LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby King Kool » 04 Apr 2015, 11:50

OK, finally got on.

Is everything black and there's no onscreen text for me because of the permission system, or because my computer sucks?
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Postby ChroniclerC » 04 Apr 2015, 13:23

So, as information continues to grow, could we get a "homepage" of sorts (like we used to have with lrrcraft.com)? Have stuff like server address, link to the dynamap, list of commands and rules...
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 04 Apr 2015, 13:50

LambMower wrote:Additionally the DynMap login is now working so you can now chat with people from outside the game.

/warp list - Shows you the list of warps you can use in the previous command
Neither of these work.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 04 Apr 2015, 13:59

/warp list works for me, it just tells me there are no warps.
LambMower
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby LambMower » 04 Apr 2015, 14:10

King Kool wrote:OK, finally got on.

Is everything black and there's no onscreen text for me because of the permission system, or because my computer sucks?

Uh... the permission system shouldn't make you blind, so there's something else happening there

ChroniclerC wrote:So, as information continues to grow, could we get a "homepage" of sorts (like we used to have with lrrcraft.com)? Have stuff like server address, link to the dynamap, list of commands and rules...

Me and Cheese have talked about this, it's probably something that will happen but we'll need someone who can actually make the page. Might talk to Uno about it

AdmiralMemo wrote:
LambMower wrote:Additionally the DynMap login is now working so you can now chat with people from outside the game.

/warp list - Shows you the list of warps you can use in the previous command
Neither of these work.

Dynmap should work, /warp list doesn't display warps because there are none yet
Eryndil
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby Eryndil » 04 Apr 2015, 14:31

undecided44 wrote:CAN ANYONE SPEAK TO THE SPAWN SUBWAY SOUTHERN BRANCH PLANS? I was planning for four travel lanes with outside lanes for local bridge crossing, and inside distance travel-spawn to as yet unnamed terminus in the south.

I'm (slowly) working on a Subway system in/around the Shallowslake and Inner Sea area. I was planning on linking it up with the Southern Branch, but that's sort of very long term sort of plan. (Unless the main Subway starts going a lot further south )
squaredotcube
First Video: Ways to Whiten your Teeth

Postby squaredotcube » 04 Apr 2015, 17:28

I think I figured out our shop problems. Apparently we've been skipping a step in the villager NPC setup that would give us a specific skin instead of a random one. I noticed the villagers would change, but didn't think anything of it.

Why it didn't show up I don't know myself, but from what I can tell it popped up after I created the horse NPC in the tack shop, followed by me trying to fix the stores being the same. Unfortunately, they're now stuck on the pawn shop store, so I guess we need to cycle them until they're all fixed.

Edit: I got around the problem through /sremove, and did some further testing. It seems like Better Shops does not handle multiple entities well at all, which isn't a good sign. Maybe check its forums or bug tracker to see if this is a common issue?

Also, on a scale of 1 to 10, how hard is it to navigate Spawntown? What is the most common problems with the city?
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 04 Apr 2015, 23:15

My problem is that I keep thinking that you get to Spawn looking North, when you're actually looking South, so I get turned around, direction-wise. Also, some sort of map showing where everything is would be great. It's easy to get places, but knowing where places are, what they do, or that they even exist is probably the big thing.

I'm not sure if your 1-10 rating is 1=hard or 10=hard, so I can't rate it just yet.

LambMower

Postby LambMower » 05 Apr 2015, 04:34

AdmiralMemo wrote:My problem is that I keep thinking that you get to Spawn looking North, when you're actually looking South, so I get turned around, direction-wise. Also, some sort of map showing where everything is would be great. It's easy to get places, but knowing where places are, what they do, or that they even exist is probably the big thing.

I'm not sure if your 1-10 rating is 1=hard or 10=hard, so I can't rate it just yet.

Ah, you must have missed the dynmap, http://lrrmap.rebellious.uno/
Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 05 Apr 2015, 06:37

So how do you set icons for the Dynomap?
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 05 Apr 2015, 07:31

I think I figured it out. I need something called Spigot. I don't know what that is, and every instruction out there as far as how to play Spigot is instructions on how to run a Spigot server.

