LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
AlexAshman
First Video: Fear Itself

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby AlexAshman » 21 Mar 2015, 04:47

KinoGami wrote:So I'm going to post this here. Please do not dig under -400x/270z to -600x/430z. I have plans for building something underground and i would really appreciate it if folks didn't mine through it

Ok, I've had a look. I've not been within those coords at all. The furthest west I've gone with anything is -397 with a path from my castle joining onto the north-south trunk path that runs at -397. So it's nothing to do with me KinoGami.
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 21 Mar 2015, 05:25

AdmiralMemo wrote:
SAJewers wrote:The Ice farm I used a design by Zisteau (it just took me a while to figure out how he did it)

The Autofisher is recreation of Panda4494's Design without the Dispenser setup.

The Autofisher is great since you van get easy levels and food while AFK
I'm not really seeing how that ice is automatically farmed from that video, but the autofisher looks really cool.
KinoGami wrote:Memo you said something about changing between servers. Do you or anyone else know how that would affect our inventories?
From what I'm reading, you wouldn't be able to transfer inventories between servers. It would be just like logging out and logging into a different server... but without needing to log out.

well, automatic in that you don't need buckets to refill it. :P
LambMower
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby LambMower » 21 Mar 2015, 06:35

Corianin, Sodian and Rogue_Magic now have build perms
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 21 Mar 2015, 07:29

Can I get build permissions please? Ingame: Mr_Ike.

Also, is anyone building out west on/near the small group of islands at -3138, 395?
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Electricfox
First Video: Desert bus

Postby Electricfox » 21 Mar 2015, 08:53

Can I get permission for Electricfox please? In regards to building sites what are the limits? Is there a space limit?
KinoGami
First Video: Desert Bus Killed the Internet Star

Postby KinoGami » 21 Mar 2015, 12:56

I found the offending tunnels. it looks like they belong to Hekla. And they have continued to mine further underneath me
Hekla
First Video: The Whole Story: Desert Bus

Postby Hekla » 21 Mar 2015, 13:21

KinoGami wrote:I found the offending tunnels. it looks like they belong to Hekla. And they have continued to mine further underneath me

Sorry for that. I'll make a note of the area to make sure this doesn't happen again.
I'm also QuintonDreaming. Stupid username availability prevents me from always being an Icelandic volcano.
Ceiran
First Video: 1337

Postby Ceiran » 21 Mar 2015, 14:23

Myshpoetry, squaredotcube and I have cleared out the stronghold I'd found, so I'm going to create a proper nether-link for the place. Once that's done, we should start looking at an End raid, if Lamb and co. agree?
SirZaphod
First Video: ENN

Postby SirZaphod » 21 Mar 2015, 14:54

Searos and I have a small Feed the Beast Minecraft server that were opening for use.
Funny we did not know that Lambmower was also opening a Minecraft server But if anyone reading this is interested in playing a heavily modded server fallow the link below to join.
-----------------
SpiffyCraft
-----------------
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 21 Mar 2015, 15:06

I created spiffy.lrrcraft.com as an address to your server, Zaphod. It should be available in about 3 hours, give or take.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Walkhard
First Video: Fridaynights Politics

Postby Walkhard » 21 Mar 2015, 17:25

Heya friends. Hoping to get presmission to start building. Username Psychogeist. Thank you.
Last edited by Walkhard on 22 Mar 2015, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
eostby
First Video: The first Friday Nights

Postby eostby » 21 Mar 2015, 20:10

Does anyone else keep getting the "Can't Resolve Hostname" problem when trying to get onto the server? What is the server actually called, since apparently Minecraft is VERY INSISTENT I get it right?
Rogue_Magic on the LRRCraft and LRRMC servers; visit my LRRCraft house near 423, -353 and my LRRMC house near -972, 195

Stand against the Pardonf**k!

Follow me on Twitter @ericostby
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 21 Mar 2015, 20:56

Sorry for missing a building permission request while I was online, I havent been having a good week and Im not always at my computer when im logged in.

frequently I will have to stop playing to take care of something for the hosklings but I wont log off.

My first Drowning death was a result of being on the wall and getting distracted, then being shot by a skeleton. The subsequent deaths were me trying to recover my stuff. Ultimately I lost a Diamond pickaxe and Shovel each with Efficiency 3 and unbreaking 3 on them, about 500 cobble and some dirt.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Omega Lairon » 22 Mar 2015, 00:22

I'm currently running some tests on growth/usage rates on various items (primarily trees and coal) inside my territory, and require a (mostly) sterile environment, free of other player interference to ensure I get accurate numbers. To that end, I've thrown together a rudimentary barricade around the island in order to cut off any access to my base. That said, it's a really crappy wall which would be trivial to either cut through or climb over, but can I please ask that you do not do so?

I apologise for the inconvenience, and plan to re-open my borders in the very near future.

^_^

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
LambMower
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby LambMower » 22 Mar 2015, 00:50

Dutch guy wrote:Can I get build permissions please? Ingame: Mr_Ike.

Also, is anyone building out west on/near the small group of islands at -3138, 395?

Done

Electricfox wrote:Can I get permission for Electricfox please? In regards to building sites what are the limits? Is there a space limit?

Done. And there is no limits. Just follow the server's rule 1: Don't be a dick.
If rule 1 is being followed, we don't have any issues.

