LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Volafortis
First Video: I am a spam bot.

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby Volafortis » 15 Mar 2015, 09:52

Ooh, if you can give permissions without needing to be in game, would I be able to get permissions as well? My in-game name is Volafortis, same as here.
LambMower
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby LambMower » 15 Mar 2015, 12:07

Yupp I can give people permissions without being online, if any of you want permissiosn and none of the mods are online, just leave a message on this thread or PM me and we'll sort it out
Sky_rider19
First Video: It's Magic!

Postby Sky_rider19 » 15 Mar 2015, 12:55

When you have a chance could you give permission to Sky_rider19? As much as I enjoy being a invincible ghost, I kind of want to interact with the world
eostby
First Video: The first Friday Nights

Postby eostby » 15 Mar 2015, 13:12

Can you post your server's address in here? I thought I got it at an earlier time, but when I tried it, it wasn't connecting. Is unomc.lrrcraft.com wrong?
Rogue_Magic on the LRRCraft and LRRMC servers; visit my LRRCraft house near 423, -353 and my LRRMC house near -972, 195

Stand against the Pardonf**k!

Follow me on Twitter @ericostby
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 15 Mar 2015, 13:31

lrrmc.rebellious.uno or lrrmc.dahou.se should both work.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Volafortis

Postby Volafortis » 15 Mar 2015, 14:08

Are there any restrictions on where to build? Or can I just pick a spot?
RebelliousUno
First Video: don't recall came after unskippable

Postby RebelliousUno » 15 Mar 2015, 15:31

The main rule for the server is the usual "don't be a dick"

head out and find somewhere to build. Try to not impose on anyone else's build.

Mini communities have sprung up of people building near each other.
lrrmap.rebellious.uno is a map so you can view around
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 15 Mar 2015, 16:17

eostby wrote:Can you post your server's address in here? I thought I got it at an earlier time, but when I tried it, it wasn't connecting. Is unomc.lrrcraft.com wrong?
So I never activated that zone file, it seems. Should be working in 3 hours, and the other two you were given should work immediately.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

AlexAshman
First Video: Fear Itself

Postby AlexAshman » 16 Mar 2015, 09:13

LambMower wrote:Yupp I can give people permissions without being online, if any of you want permissiosn and none of the mods are online, just leave a message on this thread or PM me and we'll sort it out

So, well, erm... I got stuck within about three minutes of logging onto the server. I fell down onto a balcony that's surrounded by a fence, and the doors off the balcony won't open for me. The view of the sunset is nice, but I'd really like to see more of the world and perhaps even build something. Thanks!
FourEyedTroll
First Video: Echo

Postby FourEyedTroll » 16 Mar 2015, 09:41

Can't get online at the moment, but build permission for OspreyGBR would be appreciated :)
The Old Ludensian

This Interweb is pretty nifty, eh?

Aka: Osprey or OspreyGBR, mostly in the world of PC Gaming.
MtG: Mono-Black Infect. Hand of the Praetors FTW!

LRRCraft Server Link: lrrmc.dahou.se
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 16 Mar 2015, 10:27

OK I have permission to add people now
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
LambMower

Postby LambMower » 16 Mar 2015, 11:27

AlexAshman wrote:
LambMower wrote:Yupp I can give people permissions without being online, if any of you want permissiosn and none of the mods are online, just leave a message on this thread or PM me and we'll sort it out

So, well, erm... I got stuck within about three minutes of logging onto the server. I fell down onto a balcony that's surrounded by a fence, and the doors off the balcony won't open for me. The view of the sunset is nice, but I'd really like to see more of the world and perhaps even build something. Thanks!

Damn it I thought the door issue was fixed, I'll look at it again
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Omega Lairon » 16 Mar 2015, 12:14

I'm trying to be a little more active on the server in case these issues pop up, but so far, I've tended to see mostly players who already have build permissions active at the same time. Or if I didn't immediately recognise a name, I send out a general "Everyone fine?" message, often to replies of "all good here" or similar. But if all else fails, I tend to hang out in LRR's twitch chat during streams, so I'm available there if needed.

On a more personal note - I've been doing bits and pieces of work on spawn town, but I'm not always 100% confident or happy with the results. Notably, the "Slanty Shanty" on the... I want to say south west edge of town, near the giant tunnel. I'm happy to knock it down and put something a little more respectable in its place, but I'm just wondering if anyone else had strong feelings about it one way or another or if it was just me. *shrug*

Lastly - as a SUPER LOW priority thing, I can't place armour stands in town because of the "no mobs" rule, so I haven't been able to complete the top floor of the shoe store. No big deal though - the place looks fine without it, but just... if some armour stands just happen to appear up there by magic all by themselves... Again, super low priority though.

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
FourEyedTroll
First Video: Echo

Postby FourEyedTroll » 16 Mar 2015, 12:47

I've had no issues opening doors :/
The Old Ludensian

This Interweb is pretty nifty, eh?

Aka: Osprey or OspreyGBR, mostly in the world of PC Gaming.
MtG: Mono-Black Infect. Hand of the Praetors FTW!

