Fate Reforged Prerelease

A place to talk about standard, casual, limited and everything in between.
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Fate Reforged Prerelease

Postby korvys » 17 Jan 2015, 00:51

Who went to the prerelease? How did it go? What clan did you choose? What did you learn?

I'll start. I chose Sultai as my clan and despite what I thought was a fairly week pool in those colours, couldn't really justify moving into any other colours either, so BUG it was.

Went 3-1, mostly by hitting people in the face with blue Jeskai prowess guys, triggering the prowess with removal, and occasionally clearing thing up with Crux of Fate.

The game I lost taught me an important lesson. If you see an Abzan Beastmaster, kill it. Right now. Don't wait, don't think you win the big butt race, just kill it. For the first half of the game, I had the bigger creature each time, but then he killed some of my guys, and got a big guy of his own, and I couldn't deal with it, and he drew 5 or 6 cards before I could deal with it. Just kill it.

Oh, and I got the alt-art Ugin from my Ugin booster, which is supposed to be worth quite a lot of money. So that's pretty awesome.
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Tinfish
First Video: Krogslist

Re: Fate Reforged Prerelease

Postby Tinfish » 17 Jan 2015, 02:31

I chose Temur, as I'd planned, and apparently got a box full of leftovers. While other players opened Ojutai, or Silumgar, or Tasigur, or Yasova and Daghatar and Alesha, I opened ... Shaman of the Great Hunt, and pretty much nothing else of use. I constructed a fairly durdle-y Temur morph deck - missing most of the stuff to make it go, like Secret Plans or Icefeather Avens - won two rounds by the skin of my teeth, and got utterly destroyed the other two.

In retrospect, I could probably have done better by abandoning Temur and moving into Abzan with my prerelease box; I had a fair amount of cheap white and black, and Citadel Siege and the white uncommon dragon at the top end.

My Ugin booster, ugh. Let me tell you about my Ugin booster. Write Into Being (the blue card that lets you look at the top two cards of your library and manifest one of them), Arashin War Beast (seven-drop 5/5 that manifests off your library when it deals damage to blockers), a basic forest, and a manifest token.

I did open a Flooded Strand and Bloodstained Mire, so I might be able to make a bit of the cost back, but still, ugh.

Increasingly tempted to grab a bunch of Icefeather Avens, Mistfire Weavers, Secret Plans etc and make a standard blue/green Temur fliers/morph deck, just to do it properly ... but for a competitive standard morph deck you really need a playset of Ghostfire Blade, and you can guess how many copies I have of that.

And then I came home to find that the dog had, in her bored madness, utterly obliterated one of the pillows from the patio furniture. Fluff everywhere.

So basically I feel ... let down. I wasn't expecting to open Atarka or Ugin, but I would have liked a Temur War Shaman or a Temur Sabertooth or something.
It's fish in a tin!
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 17 Jan 2015, 09:35

I'm going tonight... Still not sure who I'm picking.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

RadioshackRaider
First Video: Friday Nights: Untap

Postby RadioshackRaider » 17 Jan 2015, 10:31

I've been to 2 out of my 3 so far. I've had pretty slid pools for once, and I've come 6th then 5th. Friday gave me a Dromoka promo, a windswept heath and a Soulfire Grand Master, which I didn't play. Today I went Jeskai, got a Shu Yun promo, a foil Flamewake Pheonix and a Ugin. Those were just the really notable stuff.I've managed to do a bunch of trades and get a whole bunch of cool Commander stuff, so I'm pretty happy to be playing Temur on a nice, laid back Sunday. I'll post my full lists once I get back from the release tomorrow.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 17 Jan 2015, 16:10

I chose sultai day one, and while I thought maybe I could go under with blue/white aggro, I didn't think I had quite enough creatures and so I went with straight up Sultai, with 5 1/1 creatures for 2 mana (yeah vanilla test -- no really, you manifest when they die and I had a Crux of Fate). Still didn't do well, though, but whatever.

Then day 2, I went Mardu, opened my packs and saw an Abzan deck staring me in the face. No word yet on how that pans out.
SohNata
First Video: Unskippable

Postby SohNata » 17 Jan 2015, 16:55

First pre-release in two years. Good to play MtG again and the crowd at the store seem friendly. Went 2-3, although did open Soulfire Grand Master and Monastery Siege. Made tons of mistakes though, just in reading cards and whatnot. So many mechanics and whatnot...easy to get lost.
notomtolose

Postby notomtolose » 17 Jan 2015, 20:49

Ran Temur, opened an incredibly unexciting but very consistent pool, somehow managed to win the whole thing.

