LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
eostby
First Video: The first Friday Nights

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby eostby » 22 Mar 2015, 20:20

Now that I've figured out how to get on the server, I've set up a small home around -964, 120-ish (should have written the number down before I logged off for the night). There's a sign in front of a dirt building indicating what it is, so it shouldn't be easy to miss.
Rogue_Magic on the LRRCraft and LRRMC servers; visit my LRRCraft house near 423, -353 and my LRRMC house near -972, 195

Stand against the Pardonf**k!

Follow me on Twitter @ericostby
tehling
First Video: 1337

Postby tehling » 22 Mar 2015, 22:14

Could i have build permission? IGN: TunneLing
FourEyedTroll
First Video: Echo

Postby FourEyedTroll » 23 Mar 2015, 03:05

As we seem to have a new influx of visitors to Uno's server, I should probably make some kind of declaration about my intent and location.

See the big square pyramid in the Jungle? That's me. It will eventually be the entrance to an underground fortress city of sorts (Indoor jungle trees and like in places).

My only requests are that you: A) please avoid setting up any extensive mining in the vicinity, or at least don't object if my cavern city ends up intruding on your mine tunnels, and B) please respect the jungle setting, and don't go raping and pillaging it for resources. I picked the jungle setting because it feels so wild and dangerous and remote when you're above ground, so please don't go all Amazonian beef-farming on me. :P
The Old Ludensian

This Interweb is pretty nifty, eh?

Aka: Osprey or OspreyGBR, mostly in the world of PC Gaming.
MtG: Mono-Black Infect. Hand of the Praetors FTW!

LRRCraft Server Link: lrrmc.dahou.se
LambMower
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby LambMower » 23 Mar 2015, 06:18

eostby wrote:
LambMower wrote:
eostby wrote:Does anyone else keep getting the "Can't Resolve Hostname" problem when trying to get onto the server? What is the server actually called, since apparently Minecraft is VERY INSISTENT I get it right?

Which IP are you using to connect? Some people have had issues with unomc.lrrcraft.com.
Try lrrmc.rebellious.uno (That's the official one) and if that doesn't work use lrrmc.dahou.se which is the actual host.

That's the worst part: I was trying all 3 of them, and getting the same message every time. There was a single try where it found the server and showed how many people were on it, but when I tried to connect, it sat still for a minute, timed out, and went back to "Can't Resolve Hostname."

Also, does the resource pack button have any bearing on why I can't connect? Does it need to be Prompt, Enabled, Disabled, or does it matter?

I really have no clue why this is happening, does google say anything about it?

zeth_russ wrote:Whats the policy on
  • building huge stuff
  • building in the spawn chunks
  • all off the above :P
would there be interest in building an iron titan for example ?

1) Large projects are even encouraged
2) Talk to me about building in spawn
3) See 2

That project seems like it could be negative for server performance, maybe a small one. But I'm going to need a good reason for why we would need one :P

Kinpatsu wrote:Could I pls have building permission? The username there is Kinpatsu1.

Done
tehling wrote:Could i have build permission? IGN: TunneLing

Done
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 23 Mar 2015, 10:29

Oh, on the subject of laying claim to a space.

Im laying claim to Z1795 to Z1805.

I currently have a rail line that runs along north south X 530 Y 13 from the wall down to the entrance of the tunnel east out of town. but if there are plans for a subway network going out to each of the builds that can get pulled up it was just so I would have access to spawn.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
eostby

Postby eostby » 23 Mar 2015, 11:25

LambMower, yes, my problem was something with the DNS, so I changed which IP I was using and that fixed it. I haven't checked again today, but I would expect I'm good to go now.
Rogue_Magic on the LRRCraft and LRRMC servers; visit my LRRCraft house near 423, -353 and my LRRMC house near -972, 195

Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Omega Lairon » 23 Mar 2015, 13:28

>: (

I don't know which of you smart-asses thought you were being funny, but this is wholly UNACCEPTABLE. Thanks to the meddling of our anonymous cobbler, I now have to re-catalogue the contents of about 6 or 7 relevant treasure chests to make sure I have accurate starting data. It's just fortunate I hadn't started the wood/coal experiment proper - then I'd need to account for every harvested or smelted block in the interim.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE, people... I asked you all NICELY to please not visit my island for at most a day or even a few hours... and THIS is how I'm repaid?

