Heroes Unlimited Gameplay Thread

Share your latest adventures with anything tabletop: RPGs, boardgames, miniatures, etc.
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Re: Heroes Unlimited Gameplay Thread

Postby Atifexe » 19 Jun 2015, 20:31

Yeah, I'd say he has very good reason to fear for his life at this point, given his background and how many hits he's taken.
Omnicrat
First Video: Loading Ready Run Premiers on Monday

Postby Omnicrat » 24 Jun 2015, 14:34

Alright, I'm going to run around the corner and hide, while panicking.

(Mental note: create body armor)
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 24 Jun 2015, 17:18

Could you be a little more specific about which corner you want to hide behind? If you want to pass the plastic and run vaguely towards the shooters, there's the hallway towards the back of the station. Alternatively, you could retreat towards where Kenji has taken cover.
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 29 Jun 2015, 16:28

Sorry, I was on vacation. Retreat by where Kenji is.
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 01 Jul 2015, 10:55

Robert bolts into the office at the front of the building, panic in his eyes.

The soldier advances on Dougie, aiming his gun at his head. "Stand down!" he demands, "Or we will kill you!" The other soldier, now back on his feet, scrambles to collect his weapon.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 01 Jul 2015, 11:10

Does that mean it's my turn next?
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 01 Jul 2015, 12:42

Apologies for the lack of clarity.

Next is Kenji, then Dougie, then Robert.
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 01 Jul 2015, 17:47

"Don't you think we're a bit past the whole 'stand down' idea?" Kenji snarls, muttering something under his breath about "gaijin" as he aims to fire at the soldier recovering his weapon.

Rolled a 12.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 02 Jul 2015, 10:58

The soldier doesn't make any effort to evade, either unaware that he's about to be shot or confident that his armor will prevent any injury. Go ahead and roll damage, after which it is Dougie's turn.
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 02 Jul 2015, 14:09

22 damage from Love, 10 from Hate.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 03 Jul 2015, 12:43

I goofed on tracking actions. At the end of this combat round, we will reroll initiative and begin a new round.

Dougie is next.
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 04 Jul 2015, 11:35

From the floor, Dougie attempts to knock both his foes to the ground- bouncing up from the floor, he cannons into the soldier closest to him and attempts to rebound into the other. His body is a whirling mass of limbs and unintelligible swearing.

Because the dice apparently hate me, 5 on the first and 7 on the next. I'm going to die, aren't I?
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 05 Jul 2015, 10:43

The first armored figure sidesteps, dodging your attack. You react by bouncing off the wall and floor behind him and aiming yourself at the second target, but he sidesteps as well. You come to a stop, standing, a few feet from the center of the room.

Robert is next.
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 11 Jul 2015, 14:22

(I messaged Omnicrat a couple days ago, but didn't receive a reply.)

Robert, still panicking about his wounds, huddles up in the office and frantically attempts to tear strips from his clothing, intending to bandage his wounds.

It is now time to roll initiative for the next round! Everyone, please roll a 20-sided die. Kenji gets to add +5 to his roll.

Status report:
Kenji is injured, but knows that it's not quite life threatening.
Robert is panicking, though an assessment from someone experienced in either receiving or seeing injuries would know that he, too, will be okay if given proper attention and time to heal.
Dougie's injuries are substantially less than the other two, as is normal for him, but he is bleeding slightly. The injury is worse than anything he's sustained in recent memory.
The two soldiers aren't showing any signs of injury. It's difficult to assess them given their armor.
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 13 Jul 2015, 09:35

The dice still hate me. 5 for initiative
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 17 Jul 2015, 19:22

Lucky number 13!
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 27 Oct 2015, 20:38

A voice, tinny and mechanical and entirely too loud, came from somewhere nearby. The world seemed far too bright, as if someone had switched on the sun after years of complete darkness. Even the scent of the air, tainted with the smell of too many cleaning chemicals, was overwhelming.

"... And after several months, we finally have confirmation on the cause of the explosion. Our sources within the new world government inform us that during an early rebel attack on one of their law enforcement centers, a decommissioned robot with a faulty nuclear power cell was damaged. Authorities were unable to contain the device before it went critical, destroying the entire town in the ensuing explosion. Fortunately, quick deployment of newly developed shielding units prevented radioactive fallout from spreading across the countryside. The death toll is estimated at only a few thousand, with no residual casualties expected."

"In Economic news..."

As the reporter droned on, a figure swam into view, seated in a chair nearby.

"Not a nuclear explosion," the figure said, "although that's a functional enough cover. It may as well have been, for all that was left of you afterward. You're lucky we were able to bring you back at all."

The rest of the room was still white, almost like there was nothing there. The impression began to settle in that perhaps this wasn't real, or at least, wasn't part of the normal world.

"By the way, you have a choice to make." The figure turned its head, but its facial features were still indistinguishable, appearing as little more than an impression of a human form. "You've died once for this cause. No one could ask more. Would you like to return to the front? Or would you like to return to your life?"
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 29 Oct 2015, 06:12

Without a moment of hesitation, "This 'government' is a threat to us all. Besides, its not like anyone would give me a job since they showed up. What do you need me to do?"

Return to “Tabletop and D&D”