Crossing the Streams

Discuss your favourite LRR streams!
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Crossing the Streams

Postby Paul » 12 Jan 2015, 09:21

This is what happens when our hosts collide and play together. Sometimes it’s cooperative, like a Minecraft map. Sometimes it’s competitive, like Mario Kart. Sometimes it’s Hatoful Boyfriend. Who knows what could happen when we cross the streams?
Boofinka
First Video: Paper Boy

Re: Crossing the Streams

Postby Boofinka » 22 Jan 2015, 06:32

Is this a place where one can suggest games for CTS? If so, I'd like to nominate Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 22 Jan 2015, 10:34

I just got around recently to watching the Mario Bros/Kart and the Super Hostile Minecraft streams. I liked them and would like more of those, please. :)

Also, since CtS is going to be a more regular thing, I did get Alex and the rest of you guys Starwhal to be played on CtS, so getting that to happen would be cool. :) If Matt is in-town during a CtS, that might be a good time, as he's played it before on StreamBros, so he has a bit of experience and can possibly teach the rest of you. :)
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

vgmaster831
First Video: Imagine If You Will

Postby vgmaster831 » 30 Jan 2015, 09:17

Has another stream of Hatoful Boyfriend come out, or are we still waiting for them to continue?
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 31 Jan 2015, 15:10

AdmiralMemo wrote:I just got around recently to watching the Mario Bros/Kart and the Super Hostile Minecraft streams. I liked them and would like more of those, please. :)

Super Mario Time CtS is still likely my favorite of all of them. I'd love to see something similar happen again. Maybe with Super Mario 3D World, as that game is miles better than New Super Mario Bros U in my opinion.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 31 Jan 2015, 21:54

Oh.

My.

God.

That game seems worse than Mario Kart.

It's GLORIOUS! :lol:
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 01 Feb 2015, 04:57

Just watched the replay. I might have to get that for my Wii. RPG party game in which I can test all my friendships. Sign me up!
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Booster
First Video: Checkpoint- Episode 1

Postby Booster » 02 Feb 2015, 06:20

Watched the replay for Dokapon Kingdom last night, and laughed so hard I cried, great job!
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 02 Feb 2015, 15:59

What did Cameron do to wrong Dokopon Kingdom, I wonder? Did he murder a young JRPG? Make fun of their goofy haircuts? I'm not sure, but that game just did not like him.
Trippzen
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Trippzen » 16 Feb 2015, 12:34

I was watching the replay of the latest CtS (Sonic & All-Stars Racing) and couldn't help but stare at the hole in Paul's chest created from his DB8 shirt.
Trippzen or Scy
Battle.net: Scy#1617
WoW: Scy (US-Proudmoore)
Mercano
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby Mercano » 16 Feb 2015, 23:08

A suggestion: If people made a habit of sitting in player, so player one was sitting on the far left of the screen (your right) and player four was on the far right, it'd be much easier for viewers joining the stream late to figure out who is playing as who.
Bernard
First Video: DBFH2

Postby Bernard » 26 Feb 2015, 09:57

I would like to see #IDARB. I've seen 6-8 player games with no audience interaction, and 2 player games with chat hashbombing (including Matt and Andrew), but I've never seen an 8 player game on Twitch. Even 4 players, if that's what you're set up for, would be an appropriate level of insanity for CtS.
Loonatic1993
First Video: "Black Metal and Nudity"

Postby Loonatic1993 » 16 Mar 2015, 02:10

There's a new Neputunia game coming out!!!! This time there will be ZOMBIES!!!!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-15/new-neptunia-game-features-zombies-neptune-blanc/.85985

Given how awesome this was at the last "Crossing the Streams," maybe you guys should play this when it comes out.
GDwarf
First Video: Unskippable

Postby GDwarf » 16 Mar 2015, 06:13

Loonatic1993 wrote:There's a new Neputunia game coming out!!!! This time there will be ZOMBIES!!!!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-15/new-neptunia-game-features-zombies-neptune-blanc/.85985

Given how awesome this was at the last "Crossing the Streams," maybe you guys should play this when it comes out.

Eh, given that, so far as I can tell, the Neptunia games are all very similar, I suspect it'd end up as more of the same, really.

