LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
The Noob Lord
First Video: no idea

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby The Noob Lord » 07 Apr 2015, 16:31

What is teh address of the current server? I tried Lrrcraft as well as the IP but could not connect
LambMower
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby LambMower » 07 Apr 2015, 17:20

Alright so let me clarify one thing, we have one rule on the server "Don't be a dick", commonly known as the rule of Wheaton.

Thanks to petty bullshit you'd expect to see from second graders, the rule was broken. I place huge expectations on the LRR community and it hurts when you see those expectations dashed.

If any more incidents happen, report them to a mod. If none are online, PM me on the forums or find me in the DBChat or @LambMower on twitter. We follow only the rule of Wheaton and none stand above the rule, if they can't follow such a simple rule, they don't belong on our server.
The Noob Lord
First Video: no idea

Postby The Noob Lord » 07 Apr 2015, 18:03

Is there a whitelist or do I just have the wrong IP?
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 07 Apr 2015, 22:36

LRRcraft is not currently available. LRRMC is up and you can get to it at lrrmc.rebellious.uno
LambMower wrote:Alright so let me clarify one thing, we have one rule on the server "Don't be a dick", commonly known as the rule of Wheaton.

Thanks to petty bullshit you'd expect to see from second graders, the rule was broken. I place huge expectations on the LRR community and it hurts when you see those expectations dashed.

If any more incidents happen, report them to a mod. If none are online, PM me on the forums or find me in the DBChat or @LambMower on twitter. We follow only the rule of Wheaton and none stand above the rule, if they can't follow such a simple rule, they don't belong on our server.
I think the key problem is that different people define "being a ****" differently, and something that is ****ish to one person is not ****ish to another person.

That's basically how we ended up with 13 rules on LRRcraft, because we had to define what ****ish behavior was explicitly after various arguments between players. Wheaton's Law was "Rule 0" and was the overriding rule.

I mean, it happens in other places, and in the real world. Why do you see so many warning labels on things? Because someone tried to do it. Why are many laws passed? Because at least one person did something that caused the law to be enacted.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

MagisterMystax
First Video: The Innistrad hat draft on MTGO academy

Postby MagisterMystax » 07 Apr 2015, 23:38

Given that most of it is stealing, which pretty obviously falls into the dick category, I don't think confusion about the rules is the issue.
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
LambMower

Postby LambMower » 08 Apr 2015, 00:39

AdmiralMemo wrote:LRRcraft is not currently available. LRRMC is up and you can get to it at lrrmc.rebellious.uno
LambMower wrote:Alright so let me clarify one thing, we have one rule on the server "Don't be a dick", commonly known as the rule of Wheaton.

I think the key problem is that different people define "being a ****" differently, and something that is ****ish to one person is not ****ish to another person.

That's basically how we ended up with 13 rules on LRRcraft, because we had to define what ****ish behavior was explicitly after various arguments between players. Wheaton's Law was "Rule 0" and was the overriding rule.

I mean, it happens in other places, and in the real world. Why do you see so many warning labels on things? Because someone tried to do it. Why are many laws passed? Because at least one person did something that caused the law to be enacted.

I don't see at all how burying someone's stuff because they made a joke about virtual rabbits doesn't go under the rule "Don't be a dick". I've reviewed the entire situation, you acted petty and you've earned yourself a 2 week temp ban. You're revenge against this other player was completely unjustified, hell even your response to their obviously completely harmless jokes in the original conversation were also completely unjustified. See you in 2 weeks.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 08 Apr 2015, 00:55

MagisterMystax wrote:Given that most of it is stealing, which pretty obviously falls into the dick category, I don't think confusion about the rules is the issue.
That's all well and good, and that should be obvious, but I'm just forewarning, since LambMower appears to believe that "Wheaton's Law" seems to be a magic silver bullet, where it's the only thing needed. In a perfect world where everyone knows everything about everything and everybody, and no one makes mistakes, yeah, it would be.

