Loading Ready Sealed League

A place to talk about standard, casual, limited and everything in between.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Re: Loading Ready Sealed League

Postby Lord Hosk » 17 Feb 2015, 18:47

decklist isnt a issue as long as it comes from the pool you posted
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
abanytar
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby abanytar » 17 Feb 2015, 20:12

I couldn't get a queue to fire, so here are my individual packs.
MtGO username: venerable_bede

Fate Pack 1 - Click to Expand

Fate Pack 2 - Click to Expand

Fate Pack 3 - Click to Expand

Kahns Pack 1 - Click to Expand

Kahns Pack 2 - Click to Expand

Kahns Pack 3 - Click to Expand

Here's the full pool.

Sealed Pool - Click to Expand
leebenningfield
First Video: Rapidfire #1

Postby leebenningfield » 17 Feb 2015, 20:24

I'm in. Same name on MTGO.

ImageImage
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 17 Feb 2015, 21:49

Just to update you on what I have planned for now, let me know if anyone has a problem with this.

Week 1Feb 22nd-March 1st
Feb 22nd sometime after midnight EST I will post Pairings for first round.

It is the players responsibility to make the connection to play. Get in contact as EARLY as possible dont wait until Saturday to respond to your opponent and say "Im free for the next three hours you want to play?"

March 1st: All Pairings must post your results from round 1 in this thread before 11:59 PM EST on the first.

Week 2 March 1st-8th
March 1st: Sometime after Midnight 12:00AM EST I will post pairings for second round, these will not be influenced by round one results, I wont be pairing wins and losses (unless everyone gets done early)

It is the players responsibility to make the connection to play. Get in contact as EARLY as possible dont wait until Saturday to respond to your opponent and say "Im free for the next three hours you want to play?"

March 8th You will have until 11:59PM EST to post your Win/loss records in the forum.

Week 3 March 8th-15th
March 8th Sometime shortly after Midnight 12:00AM EST I will post Pairings for round three, this will be as best a match up of win/loss records as I can get but if In dont have the results early your pairings may be off.

Week four March 15th-22nd Same rules as week two
Week Five March 22nd-29th Same rules as week two
Week Six March 29th-April 5th Same rules as week two
Week Seven April 5th-12th Same rules as week two
Week Eight April 12th-19th Same rules as week two

Week 9 April 19th There will be no new pairings this week, this will be a rest week/crack additional packs. Results must be posted by 11:59 PM EST for week 8.

During week 9 I will post the results of Season one and we will assess how things went. All Scores will be reset to 0-0-0

During Week 9 New players may enter the league they will have to register a pool of 3-Kahns, 3-Fate, and then add the additional two packs for season two. They will submit TWO SEPARATE POSTS First the 3K 3F pool, Then the additional cards not just one pool with all 8 packs.

Every Sunday Pairings will be posted shortly after midnight 12:00 AM EST for the next week. You will still have all day Sunday to complete your match ups but results must be posted in this thread before 11:59 PM EST every Sunday.

If you cant play one week for whatever reason, its on you, this is a friendly competition im not going to pester you to play your games but on the flip side I will not allow replays because your internet went down, you went on vacation, or any other reason. The prizes are getting to play magic, the penalty is not getting to play magic.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 17 Feb 2015, 21:54

My current plan for the two packs to add in week nine were to allow people to choose anything in standard, which at that point will be Theros block, M15 and full Kahns block as Dragons of Tarkir is released online April 6th (during week seven)

This would allow people to potentially add in cards from any set they enjoyed, and keep costs low for people who dont want to spend a lot as you can pick up two theros packs for 3.5-4 tickets.

Alternatively we could say Your two packs have to be from Dragons of Tarkir as this is the new set.

I am open to any alternate ideas and really want to hear what you all think.

[–]Graham_LRR
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 17 Feb 2015, 22:23

I say anything in Standard should be free to add. Otherwise, I'm in favor of everything else. :)

However, that would bring up the question...

We're going to have 4 Seasons... 8 weeks a piece, with 3 buffer weeks...
This whole thing will end on September 6, 2015.
I think that runs into M16, but not the later sets.
Thus, when M16 enters, Theros and M15 are still Standard, right? They don't leave until the next expansion comes out, right? So I think the timeline sets up well, even allowing for Dragons and M16 to be added towards the end to spice things up. :)
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 17 Feb 2015, 23:19

Can you clarify for us what happens if someone can't make a week?

E.g. Person A tries to get in touch with Person B and gets no response.

Or Person A messages Person B and says "no, I don't have time this week".

Or Person A and B can't make their schedules work, or neither make an effort to get in touch, or both are on holiday, etc?

I'm sure you've said something to this effect in the past, and it says in the main rules that failure to post results is a draw, I just figured since you were posting "rules" this week it would be okay to seek formal clarification?
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 17 Feb 2015, 23:40

the second and third of those would be counted as a tie, but please report why, if its a legit reason no biggy it happens if you cant fit it in one week thats fine, if you and your opponent cant match up schedules, thas fine.

If you are just too busy or out of town, please try to let me know, that way I can pair people up based on that. Better to have 4 busy people get ties together because they are too busy rather than 4 people cant play because they are busy, and 4 people who want to play get paired with them and cant play.

