New Quest Available!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Re: New Quest Available!

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 26 Jan 2015, 10:18

Here's mine. I call it "The War in the Kitchen"

It symbolises how when we cook, we are in fact going to war, but not in the war for oil (olive oil maybe *Artsy Laugh*), but rather a war to cook something to sate our hunger. But it is an never ending war, a war that is always fought, a war with no end, but a war that shows people's brilliance in the art of cooking. For it is within cooking that is reflected the soul of mankind, and our collective brilliance. To be human is too cook, and to cook, is to be alive!

Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 26 Jan 2015, 15:16

Today we had a breakfast Casserole, it contained a little bit of browned breakfast sausage, eggs, and tomatoes and was topped with tatertots. It wasnt the most inspired meal but it was new and my wife made it for me which made me a little happy.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 26 Jan 2015, 16:03

Lord Hosk wrote:Today we had a breakfast Casserole, it contained a little bit of browned breakfast sausage, eggs, and tomatoes and was topped with tatertots. It wasnt the most inspired meal but it was new and my wife made it for me which made me a little happy.

....That sounds like it would be fuggin delicious.

This week's quest! http://imgur.com/5Xn1trN

I call this piece "Eat Me, Drink Me". It is a representation of addiction as seen through the lens of an aspiring caffeine addict. The cups on the bottom are a representation of life itself, moving from clear beginnings to a dark end. The tea flavours on top of the cups represent the fact that as we move through life we are truly only aware of the beginnings and the ends of things, and don't pay nearly enough attention to the muddy middle. The brown cup, I believe speaks for itself, but truly represents all that is corporate greed in modern day Canada.
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 26 Jan 2015, 19:40

"Its cold outside, the hotelroom is lonely"

btw, when did I complete 3 quests? I can't remember.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 26 Jan 2015, 20:04

No, quest #3. I left off the # for brevity's sake.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

betsytheripper
First Video: Scientist's Rebuttal to ICP

Postby betsytheripper » 26 Jan 2015, 22:25

Quest #4:

Arbitrary Balancing Contest Derived Ephemerally From Grand Horticulture, Intense Jubilations, Knowledge Lackadaisical, Mattering Not Over Precipitous Quarrels, Raging Silences, Terrifying Ungulates, Victoriously Weaning Xanthophobic Yucca Zealots
or
The Alphabet

The empty pint of Ben & Jerry's is a metaphor for the emptiness in our soul, where we crave to be the core in an important relationship, where all else revolves around us. The Steel Manual represents our oppression by the laws and rules of man, and our slavery to his creations, bound in his law. The cat food tin conveys our need to nourish ourselves and gather nutrients for hibernation. The Scrabble set is analogous to the games we play with words to soothe ourselves and inflame others. The multisided dice set is a clear visual representation of being trapped inside our invisible walls. The garbage bags are the essence of hoarding, collecting our emotional waste to later burn it for warmth. The novel Good Omens is the bookshelf of our lives, where we store our long forgotten memories, pictures, and lost money. Butter, the furry plush tooth, represents the deep flossing we all need, orally, mentally, and emotionally. Percy, the cat, is what we all truly want in life: fur, whiskers, and laser eyes. Note that Percy, our dreams and aspirations, is completely outside of the tower of life, in truth, displaying our deep remorse for ever finding the true happiness of laser eyes.

(I couldn't even pretend to be serious towards the end. I was just writing and I'm enjoying how silly it ended up. This was more fun than it should have been.)
-betsy
Evil Smurf
First Video: I can't remember, it was on the escapist

Postby Evil Smurf » 26 Jan 2015, 22:35

That photo is my waifu
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 27 Jan 2015, 00:04

Bravo, Betsy!
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Postby I X » 28 Jan 2015, 06:56

So this is called 'Betrayals Inherent in the Justice System' and you can clearly see how the black pen on the right has been awarded a white cap for helping the bourgeoisie steel pen take down their peer on the left (in the cage). The aggressive pointing of the clip's arms towards the pen further emphasises the oppression here. If you look closely you can also see an undercurrent of capitalism.
Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 31 Jan 2015, 14:47

Its called "Baby dont kill yourself" its a exploration of the duel nature of the modern parent. on the one side you want to throw them threw a wall because they keep pulling trash out of the garbage can and dragging it across the house so you find rotting food bits behind the couch. on the other hand them climbing up on the table and jumping off onto the tile floor is not something you want to have to explain to the grandparents or the police.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 31 Jan 2015, 15:52

The Line to Climb Cool Mountain
This creation in an embodiment of how humanity is driven, as a direct result of our overwhelmingly established culture, to strive for what is seen as cool, to top the achievements of all others, and to rise above. And yet, despite this drive, we, like the humble flashlight, stand in the back of the line and wait our turn, suffering in the ugly carpet that is mediocrity, waiting for our time to climb Cool Mountain. But this is a sculpture, not a piece of moving art — for by accepting such a place without question, do we not condemn ourselves to be as stationary as a statue, whether we are at the back of the line, or halfway up Cool Mountain, or perhaps some of us are the mountain ourselves. When we look into those cool, cool shades, do we not all see ourselves looking back?
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 31 Jan 2015, 20:20

I may have to ask for a delay on this quest- holiday internet makes it difficult to upload photos
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
fantôme
First Video: mtgo drafts

Postby fantôme » 01 Feb 2015, 03:16

Self-Portrait in Stuff.

