Star Wars the Old Republic

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
steven19913
First Video: Escalation

Star Wars the Old Republic

Postby steven19913 » 09 Mar 2015, 02:26

So I could not find this on the forum if it had been posted anywhere but is there a LRR server/guild on SWTOR? I picked up the game as free to play the other day and i am finding that it is irritating having to rely on randos for heroics and such. Again appologies if this is already posted but I could not find it after searching for an hour.
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson...they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary...you can't gain anything without losing something first."
MetricFurlong
First Video: Phone Manner

Re: Star Wars the Old Republic

Postby MetricFurlong » 11 Mar 2015, 11:18

I'd be interested to know. I think I still have TOR installed and wouldn't be averse to firing it up again if people need numbers.
steven19913

Postby steven19913 » 11 Mar 2015, 16:40

If nothing else we could start it ourselves and be the starting point for people
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson...they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary...you can't gain anything without losing something first."
MetricFurlong

Postby MetricFurlong » 26 Mar 2015, 14:36

Doesn't seem to be anyone else then.
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 26 Mar 2015, 16:50

I have a bunch of characters on The Progenitor(EU server), but wouldn't really mind creating any new characters elsewhere if LRR folk decided to gather somewhere.
Hurp-De-Durp!
MetricFurlong

Postby MetricFurlong » 26 Mar 2015, 22:06

The Progenitor is fine with me, but then I'd be starting a new character regardless (my old highest level character was only about level 16 and hadn't been touched since before the skill tree was replaced) so server choice isn't going to be much of a problem.
Last edited by MetricFurlong on 28 Mar 2015, 13:03, edited 1 time in total.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 28 Mar 2015, 10:33

I play SWTOR, but I held off mentioning it because I didn't want to indirectly cause people to roll characters on my server, and then I lose interest.

I could roll other characters on other servers.

Currently I have a level 29 Sith Sorcerer which I don't want to play as again, but I have 7 other classes I could play as.
Last edited by Merrymaker_Mortalis on 29 Mar 2015, 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
MetricFurlong

Postby MetricFurlong » 29 Mar 2015, 09:20

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:I play SWTOR, but I held off mentioning it because I didn't want to indirectly cause people to roll characters on my server, and then I lose interest.

Fair enough, although if nobody advocates for a server than their may be some difficulties getting this off the ground :P

Maybe in the interests of getting this thing started we should just designate a server now. Since it's the only one anyone's mentioned by name, The Progenitor seems the obvious choice - so unless anyone has any objections I propose we go with that one.

My display name is the same as my handle here.

In terms of character choice, I'm leaning away from Jedi (played enough of them in KOTOR) and am a bit leery about Trooper due to it seeming a bit 'Mass Effect 2, but in Star Wars this time' (not helped that female trooper seems to essentially be Shep again).
So what I'm saying is I'm likely to end-up on the Imperial side of things.
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 29 Mar 2015, 13:58

Yeah, I have a couple of capped chars Imp side, but have had plans to roll a Sith Warrior, so I might do that soon in that case. I can't make any promises that I'll be very active though. :P

And if anyone doesn't want to reroll on The Progenitor then let it be known that I don't mind rerolling, since I'll probably do that no matter where we go.
Hurp-De-Durp!
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 29 Mar 2015, 14:25

I don't mind half rolling. I.E. have two mains split over two servers.

Imperial feels more interesting that republic since "Light Side" choices as Imps feel more engaging than "Dark Side" republic.

Thinking of being a Bounty Hunter.

(My Sith Sorc is on Red Eclipse, and it's level 29 not 38 [corrected it in previous post])
MetricFurlong

Postby MetricFurlong » 29 Mar 2015, 16:45

Deedles wrote:Yeah, I have a couple of capped chars Imp side, but have had plans to roll a Sith Warrior, so I might do that soon in that case. I can't make any promises that I'll be very active though. :P

No worries, SWTOR is pretty kind to solo play after all (in fact, given the morality bar choices, it seems almost to encourage it at times).
It'd just be nice, as Steve put it, to have some options for the heroic quests etc.