Edit: Oh, wait, the one announced there is a remake of the one they played on stream, so it really would be the same.
May those who accept their fate find happiness; Those who defy it, glory!
rhiannonE
First Video: I can't remember, something funny I bet

Postby rhiannonE » 08 Apr 2015, 10:21

I just have had a brainwave, what about Magicka or the upcoming Magicka 2. It's co-op, it has friendly fire and the spells interactions can be hillarious.
Booster
First Video: Checkpoint- Episode 1

Postby Booster » 11 Apr 2015, 20:19

Todays crossing the streams was incredible. I don't think anything will ever be as funny as Graham's reaction to Waluigi deliberately rolling that useless 4
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 12 Apr 2015, 07:40

A thought was floated about that - perhaps the computer is programmed to 'take a dive' if all the all the players have been knocked out...to avoid the 'gee, now I've got to rescue you losers from yourselves' aspect? Or how just sitting back and watch the game play against itself isn't as much fun (especially for children?) and instead just clewing things up and going back to the start menu is better than playing out the string?

...or maybe the game 'ai' just isn't terribly good? :D

But my experience from watching different people take the Bowser role is - Kathleen is a fantastic camp villain, while Graham is far more menacing in his drive and purpose (Kathleen talks it up in a way that is SO entertaining, while Graham just comes after you)
PMAvers
First Video: DB4

Postby PMAvers » 12 Apr 2015, 08:22

On a related note, as I understand it the Amiibo boards in MP10 are more classic-style Spite Party modes, with a more traditional board without the vehicle. Not sure what other mechanics changes it has, though, due to a lack of friends to play it with.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 12 Apr 2015, 23:09

From what I've seen, the Amiibo boards are pretty dull. Just one square walk around area with a bunch of static spaces and a 'background' based on the amiibo.

Also, Kathleen was my favorite Bowser. She seemed to have the most fun with being the villain. Graham had a quiet menace to him that worked well (even if he got a TPK based on Team Mario not seeing the controls). Also, I feel like Ian lost due to the master AI. Not because it was really good. But I feel like it might have influenced the rolls being so good for them. Because they had a lot of really good rolls that game. Though it was hilarious when they got sent back five spaces into Ianser.

Overall, the Bowser mode seemed pretty fun, if not very much like a Mario Party game. I'd like to see that as a five-player game at some point. Maybe whenever we get to an 8-man Smash Bros CtS. :P But seeing an actual Mario Party would be fun. Someone mentioned that some of the first Mario Party games are available on the Wii eShop. But you'd need Gamecube or classic controllers to play it. I think it'd be fun to see something like Mario Party 7 or similar. Before they decided to do the weird shared cart thing.

Edit: As another eventual stream suggestion, the DLC for Mario Kart 8 is really good. For $12 (the price for both packs bundled), you get 16 tracks, 8 vehicles, and 6 characters (cat Peach + Mario, Link, Boney Bowser, Villager, and Isabelle). The first DLC pack is already out and is very solid. It has a LoZ stage where the coins are rupees, and a F-Zero stage among the numbers. The second DLC pack comes out in a couple weeks and looks promising.
MagisterMystax
First Video: The Innistrad hat draft on MTGO academy

Postby MagisterMystax » 13 Apr 2015, 02:05

So many good moments in yesterday's Crossing the Streams. Kathleen's drawings and songs, and Graham vs Waluigi stand out, though.

As for why Waluigi behaved like that, I suspect it's a combination of his fairly low difficulty setting and his AI being programmed to be extremely erratic in most party games. In Fortune Street, for example, you'll see Waluigi go for extremely random buy-outs that screw both himself and other people up all the time.
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 14 Apr 2015, 03:29

So... I rewatched the Hatoful Boyfriend stream again. It's made me realize that I really want them to play it again. Either the same three, or maybe a new group (Ian, Cori, and Heather maybe?) and one of the original three to help guide them a bit.

(Semi-spoilers about tone shift ahead) But I got curious about the doctor's ending. And once I was down the rabbit hole, I learned more than I wanted. I really think it should be revisited. Because the people who were talking about it becoming a Let's Nope were not joking. Especially if the Bad Boy Love section can be reached. It's too bad we didn't get to see the reaction of the silly game becoming... well, let's just say more than a bit spoopy.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 24 Apr 2015, 00:53

I have a question. When James moved on to modded Minecraft, did Fugi or him save the old server? I rewatched the first Minecraft CtS and wondered if JERF was still out there somewhere.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 24 Apr 2015, 08:51

It might be still available as a backup on the server? No one really knows.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Mercano
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby Mercano » 28 Apr 2015, 19:31

Monaco could be a really good Crossing the Streams game. It's sort of like Gauntlet, only instead of "Kill All the Mans" it's "Steal All the Things"; players' choice whether to go a stealth route or do a smash-and-grab (or a little of both).
MowDownJoe
First Video: Joystique

Postby MowDownJoe » 29 Apr 2015, 06:25

Co-op Monaco gets really chaotic real fast, though.
Victim of a Platinum Angel/Phage combo in Momir. Thanks, LRR!

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”