But that's not the world we live in, unfortunately. It is, of course, up to the mods and admins to determine what behavior is "being a ****" and that is their prerogative. But, I'm just saying that if you don't have clearly-outlined rules, there will be issues in the future.
LambMower wrote:I don't see at all how burying someone's stuff because they made a joke about virtual rabbits doesn't go under the rule "Don't be a dick". I've reviewed the entire situation, you acted petty and you've earned yourself a 2 week temp ban. You're revenge against this other player was completely unjustified, hell even your response to their obviously completely harmless jokes in the original conversation were also completely unjustified. See you in 2 weeks.
I didn't consider it to be. I define "being a ****" as "doing malicious acts for your own enjoyment or pleasure" and my actions did not fall under that. Sure, they weren't "nice" but I was, in my mind, teaching a lesson, and not deriving pleasure from it. Do you define "being a ****" differently, and if so, how?

2 weeks? That's kind of harsh, in my opinion. I never gave a 2-week ban on LRRcraft. But, like I said, you're the mods, and you make the rules and dole out the punishments, so whatever you say is law, and we'll have to deal with it.

Edit: For the record, since tone of voice is not conveyed well on the Internet, I am not upset or angry about this. Just to let you know.

LambMower

Postby LambMower » 08 Apr 2015, 01:07

AdmiralMemo wrote:
MagisterMystax wrote:Given that most of it is stealing, which pretty obviously falls into the dick category, I don't think confusion about the rules is the issue.
That's all well and good, and that should be obvious, but I'm just forewarning, since LambMower appears to believe that "Wheaton's Law" seems to be a magic silver bullet, where it's the only thing needed. In a perfect world where everyone knows everything about everything and everybody, and no one makes mistakes, yeah, it would be.

But that's not the world we live in, unfortunately. It is, of course, up to the mods and admins to determine what behavior is "being a ****" and that is their prerogative. But, I'm just saying that if you don't have clearly-outlined rules, there will be issues in the future.
LambMower wrote:I don't see at all how burying someone's stuff because they made a joke about virtual rabbits doesn't go under the rule "Don't be a dick". I've reviewed the entire situation, you acted petty and you've earned yourself a 2 week temp ban. You're revenge against this other player was completely unjustified, hell even your response to their obviously completely harmless jokes in the original conversation were also completely unjustified. See you in 2 weeks.
I didn't consider it to be. I define "being a ****" as "doing malicious acts for your own enjoyment or pleasure" and my actions did not fall under that. Sure, they weren't "nice" but I was, in my mind, teaching a lesson, and not deriving pleasure from it. Do you define "being a ****" differently, and if so, how?

2 weeks? That's kind of harsh, in my opinion. I never gave a 2-week ban on LRRcraft. But, like I said, you're the mods, and you make the rules and dole out the punishments, so whatever you say is law, and we'll have to deal with it.

Wheaton's law should be enough in this community, because we are all bloody adults and we should be able to act like it. We've only had two incidents on the server so far, the theft issues related to a player who had never even heard about LRR to begin with and your whole "Teaching a lesson" thing. I've read the logs, you were completely unjustified and were acting like a dick every step of the process. Under ANYONE'S definition of the rule "Don't be a dick" they would see this as being a dick. Or should we have to add a specific "Don't bury someones stuff if they joke about virtual rabbits" rule? For fucks sake man, you're an effin adult, act like it.

Edit: Lets just all add that you have absolutely no power or permission letting you "teach someone a lesson". Next time? Contact a damn mod, that's what we're here for.
squaredotcube
First Video: Ways to Whiten your Teeth

Postby squaredotcube » 08 Apr 2015, 12:57

Moving on...

For those who have built or plan to build railways, take a look at the two prototypes up on the rocky hill behind the newly-built andesite/diorite tower. One serves as a parallel rail switch for those who want to branch off from the main rail, while the other is a two-way stop system made for points on a line.
ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Postby ChroniclerC » 08 Apr 2015, 12:57

Lighter topic.

Memo, how did you keep Pigmen off the tracks in the Nether Rail? I don't recall it ever being a problem before.
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 08 Apr 2015, 16:26

Looking at the map. what are your guy's thoughts on creating a bridge near the TNT Cannon eastward across to the Other Continent?
Sky_rider19
First Video: It's Magic!