It turns out everyone is trying to be the white deck, and 2/3s and 4/4s easily block 90% of their nonrare creatures.

The stars of my deck were one Icefeather Aven, three Lotus Path Djinns, two Bear's Companions and a Cancel.

Aven Surveyor, Whisk Away, Whisperer of the Wilds and Wild Slash are also all as good as they seem, if you weren't sure.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 17 Jan 2015, 21:26

Went with Clark B. Miller from Twitch chat to a 2HG pre-release. He went Temur and I went Mardu. We went 1-3. I liked our decks, but we just got out-classed.

Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 17 Jan 2015, 21:47

First event we had to register our decks, my trouble with lists meant it ate up most of my deck building time. Took me until after round two to build the deck I should have. went 2-2

Second event, went 4-0 with a record of 8-1 then intentionally drew round 5. and split prize pool for top 8

8 packs of prizes opened. Foil Ugin, Two Fetch lands, Shaman of the Great Hunt, Monastery Mentor.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 18 Jan 2015, 02:02

So I went to my first ever pre-release last night, intending to go Jeskai. As it turned out, everyone on the end of the table near me had the same plan, meaning that one of my friends (and someone much better at Magic than me) missed out- they ran out of Jeskai boxes. So I thought I'd be nice and, since I had no particular reason to go Jeskai, gave him mine and went Mardu instead.

Apparently, however, Jeskai has a bit of a thing for me. My card pool wasn't bad for the most part, and there was a decent Mardu deck coming together... and then, on my very last card, I pulled Soulfire Grand Master. The two people sitting next to me took one look and said "...yeah, you're going Jeskai. And have also just paid for this prerelease"

Given my card pool, this was no biggie, and I could happily afford to splash a little black for some of my good Mardu. Won my first game and lost the second very tightly, but in my third and fourth I lost a fairly meek first game before having to mulligan to five and just about hanging on heroically before a perhaps inevitable demise.

Still, it had been a fine experience and I'd enjoyed myself. The only outstanding issue was what to do with Soulfire- whilst undeniably powerful, the card isn't particularly to my style and I don't typically go through the hassle of selling my cards. I could have traded it, but instead I chose to give it to a friend who is about t leave to go home to Germany. This was commented on as rather strange behaviour, but meh- I've never been super in to Magic anyway.

At my LGS, everyone receives some prize or other in an event. My 1-3 record was enough to net me two boosters and an Ugin booster. Pulled a nice green mythic whose name escaped me in my first booster, and in the second... a Soulfire Grand Master.

I think the Jeskai way may be trying to tell me something.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Antitonic
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Antitonic » 18 Jan 2015, 02:05

Did 5 events, one for each clan. Ended up 6-8-2. Writing up a full trip report with deck lists and prizes momentarily.

EDIT: By "momentarily", I of course mean "eventually, after Windows finishes uninstalling itself for no reason".
Last edited by Antitonic on 18 Jan 2015, 07:59, edited 1 time in total.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 18 Jan 2015, 07:02

They ran out of Jeskai at our place, too. Clark and I were planning to go Jeskai/Abzan, but since they ran out, we went Temur/Mardu.

RadioshackRaider

Postby RadioshackRaider » 18 Jan 2015, 10:26

So I'm back from my last Pre-release. I switched to Mardu because I wanted a Mardu badge... It didn't work out great. Still happy with my over all success. I traded for a whole bunch of stuff I wanted and managed to get all 10 legends. I also found a fiver down my town's high street, so that cheered me up after coming last. Also, theer was a total of 7 Ugins pulled over 3 events, 3 of them the alt-art. One, a normal Ugin, is mine, so I just don't care.
SohNata

Postby SohNata » 18 Jan 2015, 13:14

So - today was the day I won my first pre-release! Went 5-0 (10-2)) overall. I find it funny how when I used to play, I don't think I ever finished a pre-release with a winning record; this was my first weekend doing them after not playing for ~1-2yrs and today it all came together.

