Loading Ready Fan Draft.

A place to talk about standard, casual, limited and everything in between.
Karnasis
First Video: Paul

Re: Loading Ready Fan Draft.

Postby Karnasis » 15 Nov 2014, 10:36

I would love to do a Fan Draft today, but I won't know until later if I can (Wife's Birthday). I know several people won't just because of DB (I mean that's fine :) but I likes magic too)
hascow
First Video: Clubbing Your Friends

Postby hascow » 15 Nov 2014, 20:30

Here is my deck. I went 2-1, and had to mull to 3 in R3G3 :(

Fun deck, although I never saw Ankle Shanker
hascow

Postby hascow » 22 Nov 2014, 20:26

Double post!

Went 1-2 this week with a deck I felt was pretty mediocre. Here it is. Could do some cool things, but mostly just got out-bigged too quickly.
Arakasi
First Video: Uhh, no idea.

Postby Arakasi » 22 Nov 2014, 20:51

Went the ol' 1-2.
I think I got manascrewed a few too many times, but other than that I had some really good games.

And in round 3 I managed to beat a game with a 5 colour morph deck despite them having a Sarkhan and a Trail of Mystery out, which I consider a moral victory.

Anyhow this is my deck: http://i.imgur.com/WOm7qfF.jpg
I think it's pretty good.
Arakasi
First Video: Uhh, no idea.

Postby Arakasi » 22 Nov 2014, 23:40

So I played Cube for the first time with 4 other fandrafters.

This was my deck:
http://i.imgur.com/pXycf4Y.jpg

I only got to cast Emrakul twice sadly:
http://i.imgur.com/onnqJiK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YqiuwxC.jpg

Absolutely wrecked my opponents in round 1-2, but Hascow destroyed me in round 3. I made a lot of misplays. It was really really fun though, I encourage other fandrafters to try it.
hascow

Postby hascow » 22 Nov 2014, 23:41

5 of us decided to cube after the fandraft. This was my deck. It was pretty silly. Went 3-0 and was super fun. I definitely think that we should do some fancubes, whether it's as our fandrafts, after, or some other time. Cube is great!
CommiePuddin
First Video: Friday Nights: Untap

Postby CommiePuddin » 23 Nov 2014, 17:47

Got in my second fan draft experience, and it was just as good as the first. I just need to be quicker on the trigger to get in that first queue. :)

My KTK deck: http://imgur.com/RzH6NTl

Went 3-0 with this beauty. Would have loved a Secret Plans or Trail of Mystery to go with it. Only played one fan, as there were only three of us in the second queue. I found myself siding out a Scout the Borders in favor of a Temur Charm in every round.

I joined the gang for the post-KTK cube and picked these cards: http://imgur.com/VIL37ob

This deck went 2-1, losing to the aforementioned hascow. My deck was a little slow to handle the goblin assault, but beat a GB something deck and a mirror match.

10/10 would draft again.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 29 Nov 2014, 20:58

So I did a thing. 2-1

Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
notomtolose

Postby notomtolose » 29 Nov 2014, 21:11

Deck - Click to Expand

I haven't been able to play for a few weeks, so it felt really great to 3-0. My first few picks basically went Aven-Punch-Punch, so I got a bit lucky that Temur ended up super open. Most of the Snowhorn Riders came to me very late, and I didn't spend high picks on the Secret Plans, either.

I ended up siding out the Secret Plans in two of my matchups - Jeskai round one and Abzan round three offered much greater rewards for my more interactive cards (bounce was a blowout against prowess, outlast and combat tricks). I even sided in the Mardu Blazebringer against Jeakai since they seemed so creature-light. In the middle match against Sultai the Secret Plans were all-stars, however. I also found that the Embodiment and Banner went well with all the Mandrills.

Good times, all! Hope to be here next week!
whatthebus
First Video: Rapidfire S2E1

Postby whatthebus » 29 Nov 2014, 21:25

http://imgur.com/QtI6DGi
P1P1 Sorin, then Abzan Charm, thought I was going to be in Abzan, then pack 2 got passed Butcher followed my Mardu Roughrider. When I wasn't fighting my mana the deck played really well. The finals against Adi_pie was wild, barely managed to stay alive game 3, until I resolved every bomb in the deck and finally got there.
In this moment, I'm not a huge fan of whatthebus.
-Graham Stark
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 29 Nov 2014, 22:38

My Mardu Warriors deck was in the zone of "Fun, but not strong enough to win"
I'm still going to claim I beat Adam, though. :D
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Maddrius
First Video: Strip Search

Postby Maddrius » 29 Nov 2014, 23:48

Wound up 1-2 with this:

I needed a bit more fixing (had to run the banner of all things), and the deck was inconsistent. No real removal made things tough, but I did get to turn three a Shambling attendant ...
CommiePuddin
First Video: Friday Nights: Untap

Postby CommiePuddin » 30 Nov 2014, 15:15

I don't have a photo from my deck on Saturday, but I went Sultai when Temur was open and did about as well as I could have expected to at 1-2. Picked up one piece of on-color fixing and opened two fetches so the mana was just busted all night.