If you happen to be or know the player responsible for this trespass, I'm giving you ONE chance, right now, to 'fess up to the break and enter... ONE. Maybe you made a mistake... maybe you didn't think I was being serious about why I needed to lock the place down. I get it - mistakes happen. I won't be mad (well... I won't be any more mad), and I'm happy to just drop the issue if you man up and admit your actions.

Hopefully this never happens again... this is supposed to be a *good* community. If I can't trust you fine people, then I don't know what to believe in any more.

Perpetrator - you have 24 hours to respond.

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
KinoGami
First Video: Desert Bus Killed the Internet Star

Postby KinoGami » 23 Mar 2015, 13:57

Seriously guys, I have asked repeatedly to stop digging in -400x270z to -600x430z and today i FIND SOMEONE HAS DUG A FREAKING HOLE through the mountain. This is getting to be upsetting.
KinoGami

Postby KinoGami » 23 Mar 2015, 14:02

Please stay out.
ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Postby ChroniclerC » 23 Mar 2015, 14:10

This is why I promptly moved across the ocean.

Not to belittle you, Kino, but you're really close to spawn and in a highly populated area. It's entirely likely that the persons you're having trouble with don't read the forums regularly.

By the same token. To the guys building the railway? I fully support your project. However. I would appreciate if you hold off connecting to my area until the initial burst of activity dies down a bit.
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5
KinoGami

Postby KinoGami » 23 Mar 2015, 14:14

i have signs posted in the area too telling people.
RoentgeniumFinger

Postby RoentgeniumFinger » 23 Mar 2015, 16:38

Whomever connected my mountain to the rail system, I thank you. but so you know, I have plans to fill in part of where you put the window. I'm leaving you a sign or two, but I hope that I don't mess up your plans
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 23 Mar 2015, 17:23

JimRabbit is building Mount LRRmore. Here are a few pictures of the initial face of Paul in various resource packs.

Default - Click to Expand

Faithful - Click to Expand

Chroma Hills - Click to Expand

Legend of Zelda - Click to Expand
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Omega Lairon

Postby Omega Lairon » 23 Mar 2015, 18:13

Looks like the mystery haunting of New Dewford has been solved - a simple case of miscommunication. Understandable really.

Just a reminder that the quarantine is still... kinda important. So do try to resist the temptation to have a little peek. I'll open it back up shortly, and it'll be free access to all... just not right away.

ert+
LambMower
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby LambMower » 24 Mar 2015, 00:19

There has been a lot of cases of people being where they shouldn't lately. We're going to instruct everyone how to start using worldguard soon. But for the moment, if you feel someone is intentionally griefing, report them so I can take care of the issue
squaredotcube
First Video: Ways to Whiten your Teeth

Postby squaredotcube » 24 Mar 2015, 05:12

Sounds like we also need a civic planning/surveyor building in Spawntown for new players to visit to see land claims before gaining permissions. New hub cities that have fast connections between each other might also help spread people out.

There's a few areas that I found on the dynmap that would be great for future hub cities. These include:
(in X, Z)
  • -5080, 6010
  • 3000, -900
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 24 Mar 2015, 05:45

Speaking of civic planning, could someone look into building a roadway from Scrizati's place to spawn? It'd be nice If I could get to Spaen from my place via Horse.
squaredotcube

Postby squaredotcube » 24 Mar 2015, 08:01

Updated the list:

squaredotcube wrote:
  • Hardware store Completed, near LRRst National
  • Uncommon materials store (materials that only show up in certain generated buildings or get used up fast, such as prismarine, sea lamps, nether brick, and glowstone)
  • Pet store (dogs and cats, rabbits, maybe horses)
  • Tack shop (Hay bales, saddles and horse armor)
  • Community garden Beside Chassures le Prix and Ce n'est pas un Laundromat
  • Florist/Garden Center
  • Fabric store/Dyer
  • Civic Planning office
If anyone can think of others, just post them.