I think I need an adult.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
LambMower

Postby LambMower » 05 Apr 2015, 08:01

Valkyrie-Lemons wrote:So how do you set icons for the Dynomap?

You put icon=<icon> on the sign. To see what icons are available you use the commands /dmarker icons

King Kool wrote:I think I figured it out. I need something called Spigot. I don't know what that is, and every instruction out there as far as how to play Spigot is instructions on how to run a Spigot server.

I think I need an adult.

Spigot is the server wrapper the server runs on, you shouldn't need anything else than a standard Minecraft 1.8+ installation. Make sure you have the latest Minecraft version, remove your .minecraft folder from %appdata% and download it again from http://www.minecraft.com if that does not work
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 05 Apr 2015, 08:14

squaredotcube wrote:I think I figured out our shop problems. Apparently we've been skipping a step in the villager NPC setup that would give us a specific skin instead of a random one. I noticed the villagers would change, but didn't think anything of it.

Why it didn't show up I don't know myself, but from what I can tell it popped up after I created the horse NPC in the tack shop, followed by me trying to fix the stores being the same. Unfortunately, they're now stuck on the pawn shop store, so I guess we need to cycle them until they're all fixed.

Does that mean we can make Robert Reily look like Beej instead of a standard villager?
Exachix
First Video: The Shavening

Postby Exachix » 05 Apr 2015, 09:54

Hullo all,

I just want to check that the place I'm aiming to build is availible for such things.

I've started on the snow-island around here
x:-1350 to -1080
z:2441 to 2100.

Username: Exachix.
Littha
First Video: Phailhouse

Postby Littha » 05 Apr 2015, 10:33

After watching the screen I got an urge to build something... Could I please get build rights for the server?
Username: Anosse
squaredotcube

Postby squaredotcube » 05 Apr 2015, 18:51

Underground market is open and ready to take offers for shops. Currently we have 15 deluxe spaces but will build standard sizes soon.

Deluxe stores are 6x7x5 in size, while standard stores will be 3x5x4.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 05 Apr 2015, 22:57

LambMower wrote:
AdmiralMemo wrote:My problem is that I keep thinking that you get to Spawn looking North, when you're actually looking South, so I get turned around, direction-wise. Also, some sort of map showing where everything is would be great. It's easy to get places, but knowing where places are, what they do, or that they even exist is probably the big thing.

Ah, you must have missed the dynmap, http://lrrmap.rebellious.uno/
*facepalms* If I missed it, why was I complaining about the login for it not working just a few posts earlier? (I finally did get that working, by the way.)

Point being, how do I view the dynmap from within the game?

The in-game map at Spawn and the top-down view of the dynmap are basically useless, as you can't tell what most of the buildings actually are, and the isometric view is only marginally better, since half the buildings are obscured by other buildings (unless there is a way to rotate the view that I missed). Even so, I need to switch programs back and forth repeatedly between dynmap and Minecraft to navigate, which is annoying, and that's even if I can figure out whether I'm headed to the right building in the first place.

Like I said, once I remember where a building is and what it's for, I can navigate pretty easily.

AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 06 Apr 2015, 00:10

3 Feature Requests with regard to the economy/shops:

1. Putting a crafting table somewhere inside the Pawn Shop. I found out he doesn't buy damaged gold swords, so a crafting table could fix that up. Also, maybe you'd like to craft a bunch of nuggets into ingots, or ingots into blocks.

2. Being able to sell more than 1 item at a time. If you have stacks of something, or even just 20-odd, clicking so many times can be annoying.

3. Opening your shopping cart at the vendors clears it after you go "back" to the other screen, if you don't buy it right then. That's not very helpful. You might have been deciding and have forgotten what you added or how much specifically.

