New Quest Available!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
2stepz
First Video: .

Re: New Quest Available!

Postby 2stepz » 21 Feb 2015, 21:37

Months ago I took upon myself
A task of large weight and breadth
The Class of 2016 would be my charge
Along with the feeding of crowds
During a Season of Hoops
Proceeds from our sales do fund
Decorations and entertainment
For a Spring Fling Promenade
An event to remember in years to come
Well this task has lasted many months
And as of this last Friday, the worst has passed
Concessions are finished and turned over
I can breathe now, and turn my focus to the next task
... worrying about contract renewal.
Rikadyn
First Video: the pub

Postby Rikadyn » 22 Feb 2015, 00:29

First Blossoms
Blooming with the caress
of a spring wind
the heart knows no greater tragedy than a breath that begins in love and ends in grief...
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 23 Feb 2015, 09:04

Hey, everyone! You've got a little less than an hour left. You can do it!
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 23 Feb 2015, 09:26

Enigmatic thoughts
Standing in way of chasing
Tabula Rasa

(Yeah, I got nothing)
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 23 Feb 2015, 10:00

QUEST #6 IS NOW CLOSED

Quest #7

Pick someone else who has posted in this thread, and write a comprehensive compliment about them. Don't just say their username is neat, really find something meaningful to say. Learn something about them (but within reason, don't be creepy about this), and try to really make what you say count. This quest is worth 400 XP because I really think you guys can give this one your all.

ONE COMPLIMENT PER PERSON. If someone has been complimented, pick someone else! Don't everyone just write one for me. :P

Quest starts at 10 AM Pacific Time on Monday, Feb 23, 2015, and ends at 9:59 AM Pacific Time on Monday, Mar 2, 2015.

Good Luck!

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 23 Feb 2015, 10:33

Lord Hosk,

You sir, are one truly amazing motherfucker. From my understanding of what you have been through, to see you come out on the other side of it with a relatively positive outlook on life is amazing. The amount of market cornering you have done with Bump in the Nights is staggering to say the very least, and I will not forget your kindness in donating Bumps to those who were Bumpless at past PAXes. You are a caring individual with a great, albeit rather strange sense of humour, as evidenced by my handpainted Canadaman figurine. You are a person that many should strive to emulate, and though I may disagree with your opinions on some things, I can not argue that you are a positive addition to this, and any, community.

P.S: The little Lady Hosks that you are raising seem to be adorable as well.
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Postby I X » 23 Feb 2015, 11:04

Fayili,

There's no question that you care about people and want to make them feel better, but you're actually doing something to help them feel accomplished, and I think that's really valuable. I know it's easy to compliment you because this is your thread, and your quest, but to me this whole enterprise shows what a lovely, actively comforting presence you are.

(Yeah I'm complimenting you but if someone else already had I would follow your request. :D)
Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 23 Feb 2015, 17:48

Jamfalcon,

Look, I'm not a guy who's very good at paying compliments. But here we go. You truly are a delight to talk to, a truly funny, intelligent person who's more than willing to outdo me with stupid puns (especially ones revolving around Norse mythology). Most importantly, however, I'm a very, VERY needy friend to have. I make lots of demands on your time with my more or less constant need for companionship, and thus far you seem to be willing to put up with me. That means more to me than just about anything.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 23 Feb 2015, 18:42

I was gonna type something, but instead I read what MrPayneTrayne wrote and now im crying instead.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 23 Feb 2015, 19:56

Prospero101 wrote:Jamfalcon,

Look, I'm not a guy who's very good at paying compliments. But here we go. You truly are a delight to talk to, a truly funny, intelligent person who's more than willing to outdo me with stupid puns (especially ones revolving around Norse mythology). Most importantly, however, I'm a very, VERY needy friend to have. I make lots of demands on your time with my more or less constant need for companionship, and thus far you seem to be willing to put up with me. That means more to me than just about anything.

Well shucks, first of all, thank you, and second of all, you beat me to this, because I was planning to make a post here when I got back to my computer. So on that note...

Prospero101,

I've been on this forum for three and a half years, and one of the things I was hoping for when I signed up was to make some actual internet friends. It looked like a really close-knit, caring community, and that has proven more true than I could have expected, but while there are a lot of people on here that I really, really like interacting with, it wasn't until last year when I started talking to you that I had anyone from here that I talked to on a regular basis outside of the realm of the forum. I know I'm rarely the one to start conversations, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy them, from both a socializing and intellectual standpoint. I'm really glad to have made a friend on here that I connect with on a lot of levels, and who is persistent enough at starting conversations that I actually got to know him and stay in contact even though I'm someone who has trouble being the initiator. Also you know a staggering amount of trivia and while I like to think I have a pretty strong vocabulary, I have to look up words you use on a reasonably frequent basis. So that's neat.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
fantôme
First Video: mtgo drafts

Postby fantôme » 24 Feb 2015, 02:28

I have not been in this corner for very long, and have not yet gotten to know you lovely folks. Though you strike me as pretty awesome people, goodness knows if I'm able to compliment with any comprehensibility.

