Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Strazdas
First Video: Unskippable: Let's Play series

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby Strazdas » 21 Nov 2014, 04:42

Hello there. My nick is Strazdas or variation there-of everywhere i go so you may or may not recognize me from somewhere else. Quite likely - The Escapist as they host some of LRR shows.

I was watching your videos for around 3 years now and just finished watching my second DesertBus and people in the chat talked me into registering on the forums. On one side im a forum lower so this may be good, on another, why does the day only has 24 hours?!

So yeah, i may more or less post regullary, i hope.

Im from Lithuania, thats a ex-Soviet country in eastern Europe, and thanks to our history, quite poor country. Working as statistician i love all kinds of numbers and obviuosly videogames as well. Hopefully we will have many wonderful conversations with you lot.

As i see others posting their age i will as well - 25, though i find that age of a person is poor measure of what he has to say.

I'm quite an obsessive guy, so i would like to watch ALL of your videos, however you are not the only group i want to do this with, and once again only 24 hours in a day. Hopefully ill see most new ones at least.

And while we are at it, id like to be clear about signature rules. Are signatures like this posts viewtopic.php?p=745982#p745982 allowed and what is the limit for how large in height/filesize signatures can get. Dont want to anger moderators if i start putting in large signatures.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 21 Nov 2014, 13:14

Welcome to the forum! Regarding the signatures question, there are no hard and fast rules. Use your best judgement. If there's something you want to put in your signature, just consider, if someone else had the same thing (but for the sake of argument, let's say it didn't entertain or amuse you at all), would it annoy you to see every time they post? If no, go right ahead! :)

And to any post-Desert Bus lurkers who might be peeking in on the forums, come in and say hello! :mrgreen:
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
SmknMirrs
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby SmknMirrs » 23 Nov 2014, 21:15

Hi, been a fan of the LRR crew for a couple of years now, I guess, but just now getting around to joining the forums. I'm an aspiring artist/animator living in the United States. I'm a really quiet guy, both in person and on the internet; for that reason, I'm not a frequent forum poster, but the community seemed so friendly that I went ahead and signed up.
InevitableSurrender
First Video: something related to ENN

Postby InevitableSurrender » 24 Nov 2014, 19:51

Well, why not. I'd known about LRR for a while (mostly through The Escapist, I believe), but it wasn't until the end of Desert Bus 7 when I really dove in and watched... everything. Great stuff to work to, though difficult when laughing while using sharp implements. (Not a complaint.)

Chances are that I will be a forever silent lurker (like I... always was...), since if I'm not working then I'm writing, and if I'm not working or writing then I'm eating or sleeping. Or potentially defending how I posed action figures on the shelf on that particular day. Whirlwind of excitement, etc. Point being: hi.
(I make the chocobos.)
Fluffboll
First Video: Loading Ready Run Premiers on Monday

Postby Fluffboll » 25 Nov 2014, 15:12

Hello (as is tradition)

Been lurking for a while and have watched LRR videos since they first showed up on the Escapist.
After watching through DB8 I decided that maybe I should try and join in the community a little. So here I am saying hello :)
How was I supposed it was that stone that held the dragons at bay... I mean it just stood there looking dull anyway.
Jaqspur

Postby Jaqspur » 03 Dec 2014, 01:19

Um.... hi. Hi forums. :) I've been a LRR fan for many years now, and I've been watching Desert Bus for almost as long, but I only had the nerve to join the chat this year. It was such an amazing experience that I decided to sign up for the forums, too. So.... hi again.
I don't know if I'm gonna be super active here, my past experiences with forums say I probably won't. But I really adore this community so much that I thought I'd give it a go.

I'm 16, (I know I'm a babby, don't rub it in) I am drawn to pretty much everything in the world (music, dance, videogames, art, fancy words) but I'm not genuinely good at anything (yet?) and I have no idea what I'm doing with my life. It's coo, tho. I'm workin' on it. :)
"Lobsters 'n' Beards" is the name of my Mumford and Sons/B52s cross-over cover band.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 03 Dec 2014, 01:27

Hello to new people! Enjoy your stay, hang out, stay awesome, and don't feed the Elomin.

Don't worry, you'll work it out.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 03 Dec 2014, 02:45

Jaqspur wrote:... but I'm not genuinely good at anything (yet?) and I have no idea what I'm doing with my life...

*whisper* Don't worry, neither do we.
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Jaqspur

Postby Jaqspur » 03 Dec 2014, 02:54

korvys wrote:
Jaqspur wrote:... but I'm not genuinely good at anything (yet?) and I have no idea what I'm doing with my life...

*whisper* Don't worry, neither do we.

Oh nice! We can all be utterly lost together! Good to know. :shock:
"Lobsters 'n' Beards" is the name of my Mumford and Sons/B52s cross-over cover band.
BiriBiri
First Video: Man cooking (when that was a thing)

Postby BiriBiri » 03 Dec 2014, 21:46

Hey long time watcher first time listener.... no wait what? Anyways been watching since mancooking and ICC was a thing. Pretty much a poor college freshmen doing Kendo at UC Davis majoring in Microbio. Usually a lurker but hey finally made an account might as well post an intro. Oh also am going to try and do the fan streaming thing time and computer willing.
billyme
First Video: no

Postby billyme » 19 Dec 2014, 04:46

ImageImageImage
eldrin13
First Video: Found out about LRR through Strip Search

Postby eldrin13 » 19 Dec 2014, 11:28

Hi all,
Been watching the streams on twitch for the past year or so, and the LRR videos for a bit longer than that. Got to participate in my first desert bus and decided I should actually join the forums finally. Anyway, hello world!
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 22 Dec 2014, 04:00

Hello, I'm Logic, I've not been on for a while and kind of miss everyone but not sure how to get back into the swing of things here.

