LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Thanatos5150
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby Thanatos5150 » 28 Apr 2015, 02:32

Was he out by the LRRmore viewing point, because another guy found him and was looking for his home earlier too.
ChroinclerC and Sky later declared that he was probably a reject from their SuperHorse Breeding Programme and that he was Free to Whomever Wanted Him.
undecided44

Postby undecided44 » 28 Apr 2015, 04:42

romangoro wrote:@undecided44, for the record, feel free to take any resources you might need for your build from my house (all in the workshop inside my house) If you take trees, the rule would be cut one, plant all you can.

Thanks romangoro, I pushed through the forested island yesterday and found you had cleared the tunnel footprint past your place for me, so thanks a ton for the quick lurch forward. I've got some crown molding to put up and the track to lay, but the redstone and lighting now extend to the north exit of the tunnel near you ecological disaster (or at least someones lava-fall). If you've got gold or iron to spare for track, feel free to lay some along the northern end, and I've also got to bring the switch plan up to set up a junction house in the intersection of the tunnel and your foyer (and another at the tunnel narrowing at the start of the main span).

-edit:
Was good to chat with you this morning Chee32. I dug a quick access ramp down to follow your tunnel and it looks like a reasonable option, but the terminus in your house is a bit concerning to me: I don't want to go plowing through your building, and it leaves the track on the west of spawn, north of the south subway station making the directions out of spawn a bit confusing. I'm inclined to leave your tunnel as it is and focus on an overland route (from the north end of the bridge right now you can see the guild signs at MagisterMystax's front door, and if your draw distance is long enough you can see Mars looming).

I'm big into the concept of a scenic railway along the southern route, though with the current track north, there's 2-3 build sites that are as yet unclaimed that might be bisected by the track, and then we're headed straight at the Herbert Hole. I still fancy the idea of a right turn, to about the x of romangoro's wood trail, which splits the space into two decent sized sites that others might claim, and if Herbert doesn't mind the proximity the line can thread it's way just east of the Herbert hole to the south station terminal. Any additional comment on that plan (Herbert, I'm hoping to hear from you before committing to this footprint, so please join the discussion.)

Also installed a switch in the Southern Span Northern Switch House, so the PERSPICAS-CITY (the Project to Establish Rail Service for People Individually Considering Attending a Southern CITY) continues. Anyone interested in building a shell for the junction that mimics a Mario Switch Palace?

-end edit
[Yeah, really bad acronym, but if we can't poke fun at the ridiculous forced acronyms of the world, at what can we laugh and shake our heads?]
Last edited by undecided44 on 28 Apr 2015, 09:09, edited 2 times in total.
building on Uno's Minecraft server as ff4ede (pronounced as an exaggerated version of forty).
romangoro
First Video: The Couch

Postby romangoro » 28 Apr 2015, 06:18

As I said before, take anything you need from my boxes. I don't have much iron nor gold, but take it away. Another thing I don't have is time to play, specially when it requires thought (digging up that tunnel was a bit of mindless relaxation)

Also yes, that's MY ecological disaster. I'm incredibly proud of it for some reason.
RoentgeniumFinger

Postby RoentgeniumFinger » 28 Apr 2015, 07:47

Thanatos5150 wrote:Was he out by the LRRmore viewing point, because another guy found him and was looking for his home earlier too.
ChroinclerC and Sky later declared that he was probably a reject from their SuperHorse Breeding Programme and that he was Free to Whomever Wanted Him.

That wasn't some other guy. That was me! :D I somehow missed Chronicler and Sky's determination, but I'm happy to have an answer. Now, to figure out a name for him.
undecided44

Postby undecided44 » 28 Apr 2015, 08:54

romangoro wrote:As I said before, take anything you need from my boxes. I don't have much iron nor gold, but take it away. Another thing I don't have is time to play, specially when it requires thought (digging up that tunnel was a bit of mindless relaxation)

Also yes, that's MY ecological disaster. I'm incredibly proud of it for some reason.

Understood, and thanks for the tunnel work, I still need to bring up the switch gear, but the rail is moving north... now to edit my last message...
building on Uno's Minecraft server as ff4ede (pronounced as an exaggerated version of forty).
ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Postby ChroniclerC » 28 Apr 2015, 12:18

I said what now?
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5
Thanatos5150
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Thanatos5150 » 28 Apr 2015, 16:38

Saalaksin (Me!) and Reogentium (I forget his minecraft name!) were out by the mt. LRRmore viewing point and we found a horse! We asked around about it, to no response, eventually, I recall you saying that is was PROBABLY a stray from your SuperHorse Breeding Experiments.
I may be Very Wrong!
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 28 Apr 2015, 18:05

It probably was. There really wasn't a place to put horses that were of no use to us other than let them roam freely or give them away. I have now "Dave's Discount Horse Rentals" out by where the East-West Bridge is planned, so we can leave them there.

Speaking of the bridge, started to build the area around it, but not the bridge proper. If you want to help, feel free.
MagisterMystax
First Video: The Innistrad hat draft on MTGO academy

Postby MagisterMystax » 29 Apr 2015, 06:58

Just wanted to share what Romangoro's ecological disaster looks like with my current shaders.
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 29 Apr 2015, 12:04

I know it's dubbed a disaster, but damn, that's beautiful.

I asked a question a couple pages ago to no response, so I'd like to refresh it - is there any interest in mazes and custom dungeons?
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 29 Apr 2015, 16:54

The LRRCraft server had a few mazes, and looked pretty cool. I'd say go for it.
romangoro
First Video: The Couch

Postby romangoro » 30 Apr 2015, 10:24

Wow, that looks amazing. Soo what shader would that be?