Edit: Found out that it doesn't actually clear it, and the items are still in the cart, but you just can't see them. But when you check out, you still do buy them. Now, I've got extras I wasn't planning on buying. :|

And one non-economic idea: Since you have a PO Box system in Spawn, and a mail system in the plugins, why not combine them? I can't see how it's set up, but if it's anything like the one from LRRcraft, just replace the block that the comparator feeds into with a command block, and have it set a command sending a mail saying "You have items in your PO Box."

squaredotcube

Postby squaredotcube » 06 Apr 2015, 10:42

On the Dynmap thing, hover your mouse to the right edge and a menu will pop up. Change the overworld map to Surface and you'll get an isomeric perspective.

And for the demands, 1 I can do but 2 and 3 can't be done thanks to the limitations of the plugin. We're lucky enough to get NPCs stably running.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 06 Apr 2015, 11:24

squaredotcube wrote:On the Dynmap thing, hover your mouse to the right edge and a menu will pop up. Change the overworld map to Surface and you'll get an isomeric perspective.
AdmiralMemo wrote:the isometric view is only marginally better, since half the buildings are obscured by other buildings (unless there is a way to rotate the view that I missed).
Emphasis added. Is there a way to rotate the view so the buildings in the NW don't get covered by the buildings in the SE?

Exachix
First Video: The Shavening

Postby Exachix » 06 Apr 2015, 14:17

AdmiralMemo wrote:2. Being able to sell more than 1 item at a time. If you have stacks of something, or even just 20-odd, clicking so many times can be annoying.

3. Opening your shopping cart at the vendors clears it after you go "back" to the other screen, if you don't buy it right then. That's not very helpful. You might have been deciding and have forgotten what you added or how much specifically.

Regarding these:

When buying, if you shift-click it'll add it to your cart. When doing so, you can ask to add an entire stack of something rather than one induvidual item, and it'll add the stack to the cart.
You can then add more items and finally pay for them in one go.

To clarify:
1. Shift-click the item you want,
2. On this screen the emerald icon has a tooltip with the number of what you're buying. you can increase by a stack, or decrease by a stack with the green and red zones (if I remember correctly). A yellow zone in the bottom-right corner will confirm your choice and add to cart.
3. Select more items in the same way.
4. At the top of the shop interface is a chest which has the tooltip of your 'cart'. Click on this and you can buy all the stuff you've selected.

This may also work when selling, but I've not tested it.

And I've only tested it when buying from a player shop (which was a chest). This may not work with the NPCs depending on the differences.
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Omega Lairon » 06 Apr 2015, 14:17

The latest round of server-side / command changes are... a little disorienting for me too. The most glaring being that I can't get /tp to work anymore... tells me I don't have permissions as part of the "essentials" package. So from that, I assume this is because /tp has been replaced by /home and /spawn and the like, which I'm *really* not much of a fan of. It just feels like a much less efficient /tp, with my options cut down from "basically anywhere" to "2 exact places". Unless of course I'm doing something seriously stupid / wrong, which is totally possible.

Also, because I continue to be a dumbs - some minor stuff I could use a little help with:

* Putting icons on the dynmap
* Changing username colour in-game
* Clarifying what the red ring on the dynamp means (I assume a world building limit).
* Clarifying what restrictions, if any, there are for the dynmap chat - re: commands and such

Haven't had much of a look at all the economy stuff yet, but I'm sure I'll be back soon to grumble about how change is scary and "you darn kids get off my lawn", etc.

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 06 Apr 2015, 22:59

Exachix wrote:
AdmiralMemo wrote:2. Being able to sell more than 1 item at a time. If you have stacks of something, or even just 20-odd, clicking so many times can be annoying.

Regarding these:

When buying, if you shift-click it'll add it to your cart. When doing so, you can ask to add an entire stack of something rather than one individual item, and it'll add the stack to the cart.
You can then add more items and finally pay for them in one go.

To clarify:
1. Shift-click the item you want,
2. On this screen the emerald icon has a tooltip with the number of what you're buying. you can increase by a stack, or decrease by a stack with the green and red zones (if I remember correctly). A yellow zone in the bottom-right corner will confirm your choice and add to cart.
3. Select more items in the same way.
4. At the top of the shop interface is a chest which has the tooltip of your 'cart'. Click on this and you can buy all the stuff you've selected.

This may also work when selling, but I've not tested it.