Postby Sky_rider19 » 08 Apr 2015, 16:45

ChroniclerC wrote:Lighter topic.

Memo, how did you keep Pigmen off the tracks in the Nether Rail? I don't recall it ever being a problem before.

There were plenty of pigmen on the rails. It's a problem that's not going to be fixed I don't think.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 08 Apr 2015, 17:38

ChroniclerC wrote:Memo, how did you keep Pigmen off the tracks in the Nether Rail? I don't recall it ever being a problem before.
As was basically said... with swords. :D
Especially if you use Nether Brick or Netherrack as your building material, as they can spawn on those rather than just wander onto them.

undecided44

Postby undecided44 » 08 Apr 2015, 18:27

squaredotcube wrote:Moving on...

For those who have built or plan to build railways, take a look at the two prototypes up on the rocky hill behind the newly-built andesite/diorite tower. One serves as a parallel rail switch for those who want to branch off from the main rail, while the other is a two-way stop system made for points on a line.

Thanks for the samples squaredotcube. The switch system will be helpful as we start trying to link rail systems together.

Eryndil wrote:I'm (slowly) working on a Subway system in/around the Shallowslake and Inner Sea area. I was planning on linking it up with the Southern Branch, but that's sort of very long term sort of plan. (Unless the main Subway starts going a lot further south )

Thanks for joining in Eryndil, but my server geography is not great. Where in the overland is Shallowslake? I've been working out my present footprint with the settlers in the x=-270, z=1970-2150 range so I don't go barging through their builds, but I expect I'll need a right turn to head somewhere as things get real crowded as my bridge moves further north.

Bye the way, I'm now only about a section or two away from landfall on the north side, and starting to plan the "short" span [only about 200 blocks] headed south. And you can see the bridge from space...

[ssspaaaaaaacccccce...]
building on Uno's Minecraft server as ff4ede (pronounced as an exaggerated version of forty).
TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 09 Apr 2015, 01:01

Just to give a heads up (just to avoid zoning / planning conflicts), I'll be developing the area around -1900, 100 (& planning on officially filing once I get a reasonable structure up & I'll get a map marker in place... although -1035, 175 is pretty good spot to build as well, but that's for another time). Since I tend to have some sprawling development tendencies (as resources permit), now will probably be a good time to set up any personal development boundaries.

Any roads / paths developed between my place & existing infrastructure I build will be considered "public works", so there's no harsh feeling if anybody wants to modify said stuff... but it'll be pretty minimal stuff. Such developments will likely connect around -930, 165 based on the current map ("as is" & subject to change with minimal notice... mostly to accommodate any new developments that occur in the meantime).

Just my 2 KB on the rules, the Wheaton's Law is good & all... but as the D&D rule books state: "Specific beats General". Nobody likes writing rules (myself included), but people's definitions of "a dick" varies GREATLY & such guidance may be necessary.

I could write a rant about that (& almost did), but I'll just leave it as such.
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 09 Apr 2015, 05:50

Oh wat... MCEdit DECIDED TO LOAD! Smoke chunks erry day!

Edit: I never realized how much I had become dependent upon listening to podcasts while working on this. Not doing it on a Tuesday when Magnum Rewatch comes out made a difference in my flow. (I did find something to replace it to listen to.)

eostby
First Video: The first Friday Nights

Postby eostby » 09 Apr 2015, 11:44

TStodden wrote:Just to give a heads up (just to avoid zoning / planning conflicts), I'll be developing the area around -1900, 100 (& planning on officially filing once I get a reasonable structure up & I'll get a map marker in place... although -1035, 175 is pretty good spot to build as well, but that's for another time). Since I tend to have some sprawling development tendencies (as resources permit), now will probably be a good time to set up any personal development boundaries.

Any roads / paths developed between my place & existing infrastructure I build will be considered "public works", so there's no harsh feeling if anybody wants to modify said stuff... but it'll be pretty minimal stuff. Such developments will likely connect around -930, 165 based on the current map ("as is" & subject to change with minimal notice... mostly to accommodate any new developments that occur in the meantime).

