LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Drakmon
First Video: lost planet

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby Drakmon » 04 Jun 2015, 17:53

Hmm, hello! i see that for some reason I've become the focus of some attention!

I'm building a town with two castles in the spot that I booked using the planning office, after talking to the mod (i forgot his name, sorry!) who was reworking the spawn area (he's been a bit inactive as of late).

i was then featured on James stream, which again no one asked me to stop, and have been building for six weeks-ish (or just before that stream).

if you want to ask about my build that's cool but you have to understand the walls are the canvas that i'm setting out first and then will come the town with the farmland and the tavern and the mines, in-between the two castles (i'm going for a bit of a dark souls look).

I have to ask, i'm i cutting into anyone's stuff? i know i'm close to vithal and stargirl is just across the way from me but I've had a look around and not seen anyone.

Also i don't check the forums too often so i'd chat on the server if you see me on ^^

Regards,

Drakmon
Vithal
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby Vithal » 05 Jun 2015, 01:20

I mostly finished my builds around Southwest Village and moved south beyond ff4ede's bridge, so I have no problem with the walls.
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 14 Jun 2015, 00:37

I haven't been getting as much time to play as I would like, so progress on the arena has been slower than I would like. If anyone would like to help out, deliveries of black, white, and both dark and light grey wool would be much appreciated!
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 14 Jun 2015, 05:16

What about carpet? I think there's a few stacks over at Cameronville that you can have.
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 14 Jun 2015, 09:10

I was planning on converting that wool into carpets, so yes, that would work quite well. Thank you. =)
MagisterMystax
First Video: The Innistrad hat draft on MTGO academy

Postby MagisterMystax » 15 Jun 2015, 03:47

The pigmen grinder seems to have broken. I think the problem is the second level doesn't trigger any more and bounce the XP up. Since I don't know how to make it work, I haven't tried to fix it myself.
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 15 Jun 2015, 11:54

Atifexe wrote:I was planning on converting that wool into carpets, so yes, that would work quite well. Thank you. =)

They've been donated to Spawn Storage.
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 15 Jun 2015, 14:52

Excellent, thank you. I'll try to put some time in tonight; hopefully the progress will be visible on the dynmap.
MagisterMystax
First Video: The Innistrad hat draft on MTGO academy

Postby MagisterMystax » 16 Jun 2015, 05:07

Is the server down?
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
Drakmon

Postby Drakmon » 16 Jun 2015, 06:10

Yeah not even http://lrrmap.rebellious.uno/ is responding so i guess the server is down for a while.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 16 Jun 2015, 06:20

Time to get more work done on LRRcraft then. :D
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Drakmon

Postby Drakmon » 16 Jun 2015, 14:18

I miss the server :( went to wales and now i come back and it's down, such a craving to build more!
Drakmon

Postby Drakmon » 16 Jun 2015, 19:37

Server is back up and running!
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 16 Jun 2015, 20:12

SquareDotCube: May I have space for a store in the underground market?
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Postby ChroniclerC » 16 Jun 2015, 21:11

Was there a server rollback or something? Because my villagers are missing.
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5
Lord Chrusher

Postby Lord Chrusher » 17 Jun 2015, 00:30

The was a server reset. I lost the leads I was using to keep my horses tied up.
ChroniclerC

Postby ChroniclerC » 17 Jun 2015, 13:53

Big chunks of Spawntown are effed. Just sayin'.

And no, I'm not rebuilding the Hall of Chests again. I wash my hands of that disrespect.
Lord Chrusher

Postby Lord Chrusher » 17 Jun 2015, 14:27

Is this recent or part of the long running redevelopment of spawn?

Spawn is getting to be a real public works project - a long period of time has passed and no real progress appears to have been made.
TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 17 Jun 2015, 22:08

I've been snoozing a bit on the game, so I thought I'd give a heads up on stuff I've done...

In short, minor updates on the Lusian Trail. Just added a support pillar to the corner of the West path, just to add a touch of realism (so it's no longer appears to be floating). Adding a little flair at the intersection near Little Arcadium (bit of a gazebo-pagoda vibe, just to spice things up) & finally added a little rest stop & maintenance shelter between Little Arcadium & Rogue's place for travelers.

Construction of my permanent home is going slowly, as I have to wait for the cobble to smelt (lacking iron to build an Auto Furnace. The Iron / Ore I currently have is being held for the charcoal generator... which I could utilize as an Auto Furnace, but prefer to avoid it).

If you're watching the area near Little Arcadium, you've probable notice a wooden platform underway. I will admit that I'm running with a tree-top village motif (which is certain going to please the druids on the servers //end sarcasm) & will be sprawling around the area (expect a maze-like structure). Right now, I'll be using the Lusian Trail as the southern & western boundaries with the one river inlet as my northern boundary... assuming I can get creative enough to build up the hill / mountain.