In the final example though if Person A makes multiple attempts to contact Person B and get no response I will check into it, if Person B doesnt respond to me I will give person A a win and B a loss for that round.

If a person repeatedly says that they never have time I will discuss it with them but likely drop them between seasons, if someone just doesn't respond for over two weeks I will just drop them so more people dont miss out. That person can talk to me about reentering but its not fair to each weeks opponents to not get to play.

The goal of the league isnt to establish who is the "bestest" magic player around, its to have fun games in a semi-formal structure. Of course on the flip side its can be fun to be the best and doing your best is encouraged. So try hard, build your best deck and win those games.

If at any time someone wants to take a break thats fine I can drop you for the rest of a season because you get busy. Each season is going to last two months thats a long time, just let me know. If you have a big project or something coming up but want to keep playing let me know, you can drop out for a few weeks then reenter at the start of the next season. If you just dont make time to play though, you are actively taking fun away from other players by not letting them play and thats not fair.

[–]Graham_LRR
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 17 Feb 2015, 23:48

Also if people want to play their decks against other people in the league that they aren't paired up with, go for it. Setting it up this way is meant to give a little structure to facilitate play not to hamstring play. Dont feel like you have to reserve that deck only for three games a week, if you like the deck play around.

[–]Graham_LRR
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 18 Feb 2015, 01:30

I've already played with my deck a few times against some folks. :)
When the league starts, just make sure that, if you play extra games, you and your opponent clarify that "These games are specifically for the league" and "These games are for fun" to keep the standings clear. :)
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Gelgarin
First Video: What's LLR?

Postby Gelgarin » 18 Feb 2015, 01:45

I've built four different decklists out of my pool and am running them against one another thunderdome style. Unfortunately these decks include two colour combinations not supported by the format, WUBRG mediocrity and a deck that mainboards molting snakeskin.
Steelfraud
First Video: No Idea

Postby Steelfraud » 18 Feb 2015, 03:07

I'm also up for some training games if you see me online! Just hit me with a message and we can have a scrap.
Sandringham
First Video: Anette: Internet Receptionist

Postby Sandringham » 18 Feb 2015, 04:18

Here's my pool. Feel free to add me for practice games/Momir Phlottery :)

Duckay

Postby Duckay » 18 Feb 2015, 19:04

Here's my pool. Sorry it's a bit later than intended!

ETA: My MTGO name is Duckay also.
Last edited by Duckay on 18 Feb 2015, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
notomtolose

Postby notomtolose » 18 Feb 2015, 19:41

Is anybody compiling a list of everyone's MTGO names (and their other names)? This weekend sometime I was gonna run through the whole thread again and add everyone so I wouldn't have to do it later, but I realized someone is probably doing that already...

Anyone is similarly welcome to add me, of course. If nothing else, we all have a nice little sealed deck to practice with. :)
Maddrius
First Video: Strip Search

Postby Maddrius » 18 Feb 2015, 20:40

@NoTomToLose: Hosk has been updating the first post with a list of folks, with a map of their Forum and MTGO names.
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 18 Feb 2015, 23:22

Hmmm, looks like the Release sealed events are over, and the only other sealed events are 2xFRF 2xKTK, and phantoms ones. Guess I'll play the four booster, and open a couple more packs after.
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
ZePancakes
First Video: Bad News

Postby ZePancakes » 18 Feb 2015, 23:23

Korvys there is always sealed dailies. I am in the queue for the 7pm (6pm QLD time) one.

I'll be submitting that pool for this one.
Oh-h-h-h SNAP... Concede.

Duckay

Postby Duckay » 19 Feb 2015, 00:13

Yeah, I did a daily for it as well because I missed the boat on release queues.
korvys

Postby korvys » 19 Feb 2015, 04:00

Seems terrible, but we'll see:

keybase.io
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 19 Feb 2015, 05:25

I see a good deck there Korvys. BTW, what is your MTGO name?

[–]Graham_LRR
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 19 Feb 2015, 09:12

So my plan was that I would wait until full release and do a sealed event since then I could use my packs to play rather than pay 26 tickets saving myself like 8 or more tickets.

But they are all 4 pack or dailys now and the dailys dont match my time to play. :(

So I did a 4 pack sealed and cracked two packs, I was disapointed in my Khans pack, my fate will work nicely.

[–]Graham_LRR
korvys

Postby korvys » 19 Feb 2015, 14:31

Oh, my name is korvys as well.

I ended up 1-3, and the 1 was a no-show. Not super happy with the deck I built, but I think there might be another one in there. I'll have to work on it.

keybase.io
Sarah
First Video: Sound Wars

Postby Sarah » 19 Feb 2015, 17:55

Okay, I was thinking of opening another pool to see if I got anything exciting, but it turns out I'm still too cheap to do that. =P Plus this pool looks like I can play around with a number of different decks, so at least I'll get some variety out of it. So, here's my pool from the sealed we did last weekend:

blackwlf
First Video: Desert Bus

Postby blackwlf » 20 Feb 2015, 13:34

Sold some cards planning to do another sealed queue today, then noticed that the 3x3s are done. So I bought some boosters, and here is my pool.

MTGO name is the same, blackwlf

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”