How did the post-Khans cubing go?
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 06 Dec 2014, 20:27

Went 2-1 with this.

Had a nail biter of a match one, opponent went to less than a minute left I mulled to 4 game one and mulled to 3 game three.

Round two my opponent just plain got mana screwed.

Round three my opponent misunderstood a card, if it would have worked the way he thought it would have been a complete blow out. I got really lucky on that one.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
hascow

Postby hascow » 06 Dec 2014, 20:34

3-0'd the LRRfan pod with this: Image

It was pretty gross.
whatthebus
First Video: Rapidfire S2E1

Postby whatthebus » 06 Dec 2014, 20:56

Lost to Hascow in the finals with this deck. *grumblegrumbleSarkhangrumble* :P
It was a pretty sick deck, but it was a pretty sick pool. Jondare's deck in Rd1 was pretty gross, too. I didn't see enough of Memo's to really comment.
In this moment, I'm not a huge fan of whatthebus.
-Graham Stark
hascow

Postby hascow » 07 Dec 2014, 00:17

We did a fun fancube after the Khans draft. I went 2-1 with this:

Reanimator/ramp/value is a fun deck, and Primeval Titan does some stupid things.
Under_Score
First Video: Unskippable Pilot

Postby Under_Score » 07 Dec 2014, 01:09

Been awhile since I actually shared my FanDraft deck here. Almost exactly 3 months, in fact. Though, I've also only been in 4 or 5 FanDrafts since then.

At any rate, here she is: http://imgur.com/a/Zq1k5

I first picked Ghostfire Blade and tried to go for a morph theme. I think I mostly succeeded, though it didn't play out as well as I'd liked. Still went 2-1, so I can't really complain, but I only managed to use the blade for full effect a couple of times. Of course, then there was that time hascow stole it from me with that crazy morph creature. *Shakes fist* Darn kids stealing my invisible knives.
-Under Underscore Score (or just Underscore for short)
Dix
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Dix » 07 Dec 2014, 01:11

I... yeah. Somehow I punted a SICK mono-red gobbo burn deck to 1-2. I'm super salty after I had the win in hand R2G1 with opponent down at 2 and a Murderous Redcap in hand (for the shock and win) and I won game 2 so I technically should have been 2-0 at that point but I played the Chandra's Phoenix instead and... well.. yeah. I hosed myself. And then I ran into counter-burn in Round 3 and just tilted further as I just couldn't play anything. Oh well... it was super fun.

I also missed the fanpod in the draft and somehow ended up drafting Jeskai (AGAIN) and went 1-2. Ugh. I hate drafting Jeskai yet it keeps coming around to me. Go the bus away Jeskai. I don't like you anymore.
Desert Bus 1,2,3,4,5,6,and 9 Chat mod
Desert Bus 007 and 8 Onsite Chat Mod
Wooglie
First Video: Desert Bus

Postby Wooglie » 07 Dec 2014, 05:32

I've just noticed that they've got replays working for drafts again, so I recorded a few games from the fan draft I won on the 9th November.

Round 1 vs Maddrius
http://youtu.be/KdDKbMsk0kk
http://youtu.be/G4ktJHhoPMU

Round 3 vs Swagbats
http://youtu.be/YsCYXToM4tI
http://youtu.be/n_7LApyCzZo
hascow

Postby hascow » 13 Dec 2014, 20:18

Second straight 3-0 for me. Here was the deck this week, in pod 2:

This deck was able to go in lots of different directions. It could grind it out with all the big butts, or it could hit an early kin-tree invocation off the big butts and then get silly.
Maddrius
First Video: Strip Search

Postby Maddrius » 13 Dec 2014, 21:18

Wound up 2-1, but finally made it to the finals in KTK. (for that matter, this is my first non 0-3 or 1-2 in KTK).

My Goblin-Mill Rush of Battle deck:

Wish I'd been recording/streaming this week, as all of my games were nail biters. Many thanks to my opponents for the great games! (Kidror, Notomtolose, Under_Score).

The deck was fun, but hard to pilot. Under_Score's bear force deck managed to out aggro me in games two and three of the finals.
Under_Score
First Video: Unskippable Pilot

Postby Under_Score » 13 Dec 2014, 22:16

http://imgur.com/a/IvxoW

Here's my 3-0 deck from tonight. Had some pretty tough games, but managed to get through with some early damage, aggressive trading, and big creatures. After game one, I usually ended up siding in another island and my second Snowhorn Rider, since it was my only real evasion. It never seemed to be a bad decision, at any rate.
-Under Underscore Score (or just Underscore for short)
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 14 Dec 2014, 05:25

My daughter woke up crying and I was all distracted :( I made some really bad plays.

[–]Graham_LRR
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 15 Dec 2014, 21:52

OK the trouble with the FanDraft poll being started so early, having no "no-vote" option and being hyped so much is what you see here.

There are currently 60 votes. The largest gathering we have ever had was 22. Roughly 40 people have voted who wont be playing they either just picked something to see the results, or they picked what they want other people to play either way all these votes just throw the poll way off reality.

[–]Graham_LRR

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”