Nonetheless: MinniChi,

Your posts are often concise and eloquent, insightful and informative. You clearly are very intelligent, have a good sense of humour, and a wonderful soul. And it seems you're great at your job - I have a huge amount of respect for skilled professionals, especially those in something as challenging and varied (and delicious) as culinaria. All this, and a parent too! Raising children can be the most rewarding exhausting exciting bewildering thing in the world, at the very least life has never a dull moment.

Thank you for teaching us how to make scotch eggs, and good luck with your wedding!
Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 24 Feb 2015, 02:29

(This person hasn't done a quest, but has posted in this thread (page 2))

AdmiralMemo,

I think Memo does a lot for the LRR community; donating cool items such as the SNES controller for the LRL streams, helping organise LRR fan drafts, being an awesome mod on the Twitch Streams, supporting Desert Bus with both crafting and donations, among many other things.

Essentially, he is a pretty cool dude who is one of the reasons the LRR community is one of the best on the internet. So keep on Admiraling Memo!

: )
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
KidSpanner
First Video: Installation Anxiety (2010)

Postby KidSpanner » 24 Feb 2015, 04:55

betsy,

Look, I'm a person, you're a person; does anything else really need to be said? Yes it does. Because that's not really comprehensive.

You're a smart, angry human being who knows her shit and also took what are likely the best Wonder Woman pose shots of anyone here. You're cool, and you care about other human beings, provided they don't deserve your utter hatred.

You helped me out with a thing once, which I am being vague about because this is a very public place but I would certainly be a lot worse off right now if you hadn't talked to me about this particular thing.

Also, you own cats with cute names. Can there truly be a greater thing in life?
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 24 Feb 2015, 05:11

Valkyrie-Lemons,

You were about the first person I 'met' upon arriving upon these forums some 2 and a half years ago. You were kind and offered friendly, outgoing companionship before all of the other wonderful, kind, nerdy, intelligent and terrible-pun-employing people (you know what you did) I've subsequently come to meet on this forum, and I've never forgotten that. I have never seen a situation where you haven't been kind and considerate in your conversation, proactive in your interest, and never once prideful or selfish. You are the person who I aspire to be and who I try to turn myself into- hell, you're even better than me at CK2. Peace out dude, and stay awesome.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 24 Feb 2015, 06:26

Valkyrie-Lemons wrote:(This person hasn't done a quest, but has posted in this thread (page 2))

AdmiralMemo,

I think Memo does a lot for the LRR community; donating cool items such as the SNES controller for the LRL streams, helping organise LRR fan drafts, being an awesome mod on the Twitch Streams, supporting Desert Bus with both crafting and donations, among many other things.

Essentially, he is a pretty cool dude who is one of the reasons the LRR community is one of the best on the internet. So keep on Admiraling Memo!

: )
I... don't know what to say... Thanks?

I, like Alex, have severe Impostor Syndrome whenever someone says I'm a great person. Apparently, either my defective brain is causing other people to know me better than I know myself... or the opposite is true, and no one else really knows who I am, making me very alone in the world...

On the plus side, apparently, this puts me in the ranks with some very famous folks? Albert Einstein, Emma Watson, Chuck Lorre, Neil Gaiman, Tina Fey, Jodie Foster, Don Cheadle, Kate Winslet, Denzel Washington, Meryl Streep, Michelle Pfeiffer, Maya Angelou, Mike Myers...
Last edited by AdmiralMemo on 24 Feb 2015, 09:09, edited 1 time in total.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 24 Feb 2015, 07:41

My pseudonym is Ix wrote:Valkyrie-Lemons,

You were about the first person I 'met' upon arriving upon these forums some 2 and a half years ago. You were kind and offered friendly, outgoing companionship before all of the other wonderful, kind, nerdy, intelligent and terrible-pun-employing people (you know what you did) I've subsequently come to meet on this forum, and I've never forgotten that. I have never seen a situation where you haven't been kind and considerate in your conversation, proactive in your interest, and never once prideful or selfish. You are the person who I aspire to be and who I try to turn myself into- hell, you're even better than me at CK2. Peace out dude, and stay awesome.