This modern age in which the innovation of convenience has allowed the first world to fall into the decadence of what we consider materially important - it is easy to feel disgust at consumerism and loss of priority. As it turns out, everything balances into one small tower - but if just one thing is removed, everything else comes crashing down.

http://m.imgur.com/gu5Y4UR
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 01 Feb 2015, 22:44

I call this one Draconius Rex

It's about how dragons are pretty bitchin'.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

KidSpanner
First Video: Installation Anxiety (2010)

Postby KidSpanner » 02 Feb 2015, 02:58

So I call this "The Ruins atop the Mountain beneath the Sea"

AKA "It's really hard to build a house of mtg cards when they start at near eye level"

AKA "Bananas for scale"

AKA "Of course you lost Timmy, your deck was nothing but Islands and card draw spells. I don't even know how you made it to the finals"

The sideboard kept the chair balanced.
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 02 Feb 2015, 09:29

Reminder: You've got half an hour to get those quests in! If you've completed every quest up to this point, you will have gained 1000 XP, and can spend it on a prize, or reserve it in case you think you will have to renew a quest later on.

My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 02 Feb 2015, 09:51

Snuck in just in time (linked for ease of viewing)...

This is my reimagining of Maslow's hierarchy of Needs as reinterpreted for western 21st century living. The bed is representative of the base level of comfort with which we all take for granted, whilst the laptop represents the connection with the rest of the world (via the internet) and unimaginably powerful technology that is similarly becoming an entirely accepted part of our culture, to the point whereby living without it is a major frustration. The suitcase is representative of the desire to travel and experience the world, achievable once we are well off enough to enjoy the aforementioned creature comforts of our lives, and beyond that we have the need for intellectual stimulation, as represented by the Banks novel. The Kindle at the summit, however, is my own tweak on Maslow's initial idea, representing how this indulgence in intellectual stimulation is beginning to loop back and become an almost necessary part of our existing digital world, this technology we take for granted, turning Maslow's hierarchy into something more like the circle of capitalist living.

Probably.
Last edited by My pseudonym is Ix on 02 Feb 2015, 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 02 Feb 2015, 10:02

QUEST #4 IS NOW CLOSED

Quest #5

Clean a room thoroughly! I know, it's not fun, but it's a good thing to do, and very satisfying when it's finished. I'm providing everyone with two weeks to complete this quest, though! That way, you can do it in stages, AND if you need the XP from this quest to renew an older one, you can turn this quest in (if you're satisfied with your progress) after one week, and use the second week to complete the old quest.

I will need you to take a picture of the room or area today, or as near to the start as possible, and then at least once during the middle, and once at the end.

I'm kind of shooting myself in the foot with this one because I already cleaned a bunch on Saturday, so it won't look as impressive as it might have, but there's still a fair bit for me to tidy.

Quest starts at 10 AM Pacific Time on Monday, Feb 2, 2015, and ends at 9:59 AM Pacific Time on Monday, Feb 16, 2015.

Good Luck!

Valkyrie-Lemons

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 02 Feb 2015, 10:28

Oh what? Seriously?

I might need 3 weeks for this quest...scratch that, maybe 3 months!

ImageImage
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 02 Feb 2015, 10:46

Are you kidding? that looks like you need to make the bed and fold some blankets. Thats an hour clean up tops.

[–]Graham_LRR
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 02 Feb 2015, 11:18

Bonus points if you show yourselves cleaning in your maid outfits. I need some napalm to tidy this mess up.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 02 Feb 2015, 12:49

Wow. That's a tough one...
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
Valkyrie-Lemons

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 02 Feb 2015, 12:53

Lord Hosk wrote:Are you kidding? that looks like you need to make the bed and fold some blankets. Thats an hour clean up tops.

You can't see it, but in front of the sofa and the wall I was standing by are a complete mess.

Like nearly all my Playstation games and a huge pile of books that need sorting.

Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 02 Feb 2015, 23:31

Im a little disappointed that we just spent three days cleaning the play room. Its going to take two or maybe three days for them to pull all the toys back out and start complaining that there is no room to play.

[–]Graham_LRR
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 03 Feb 2015, 23:41

I'm actually going to be cleaning three separate areas of three separate rooms, but I feel that it adds up to more than enough of a whole. The desk and side table are mostly my fault, and I'm the only person who consistently cleans up the kitchen anyways, so.

Return to “General Discussion”