All the matches were excellent bar the opening one, too. The format seems very deep with a lot to consider and quite a few games went down to the wire. Even top-decked to victory in one, barely squeaked out others. Somehow I also survived a Turn 3 Alesha ---> Turn 4 Brutal Hordechief opening. Also a deck with Ojutai, Tasigur and Whisperwood Elemental.

I'm pretty chuffed with it - here's the deck. Land not shown as I had to give basics back in, but it was 5 Islands, 5 Swamps, 2 Mountain Bivouac, Opulent Place, 2 Jungle Hollow, Rugged Highlands and Thronwood Falls. Just being able to play Yasova off the basics was a big deal.

Things I did learn

- In Sealed, if you get the right taplands, splashing is fairly easy
- Write into Being is an excellent common.
- Seems like a very tempo-ish format
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 18 Jan 2015, 15:44

Lost in the finals with my Abzan "Mardu" deck. Bounce kitty does work.

Also, some people at my local game store have started calling Grim Contest "Twerk Fight" or "Butt Battle".
SohNata

Postby SohNata » 18 Jan 2015, 16:05

If we're talking nicknames, having your Orc Sureshot killed and playing another/bringing it back is now known as 'The Sureshot Redemption'.
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 18 Jan 2015, 16:46

Sometimes the way I talk about a new format is vaguely impenetrable, because it takes me a while to remember the names of the cards and I start calling them by esoteric nicknames. I don't learn until I have to start writing deck lists.

Some catch on locally. Others do not.
Maddrius
First Video: Strip Search

Postby Maddrius » 18 Jan 2015, 18:27

I went Sultai, and wound up 1-3.

I got most of the cards I was hoping for, and pulled the vizier in my KTK pack. Unfortunately, I had a hole in my 3-4 drop spots, and got matched up against mostly aggro Mardu and Jeskai decks. (I lost all of my games to Goblin Heelcutter. All of them ...)

Overall, love the new format, and really looking forward to drafting this later.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 18 Jan 2015, 20:49

TL;DR version:

Went 2-1-2 at a midnight prerelease, giving up a game to someone 3-1 in order to try to get them in to prizes. It didn't work. My deck was a pretty strong Jeskai tempo deck. But it didn't have any hard removal (didn't pull a single good red damage spell) and only one or two real finishers.

Went 3-2 at a prerelease today. Had a pretty strong Sultai deck, but I was killed by Brutal Hordecheif. As in, it was solely responsible for winning the match for one person, and was the primary reason the other person won. They both got it down fairly early both games and I couldn't recover.

Overall, both were fun, but tempered in bad luck and frustration for various things. Removal seems more common in Fate Reforged. And your bombs are much more bomby. I'm looking forward to playing it as it should be played. Two Khans for every one Fate Reforged pack.

Long version:

Midnight release:

The midnight prerelease was pretty good for me. I opened up a promo Shu Yun, a Monastery Siege, and a Flooded Strand. The Strand was the last one I needed for my playset. So that was nice. I built a pretty strong Jeskai tempo deck, as I mentioned about. But I wasn't able to get any good finishers. It was annoying that I didn't get a single playable delve card in my colors given the Siege kept putting stuff in the bin. So I ended up going to time twice because I didn't get to my finisher fast enough.

The frustrating part is that both draws were games I was going to win. One was guaranteed, with me getting the win next turn and him having/drawing into nothing. The second was a bit more uncertain. But given we looked at our next couple of draws, I feel confident in saying I would have won within two more turns.

I didn't get anything good in my Ugin's Fate packs. One person pulled the promo Ugin. I really want said promo. It kind of bothered me the person who pulled it dropped after the first round. Thankfully, I feel a lot better about it given the person is apparently going to hold onto it and not flip it for a profit. I'm not sure I could resist that temptation... well, I likely would, but it would be hard with them going for $120ish right now.

I ended up trading a foil Pherika for 6 of a friend's prize packs. I honestly didn't want to do it and knew it was a bad idea. But I knew they wanted the Pherika to use. And I felt bad just holding onto it for personal gain. I'd rather someone who's going to use it have it. And he didn't have anything I wanted which he was willing to part with either. So I figured this would at least be a way to do it. I ended up pulling nothing but bulk out of the 6 packs. Most expensive card was $1.15. It was super disappointing.

Overall, it was a fun night. I feel I did the best I could with my pool. I should have been more aggressive though. But it happens.

