Dominions 4

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
MisterDee
First Video: It's Magic

Dominions 4

Postby MisterDee » 05 Mar 2015, 08:48

I was wondering... Would there be any interest in playing some Dominions games on this forum?

I tend to prefer playing with good-natured people who won't throw a tantrum when the game doesn't go their way, and that's flat-out the norm on my main "gaming" haunt (and pretty likely to happen on my main Dom4 haunt.) But the LRR community tends to be nice and fuzzy, so I figured it's worth a shot.

(Plus we might get Cam interested in Dominions, which would lead to awesome ASTC streams... )
Mowinckel
First Video: Bump in the night

Re: Dominions 4

Postby Mowinckel » 21 May 2015, 02:23

Ohhhhh
I have not been on the forums in a while, so this is quite late, but I would LOVE a LRR dominion game.

Yeah... people losing one battle and then just rage-quitting the game is really off-putting :c

I am not sure Dominons would go really well on the stream... and the learning curve, + the terrible graphics and the way combat tends to be very confusing to new players might not work well for Cam... I feel like a stream of Dom4 needs to be done by someone who can already sorta play it, or by a newbie with a seasoned player to guide them the first few hours.
If I'm half-mad, then which do you think I consider my better half?
MisterDee
First Video: It's Magic

Postby MisterDee » 10 Jun 2015, 10:21

Unfortunately, apparently the LRR community is too nice to want to pretend to rule a country of cannibalistic giants that sacrifice virgins to enslave Lovecraftian horrors. Well, to each his own I guess :)
SixFootTurkey
First Video: PAX Prime '12 panel (recorded)

Postby SixFootTurkey » 11 Jul 2015, 02:44

*Waves at Mowinckel*

Mow got me into it a while ago, though I haven't played in the past few months...

Cam streaming dominions would probably not happen unless someone first taught him the basic controls (and at least a bare minimum of tactics), then afterwards play a blitz game with at least one other player there to walk him through it...

I love Dominions, but the complexity cost is definitely there, and it doesn't quite reward you enough for it.

Return to “Video Games”