Awwww, thanks dude.

I want people to be nice to me, so the least I can do is be nice to other people first. Plus saying something kind doesn't cost me.

But yeah, this has really made my day, so thank you! : )

My pseudonym is Ix wrote:...and never once prideful or selfish.

Give me a bowl of Jelly Babies to share and that very quickly changes. : 3

AdmiralMemo wrote:I... don't know what to say... Thanks?

I, like Alex, have severe Impostor Syndrome whenever someone says I'm a great person. Apparently, either my defective brain it causing other people to know me better than I know myself... or the opposite is true, and no one else really knows who I am, making me very alone in the world...

I just mainly wanted to say that what you do doesn't go unnoticed or unappreciated.
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 24 Feb 2015, 09:00

Valkyrie-Lemons wrote:
AdmiralMemo wrote:I... don't know what to say... Thanks?

I, like Alex, have severe Impostor Syndrome whenever someone says I'm a great person. Apparently, either my defective brain is causing other people to know me better than I know myself... or the opposite is true, and no one else really knows who I am, making me very alone in the world...
I just mainly wanted to say that what you do doesn't go unnoticed or unappreciated.
Well, I guess I'm glad that others appreciate me even if I don't appreciate me? :|

Compliments and basic human interaction are hard...
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 24 Feb 2015, 14:02

Fayili and IX,

For taking time out of their personal lives to show me around Limerick, to invite me for food and make me feel welcomed. It was a lot of fun and seeing how you two acted together had me think more about expressing my (badly hidden) feelings towards a friend I care about.
It still took a long time to write to them because I kept tearing up every time I wrote but it was worth it. Although things did not go how I wanted, seeing you two together gave me the nudge I needed to try.

Thank you.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 24 Feb 2015, 21:50

While I could do more of these, I'm trying to limit myself.

GUNNER--
You have been such a constant supportive presence in my life I sometimes forget you haven't always been there. I have your voice memorized in my head due to multiple hangouts, and I often, while off IRL, hear read something in your voice because it sounds like a Gunner-ism. Thank you for accepting me, for countering my negativity at times, and for 'getting' my sometimes off-kilter humor. You're awesome, dude. I don't want to know life without you.
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 25 Feb 2015, 08:15

This sounds like a fun quest to do. :)

My pseudonym is Ix -
We haven't known each other for long, but I'm grateful for the help you've given me. You're smart, helpful and kind, and you just happened to appear and give me the small nudge I needed when I needed it. I'm grateful for your patience when I speak about my issues and problems. Thank you, IX. Please stay awesome.
Hurp-De-Durp!
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 25 Feb 2015, 18:05

Stepz, you are credit to team.

You've always being there with a sympathetic ear and sound advice. You're a great person who has done a lot of cool things, and now you're passing your experience on to the next generation. You're a longstanding part of this community, and things just wouldn't be the same without you around.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
betsytheripper
First Video: Scientist's Rebuttal to ICP

Postby betsytheripper » 26 Feb 2015, 09:11

Kid,

I really admire your passion to encourage and educate, even if through twitter, about social justice topics and current events, especially in gaming. I am also very proud of you for your commitment to better yourself, and to pursue what makes you happy, even if at times it is difficult, vague thing included.

Your knowledge of MtG is impressive, and your ability to tolerate your job is truly inspiring. And I really personally appreciate your twitter companionship on many of my sleepless nights.

Thanks for being cool, and for your dedication to flannel.
-betsy
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 26 Feb 2015, 15:09

Lord Hosk,

You are one of the bravest, strongest and most awesome men I know. From what I know of what you've been through you've endured much more than most and come out the other side still standing.

Despite all that you still have time to provide a kind word or a firm hand when needed. You are a voice of reason and you inspire those around you to try to be better people.

You're raising 3 fantastic little Hosklings, they're already amazing, but I know that they will grow up to be just as awesome as you.
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 26 Feb 2015, 15:50

Keab, Hosk was already complimented! I'll let it stand because that was sweet, but do another!

MinniChi
First Video: Your Very Own Prom

Postby MinniChi » 26 Feb 2015, 18:16

Finally I'm healthy enough to sit at my computer!
My turn to compliment, hopefully it passes.

Elomin Sha
I don't post much or often, but I read the forums, and I always read what you post. Your posts are always appropriate to the instance, either to provoke a giggle or to provoke some thoughts.
And you created the Venting thread which has been amazing.
I'm super bad voicing at compliments, but if we lived close together, I would make you dinner and give you a great big squishy hug. With no exaggeration, you're one of my favorite people on these forums.
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced

Return to “General Discussion”