Elite: Dangerous

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Elite: Dangerous

Postby Master Gunner » 01 Apr 2015, 09:26

So Elite:Dangerous has slowly being taking over DBChat and the fan streams (especially Lambmower and HPBrainCase, so is anyone here playing it too?

There's also the non-LRR/Runner streamer Bad News Baron, who is largely responsible for dragging us into Elite, and we've being taking over his chat in return.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Re: Elite: Dangerous

Postby empath » 03 Apr 2015, 05:27

This is jumping to the front of my 'to get' list ($75cad...)

...and now that I've got a shiny, new computer it might be the game that I make my inaugural stream with.
ANeMzero
First Video: 1337

Postby ANeMzero » 03 Apr 2015, 07:57

empath wrote:This is jumping to the front of my 'to get' list ($75cad...)

$75? It is only $70cad on Steam.

It is also on my wishlist, but sadly the price is a bit too high. Plus with a 2 year old graphics card and an 8 year old mobo and processor, I'm probably going to have to wait until I upgrade my hardware.
and now; back to me.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 03 Apr 2015, 09:16

The game is actually absurdly well optimized, so a 2 year old graphics card is not an issue (I know people that have managed it on a 3 or 4 year old graphics card). I don't know if your mobo might cause an issue, though.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Volafortis
First Video: I am a spam bot.

Postby Volafortis » 03 Apr 2015, 14:37

I have it, but I haven't really gotten too into it yet. I have a ton of other games to play, and I've only got a M&K at the moment. Hopefully I'll be getting a joystick soon, and I'll be able to enjoy it more.
CtMolloy

Postby CtMolloy » 03 Apr 2015, 20:44

I've had Elite: Dangerous for a while. I got bored with it pretty quickly though. I might give it another play. Maybe it will engage me a bit more now.
GarfaceMcGar
First Video: The Secret Life of Toast

Postby GarfaceMcGar » 14 Apr 2015, 16:40

I play. Fallen off the wagon a bit lately in favour of MH4 but if anyone pings me on here I'd be happy to jump on for some Wings action. I'm CMDR GarfaceMcGar in-game
AmzRigh
First Video: Reduce Your Footprint

Postby AmzRigh » 27 Apr 2015, 11:18

I was playing for a while...got frustrated and stopped when I couldn't affect some local politics, but now that Powerplay is coming out, I'll probably be back into it again. CMDR AmzRigh.

Speaking of Powerplay, what factions do the rest of you align yourselves with? So far, I've primarily been building rep with the Federation, so it'll probably be a Fed faction I play for.
Caveant Mundi game studio
Throne of Games & Thursday Throne, streaming live Thursdays & Saturdays at 9pm ET

empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 05 Jun 2015, 09:02

Welp, I doubt I'm the first even here to have pulled this off, but I've charted a whole star system for the first time last night. :)

Look up Praea Euq KS-K C8-19 and you'll find it was 'first discovered' by none other than Jadedcynic. Oh, and it's got a suitable planet for terraforming and a handful of metal-rich planets. Got a pretty penny for bringing in that report...

...and as soon as I unload that info, I check the news and discover that there's a call for Sirius Corp is making a big 'colonization rush' and asking for any cartographic scans to be brought to a specific station for bonuses... :roll:

Oh well. :lol:

Return to “Video Games”