Some of your future development plans sound like they might be close to my house/farm and mine, so should you get around that area, just let me know, and we can figure out how to meld our plans together (spoiler: mine aren't going to be very complex, just lots of digging).
Rogue_Magic on the LRRCraft and LRRMC servers; visit my LRRCraft house near 423, -353 and my LRRMC house near -972, 195

Stand against the Pardonf**k!

Follow me on Twitter @ericostby
emberBecky
First Video: Pocket Planes

Postby emberBecky » 09 Apr 2015, 16:30

Hey all! Just started on the server today. It's my first time doing multi-player minecraft (I've played single player for several years) so I'm excited but sort of nervous about accidentally messing with other folks' stuff.

I made a land claim at the surveyor's office after checking the other claims there. I'm reposting it here just in case someone here wanted it and I didn't know. It's 422, 845 to 590,1063. It's mostly grassland south of the swamp that's just southeast of spawn.
Let me know if there's any problem with that.

See you all in game! =D
TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 10 Apr 2015, 02:33

I still have a lot to build around my place, are a bit of a low priority for me. My priority list so far is...

1) Build a basic house (Enough for safety & storage)
2) Establish farm for food supply (want to avoid draining public resources in SpawnTown, since the public farm there is inaccessible)
3) Construct Automatic Charcoal Maker & Cobblestone Generator (or get access to these until I can make my own) -- practical stoneworks
4) Construct bridge(s) around home (to get over the waterways)
5) Start Public Works Path
6) Expand home into a mini-village / outpost (potential sprawls)

When I get to building the path, I'll use the DynaMap to survey the area first before I start with the initial guide line (practically a line of cobblestone tracing the desire path). This is mostly to help with any potential issues (like trees or terrain) in the nearby area & address them before expanding the guideline into a full path (3 blocks wide). Initial plans will be heading south to roughly -1900, 175 before heading east; then head north to connect to existing roadways.

The scale of the path (in terms of distance) will require at least 60 stacks of cobblestone to complete, but could easily break 90 stacks with bridges, safety rails & steps. Tunneling will be kept to a minimum as this is geared as a surface path. If glowstone is relatively available (in shops at least), I'd likely add some lighting to the path & signs.

However, this is only initial plans (I know, they seem a bit grandiose) & can be modified to accommodate those in that path to minimize potential issues with others. If there's any conflicts, give me a heads up (or at least a PM) to work with those along the path on this.
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)
Rikadyn
First Video: the pub

Postby Rikadyn » 10 Apr 2015, 02:48

how icon on map?
the heart knows no greater tragedy than a breath that begins in love and ends in grief...
Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 10 Apr 2015, 04:29

Put a sign on the map and then for the text type:

[dynmap]
icon:sign
Example text.

That would get you a sign icon. So you can replace the word sign with Skull, or Temple etc. To find more icons use "/dmarker icons" in chat.

Note, that I can't remember if it's dynmap or dynamap. So if one doesn't work, it's likely to be the other.

If it works, the first two lines of the sign should be blank.
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
Rikadyn
First Video: the pub

Postby Rikadyn » 10 Apr 2015, 04:41

worked, interestingly enough the warning marker is a radioactive symbol and i've building a nuke plant so....
the heart knows no greater tragedy than a breath that begins in love and ends in grief...
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 10 Apr 2015, 04:57

Valkyrie-Lemons wrote:Put a sign on the map and then for the text type:

[dynmap]
Example text.

That would get you a sign icon. So you can replace the word sign with Skull, or Temple etc. To find more icons use "/dmarker icons" in chat.

Note, that I can't remember if it's dynmap or dynamap. So if one doesn't work, it's likely to be the other.

If it works, the first two lines of the sign should be blank.
And, if you want to center the text on the sign instead of having it lop-sided, you can do:

[Dynmap]
Text
More Text

SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 10 Apr 2015, 05:26

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to create some sort of standard design for road signs, rather than just have a bunch of signs scattered.
Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 10 Apr 2015, 06:07

Standardisation? Next you'll be saying we should be using the Metric system!
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!

Return to “Video Games”