Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby Elomin Sha » 30 Nov 2014, 14:11

Mine was:

Customer brought a scart cable to trade in with their PS3, we don't take HDMI with consoles. Go to test the machine with the scart but despite it being the correct connector it is too thick to fit in the back. You have to force it in and risk damaging the pins.
I told them I couldn't take it, they have a go at me saying they went to the other store on our recommendation, and usually the cables they have there work. This time there was no red and everything was green and when colour was normal the slight movement cause the picture to go.
They then accuse me of not wanting to trade the machine in so we don't have to honour a trade in deal we have.
I got tetchy, which is never good. I said: "Don't blame me for them making an inferior product." They demanded we should pay them for the cable and their fuel (probably 40 pence) even though I told them they could go back to the other store because the cable wasn't fit for purpose.
Asked for Head Office number and my name.
I hate customers some times, but one behind told themthat I did the right thing.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 30 Nov 2014, 14:13

I get really annoyed at people who complain about how 'homosexual' Dragon Age Inquisition is. Their complaint is that there aren't that many gay people in the world so it's unrealistic that there would be so many gay or bisexual romance options in the game; and that the homosexuality is too prominent in the game.

Okay firstly, Dragon Age has Dragons, Magic, Demons, Elves, Dwarfs, Qunarai, and a parallel world called the Fade amongst other things. How in any way is that realistic? So all that is fine to be unrealistic, but a greater proportion of people being gay? ARE YOU MAD?!?

Look, this is a fictional world, why should it have the same standards as 'our' world? In fact, there is a codex entry which explicitly states that bisexuality is mostly accepted in Thedas (Dragon Age's world). Therefore having more gay/bi people in this world is just how this world is.

Secondly, the people complaining about the homosexual scenes in this game (because there is nudity in the romance scenes...much to my surprise when I played it), the homosexual romances, as with the other heterosexual romances, are ALL optional, and they tell you when you're A) choosing a romance dialogue, and B) when that dialogue will lead to a sex scene. If you really don't want to see homosexuality in the game, you can easily avoid it.

Thirdly, this is a game for adults, and if you're so uncomfortable as an adult to be confronted with any hint of homosexuality that this game may suggest (which I repeat is easily avoidable) then I'm afraid you're going to find interacting with the real world pretty difficult.

Urgh, look, even if you really hate homosexuality, don't shit on a game just because it gives you the option to be homosexual.

Also, have these people ever played a Bioware game? Homosexual relations in their games is really nothing new.
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 30 Nov 2014, 15:12

if you're so uncomfortable as an adult to be confronted with any hint of homosexuality that this game may suggest (which I repeat is easily avoidable) then I'm afraid you're going to find interacting with the real world pretty difficult.
Oh they do. If it wasn't for the fact that they act on that difficulty with fear and anger, it would be amusing.
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
leapy
First Video: One of the old ENN ones, it was ages ago

Postby leapy » 30 Nov 2014, 17:02

I had 2 weeks to do this assingment, did I plan ahead and get it done in a reasonable time? Did I fuck. Why do I have to procrastinate so much?
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 30 Nov 2014, 19:45

^ My entire last semester.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 30 Nov 2014, 19:55

^Me with job applications or anything really.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 01 Dec 2014, 12:10

Emotional blackmail to get me to screw myself over to help you doesn't work. You know it doesn't. All it does is make me rewind the video I was watching to hear what I missed while you had a pissy-fit.

You want something from me? Give me something. I don't work for free.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 01 Dec 2014, 13:57

So, been struggling with a mild cold for a few days, and went tow ork this afternoon...and rushed to the staff bathroom and threw up before i evne got out of my coat and boots.

they sent me home, and i'm feeling kinda better - not nauseous - but tired and achy (abdominals from the unusual activity)...but not tired enough to sleep, but too tired to DO anything :(

so im lying in bed trying to type on the laptop...at least i have dbfh8 videos to watch, and twitch streams...but ugh. and to make things even more weird, i don't use the alptop much so im not used to this keyboard arrangement, and weve got a different browser that's confusing me :P
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 01 Dec 2014, 13:59

empath wrote:So, been struggling with a mild cold for a few days, and went tow ork this afternoon...and rushed to the staff bathroom and threw up before i evne got out of my coat and boots.

they sent me home, and i'm feeling kinda better - not nauseous - but tired and achy (abdominals from the unusual activity)...but not tired enough to sleep, but too tired to DO anything :(

so im lying in bed trying to type on the laptop...at least i have dbfh8 videos to watch, and twitch streams...but ugh. and to make things even more weird, i don't use the alptop much so im not used to this keyboard arrangement, and weve got a different browser that's confusing me :P

We can tell.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
korvys

Postby korvys » 01 Dec 2014, 22:06

So there's an issue in production, fairly minor, but causing a lot of work for some people, and we have a fix for it, and it's all tested, and approved, and put in place, ready to go, and all I need you to do is turn it on and- Oh? You have to leave? In the middle of our conversation? No, that's ok. I don't really give a shit, thanks.

keybase.io
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 02 Dec 2014, 08:15

Was walking to my nearest town to catch the bus (missed my local bus) and walked under a scaffold as something heavy and metal landed somewhere close. (I didn't see what it was).
It initially made me lol, but as I walked away I wanted to tear up.
It was too much for me.

