I, Horner

Discuss your favourite LRR streams!
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

I, Horner

Postby Paul » 12 Jan 2015, 09:19

Join Ian, a master of ephemera, for an adventure in the obscure. It could be an import game that never got across the Pacific, or just a game that never got fair dues in its day, either way, iHorner will guide you.
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Re: I, Horner

Postby plummeting_sloth » 28 Jan 2015, 11:12

You know, it took me until the constant time-skips with messing up the warehouse section to realize it, but either Ryo consistently cuts his face in the same spot shaving every single day, or that bandage is over some sort of horrifying unhealing sore.
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 24 Feb 2015, 18:13

My custom MtG cards for Ian's Shenmue play-through:
Shenmue - Click to Expand

I put in a few little neat details, like the date, the artist, the set name, and the set symbol. :)
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Arclight_Dynamo
First Video: Desert Bus 1

Postby Arclight_Dynamo » 07 Apr 2015, 20:59

I'm just going to put this here in case Ian goes looking for it. It strikes me funny. :)

Moussefilledkitten
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby Moussefilledkitten » 11 Apr 2015, 05:04

So, given Ian's penchant for odd rhythm games, do you think there's any chance we could get a Gitaroo Man stream? I suppose it would depend on if they have a way to stream PS Vita/PSP games (and if Ian even wants to play it).
7SecondsLeft
First Video: Checkpoint on PATV

Postby 7SecondsLeft » 15 Apr 2015, 04:18

Moussefilledkitten wrote:So, given Ian's penchant for odd rhythm games, do you think there's any chance we could get a Gitaroo Man stream? I suppose it would depend on if they have a way to stream PS Vita/PSP games (and if Ian even wants to play it).

I second this request. Gitaroo Man is my second favourite rhythm game after SC5.

Also, it was a PS2 game originally, which should be a little bit easier for them to stream - but then we would miss out on Ian and Heather/Cori/??? playing duet mode, assuming they had a way of getting two PSPs on screen at the same time?
Moussefilledkitten

Postby Moussefilledkitten » 16 Apr 2015, 10:41

7SecondsLeft wrote: Also, it was a PS2 game originally, which should be a little bit easier for them to stream

Yeah, but Jer removed the PS2 from the streaming office, sadly, so they would also need to get another of those.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 16 Apr 2015, 13:08

Are PS3 and PS4 not backwards-compatible with PS2?

Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 16 Apr 2015, 13:47

Early model PS3s were backwards compatible with PS2 games, but later models took out that capability, as I recall. I imagine the PS4 doesn't have the ability either.

That said, you could probably pick up a second-hand PS2 for pretty cheap.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 16 Apr 2015, 16:56

Yea, one model of PS3 that was only released at launch had PS2 support. I don't think PS4 added it in. The most support you'll get in terms of backwards playing is PS1 games on PS3.
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 16 Apr 2015, 17:22

According to this, the 20GB and 60GB NTSC Models of the Original PS3 has full backwards compatibility, while the 60GB PAL and some 80GB NTSC models are partially compatible via Software Emulation.

If it has 4 USB ports, then it should have some sort of compatibility.
Last edited by SAJewers on 17 Apr 2015, 05:00, edited 1 time in total.
ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Postby ritchards » 17 Apr 2015, 01:50

Heck, if there was an easy (ie cheap) was of getting it from NZ to Canada, I'd give them my PS2!
SohNata
First Video: Unskippable

Postby SohNata » 17 Apr 2015, 14:45

I think they secured another PS2 for Adam, but it wasn't working last Saturday.
Moussefilledkitten

Postby Moussefilledkitten » 19 Apr 2015, 17:25

Or they could use ps tv? It has an hdmi cable so gitaroo man should work (theoretically) as it's a psp game that one can download for vita.
ihorner
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby ihorner » 21 Apr 2015, 13:10

We do in fact have another PS2 in the streaming office so it is possible.
I'm going to look into Gitaroo Man as an addition for the next Rhythm Tuesday!
PMAvers
First Video: DB4

Postby PMAvers » 05 May 2015, 16:43

Ian, any thoughts about Chroma Squad?
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 10 Jun 2015, 03:06

Ian, after watching you play chroma squad several times I really want to point out several bits of strategy that you are really missing.

1. Finish off the Adds. When you are fighting a battle you keep spreading out your attacks. If your 5 guys punch 5 different enemies and get them to less than 10% health you have 5 enemies that will counter attack. If instead 3 of your guys punch new enemies then 2 of your guys finish off two only three will counter attack.