Edit: I need a few permissions on a few builds near spawn or other builds.

Lighthouse: 475, 210. This is meant to be the location of the lighthouse that points towards Spawntown's harbor. The land needed is no larger than a 11x11 area, and will not have a basement.

Spawntown Garden Center: There is a strip of ground between Thunder Valley Ranch and the hill the stadium sits on that seems to be unused(-175, 140). It's prime real estate for the greenhouse and garden center.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 24 Mar 2015, 10:46

I suspect that the mining problem is a result of not keeping an eye on your X/Z which is very easy to not do when digging underground.

Also I am willing to bet most people on the server don't visit this forum at all and most defiantly don't visit regularly enough to make sure they see a individual post.

Thats why I went way outside of spawn.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
eostby

Postby eostby » 24 Mar 2015, 11:30

Yeah, if my current settlement is ever in the way of something needed, I can absolutely move farther out. I just wanted something a little closer to Spawn than my build on Memo's server, which is at least three rail changes plus an underground tunnel or two away.

Electricfox
First Video: Desert bus

Postby Electricfox » 24 Mar 2015, 11:35

Most excellent, thank you all.

I'm looking to colonise the island out at 1514, -791. That should do me nicely.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 24 Mar 2015, 11:41

I see there is atleast 3 people building out beyond x-2000. Is it an idea to complete a DEEP railway tunnel (as in at level 10 or below) to spawn from this area? I'm out at -3100 or so, and trekking back to spawn overland is quite a walk.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Kinpatsu
First Video: Unskippable: Beowulf

Postby Kinpatsu » 24 Mar 2015, 12:09

squaredotcube wrote:We've (or mostly me, I guess) been talking about what the spawn still needs in terms of utilitarian buildings. I've come up with a list of what would help out everyone:

• Hardware store Completed, near LRRst National
  • Uncommon materials store (materials that only show up in certain generated buildings or get used up fast, such as prismarine, sea lamps, nether brick, and glowstone)
  • Pet store (dogs and cats, rabbits, maybe horses)
  • Tack shop (Hay bales, saddles and horse armor)
  • Community garden Beside Chassures le Prix and Ce n'est pas un Laundromat
  • Florist/Garden Center
  • Fabric store/Dyer
  • Civic Planning office
If anyone can think of others, just post them.

Is the hardware store for general things? Like tools, building materials, etc? If not, a general store would be a great option. I'd jump for joy.
Stop staring.
Omega Lairon

Postby Omega Lairon » 24 Mar 2015, 13:46

New Dewford is once again open to tourists. Ultimately, I decided that I only *really* needed data on how much wood gets processed in a single load, rather than a more scientific sample size of, say, average of 5. It might not be as accurate, but it's "close enough", honestly.

Also, I was lazy and this was a far quicker option : P

ert+
squaredotcube

Postby squaredotcube » 25 Mar 2015, 09:24

Building a pet shop is hard.

First idea was to spawn in ocelots and wolves over at Thunder Valley, tame them, and then bring them to the pet shop to sell. Me and Tuckiozi experimented with the expectation that ownership would transfer via nametag. Instead, despite the new name, Heimdall stayed with me.

The second idea was to use an exploit where tamed pets could still spawn babies within the no-mobs zone, if given the appropriate monster egg. Kinpatsu and I tried this method, and it almost worked... Except that ownership of the baby transfers from the parent. Poor Gimli...

So I decided on an earlier idea where a taming area would be placed in the store. Once I got that area dug out and built, ocelots and wolves spawned, leashed, moved to the basement, and then named since they're at risk of despawn, I find out that wild, possibly hostile mobs cannot spawn babies in a no-mobs zone.

...I think we're going to have to rely on a command block for this to work. I'd prefer if the second method if possible when scripting it out.

Return to “Video Games”