Magnum Rewatch Ep05 - Skin Deep

Kathleen and Graham guide you through 1980s action awesomeness.
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Magnum Rewatch Ep05 - Skin Deep

Postby Kathleen » 03 Mar 2015, 01:51

Magnum investigates the mysterious suicide of a famous actress. Meanwhile Graham and Kathleen learn just how much you can feather hair.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Re: Magnum Rewatch Ep05 - Skin Deep

Postby RedNightmare » 03 Mar 2015, 05:40

I am really enjoying these and I have no intention of going back to watch any of the episodes (And I've never really seen any Magnum). I've caught myself looking forward to Tuesday because it means another Magnum Rewatch. :D
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Jenelmo
First Video: Friday nights: Untap

Postby Jenelmo » 03 Mar 2015, 05:51

Magnum Rewatch is one of my favorite podcast to listened to, even though i have never seen an episode om Magnum PI
There must always be a Stark in the Moonbase
7SecondsLeft
First Video: Checkpoint on PATV

Postby 7SecondsLeft » 03 Mar 2015, 09:45

I bought the DVDs so I could watch along with the podcast, but accidentally watched them all in one go over the weekend. Now I'm sad because I have to wait another 12 weeks for the podcasts to catch up with me, before starting season 2 :(

I actually quite like the old theme music (I don't know about the US, but the UK DVD set keeps the old music intact), and think it would have fitted perfectly on almost any of the multiple US "chunky yellow credits font" detective shows that seemed to come out around the late 70s / early 80s. So maybe it's crime was being too generic and not just for being not very "Magnum-like"?
ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Postby ritchards » 04 Mar 2015, 00:18

So... who did take the picture of Erin at the cove? If there's no boyfriend, then it was the pilot who took her out? "Hey, Eric, can I take your picture? I'll send you a copy..." Yeah, that's not creepy at all.
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 04 Mar 2015, 02:35

The bad guy, who's name I can't remember, the one time he went to the cove. That's how he knew where it was.
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 04 Mar 2015, 19:15

korvys wrote:The bad guy, who's name I can't remember, the one time he went to the cove. That's how he knew where it was.

Yup, David Norman took the picture, he just lied to Magnum about it.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
HeyZootie
First Video: Commodore Hustle

Postby HeyZootie » 07 Mar 2015, 12:39

Wow, know what I thought of when I heard the first section of the theme music?

Escapist News Network! Authoritative! Timely! Splendiferous!
JayBlanc
First Video: That thing with the thing and that stuff

Postby JayBlanc » 07 Mar 2015, 14:46

I actually started re-watching all of Lovejoy just before you got to this episode, so yay for mentioning it. I honestly have a hard time thinking of a more typical British TV show than Lovejoy, and could even ponder doing a podcast of it, possibly with someone from the US who had never seen it... "Explaining Lovejoy To An American"...
poopintheairtonight
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby poopintheairtonight » 09 Mar 2015, 14:36

By the way Graham and Kathleen didn't mention it in the episode (I don't know if they watch NCIS or not) but the "This reminds me of a time when: long fantastic adventure no one really is interested in" from a Brit has become a trope in NCIS.
Well, do you want an ethical solution or an effective one?
CulturalGeekGirl
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby CulturalGeekGirl » 21 Apr 2015, 04:05

JayBlanc wrote:I actually started re-watching all of Lovejoy just before you got to this episode, so yay for mentioning it. I honestly have a hard time thinking of a more typical British TV show than Lovejoy, and could even ponder doing a podcast of it, possibly with someone from the US who had never seen it... "Explaining Lovejoy To An American"...

Oh man, that sounds amazing. Magnum Rewatch makes me want to do a watch or rewatch podcast myself someday... though I'm enough of an anglophile that talking about Lovejoy would probably not have the desired effect. Maybe I should watch that show next anyway.

Back to this Magnum, I'm actually watching the episodes before listening to the podcast, and I actually saw the twist coming right away this time. I was 75% sure for most of the episode, and then when he found the tape of her rehearsal put away I was completely certain. This is probably one of my favorites so far, in large part because of the NAM FEELS.

Return to “Magnum Rewatch”