LRRCraft Server Link: lrrmc.dahou.se
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 16 Mar 2015, 13:02

So, MCEdit crapped the bed, so close for me being finished, too... :(

I'm going to work on trying to get it working again. Stupid Python...

Sky_rider19
First Video: It's Magic!

Postby Sky_rider19 » 16 Mar 2015, 17:41

technology...Why must you always fail us!!!!

And as for the permission detail, I can open doors and trapdoors fine, it's fence gates that are the bane of my non-existance!!!!
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 18 Mar 2015, 09:12

Why do I have to build walls? Why do creepers hate walls?

Im loving being able to be on a server again, thanks guys.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Postby ChroniclerC » 18 Mar 2015, 13:14

So, can we have a bit more structure in the spawn city? I built the hall of chests with the intent of it being new Community Storage, but none of the other buildings in Spawn seem to serve a useful purpose. Sure, they look cool, but I'm pretty sure you guys had Creative when you built them, so I'm less than impressed. I'd rather have something ugly and useful than pretty and pointless.
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5
LambMower

Postby LambMower » 18 Mar 2015, 13:44

ChroniclerC wrote:So, can we have a bit more structure in the spawn city? I built the hall of chests with the intent of it being new Community Storage, but none of the other buildings in Spawn seem to serve a useful purpose. Sure, they look cool, but I'm pretty sure you guys had Creative when you built them, so I'm less than impressed. I'd rather have something ugly and useful than pretty and pointless.

I can definitely agree with the functionality thing.
As for creative, doesn't bother me at all.

I think we could definitely make more useful buildings in spawn. But what? What is there we can do except community storage, tree farm and subway?
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 18 Mar 2015, 14:02

We had post office boxes on LRRcraft... I can help you make them if I get creative and command blocks.

We also had a hotel, a cobble generator, a dimensional portal hub, a stable, a dock, a train station, a map building, a community farm, a mob grinder, a library with variable-level enchanting areas. Some of these you have...

ChroniclerC

Postby ChroniclerC » 18 Mar 2015, 14:23

LambMower wrote:
ChroniclerC wrote:So, can we have a bit more structure in the spawn city? I built the hall of chests with the intent of it being new Community Storage, but none of the other buildings in Spawn seem to serve a useful purpose. Sure, they look cool, but I'm pretty sure you guys had Creative when you built them, so I'm less than impressed. I'd rather have something ugly and useful than pretty and pointless.

It's not so much that it bothers me as it makes me aggressively apathetic. Their presence is very much "Look at this cool thing I made!" and I have zero shits to give for a thing built in Creative mode if it does nothing for me. :roll:

I think we could definitely make more useful buildings in spawn. But what? What is there we can do except community storage, tree farm and subway?

Storage, stone farm, XP farm (preferably with a skeleton spawner), NPC villagers and iron farm, food farm, wood farm, subway that goes more than one place, portal building, docks and stables, starter caches for new players, museum for player-made maps and books, varying levels of enchanting stations (near the XP farm, of course), trading post, a wide array of crafting stations...
LambMower

Postby LambMower » 18 Mar 2015, 14:48

ChroniclerC wrote:
LambMower wrote:

It's not so much that it bothers me as it makes me aggressively apathetic. Their presence is very much "Look at this cool thing I made!" and I have zero shits to give for a thing built in Creative mode if it does nothing for me. :roll:

Storage, stone farm, XP farm (preferably with a skeleton spawner), NPC villagers and iron farm, food farm, wood farm, subway that goes more than one place, portal building, docks and stables, starter caches for new players, museum for player-made maps and books, varying levels of enchanting stations (near the XP farm, of course), trading post, a wide array of crafting stations...

Yeah, most of these things are planned and happening. The big reason the Subway isn't actually finished is because I haven't been around for a week :P But I'm getting that sorted. But yeah all of those others things have started popping up. I think the only thing we can't do is a dock since Spawntown isn't really connected to any major bodies of water
ChroniclerC

Postby ChroniclerC » 18 Mar 2015, 15:42

Well, let me put it this way. Is there any plan to keep/demolish the superfluous buildings? Because I feel that Spawn is meant to be a utilitarian area, and most of these buildings, while they may look cool, they don't do anything.
LambMower

Postby LambMower » 18 Mar 2015, 16:49

ChroniclerC wrote:Well, let me put it this way. Is there any plan to keep/demolish the superfluous buildings? Because I feel that Spawn is meant to be a utilitarian area, and most of these buildings, while they may look cool, they don't do anything.

Maybe, we'll see.
Volafortis

Postby Volafortis » 18 Mar 2015, 17:14

I don't see why anything would need to be demolished. Sure, plenty of the buildings are purely aesthetic, but it's not like they're preventing anything functional from being built. I like city atmosphere it provides. I'd rather have functional buildings with the city atmosphere than just having a hodgepodge of functional buildings.

Yes, I agree Spawn should have a tree farm, community farm, stables, post office, enchanting tables, etc.., but there's no sense in pretending that having the functional buildings or aesthetic buildings are mutually exclusive when they're not.

Return to “Video Games”