2. Prioritize your targets. If there are enemies who heal, enemies who can do multiattacks or enemies with special attacks they should be your first targets.

3. Use your special attacks effectivelySeveral of your personal weapons can kill an enemy with a single attack but frequently you use them on enemies that are already wounded. The sword attack can do 150 points of damage, if you use it on a enemy with 20 HP left you are wasting 130 damage.

4. Special Mecha attacks In the mecha battles each enemy has three health bars, green yellow and red damage from attacks on each bar do not carry over. In each battle you punched a enemy down to less than 3000 health on a bar then used your sword, bazooka or chest cannon, the sword and bazooka do 10,000-12,0000 damage and the chest cannon does over 20,000. Similar to the special attacks you are just throwing away damage.

5. Listen to Cori Cori keeps giving you amazing tips such as "your gun has a range of 4" and you reply "ok right" then move Kathleen 5 spaces away and say "OH NO im not in range"

6. Most importantly plan ahead a little Your show is super funny and I love the style of it but it hurts to see you lose battles because of basic strategy missteps. You have 5 fighters and you often miss out on attacks by having someone attack a close enemy when they should be attacking a far enemy.
If guy 1 kills A 2 kills C and 3 kills D 4 and 5 are left out of range.
if instead 1 skips back to b 2 goes after d and 3 takes on e 4 and 5 are still in range to hit A and C.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
SohNata

Postby SohNata » 12 Jun 2015, 03:15

Out of interest as I'm way behind and using the YT replays (The show is too late for me to watch live in the UK), did Ian end up finishing Shenmue, or did he just go back to it later to a point the replays aren't at?
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 15 Jun 2015, 17:52

Ian thought he was done with the Forklifts. I don't think he could have called Shenmue 3. (For serious, Shenmue 3 is getting a kickstarter to be made.)
ihorner

Postby ihorner » 30 Jul 2015, 12:55

Denizens of the Internet! It s now time to help me pick the next game that we will play on i, Horner.

Go, register your vote, and make your voice heard.

http://strawpoll.me/5075325
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 30 Jul 2015, 13:03

I've added it to LRRbot, set to end when your show starts. :-)

squaredotcube
First Video: Ways to Whiten your Teeth

Postby squaredotcube » 30 Jul 2015, 15:37

You might want to revise your poll a bit. Indigo Prophecy is Fahrenheit, and according to Twitch's banned list (http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/1992676-list-of-prohibited-games) the Director's Cut edition of this is there, so you may run the risk of getting accidentally banned by the content bots and have to wait several weeks while your appeal gets reviewed.
Trippzen

Postby Trippzen » 01 Aug 2015, 13:39

So there's a new Humble Bundle and it's all Japanese games. This includes Supercharged Robot VULKAISER (and Hyperdimension Neptunia). I don't know if you have any interest in shmup games but it looks entertainingly 70's and if Ian wants to try it I have a gift link that I can send to LRR.
Trippzen or Scy
Battle.net: Scy#1617
WoW: Scy (US-Proudmoore)
ihorner

Postby ihorner » 13 Aug 2015, 12:47

As per my voice on stream, here's the poll for y'all to decide whether or not I grind FFT on stream or at home.

http://strawpoll.me/5203930
Sektor88
First Video: I don't remember D:

Postby Sektor88 » 25 Aug 2015, 17:47

Here's a short list of games I'd classify as "Ian games" that I could think of off the top of my head:

Front Mission. Another Square Enix turn based SRPG, but with mechs. Front Mission 1 and 4 (on DS and PS2 respectively) are my personal favorites, but I know 3 is a fan favorite.

Gundam Battle Assault 2. (PS1) 2D sprite-based fighter, story modes might be a good way to do a bit of a stream.

Dynasty Warriors Gundam: Reborn (PS3) Some story mode content may be good for a bit of a stream, can get a bit repetitive to watch though.

Gundam Extreme VS. Full Boost. (PS3) 3rd person action game, online play is the main focus. Ridiculously large selection of playable suits. Alternatively, just wait a bit longer and try Gundam Extreme VS. Force since that's supposedly coming out in the future.

Super Robot Wars. Pretty much any one on PS3 or SNES / Super Famicom would be the best choice. Another SRPG, but featuring mecha from various anime. All in Japanese though, so not sure how much language comprehension would be necessary.

Alternatively, for the next Rhythm Tuesday:

Rez HD or Child of Eden on the Xbox 360. Would recommend Rez first since CoE is essentially a sequel. You could play them in either order though.

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”