New Quest Available!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Re: New Quest Available!

Postby JustAName » 16 Mar 2015, 09:00

QUEST #9 IS NOW CLOSED

Quest #10

Set a goal for yourself to get something done this week! I want it to be a small thing that does not take much effort at all, but preferably something you've been putting off for a while. Replace those dead batteries, fold your clean laundry, just get that little errand done!

Please post your goal in here near the start of the week, and then let us know when you finish it. Use this as your motivator to do the thing!

Quest starts at 10 AM Pacific Time on Monday, Mar 16, 2015, and ends at 9:59 AM Pacific Time on Monday, Mar 23, 2015.

Good Luck!
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 16 Mar 2015, 09:05

Dammit, another quest that I didn't get round to doing.

OK, in that case I have two- firstly to look for houses for next year, and secondly could I reactivate last week's quest for 1000XP?
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 16 Mar 2015, 09:08

I need to do my laundry. I've been putting it off for LITERALLY no reason, so I should get on that this week. Will report back with the all the lovely mundane details.

Secondary goal: Actually fold it/hang it up, you twit.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 16 Mar 2015, 09:10

Goddamnit. I wrote the letter, but forgot to say that here before the quest closed. >-<
Hurp-De-Durp!
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 16 Mar 2015, 09:29

I really need to get my kitchen cleaned...which means I have to get that done tonight, because I leave town tomorrow and don't get back until Saturday.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 16 Mar 2015, 09:36

I think I'll be unoriginal and just say to do the mountain of ironing that needs doing.

I would say replace some light-bulbs, but the type of bulb I need is not in stock and my local hardware store (supplier problem) so I might snooker myself in not being able to do the quest through no fault of my own.
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 16 Mar 2015, 09:48

You definitely can, Pseudoix. My own goal is going to be to actually make lipstick; I've had the materials for at least a year now and just not done it. And I want to do it! So I'm gonna do that thing.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

betsytheripper
First Video: Scientist's Rebuttal to ICP

Postby betsytheripper » 16 Mar 2015, 12:16

This is a tough choice to make, because it comes down to having time, and time is not necessarily something I get every week. I may not end up with enough free time to do anything.

I really want to use my glittery angel bath melt, which I've been putting off since December.

I really should rewire my rear light assemblies (both sides) on my car so I can drive at night again, which I've been putting off since... like a year ago. (The printed circuit boards have gone kaput so I don't have tail lights, brakes/blinkers work fine.)

I will choose bath melt. Maybe I can even get both done, who knows?
-betsy
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 16 Mar 2015, 12:45

Dear 12 year-old Ix.

Hey dude. How's it going? Enjoying your rugby? Well, keep at enjoying it first and being good at it second- the more you throw yourself into the fun side of it, the more great memories it'll give you.

Hmm. Where was I? Ah yes.

Let's start with something you already know- you've got the single biggest change of your life thus far coming up in just a few weeks. New school, new environment, new people, new start. New rugby team, new opportunities, pretty much new everything. And a lot of it will go great for you- the rugby's good, and will only get better with time, the work will be at that lovely level where you're smart enough to cope with it but challenged enough to be engaged, and you have every tool you need in your arsenal to come out at the end of it with the world at your feet.

But that doesn't mean things are going to be easy, and particularly in one regard- friends. You're going to be split up from them, and it's going to be hard. You'll have to work hard to make new ones, and more importantly you'll have to be prepared to change yourself to do so. I know that sounds stupid to you right now- you have friends now, so why should you change yourself to make them in the future? Well... things change. New people means doing things in new ways. And you can bluster and moan all you like about it not being fair that you have to change to accommodate other people- unfortunately, life just isn't like that.

Because ultimately, it doesn't matter how 'right' you are. It matters whether you are happy.

Write that down, because it's one of the most important lessons you can ever learn.

And you will, trust me on this, be so, so much happier in the long run if you make every effort to be kind and friendly and willing to try new things and share them with new people.

Peace out man- now go forth and do awesome things with awesome people.

-Older Ix
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 16 Mar 2015, 14:02

Actually, as an alternative/addition to giving my kitchen a much-needed cleaning, I really should start on a proof-of-concept for my DB9 projects.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 16 Mar 2015, 14:04

My goal (set AND accomplished already) this week was to finally find a home for the dishes in the dishwasher, and LOAD those that were stacked up in my sink. I came home over my lunch break today and did just that. Then I scrubbed down counters AND mopped the kitchen floor. yay me!
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 16 Mar 2015, 14:05

Fay - can I give YOU a challenge? Namely - update the tracking post?
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 16 Mar 2015, 14:51

Yeah! I keep meaning to do that! :P I'll try and get it done tonight.

JustAName

Postby JustAName » 16 Mar 2015, 18:10

Okay, I think everything is all up to date. Please let me know if I've made any mistakes. I'm really proud of everyone's progress so far!

Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 16 Mar 2015, 19:05

Hey Fayili, can I reactivate Quest #5 for 1000 XP? I should really clean my room.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 16 Mar 2015, 21:15

Go for it!

KidSpanner
First Video: Installation Anxiety (2010)

Postby KidSpanner » 17 Mar 2015, 01:13

DAMMIT FAYILI!
(Write résumé)
fantôme
First Video: mtgo drafts

Postby fantôme » 17 Mar 2015, 02:30

My goal is to learn to draw crows. It's for a little project I'm working on. Currently, on a scale of 1-10, I am godawful at them.
Rikadyn
First Video: the pub

Postby Rikadyn » 17 Mar 2015, 03:19

i should get some flashcards made for japanese
the heart knows no greater tragedy than a breath that begins in love and ends in grief...
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 17 Mar 2015, 12:53

Mine is a big one. I have to draw as much good art as I can by this weekend. Rooster Teeth are looking for a concept artist. I'm going for it.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 17 Mar 2015, 16:02

Goal: paint the ceiling of the hallway/corridor on the first floor.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Postby I X » 19 Mar 2015, 16:40

I really wanted to shave because my beard had been bothering me a lot, and now I have finally. The relief!

I also need to get beard oil or something; if I can soften the thing I might be able to keep it for longer than eight weeks.
Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 20 Mar 2015, 00:29

I need to call CSN(they handle student fees and loans).
Hurp-De-Durp!
KidSpanner
First Video: Installation Anxiety (2010)

Postby KidSpanner » 20 Mar 2015, 13:40

Okay, résumé got written and then printed and then taken to an interview. Quest completed. Now we play the waiting game.
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 20 Mar 2015, 13:53

My goal was to workout 4 times this week. So far I'm three sessions deep and counnnting! Gotta get back on the fitness train.
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.

Return to “General Discussion”