Lord Hosk wrote:Super Why
The Bernstein Bears
Wally Kazam
Dora the explorer
Sophia the First
Curious George
Im three weeks behind but they are on the DVR Agents of shield and Dr Who

Hosk, if I didn't already know you had kids I would know by now. :D
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Darkflame

Postby Darkflame » 17 Oct 2014, 08:28

Just to clarify - I also watch nothing broadcast. Our TV hasn't been hocked up for that. All those shows are via Netflix, Youtube, their own websites, or straight up piracy ^_^ (Gravity Falls - If Disney Releases the DVDs I'll buy them, but sadly they don't like releasing full seasons of cartoons on DVD)
--
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+. Give us a like if you can, it all helps.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 17 Oct 2014, 08:47

Currently Watching:
Gotham
Agents of SHIELD
Doctor Who
Legend of Korra
The Blacklist

Waiting to Return:
Top Gear
Game of Thrones
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 17 Oct 2014, 08:48

What Chrusher said.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 17 Oct 2014, 09:09

I'm currently watching, probably far too much TV, but is anyone else currently watching Person of Interest? That show got really good when Amy Acker joined (as does everything that she's in) and they've got a series long story arc atm that's really quite cool, thrown the characters around in interesting ways.
I'm also watching
Doctor Who
Agents of Shield
Legend of Korra
Daily Show/Colbert
Sleepy Hollow
South Park
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 17 Oct 2014, 09:26

I went for most of my life without any sort of TV other than library DVDs, so these last few years of having it I've been watching quite a lot of it.
I'm currently watching:
Agents of SHIELD
Arrow (it's gotten a lot better since it started, but is still a stupid kind of fun)
Flash (As above, though shows promise to be better once it finds its footing)
Gotham
Survivor (I know, I know. Guilty pleasure.)
Sleepy Hollow (building up a backlog in my PVR that I'll get to sometime. Wasn't crazy about last season, but I'll give it another chance)

And a few that I watch mostly because other members of my household do, and would likely stop pretty much immediately if they did:
The Amazing Race
The Mindy Project
Nashville (I don't even like country music, I don't know why I watch this.)

Also looking forward to Parks and Recreation and Game of Thrones coming back, and have been watching The Killing and rewatching Community on Netflix. Planning to start on Deep Space 9 on there next time there's a lull in the broadcast TV world.

Definitely the biggest TV related surprise for me has been Gotham. I was so sure it was going to be terrible, because with a premise like that, how could it not? But I'm three episodes in, and it's actually doing a really good job somehow. I'm impressed.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 17 Oct 2014, 10:26

I generally just watch football, although I wish they'd show more Women's Football on TV.

Apart from that, I watch the news (exciting I know!) and quiz shows. Pointless, University Challenge, and Only Connect are the stuff I often watch.

Also, Have I Got News for you when it's on. I also try and watch the Daily Show when I can, but it's on satellite, and Comedy Central doesn't show the US show in the UK, only a truncated version. I quite like Last Week Tonight has it's main story online, but yet again, I'd prefer seeing the whole show.
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 17 Oct 2014, 12:14

I don't really watch TV. When I do, I usually catch an episode of a crime drama: any of the CSIs, Law and Orders, NCISs, The Mentalist, Person of Interest, etc.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 17 Oct 2014, 12:25

Legend of Korra
RWBY
Sailor Moon Crystal
Catching up on old Dr Phil episodes on Youtube and wherever else I can find any.

I watch loads of animated stuff, because for some reason I've been in a slump with most live action shows... though I totally should pick up Star Gate S1 again.

Also waiting for Game of Thrones to start again.
Hurp-De-Durp!
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 17 Oct 2014, 12:40

Yeah, I bought the entire series of Stargate Atlantis a while back and have never watched it. I need to get on that. 2015?
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 17 Oct 2014, 12:44

I started Gotham a few days ago. This is just me being a Batman fanboy, I don't think the series is very good so far.
Darkflame

Postby Darkflame » 17 Oct 2014, 14:12

Daily Show/Colbert has their episodes online but its restricted in some countries. Theres free proxi's that work if you google around, but they dont tend to last more then half a year before you need to find another.

Ptangmatik wrote:I'm currently watching, probably far too much TV, but is anyone else currently watching Person of Interest? That show got really good when Amy Acker joined (as does everything that she's in) and they've got a series long story arc atm that's really quite cool, thrown the characters around in interesting ways.

Yes, Person of Interest is great.
Starting a little slow in the first season, but its been going from strength to strength ever since. Lots of good ideas, pretty smart characters, great aesthetic with nice details. Mostly plausible tech and pretty good humor in places too.
--
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 17 Oct 2014, 14:14

Bebop Man wrote:I started Gotham a few days ago. This is just me being a Batman fanboy, I don't think the series is very good so far.

I will say I feel like it would be stronger if they just cut out all the Bruce Wayne bits. Batman doesn't really need another origin story, but to the non-comic reading average person, getting to see some for the villains (even if they aren't accurate to the original source) is a refreshing change.

I also am just really liking the style. It actually looks Gothamy (again, to a very casual Batman fan), which I wasn't expecting them to really pull off. There's still a lot of room for improvement, but considering I was expecting it to be a dreadful cash-in on the fact that anything Batman related gets popular, I'm still impressed.

I wrote a book!
Darkflame

Postby Darkflame » 17 Oct 2014, 15:58

I only saw the pilot but it felt to me like they were too keen to make it all connected with Bruce. It was like a non-stop little montage of future villian camos.
I'll certainly agree they got the look right. Kudos to the location scouts and set designers (both physical and virtual..lots of little bits of CG in the background no dought).
I just dont feel that compelled to watch precisely because I know what becomes of most of the characters. There was no real "hock" at the end of the epp. It was all by the numbers....nothing explicitly bad or wrong.

I think it would have been a stronger show if it wasn't such a backstory.
Batman Year negative one, or something, rather then negative 10(?).

A cop show set in Gotham to me is a very compelling concept - moreso to me then getting back-stories for known characters.

Also...
..The graphics for the shows title during advertising had Blimps (TAS style). Is there Blimps? Will there be Blimps? This is an important question.
Dirigibles fans must know!
--
Rikadyn
First Video: the pub

Postby Rikadyn » 17 Oct 2014, 16:38

Don't own a TV here, so Youtube and netflix are my saviors

Also somehow I got addicted to british panelshows....
8 out of 10 Cats
Would I Lie To You
Mock of the Week
QI
Nevermind the Buzzcocks

Korean:
Runningman
the heart knows no greater tragedy than a breath that begins in love and ends in grief...
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 17 Oct 2014, 16:40

Darkflame wrote:I only saw the pilot but it felt to me like they were too keen to make it all connected with Bruce. It was like a non-stop little montage of future villian camos.

The pilot definitely did have a bit of villain overload. It's still that to a certain level, but it's not having all the ones that showed up in the pilot play a role in every episode, and the episodes do feel at least a bit more focused on Gordon now.

I wrote a book!

Return to “General Discussion”