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:Imperial feels more interesting that republic since "Light Side" choices as Imps feel more engaging than "Dark Side" republic.

Yeah, my previous main was a Sith Agent and I was actually quite impressed by how they handled it.

I think part of the reason is that, from what I've seen*, the Republic lends itself more to the 'standard Bioware story' style, with the usual approach to decisions. With the Imperial side though the player character is more of a villain protagonist/anti-hero which requires a different approach, both in terms of general writing and in terms of what the ends of the bar represent.

I do also like that, from what I saw, the game doesn't seem to punish you for staying around the middle of the spectrum. Allows you to take each decision as it comes and as it is, rather then worrying about whether you're amassing enough red/blue points to avoid hobbling yourself later down the line.

In regards to character class, I'm still not entirely sure yet. I quite liked the Imperial Agent from a story perspective, although I wasn't hugely fond of how the operative path played (sniper might be better though) so I may roll-up one of them again. On the other hand, Grey Delisle is doing Bounty Hunter voicework...

Sith are also an option too. I do normally think Sith are a bit silly, but they may hold up better in a story from their perspective. Probably leaning more towards Inquisitor if I go that route.

*which isn't a lot, I admit.
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 29 Mar 2015, 19:27

I thought both the Sith Inquisitor and Warrior had great stories, they are hands down my favourites so far.
Hurp-De-Durp!
MetricFurlong

Postby MetricFurlong » 30 Mar 2015, 08:40

Deedles wrote:I thought both the Sith Inquisitor and Warrior had great stories, they are hands down my favourites so far.

You aren't making this any easier :P
steven19913

Postby steven19913 » 30 Mar 2015, 12:41

So how would you all feel about leveling all together on a new server?
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 30 Mar 2015, 13:12

I don't mind if it means socialness.
Sith sorc is a bit, dull.
Can try assassin now that I have a PC that runs stuff.

In-game name Gato'nos.
MetricFurlong

Postby MetricFurlong » 30 Mar 2015, 14:25

steven19913 wrote:So how would you all feel about leveling all together on a new server?

Any thoughts as to which?

I imagine we'd to want an English Language one, and, while I can't speak for anyone else, personally I'd prefer not to go for a PVP server so that means we'd be looking at one of the North American servers (East Coast would probably make the most sense time zone wise). The question then is if anyone has a preference for PvE or RP (if no one does, then I may just pick one at random).

Also, do you have any idea what character class you're likely to go for?
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 30 Mar 2015, 15:23

I too would like to play PvE/RP because I cannot stand PvP servers.
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 30 Mar 2015, 23:15

Yeah, I stuck to the Progenitor because it's a PvE/RP server.
Hurp-De-Durp!
MetricFurlong

Postby MetricFurlong » 31 Mar 2015, 09:15

Okay then, in that case we may as well go with The Ebon Hawk.
Antitonic
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Antitonic » 01 Apr 2015, 06:14

You guys have got me convinced to try playing again. What server did you settle on?
MetricFurlong

Postby MetricFurlong » 01 Apr 2015, 07:33

It's looking like The Ebon Hawk (one of the North American servers) unless anyone objects.
Antitonic
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Antitonic » 01 Apr 2015, 09:15

I played a little before realising I was on The Harbinger, so restarted on The Ebon Hawk.

Character name Teica, if that means anything. :P
MetricFurlong

Postby MetricFurlong » 01 Apr 2015, 13:06

Well, after some deliberation over the class selection, and substantially more time bashing my head against the wall of 'This character name is unavailable', Farian, the imperial agent, is up and running.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 02 Apr 2015, 07:53

I'll roll sometime. My friend from Spain is visiting until Wednesday so understandably I want to spend every free moment being a socialite.
MetricFurlong

Postby MetricFurlong » 02 Apr 2015, 13:40

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:I'll roll sometime. My friend from Spain is visiting until Wednesday so understandably I want to spend every free moment being a socialite.

Fair enough.

Antitonic wrote:I played a little before realising I was on The Harbinger, so restarted on The Ebon Hawk.

Character name Teica, if that means anything. :P

What class are you playing as?

Return to “Video Games”