Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Re: Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

Postby Elomin Sha » 04 Feb 2015, 13:36

Rusev's claim would have been if not for the Rock interfering (assuming that Big Show and Kane elimnated Reigns) he would have been the last man standing and the winner of the Rumble.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 04 Feb 2015, 14:58

I feel like that's about as good a claim as Curtis Axel's.

While we're here, anyone else listen to Smart Wrestling Fan?
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 04 Feb 2015, 15:00

No. I listen to Don Tony and Kevin Castle and sometimes Wrestling Soup and Solomonster (when I remember it exists). I think there's a 'rule' that if an entrant doesn't make it in to the ring by the next entrant they are disqualified.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 04 Feb 2015, 15:14

Oh yeah, I know, but saying "If the Rock hadn't interfered" is like saying "If Curtis Axel hadn't been jumped". Ifs don't make a good claim.

You might also say "If the Rock hadn't interfered, AND Kane and Big Show didn't come back after being eliminated". There is plenty of precedent for outside interference, or eliminated participants in the rumble.

And out of kayfabe, he's already been set up with Cena, he's got the US title, and putting Rusev in the middle of Reigns/Rollings/Lesner/Bryan means you have to find some convoluted way for Rusev to not be pinned/submitted, to keep his undefeated(ish) streak alive, or break it, and lose that piece of his character.

</SmarkRant>
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 04 Feb 2015, 16:05

I wouldn't want to see the mess they would create trying to get Rusev not to be pinned.
hascow
First Video: Clubbing Your Friends

Postby hascow » 04 Feb 2015, 20:25

I actually am warming to Roman Reigns a bit with him talking less and just being there and being intimidating. He needs to keep that up. Along with his interference in the main event and his comments to Bryan in the backstage segment, he's not looking to be full-on face anymore.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 05 Feb 2015, 05:54

Reigns has the looks and the charisma but he can't cut a promo. He doesn't need a catchphrase either. Believe in the Shield was good enough. He was a lot better as a man of few words. He was more intimidating.
Nirvana
First Video: Unskippable 01 - Lost Planet

Postby Nirvana » 05 Feb 2015, 09:36

Reigns in my opinion just isn't ready. I recorded a podcast once where we suggested his injury may have been a blessing in disguise, and that having him come back and go after Rusev + the United States Championship was the way to go. It would allow Reigns to still look strong, as Rusev is undefeated, and I would then have Reigns win so that he can develop more in the mid-card (which he really needs). Reigns gets the bump for pinning Rusev for the first time, while Rusev can still look strong coming out of it.

The issue with the Rumble is that there were 3 perfectly valid faces that could have won and the crowd accepted; Ambrose, Ziggler and Bryan. And now they have Reigns going up against Bryan at Fast Lane, and if WWE thinks having Reigns go over Bryan is going to HELP him as a face, they have another thing coming.
Check out my weekly WWE RAW reviews at http://www.RingsideAcademy.com
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 05 Feb 2015, 09:53

Ambrose, as good as he is, isn't ready either. If one should do would be Ziggler because of the run he had up to and after Survivor Series. With the 'firing' and losing the title his push has dropped. One of the reasons speculated is due to Ziggler's concussion from two years ago and they don't want risk it.

Realistically on paper the best card would be Bryan vs Lesnar because it fits the underdog character of Bryan but with his neck that's another risk. We'll see what happens at Fast Lane (terrible PPV name) and see f they throw a curve ball.
Nirvana
First Video: Unskippable 01 - Lost Planet

Postby Nirvana » 05 Feb 2015, 10:10

I'm not necessarily saying Ambrose is ready to main-event Mania, though there may be an argument there. I was just saying that there are multiple other faces they could have gone with that were likely more ready than Reigns is now.

The only possible benefit out of all of this is the rumors of a Bryan/Ziggler match at Mania, which could absolutely tear the house down.
Check out my weekly WWE RAW reviews at http://www.RingsideAcademy.com
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 05 Feb 2015, 10:22

Oh they would.

With the faces there I jumped to the next point who would be suitable.
CrazyMax46
First Video: It was the first Unskipable.