Sunday afternoon prerelease:

So, as a bit of backstory, I didn't get any sleep last night. Turns out, being up until 7+ in the morning makes it hard to get on a good sleep schedule. So I ended up only getting 2 and a half hours of sleep. I got up, went to breakfast with family, and picked up some people from my LGS to head to another city for prerelease (local was only doing 2HG which I don't like as I'm a bad teammate). In the end, it was about an hour and a half of driving for me, not including finding houses and picking people up. My music also didn't work, of course, because that would have brought me joy.

So we get to this shop. They were almost out of kits. 4 Sultai left, and then they'd use prize support for extra 'kits' of Khans. They also had a 2HG after. Which they ended up having to go to Walmart to buy Khans packs for, funnily enough. I ended up choosing Sultai since it meant a guaranteed bomb. I pulled nothing of value though.

So, to the gameplay stuff.

I ended up with a pretty strong Sultai deck with a splash of white. The white was for High Sentinels and the Valorous trick (indestructible or kill a toughness 4+ creature). I got the 5/4 demon that makes them sac down to 2 each end step, the black siege, Whisperwood Elemental, and a couple other good things. No real hard kill again though, which was frustrating.

Two of the wins were close. One wasn't. But, in the end, I feel I did pretty good. Turns out a turn 4-5 black Siege is hard to beat. Though everyone I played seemed to get really good removal... which baffles me. I just didn't see any, I guess, besides the Valorous Stance.

The two losses were both because of the same card. I now legitimately hate Brutal Hordechief. Both opponents I lost to had one. Both opponents I lost to got it down pretty early both games I played with them. Even when I got my siege, I couldn't stop it. It just controls combat and drains you. I could handle every other card but that one.

The first match I played against was against someone with the black AND white sieges AND the Hordechief. The first game I think I wouldn't have won without it. But the second game, he got it down early and I couldn't answer it. I didn't draw into any of my fight spells or damage spells. And it wasn't long before he literally just controlled combat to kill any creature I played while still draining/killing me.

The second was similar. He dropped it a little later in the game (about halfway through). And I just couldn't recover. Second match he got it down turn four and I couldn't do anything. He never controlled combat. But he always had a trick in hand to keep his Chief alive. The second game my big comeback was going to be Channel Harm to turn all the damage back on the Chief. But he had Feat of Resistance. That was game as he hit my for 13.

So yea, I found playing against that card to be incredibly frustrating. I don't like creatures that can single-handedly win a game, even when you're very behind, if you're opponent can't answer it right away. It's one of the reasons I dislike Ankle Shanker. But somehow this guy felt even worse to me. Having all your loses come from one card... feels batman.

And now more non-game related stuff!

So we get done, and find out they didn't have enough prize support to give us our two packs each (three packs in one person's case). I expected it, of course. But I didn't expect them being out of Khans packs too. Though given the prerelease was $20, it basically meant I would get $6 back no matter what if I wanted. They did, however, have two FRF packs leftover. But one of the guys I went with really wanted them. So I decided to be good guy Kapol and let him have it.

In those two packs were a R/G dragon, a foil B/R dragon, and a Soulfire Grand Master. I did and still am kind of torn on how I feel about that. On the one hand, I'm glad he got good stuff. On the other, I feel bad that I could have gotten those two packs had I not let him get them. In the end, I picked up a couple M15 due to that being the most recent set with anything decent. My pulls? Goblin Kaboomist and Phytotitan. Bleh. Not even a Stoke The Flames to help me out.

The rest of my group just used the $3 store credit per pack to get some stuff. I feel bad I didn't give it to one of the other guys in order to get a card he wanted though. Especially since he was then nice enough to buy me an iced coffee from Burger King. :( I actually do feel like a jerk for not letting him have it and just finding trades for it.

So, all in all, it was a long day with a lot of rage towards one card. Things just seem kind of jumbled around. And a lack of sleep made me loopy. But don't get me wrong. Despite all of my complaining, I had fun. Even if it brought some anger as well. All in all, it just ended up being a very long day.
Booster
First Video: Checkpoint- Episode 1

Postby Booster » 18 Jan 2015, 21:10

Went to 3, Mardu at the first, lost 2 then won 2, cant complain
Abzan at the second, went 4-0, I loved my deck, so much fun
Temur at the third, won 2 than lost 2, that deck was also super sweet, should have done better but had some really bad draws in round 3, but that's magic for you.
Screwattack94
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby Screwattack94 » 18 Jan 2015, 23:20