BTW, it's dubbed a disaster because that's the result of trowing a lava bucket down a mountain, killing animals, burning grass and turning water into stone. If that's not an ecological disaster, I don't know what is.
Deimir
First Video: Escapist News Network: A Few Good Gamers

Postby Deimir » 30 Apr 2015, 13:25

Good news, everyone! My efforts in the swamps are starting to pay off, getting me a surplus of Slime Balls (I *almost* have enough to make a full stack of Slime Blocks). So once I get to town and figure out how to set up a shop, there will be Slime available for everyone at affordable prices.

On a related note, is there any special approval process to getting a space in the underground market, or do we just slap a sign on a stall to stake a claim?
MagisterMystax

Postby MagisterMystax » 30 Apr 2015, 13:36

romangoro wrote:Wow, that looks amazing. Soo what shader would that be?

It's Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders ( http://minecraftsix.com/sonic-ethers-un ... aders-mod/ ), edited to make lightsources that aren't the Sun (especially torches) shed white light instead of the orange light the shaders normally give them.
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
WokenClick
First Video: Desert Bus 7

Postby WokenClick » 30 Apr 2015, 14:17

Hey all! I've been playing on the server for a bit but realized I hadn't posted here yet so I figured I should. Especially after reading a bit and seeing that road construction is somewhat organized. I've made a road between my place and the Temple of Saint Bradley, but it is a bit random as far as heights goes, so if that needs to be changed it won't bother me! It does have full guard rails, and I believe it should be mostly lit with torches as well.

Anyway, Howdy, and I promise I'll check on this thread more often!

-WC
Deimir
First Video: Escapist News Network: A Few Good Gamers

Postby Deimir » 30 Apr 2015, 16:38

Slime & Stuff is now open for business. I have no idea what the overall server economy is like, so my prices are really just guesswork for now.
eostby
First Video: The first Friday Nights

Postby eostby » 30 Apr 2015, 17:53

I've been working on building a road south from the connection of the Lusian Trail and the road to Spawntown, but I don't know where exactly it should be heading towards. Anyone in that general vicinity is welcome to continue/direct the build going forward, as I mostly tossed it up to use a bunch of cobblestone.
Rogue_Magic on the LRRCraft and LRRMC servers; visit my LRRCraft house near 423, -353 and my LRRMC house near -972, 195

Stand against the Pardonf**k!

Follow me on Twitter @ericostby
squaredotcube
First Video: Ways to Whiten your Teeth

Postby squaredotcube » 01 May 2015, 18:25

Thanks to MasterCheese I now have the power to spawn in player skulls that use skins. What that means is that now you can have a player skull with your skin on it available - I'll offer them for $500 apiece and your choices are currently limited to your skin and the MHF skins. The money won't go to me however, as I'll just use the economy's "/eco take" command to finish the transaction.

And a heads up - I've already plotted a few proposals on where to place the new buildings. I'm thinking the library can be moved to the blue zone, and LRRst National can be moved to the empty spot between the fountain and the plaza. The post office I have no idea still, and I'm thinking we should also redesign the lower part of what I've called the French Quarter and move Catapult and Trebuchet over to the docks.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 01 May 2015, 23:21

Im not being able to promote new users did the command change?
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 02 May 2015, 01:40

For a practical standpoint, the Lusian Trail is functionally complete as all necessary guard rails have been built. Now it's just road lighting, signs & some decorative extras (like support columns on the underside of the sky bridges) to add.

The secondary road to the Eastern Gate of Jamestown is planned & will likely get worked on over the next week of two.

Cobblestone donations are no longer required nor requested at this time as I have roughly 2.5-3.5 chests full of cobblestone, which might be unloaded into "maintenance shelters" along the roads (likely where the support columns will be built) to serve as repair points for any creeper related damage. Otherwise, I might just convert it into some bricks for a project to be named later.
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)
MagisterMystax

Postby MagisterMystax » 02 May 2015, 14:38

squaredotcube wrote:Thanks to MasterCheese I now have the power to spawn in player skulls that use skins. What that means is that now you can have a player skull with your skin on it available - I'll offer them for $500 apiece and your choices are currently limited to your skin and the MHF skins. The money won't go to me however, as I'll just use the economy's "/eco take" command to finish the transaction.

That seems fun, I'll have to try and catch you online to get a few copies of my head. Not sure what I'll use them for yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something.
CamelKnackRambleHort
First Video: Cursing

Postby CamelKnackRambleHort » 02 May 2015, 16:18

So is anyone allowed to join this server? If so, what mods do I need?
She/her please
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 02 May 2015, 23:38

Anyone with an interest in LoadingReadyRun is allowed to join the server and no mods are required to play on it.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 03 May 2015, 00:30

Right now, some of the spare cobblestone from the Lusian Trail is getting stored in "Maintenance Shelters" along (or in some cases within) the road to provide a quick-fix option should anything happen along the road (like accidental creeper damage or whatnot).

The Shelters are not designed for residential use (as there's no beds or secondary exits in some places), but if you need a safe place to hide out for the night (or to teleport somewhere else)... go ahead & slip in. Just make sure you close the door behind you.
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)
ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Postby ritchards » 03 May 2015, 01:16

My private world is rather boring. I've got ocean temples... so plenty of oceans, but no deserts or anything. No villages, no temples. And Endermen aren't dropping pearls. And I can't find any more diamonds in the bottom layer either. I need something more interesting to interact with, so I'd permission on the server please. Username ritchards.
(I am playing on Difficult Normal now.)

Return to “Video Games”