I will get around amend my land claim to accommodate the development, but if anybody has any spare oak logs that you need to unload, feel free to drop them off in the public storage hut in Little Arcadium. If you're using the nether portal, you'll need to travel through the tower (which the mines, lower level & upper level are accessible).

Other logs will be be accepted for potential expansion as other "districts" (separated by the type of wood used), but may require other players assistance in such expansions (if anybody is interested). Any developments over the Lusian Trail must keep a 5m gap from the road to minimize conflicts.
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)
undecided44

Postby undecided44 » 18 Jun 2015, 10:27

So I was on the server yesterday, digging my rail tunnel, and Myshpoetry asked if anyone wanted to help layout a trading post style build. A few questions back and forth, and a quick site visit, and I went away to put together an idea for a layout that will hopefully fit in the the design aesthetic of the rest of Myshpoetry's building. So three views available. The first is the basic elevation of a single stall design.

If you've seen pictures of the floor of the NYSE (at least in the old configuration) you'll probably recognize the general shape of the individual trade stall. The idea with this design is to coral the tradesman (villagers) inside the stalls, and allow some window space to facilitate trading. I wanted to limit the potential for meandering traders wandering off, but allow players to access sellers easily. Another design that I could only describe as "pulpit based" also came to mind, but it's really a scaling reduction to the open stall space to further restrict the trader's movement, so I figured I'd show this one for first comment. Next view is the individual stall layered build-up.

The idea hear is to create the U shaped trading pods with a curb block (y=1) and open space through which to trade (y=2). The stepped blocks and lighting at y=3 should hopefully maintain visibility across the area while providing a crown molding effect into the half slab ceiling in the at y=4 level. The lower half design prevents mobs from spawning on the roof without lighting the world, but the idea to use sea lanterns as lighting without capping the light panels will let the lighting design show through.

Last display is the overall space floor plan (without the ceiling layer). The goal here is to have a minimum of 2 block wide walkways between the stalls to maintain player mobility. I'm trying to think of a clever way of further limiting the trader-wander distance by shrinking the stalls, but I'm open to any suggestions from folks who know more about the villager AI than I do.

The other thing included in the primary unit elevation is the material needs calculated from the layout. I've tried to match materials and appearance to Myshpoetry's existing construction, but the design is scalable, and block types can easily swap in or out. So, Myshpoetry, thoughts? Anyone else have suggestions?
building on Uno's Minecraft server as ff4ede (pronounced as an exaggerated version of forty).
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 18 Jun 2015, 14:01

Alright, when I get some time, I'm going to start on building "Paul Sandbar" somewhere in the neighborhood of -700, -220 down to -700, -120. I'm going to build it as "hollow" so it'll be sand outside and a sandstone inside area to walk around and do stuff in.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Lord Chrusher

Postby Lord Chrusher » 18 Jun 2015, 16:39

I am doing some work to improve the village at -3950, 1720, which I have dubbed Thimbletrimmer. I have built a stone wall around the village and built a Nether gate. I want build more houses and rebuilt the wall but feel free to add to this village if you want. I am planning on building a road south from my castle to the village at some point.
squaredotcube
First Video: Ways to Whiten your Teeth

Postby squaredotcube » 19 Jun 2015, 14:31

I'm working on getting the library essentials finished. The first floor is almost done as I am re-designing the enchantment tables + bookcases portions. I didn't realize you needed only 15 bookcases, but I plan to reduce that number to 13 by getting rid of the lower-level enchants. Any suggestions on how to reduce that total to a lower number (certain bookcase quantities that don't make a difference, for instance) would be appreciated.

EDIT: Library is pretty much finished, not really sure how to finalize the top though. It's functional however, and that's the part that matters.
ChroniclerC

Postby ChroniclerC » 21 Jun 2015, 14:49

squaredotcube wrote:I'm working on getting the library essentials finished. The first floor is almost done as I am re-designing the enchantment tables + bookcases portions. I didn't realize you needed only 15 bookcases, but I plan to reduce that number to 13 by getting rid of the lower-level enchants. Any suggestions on how to reduce that total to a lower number (certain bookcase quantities that don't make a difference, for instance) would be appreciated.

EDIT: Library is pretty much finished, not really sure how to finalize the top though. It's functional however, and that's the part that matters.

Not quite. You need to pull out the carpet, as it blocks the Bookshelf/Table connection. Can't have ANYTHING in those spaces, even transparent non-blocks.
squaredotcube
First Video: Ways to Whiten your Teeth

Postby squaredotcube » 21 Jun 2015, 18:05

Doh. Well it's fixed now.

Also I've build two exterior design examples out over for the post office, and my idea is to use both. One is the "original" brick and stone design which is the main part of the building while a smaller part is an "expansion" that uses chiseled sandstone and brown stained clay. Building the post office is open to anyone really - I just made those two examples as a recommendation.

Return to “Video Games”