Postby CrazyMax46 » 08 Feb 2015, 03:27

Nirvana wrote:I'm not necessarily saying Ambrose is ready to main-event Mania, though there may be an argument there. I was just saying that there are multiple other faces they could have gone with that were likely more ready than Reigns is now.

The only possible benefit out of all of this is the rumors of a Bryan/Ziggler match at Mania, which could absolutely tear the house down.

Personally Bryan main eventing Mania again I think creates more long term business than a one off match with Ziggler.

Either could happen. Or neither. WWE changes it's mind on a regular basis so whatevs.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 08 Feb 2015, 04:21

Except when it comes to the final matches of Raw and SmackDown. Face vs a combination of one/two/or all; Orton, Kane, Big Show and Rollins.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 10 Feb 2015, 06:45

Raw was a little meh today except for the possible turn. Programming could change slightly because of things happening outside of the ring.
Antitonic
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Antitonic » 10 Feb 2015, 08:44

Yeah... you could definitely say that... :P
hascow

Postby hascow » 10 Feb 2015, 08:49

Yeah, that mess outside the ring is awful for everyone involved.

As far as Raw went, I wasn't a huge fan apart from a couple matches and the Sting segment. Opening scene and main event were just miserable.
CrazyMax46
First Video: It was the first Unskipable.

Postby CrazyMax46 » 10 Feb 2015, 08:58

After catching up on Raw, anyone here thing there's a good chance the Fast Lane main event goes to a draw and we get a three way at mania?
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 10 Feb 2015, 09:29

The WWE will have to do something because [Spoiler] is prety big with a lot of time invested in them. If nothing happens they'll have people calling favourtism, especially when they fired Emma before rehiring her over the phone case incident but never with other wrestler's indiscretion.

There will be a public reprisal and possibly a Wrestler's Court one (maybe). For thse that don't know there is a clause that if a performer is caught having taken photos before or after hiring they can be fired. The lower rung performer is going to get screwed more than the other.
craddz1967
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby craddz1967 » 12 Feb 2015, 08:54

Well NXT again made my sub to the network worthwhile :)
hascow

Postby hascow » 12 Feb 2015, 18:24

That was a great NXT special.

Women's 4-way was just outstanding. I still love Becky Lynch, even if she was clearly the weakest technically in there. Bayley's great, Sasha Banks is just the Seth Rollins of NXT, a perfect character that I have a ton of respect for how well it's done. Charlotte I was less impressed by.

Then the championship match: Holy crap, that completely perfect emotional juxtaposition. Owens so happy with the belt, holding it up in the air, kissing it, shouting with happiness. Sami Zayn lying there being treated by the medical staff. The stunned crowd. So many emotions that were layered perfectly.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 13 Feb 2015, 01:06

I agree on both. It was good to see a Women's match where things actually happened. I am not sold on Charlotte's character yet. Very good wrestler but I've seen clips where she says she is not her father and wants to be herself, but she shouts wooo, uses his moves and music.
Wolfwood723
First Video: Poker Before Dusk

Postby Wolfwood723 » 13 Feb 2015, 19:19

Don't know if anyone else on here follows Owens on Twitter so I'll put this up here.
https://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/status/565922006445469696

I like how he is not just an evil heel for heels sake but has a real motive.

Most of the matches continued to be amazing as NXT is known to do, save for the multiple botches by the Lucha Dragons. And now we have a Balor/Owens match to look forward to which is sure to tear the house down.
ObiWan Canadian on twitch and XBL
hascow

Postby hascow » 14 Feb 2015, 10:54

I mean, it is still developmental. I think I heard that this was the first PPV-style live event for everyone in the tag match? Which would certainly explain a few nerves.
Wolfwood723
First Video: Poker Before Dusk

Postby Wolfwood723 » 14 Feb 2015, 11:18

The Lucha Dragons won the tiles at Takeover: Fatal 4 Way and defended them at R:Evolution, both were live 2 hour specials like this one. Most people in developmental have been performing for years in crowds small and large. One or two botches happens, especially with their style, but they had 5-6 very noticeable screw-ups.
ObiWan Canadian on twitch and XBL
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 14 Feb 2015, 11:20

Except for Sin Cara. He has been on the main roster for a couple years now (portrayed by Hunico after the original Sin Cara left).

Return to “General Discussion”