New Quest Available!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Re: New Quest Available!

Postby Deedles » 20 Mar 2015, 15:06

The call has been made. Feels good to not worry about that anymore. :)
Hurp-De-Durp!
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 21 Mar 2015, 04:07

It looks like I'm not going to get to finish my goal... I did finish most other stuff for tiling my bathroom though which took much longer than expected. So thats something. And now I'm sick as hell thanks to my brother...
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 21 Mar 2015, 04:34

I have done a ton of art for the application. Almost done.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Mums
First Video: Checkpoint "Socially inept"

Postby Mums » 21 Mar 2015, 07:40

Joining the questing!

I forgot to write what my goal was earlier and now I'm done, so I don't know if the questgiver will allow it. Also I can't give any proof...

Have been putting off making a schedule for my work as human resource manager for "Nobel Nightcap". But finally I drew an oversight for the whole year. I can't show it since that would mean me breaking my non-disclosure agreement.
Sit down. Get ready. Sit down again!

The perfectly lying, lying bastad!
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 21 Mar 2015, 09:01

I'll definitely allow it. :)
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 21 Mar 2015, 14:46

Well, looks like my roommate gave the kitchen a very thorough cleaning while I was out of town. So I'll switch that goal to getting my Windows partition "working" again.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 21 Mar 2015, 18:10

Well, tomorrow I'm sending off my portfolio to RT. So that's my quest done. Going to keep adding more art in the mean time. I wonder how many Twitter followers have gotten annoyed by my posting binge recently.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 21 Mar 2015, 23:02

I hit the gym for legs this morning bringing my gym count to four this week. Goal accomplished!
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 22 Mar 2015, 06:29

Welp, definitely sick as hell. Not going to get anything done.... BUS!
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 22 Mar 2015, 07:19

My arm is hurting after that, but the ironing is completed!

Now I have nice ironed shirts for the next couple of weeks. : 3
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
betsytheripper
First Video: Scientist's Rebuttal to ICP

Postby betsytheripper » 22 Mar 2015, 11:48

I am posting this while in the tub. This is my first time using one of Lush's melts, though I've used bombs and bubble bars before. The water is so soft and silky, it feels like I'm bathing in cream. Glittery cream.

-betsy
betsytheripper

Postby betsytheripper » 22 Mar 2015, 12:06

Update: the light is motion activated off but not on. It was very dark but the bf rescued me. It's currently minute 38 in the tub. I think I'll call it in about ten more minutes. The water's starting to cool off.
-betsy
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 22 Mar 2015, 14:13

Just sent off my application to Rooster Teeth. Just need to wait to see if they ask for my portfolio now.
betsytheripper

Postby betsytheripper » 22 Mar 2015, 15:08

Update 2: Tub was so slick post-bath that I almost fell over. My skin is so soft, I love it. Also got a great pic of the water.

Quest success.
-betsy
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 22 Mar 2015, 22:36

Made the lipstick! I don't think it set up as well as I wanted, but I'll try wearing it tomorrow anyway.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Rikadyn
First Video: the pub

Postby Rikadyn » 22 Mar 2015, 22:38

I made 1 chapter of vocabulary and 1 chapter of kanji flashcards, neither is enough to really help but did review some digital flashcards on my phone

on the other hand, reserved my ticket for coming home so bonus accomplishment...
the heart knows no greater tragedy than a breath that begins in love and ends in grief...
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 23 Mar 2015, 07:51

The lighting is really Not Great here at work; I'll try to get a better pic when I get home, but for now:

Everyone, you've got about an hour left to get in your current quests! Do the thing!

JustAName

Postby JustAName » 23 Mar 2015, 09:01

QUEST #10 IS NOW CLOSED

Quest #11

I've you've been around tumblr at all, you'll have seen amusing imagesets of people who have never seen a TV show (just posts about it) saying what they think it is. If you haven't been around tumblr... well, I'll try to post some examples shortly. Basically, I want you to do that sort of a thing. Take a TV show, game, movie, or something else, and describe what you think it is. It's better/more funny if you get things wrong, so go for something you don't really know much about, you've just heard things here and there.

You don't have to make the full slideshow for it - just text is fine - but if you go all-out, it's that much better.

Quest starts at 10 AM Pacific Time on Monday, Mar 23, 2015, and ends at 9:59 AM Pacific Time on Monday, Mar 30, 2015.

Good Luck!

Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 23 Mar 2015, 09:37

Oh, didn't get a chance to post an update on my goals earlier.

Goal #1 - Clean the kitchen: I got all the dishes cleaned and put away, and did some basic tidying before I left for the week; but my roommate evidently went on a cleaning binge while I was away and finished the job before I got back.

Goal #2 - Get proof of concepts ready for my DB9 projects: I got a bit of extra planning done, played around with some of the tools I'll likely be using, and have something of an initial mockup done; but I'm still far from having a proper proof of concept done.

Goal #3 - Fix my Windows install: Found my license keys, backed up all my files, and prepared a folder on a separate drive with everything I need to install after Windows. Didn't actually get around to doing the reinstall though (I'll probably do it first thing tonight), and I don't know if that will even fix my actual problem (I haven't ruled out the SSD either).

So 0 for 3 for me. I'll probably reopen this quest later.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 23 Mar 2015, 10:20

Well, this is a wonderful conjunction of circumstances: I'm off today, in a jaunty mood, and this new quest seems right up my alley (since there's OOODLES of popular media that I haven't been able to keep up with :D )

So, I bring to you...Orphan Black.

I'd initially dismissed this as 'yet another dystopian adventure for tweens', but after being corrected by a generous person on the internet, I look forward to delving into the spiritual successor to one of my favourite programmes.

Elizabeth Childs is a successful police detective, somewhat lonely from her demanding job but satisfied with her lot in life. Things take a turn when her ailing mother, Fran, calls Beth to her death bed. As Fran Childs (nee Katzenjammer) succumbs to lung cancer and emphysema, she reveals to her daughter that her pre-deceased father was in fact her step-father, and Beth is actually the child of Fran and 'an old flame' of hers, who ran a bookshop back in England.

Beth takes a leave of absence from police duty and goes to track down her birth father Bernard, only to find he had also passed away fairly young, and his bookshop has been struggling along without a real owner, with just one desperately optimistic employee and bookkeeper 'bailing like mad to keep things afloat'...

Can't wait to dig into this! :D
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 23 Mar 2015, 10:33

Pfffffft. That's not exactly what I had in mind, but I think I like it even better.

Valkyrie-Lemons

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 23 Mar 2015, 10:36

Does it have to be new as of today? Or can it be something new (in this case a game) that came out last Friday?
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 23 Mar 2015, 10:45

It has to be new to you. Something you've never experienced, except via people talking about it on social media. Tell us what you think the show/game/whatever is, and try to pick something you know you'll get wrong, because it's funnier that way.

Valkyrie-Lemons

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 23 Mar 2015, 10:47

So another game in a series I know well doesn't count then?

JustAName

Postby JustAName » 23 Mar 2015, 10:48

Unless you think you're probably gonna get it wrong, not really. I wish I'd looked up a good example of this before I got to work today.

Return to “General Discussion”