So... yeah. Hi guys.
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 22 Dec 2014, 04:41

Welcome to all the newbies, and welcome back Logic! How ya been?
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 22 Dec 2014, 05:02

Doing okay, got married, started third year at uni. Have I missed anything?
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 22 Dec 2014, 05:08

Elomin is starting to show signs of human emotion, there's a new forum RPG and the depression thread's got about 10 pages longer. Other than that, all is shipshape as always, I think.
Radyin
First Video: A Stitch in Time

Postby Radyin » 22 Dec 2014, 22:26

Howdy. I've had this account for a while, but I've never posted for some reason.

I'm a long time viewer of LRR stuff and DB. Feed Dump is probably my favorite series, but that's like picking your favorite child.

So, hello. Glad to be here. :)

(Oh, and it's pronounced Rad-ē-in.)
Rikadyn
First Video: the pub

Postby Rikadyn » 22 Dec 2014, 22:38

Radyin wrote:Howdy. I've had this account for a while, but I've never posted for some reason.

I'm a long time viewer of LRR stuff and DB. Feed Dump is probably my favorite series, but that's like picking your favorite child.

So, hello. Glad to be here. :)

(Oh, and it's pronounced Rad-ē-in.)

Hmmm...I have a feeling if you become common they will mix us up at some point...
the heart knows no greater tragedy than a breath that begins in love and ends in grief...
mtvcdm
First Video: Pokeproblem

Postby mtvcdm » 26 Dec 2014, 00:04

Well, I've been in the chat enough, I suppose sooner or later I ought to show up here. If anyone is also on the Penny Arcade board, they already know me as Gosling, but since Twitch already had a Gosling, I reverted to my other default username, and so here I am as mtvcdm. Nobody's stealing that one on me. (To answer the question, it's an acronym for 'MTV Celebrity Deathmatch', my favorite show when I first showed up on the Internet.)

Retail employee. Don't like it. Want out of it. Town doesn't have many opportunities to do that. Exploring my options. In the meantime, I do a bunch of writing, recently focusing on a soccer beat, and steadily build my bookshelf to proportions beyond that which my actual physical bookshelf can handle and I should probably invest in an e-book at some point but I like having the actual books in hand. (Most recent acquisition: Bozo Sapiens: Why to Err Is Human, by Michael and Ellen Kaplan.)
ThePasserby
First Video: Mercenary Solutions

Postby ThePasserby » 30 Dec 2014, 10:26

Hello, I'm The Passerby, was trying to get just Passerby...didn't work out.

I am a struggling college student, and I made a account to post my feelings about the last Sketch of 2014.

This is my second post here...and...hmm...I plan on hanging around I think. See what's up.

Maybe see if I can't figure out who to ask about Jeremy Petter's Extra Life game. Saw some of it earlier in October, but IRL stuff happened, and now I can't find a copy of it anywhere...

Love LRR on Twitch.
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. -Mark Twain
Reila.Oda
First Video: Watch and Play Prayer Warriors

Postby Reila.Oda » 01 Jan 2015, 11:23

Hello everybody! I'm Reila Oda the latest refugee to find the LRR community as a great shelter. I'm a goofball who loves being in the chat. The chat has been amazing and I'm loving the community so far. I'm a pretty (Massive air-quotes) "hard core" gamer. I play all sorts of games, from puzzle games to twitch action games that I get decent at. I'm a friendly sort perhaps a little to much so but you all don't seem to mind so here I am!

I'm easy to get in touch with and adore making friends, so shoot me a line. I'd love to hear from you guys.
I’ve come here from nowhere
Across the unforgiving sea
Drifting further and further
It’s all becoming clear to me
Minaplo
First Video: Discount Deities

Postby Minaplo » 03 Jan 2015, 01:13

Hello, folks. I'm Minaplo. I've been following LRR for awhile now, sometimes off and on, and have recently begun following the twitch account. In fact, I subscribed today (Watch and Play (Watched and Play mo'like). It was magnificent). I enjoy video games, primarily strategy games and RPGs, and am currently moving my way through the XCam archives.

I'm also a passionate roleplayer and am currently running one game and planning to run a few others.

Thanks!
Oversized Robot Enthusiast.
I run RPGs! Primarily 40kRPG or mods thereof. Currently running...
Nerv France: An AdEva Game
navyshipman
First Video: Three Ps3's

Postby navyshipman » 04 Jan 2015, 00:18

Dear People of LRR,
I volunteer to join the runners. I'm been lurking for a few years now. I play video games and read books, mostly technical manuals, and watching videos. I'm know as imonashipman on steam and skype. Feel free to message me. My work schedule is ever changing, so I may take a while to respond.
Everything is fine,
Shipman
Imp_Caprae
First Video: LoadingReadyRun

Postby Imp_Caprae » 06 Jan 2015, 23:00

Imp_Caprae here, a Florida native and resident. I've been watching LRR for a while now, but never joined the forums til I hung out in the Twitch channel for IDDQDERP and the Bonus Stream yesterday/today (1/6-1/7) and found an awesome community.
:) I'll be around, probably lurking until I'm more comfortable but just wanted to say that I've not seen a community so nice in a long time. Gives me a lot of hope I thought I'd never see.

Return to “General Discussion”