And I've only tested it when buying from a player shop (which was a chest). This may not work with the NPCs depending on the differences.
Yes, I'm quite well aware of how the shops work. (But thanks for the in-depth explanation, as it might help someone else. :) ) However, for selling, you cannot do that. You cannot "cart" anything either. You only have the option to click on the item, then click on either "Sell" or "Cancel" on the next screen.

I was told that there was no way to change the selling mechanics, but that doesn't seem right to me. You can see that he'll play $# for an item and his "Asking Amount" is 1 of the item. I don't know why you couldn't simply change the "Asking Amount" number to something other than 1. If it truly is a plugin-side limitation, then I blame the developers for designing a bad product.

Also, regarding the third thing, I did edit my post later to mention that the "disappearing cart" thing was a visual bug only, and the items are still there. :)

Player Shops and NPCs appear to have the same interface to me.
Omega Lairon wrote:The most glaring being that I can't get /tp to work anymore... tells me I don't have permissions as part of the "essentials" package. So from that, I assume this is because /tp has been replaced by /home and /spawn and the like, which I'm *really* not much of a fan of. It just feels like a much less efficient /tp, with my options cut down from "basically anywhere" to "2 exact places". Unless of course I'm doing something seriously stupid / wrong, which is totally possible.
There's still /tpa and /tpahere which can get you to other players/get other players to you. Mods should still be able to use /tp normally, from what I understand, though.
Omega Lairon wrote:* Putting icons on the dynmap
I tried doing this and was told I didn't have permission, so I'm not sure if it's currently mod-only or not.
Omega Lairon wrote:* Changing username colour in-game
This one is really simple. You can set your name to anything you want by using /nick Whatever
To get the colors, you use the & character, followed by a specific code letter or number. The following is the list of numbers and letters and what they do (lifted from this page):

• &0 = Black
  • &1 = Dark Blue
  • &2 = Dark Green
  • &3 = Dark Aqua
  • &4 = Dark Red
  • &5 = Dark Purple
  • &6 = Gold
  • &7 = Gray
  • &8 = Dark Gray
  • &9 = Blue
  • &a = Green
  • &b = Aqua
  • &c = Red
  • &d = Light Purple
  • &e = Yellow
  • &f = White
  • &k = Obfuscated (the rapidly-changing symbols) (not enabled on this server)
  • &l = Bold
  • &m = Strikethrough
  • &n = Underline
  • &o = Italic
  • &r = Reset (clears any previous codes)

So, for example, say you wanted your name in yellow and dark red. You'd type: /nick &eOmega&4Lairon
That would change your name to OmegaLairon in the chat.
Omega Lairon wrote:* Clarifying what the red ring on the dynamp means (I assume a world building limit).
Yep. It's the world barrier. You can't travel past there. (Well, you can technically, but there's a field that kills you quickly if you do.)

TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 07 Apr 2015, 01:30

Thanks for the build permissions. I'll likely hop on after work tonight / tomorrow (pending on your time zone) & get started.

Did a little test on my Alpha & things seem stable (60 fps @ ~1080p). :D. Now, if I can get comfortable with the trackpad & get control of the TV from my roommates, I'll be in business.
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)
zeth_russ
First Video: Meatshroom

Postby zeth_russ » 07 Apr 2015, 13:01

I've been looking at some iron farm designs for building on the server. I've tested various Designs and noticed that all designs with auto-rebuild stop working on spigot. Since I do want to build outside of spawn chunks auto-rebuild is quite essential.
I've googled a bit and then resorted to reading the code. Turns out the entity activation range performance feature of spigot breaks the delicate timing these farms employ (the function only ticks villagers 1/4th of the time if they are more than 32 blocks away). After I turned off the activation range for villagers things started to look much better.

I would like to build the farm above (Made by DanielKoetes, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKP-WvCdo9s) on our server. With some creative setting of the idle spot for re-creation the current farm setup might even work, but would still be quite shaky(you cant even move a block to the left or right).

Could we increase the activation range value for animals by 5 or 10 to give this a better chance of working reliably?

Heres some pictures showing the rebuild and ranges: http://imgur.com/a/0TUtl

Return to “Video Games”