SirZaphod wrote:Searos and I have a small Feed the Beast Minecraft server that were opening for use.
Funny we did not know that Lambmower was also opening a Minecraft server But if anyone reading this is interested in playing a heavily modded server fallow the link below to join.
-----------------
SpiffyCraft
-----------------

Awesome. We considered doing an FTB server later on (We also had the semi-public Desert Bus FTB server), good thing there is one now.

Ceiran wrote:Myshpoetry, squaredotcube and I have cleared out the stronghold I'd found, so I'm going to create a proper nether-link for the place. Once that's done, we should start looking at an End raid, if Lamb and co. agree?

Go ahead and enter the End when you guys feel like it

eostby wrote:Does anyone else keep getting the "Can't Resolve Hostname" problem when trying to get onto the server? What is the server actually called, since apparently Minecraft is VERY INSISTENT I get it right?

Which IP are you using to connect? Some people have had issues with unomc.lrrcraft.com.
Try lrrmc.rebellious.uno (That's the official one) and if that doesn't work use lrrmc.dahou.se which is the actual host.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 22 Mar 2015, 02:01

LambMower wrote:Some people have had issues with unomc.lrrcraft.com.
I still have not worked out the problem with that. It's baffling.

Also, Zaphod's doesn't seem to work for me, either via my hostname or directly via the IP.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 22 Mar 2015, 04:11

Ceiran wrote:Myshpoetry, squaredotcube and I have cleared out the stronghold I'd found, so I'm going to create a proper nether-link for the place. Once that's done, we should start looking at an End raid, if Lamb and co. agree?

We should see if James and Co. are interested in joining up for that, maybe give them a Crossing the Streams stream.

Should probably be done soom though, so we can get an Ender Ender set up.
squaredotcube
First Video: Ways to Whiten your Teeth

Postby squaredotcube » 22 Mar 2015, 05:13

I think Taos (cutaos) also found another stronghold earlier. If you talk to him you might be able to get the Eyes of Ender from that portal to make things easier. (There's a nether portal to it too.)
KinoGami
First Video: Desert Bus Killed the Internet Star

Postby KinoGami » 22 Mar 2015, 08:40

Guys seriously please watch where you are mining. Now I have another tunnel underneath me coming from the west. Again pls do not dig between -400x/270z to -600x/430z
ZanePaulSwank
First Video: first unskippable

Postby ZanePaulSwank » 22 Mar 2015, 08:41

Can I get Permission? Username: LionsEyeDiamond
eostby
First Video: The first Friday Nights

Postby eostby » 22 Mar 2015, 09:18

LambMower wrote:
eostby wrote:Does anyone else keep getting the "Can't Resolve Hostname" problem when trying to get onto the server? What is the server actually called, since apparently Minecraft is VERY INSISTENT I get it right?

Which IP are you using to connect? Some people have had issues with unomc.lrrcraft.com.
Try lrrmc.rebellious.uno (That's the official one) and if that doesn't work use lrrmc.dahou.se which is the actual host.

That's the worst part: I was trying all 3 of them, and getting the same message every time. There was a single try where it found the server and showed how many people were on it, but when I tried to connect, it sat still for a minute, timed out, and went back to "Can't Resolve Hostname."

Also, does the resource pack button have any bearing on why I can't connect? Does it need to be Prompt, Enabled, Disabled, or does it matter?
Rogue_Magic on the LRRCraft and LRRMC servers; visit my LRRCraft house near 423, -353 and my LRRMC house near -972, 195

Stand against the Pardonf**k!

Follow me on Twitter @ericostby
squaredotcube
First Video: Ways to Whiten your Teeth

Postby squaredotcube » 22 Mar 2015, 10:34

We've (or mostly me, I guess) been talking about what the spawn still needs in terms of utilitarian buildings. I've come up with a list of what would help out everyone:

• Hardware store Completed, near LRRst National
  • Uncommon materials store (materials that only show up in certain generated buildings or get used up fast, such as prismarine, sea lamps, nether brick, and glowstone)
  • Pet store (dogs and cats, rabbits, maybe horses)
  • Tack shop (Hay bales, saddles and horse armor)
  • Community garden Beside Chassures le Prix and Ce n'est pas un Laundromat
  • Florist/Garden Center
  • Fabric store/Dyer
  • Civic Planning office
If anyone can think of others, just post them.
Last edited by squaredotcube on 24 Mar 2015, 08:01, edited 1 time in total.
Ceiran
First Video: 1337

Postby Ceiran » 22 Mar 2015, 10:44

I've been mulling over a plan to turn one of the mountains (relatively) near spawn into a volcano with a wither arena, so that'd cover that amenity, although it'd require some bedrock work to make it safe.

I was also thinking about building other PvE arenas into it, if I can figure out a way to do it without relying too much on command blocks.
zeth_russ
First Video: Meatshroom

Postby zeth_russ » 22 Mar 2015, 12:06

Whats the policy on
  • building huge stuff
  • building in the spawn chunks
  • all off the above :P
would there be interest in building an iron titan for example ?
Kinpatsu
First Video: Unskippable: Beowulf

Postby Kinpatsu » 22 Mar 2015, 14:53

Could I pls have building permission? The username there is Kinpatsu1.
Stop staring.

Return to “Video Games”