Scaffolds are meant to have things to stop stuff falling off. Scaffolds are meant to be safe for the public.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 02 Dec 2014, 18:28

Grrrr... This type of thing always happens to me, and I know it happens to other people, too.

You set a thing down. Later, you're looking at it and think "That's in a precarious position. I better move it before it gets knocked down accidentally." Then, when you pick it up to move it, you end up knocking it down and spilling everywhere. This is the EXACT circumstance you wanted to avoid.

:evil:
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

empath

Postby empath » 03 Dec 2014, 06:09

how am i sicker

i just went to the bathroo, and had tocrawl back to be d

majes me wanna sing 'im sick of bein sick' by bob kevoian and the mad armenians, but my throat is too sore

eff lifr judt let me pass kn
leapy

Postby leapy » 03 Dec 2014, 11:51

I was supposed to wake up at 8AM, woke up at 4PM instead.
empath

Postby empath » 04 Dec 2014, 06:31

welp, day 4 of dealing with what is apparently flu - today is the day I'll be coughing up phlegm that has build upp in my lungs...on the plus side, i should be bak in action soon, at this point.

but...'i'm sick of being sick' - i hate not having the strength to even sit up (i'm lying on my stomach with a pillow under my chest, blankets over my back, while looking up anf typing out a few words at a time with one hnd

i think i need to get out of retail, because it exposes me to qall the bugs though customers :(
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 04 Dec 2014, 06:36

So...visit from the local PD to my apt thanks to my roommates. Now have my name in a file with the drug enforcement people. THANKS GUYS. Need to get a second job so I can move out here and pay all 1,000 rent myself til my friend gets down here to move in with me... yay.
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 05 Dec 2014, 13:37

Just a reminder that

UPS

SUCKS
viscomica
First Video: SPRING!

Postby viscomica » 05 Dec 2014, 17:42

So I reaaaaally need to get this planning for a trip going. Like, seriously! And I'm doing my part, but my uncle doesn't understand that for a person in the southern hemisphere you can't just buy plane tickets the week before travelling. You HAVE to buy them ahead of time. Like a few months earlier. And he just doesn't get it.
It infuriates me that he's currently ignoring me is all.
(Sorry for the vent, I'm just a bit mad. I'll delete this post once I'm un-mad again)
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 07 Dec 2014, 14:12

I'm tired and thus I am being crushed by my burdens that are insignificant compared to others, which means they crush me more.

I still miss my best friend and there's someone who is in critical trouble with regards to cancer and I feel even worse about feeling unhappy about "missing someone".
korvys

Postby korvys » 07 Dec 2014, 16:20

Yay! I'm sick! (stomach bug, or something) Now I get to play a fun game of "Are these stomach cramps because a) I'm sick, or b) because I'm really hungry from not eating, because of (a)"

keybase.io
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 07 Dec 2014, 18:42

Yay! Desert Bus shirt arrived.
Fuck! I ordered the wrong size.
How did I not notice during the order process!? X(
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 08 Dec 2014, 00:39

My freaking luck... I was literally just about to purchase the parts for a new computer. I went to check out. Clocked ticked up past 3. CPU went up $35, lost free shipping, and basically have to refigure out every option to keep it below the price I was given to work with.

Great.
Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

Postby Amake » 08 Dec 2014, 18:49

Thank you, random Dark Souls player whose name I never saw, for cheating your way into my game unannounced in an area with an already dead boss, to shoot me in the back with a barrage of spells way above my level when I was already half dead from the fight I was involved in. I hope your self esteem is so damn low this massively unearned victory made you feel better about yourself, because otherwise you'd have to be some form of human garbage to go so far out of your way to stomp on someone so much smaller than you, who's done nothing to you, with such complete ruthlessness.
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 10 Dec 2014, 15:17

An hour and a half wait to leave due to a drained battery, a car crash, completely missing the event you went for in the first place and arriving home 9 hours after you set out with no car- a decidedly shit way to spend an evening.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
leapy

Postby leapy » 10 Dec 2014, 15:55

My pseudonym is Ix wrote:An hour and a half wait to leave due to a drained battery, a car crash, completely missing the event you went for in the first place and arriving home 9 hours after you set out with no car- a decidedly shit way to spend an evening.

That's why my car now contains a set of jump leads at all times. My battery doesn't like the cold very much. It's usually far quicker to run and get a neighbor than it is to wait for the AA. As for the car crash, well shit. I've been in a couple of those, they suck no matter haw lightly you got off.

This CAD assignment is about 5 times more difficult than I thought it was going to be.

Return to “General Discussion”