Picked Abzan, got the most expensive pool ever :D
Promo was Warden of the First Tree, got a regular aswell.
Foil Brutal Hordechief, Foil Soulflayer and Bloodstained mire.
Uncommens and commens whrer mostly ok.
Went 3-3, lost to manascrew and Mardu (Too fast for me)
DelphiSantano
First Video: Unskippable - Dead Rising

Postby DelphiSantano » 19 Jan 2015, 00:38

Went 5-0 in prerelease 1 after choosing Sultai and getting a frankly quite amazing pool, with Silumgar, Archfiend of Depravity, Soulflayer, Monastery Siege and Rakshasa Deathdealer. The deck just kind of built itself.
Also, Jeskai Sage and Gurmag Angler are limited bombs!

Not so good in prerelease 2, choosing Mardu and building a Jund deck before cutting the black and going Gruul after round 1, going 2-3 overall.
Yasova and especially Shaman of the Great Hunt were the stars whenever they appeared.
"Do hydras lay eggs or bear live young?"

DCI Judge Level 2
MowDownJoe
First Video: Joystique

Postby MowDownJoe » 19 Jan 2015, 07:28

I swear, the past weekend was such a whirlwind. I'm amazed that I did as well as I did at my one pre-release for the weekend. Choose Mardu, and was presented with a bit of a quandry. There was a Mardu deck that built itself with a ton of removal, good fixing, and a lot of great token synergies. But there was also a Selesnya deck that was quite bomby (assuming I made the 2-card black splash). I went with the Selesnya deck, and was not disappointed. I took the deck 4-0-1 before the cut to Top 4, won my semi-finals match, and split in the finals. Drew Dromoka in a surprising amount of games, and she just wrecked house if not answered. On the flip side, seeing a Soulfire Grand Master under a Cloudform buying back Act of Treason is really quite crushing.

A HUEG photo of my deck - Click to Expand
Sorry for potato quality.
Victim of a Platinum Angel/Phage combo in Momir. Thanks, LRR!
RadioshackRaider

Postby RadioshackRaider » 19 Jan 2015, 07:37

So here are the decks I played for each pre-release
Friday: Abzan
Dromoka, the Eternal
Wildcall
Elite Scaleguard
Disowned Ancestor
Bellowing Sanddlebrute
Dragon Bell Monk
Ainok Guide
Hunt the Weak
Armament Corps
Valorous Stance
Battle Brawler
Lotus-Eye Mystics
Alabaster Kirin
Savage Punch
Temur Charger
Abzan Guide
Typhoid Rats
Frountier Mastodon
Whisperer of the Wilds
Abzan Beastmaster
Dragonscale Boon
Grim Contest x2
Windswept Heath
Blossoming Sands
Sabdsteppe Citadel
Scoured Barrens x2
Forest x6
Plains x3
Swamp x3

I came 6th out of 11. Dromoka was my promo and the rest of my rares aeren't good enough, Including a Soulfire Grand Master and Mob Rule

Saturday: Jeskai
Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
Outpost Siege
Flamewake Phoenix (Foil)
Kill Shot
Wandering Champion
Efreet Weaponmaster
Mardu Scout
Mistfire Adept
Abzan Skycaptain
Highspire Mantis
Warden of the Eye
Alabaster Kirin
Lightning Shrieker
Cunning Strike
Seeker of the Way
Temur Battle Rage
Jeskai Charm
Dragon Bell Monk x2
Sandsteppe Outcast x2
Shockmaw Dragon x2
Island (Foil)
Wind-Scarred Crag
Tranquil Cove
Mystic Monastery
Plains x5
Island x1
Mountain x7

Came 5th out 12, so not awful. Never got to cast Ugin as I either won or lost before he came up or I had enough mana or both. Outpost Siege is pretty damn good. I was generally just hitting a land drop or casting what I got with ease. And also, it was one of 7 Ugin in the 3 days of pre-releases my locals done. 3 of them were Ugin's Fate alt-art ones.

Sunday: Mardu
Mardu Strike Leader
Tasigur, Golden Fang
Yasova Dragonclaw
Wildcall
Temur Battle Rage
Bitter Revelation
Alesha's Vanguard
Merciless Executioner
Bloodfire Enforcers
Lightning Shrieker
Typhoid Rats
Mardu Scout
Reach of Shadows
Douse in Gloom
Arrow Storm
Hungering Yeti
Temur Sabertooth
Summit Prowler
Arc Lightning
Hunt the Weak x2
Hooded Assassin x2
Bloodstained Mire
Bloodfire Caves
Rugged Highlands
Jungle Hollow
Ooops I forgot the basics, but it was probably bad

I came 6th.. out of 6. It's probably punishment for change at the last minute because I wanted a Mardu badge to replace the one I lost from the Khans pre-release. Over the whole weekend though, I'm pretty happy. I got all the legends, traded for a bunch of stuff for my Krenko EDH deck, among other things. And I got to play mire magic than normal. Midnight pre-releases are fun, but I think I shouldn't attempt the Saturday afternoon/ morning if I do another.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 19 Jan 2015, 08:00

First, If you got a Alt art Ugin promo, SELL IT NOW!

Prices have dropped from over 100 to about 70 and are continuing to fall. Wizards either intentionally or unintentionally sent out WAY more than people expected. 1 in 40 Ugin packs had a ugin. Every store got at least one, the blue Ugin boxes had "refill packs" with 40 packs in them Each of those refill packs had at least one ugin in it. The Alternate Art "special ugin" is considerably more common than the "normal" ugin.

I did a total of three prereleases

First event I picked Mardue, it was very loud and crowded and we had to register our pool as there had been rampant cheating at previous prereleases with people bringing in outside card and they figured this would help cut down on it. I burned about 40 minutes of my deck construction time registering because I couldnt focus it was so loud and so many conversations. I started in Mardu (got run over), Match two I sided into Jeski splash black (got beat), Match three I was in Sulti and ran over my opponent, round four I ran over my opponent again but gave him the win and dropped I was very upset that given time to actually evaluate my pool I built a strong deck.

Second event I went Abzan and pulled a INSANE warriors deck, my only non-warrior creature was Vigilance Kirin. My stacked pack contained Warden of the first tree promo, Butt Chief, and Wolly Lox, my Kahns pack contained Sword Chief, trample outlast lord and Horde Chief, I went 4-0 then drew into finals and ran over my opponent in three strait games.

Best Moment: Leaving

Third event was at the first store again, explained my difficulty registering to the store owner, he asked everyone if it was ok if I popped my box early and started registering everyone said yes, a couple people even offered to either mark or crack and sort for me. I declined, It only took me about 25 minutes this time but there were other people who still finished before me.

Best Moment: 1-1 go to turns round three 1 life left, opponent has 4 life im dead on the crack back as he has 3 flyers and I have one. Im turn 4 top deck feat of resistance, target my 1/1 spirit pro white, he only had white flyers. Swing out opponent blocks everything with one creature Trample lord with 1 2-1 creature (it had 2 counters on it) Spirit unblocked. he says "ok damage step then I swing back for lethal on turn 5" I say "ummm sorry you are dead there is no turn 5" He looks he says "no I take two from the spirit its not a warrior or anything. I tap on the lord "yeah I know hes a warrior so he get the chief bump but I blocked him. I tap on the lord again. He picks it up and says "oh I hate you, you are the worst person ever, I cant stand you, how dare you give me the opportunity to make my own mistake and let you have the win, its not fair that you let me beat myself!" then he gave me hug.

Took Juski, went Juski WRECKED. Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest with as many cantrip type spells as you can run is amazing, Also Lotus Path Djinn, Dragon Bell Monk, Seeker of the way and Mistfire adept.

My Best moment (of the weekend)was: I attack with 7 mana up, Shu Yun, MistFire Adept, Seeker of the way with Jeskai Runemark on it. Cast Defiant strike on seeker: Mistfire target Shu Yun, Shu Yun target Seeker 2 mana, Attack, cast War Flare Mistfire target itself.

Opponent: "I think im dead, I dont want to do all that math, just tell me the truth give it to me strait, am I dead man, someone tell me, Am I dead, is this heaven? Im disappointed"

Guy watching: "If Im doing this math right, you have no flying blockers, so you take 32 he gains 18, is 32 dead, cause it seems like 23 would be dead, I dont know how much life gain you have in your Temur deck, but Im thinking 23 is dead, like super dead.

Judge who was walking past "D-E-D, DEAD! Its all there is cardboard and ink YOU LOSE Good Day sir!"

Opponent:"But I dont wanna die"

(total card value off StarCity over $300)
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”