LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
cptsteiny
First Video: CommodoreHUSTLE 01 - Laundry

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby cptsteiny » 18 Jul 2015, 16:05

I'm sure all steps are being made that can be. But, for my own curiosity, who are the people with the ability to resuscitate the server?
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 19 Jul 2015, 07:13

just an FYI That I lost my inventory due to the server crash. People should probably make sure they suffer the same fate as me, and if they did, get in touch with a mod.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 20 Jul 2015, 13:13

Have excess cobblestone? Want to make a little bit of money from it? I am buying cobblestone in my store (Chrushers) in the Underground Market.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 20 Jul 2015, 22:18

Lord Chrusher wrote:Have excess cobblestone? Want to make a little bit of money from it? I am buying cobblestone in my store (Chrushers) in the Underground Market.

Please... DON'T TEMPT ME... I still have a couple double-chests full of cobblestone that were donated for previous projects (Lusian Trail... Now the Dery Project) & that's after unloading some in maintenance shelters.

Additionally, got the Stoneworks in Little Arcadium... so, for the sake of your shop's till, I hope you don't go broke. :twisted:
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)
Road-hog123
First Video: DesertBus 8 Livestream

Postby Road-hog123 » 24 Jul 2015, 03:37

Some of you may have noticed that through a small tunnel leading off of the path to the XP farm there is not "Nothing much" as the sign says, but in fact there is a new Nether Hub. You will be pleased to learn that, having returned to the server after nearly 2 months of not playing, the construction work is nearly complete. Currently there are two levels that ring the outside of the main concourse which are lined with tunnel apertures to give a total of 48 apertures, most of which are 5x4, allowing for a 3x3 tunnel with custom walls, ceiling and floor (the floor is omitted from the apertures for ease of my construction ;)). For convenience, each direction is to be colour-coded (Red, Yellow, Green and Blue) and a list of aperture owners will be provided to help people find the correct tunnel (each aperture will be given an identification code (e.g. R06 to indicate the 6th Aperture in the Red (North) zone) and will be marked on the dynmap along with the owner). I do have a couple of areas for which I am not sure what to do with (namely the space under the stairs which can be accessed from the lower level ring), which I may allocate as shop areas or find something else to do with them. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions about the new hub are welcome to leave them here, PM them to me or leave them on a sign in the new hub. I shall probably post additional information about the hub later to clarify issues and provide additional information.
ThinksTooMuch
First Video: A Feed Dump

Postby ThinksTooMuch » 24 Jul 2015, 13:27

Hi all, I am having some difficulties reaching the lrrcraft server. Is the information on page one of this thread still accurate? Basically, I get a "can't connect to server" error no matter what I try. I tried a couple random public servers and was able to connect, does lrrcraft require any special permissions or settings on my end? I am very new to minecraft, so please forgive me if I'm missing something that ought to be obvious.
Road-hog123

Postby Road-hog123 » 24 Jul 2015, 14:00

The front page is incorrect. The correct IP is "lrrmc.rebellious.uno". You should be able to login with 1.8.7, but you will need to be given permissions to be able to interact with anything in the world once you join (which can be done by any moderator).
ThinksTooMuch
First Video: A Feed Dump

Postby ThinksTooMuch » 24 Jul 2015, 14:11

Thank you!
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 24 Jul 2015, 16:00

Just an update on the Nether HUB: road-hog123, squaredotcube, and myself were doing some work on it, and some portals were moved into the new HUB. If you had a portal near the spawn portal (over the lava), your portal has probably been torn down. Some of them have been moved. If it hasn't, then you can move it up yourself if we don't get to it.

Also, if your portal in the nether wasn't marked on the dynmap, and I missed it, can you please mark it?
ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Postby ChroniclerC » 24 Jul 2015, 21:09

If the nether hub is being worked on, I would like to point out the nether railway beneath the fortress near the old (spawn) hub that leads to Mysh's base and my base. Even if the design isn't as pig-proof as I though, a connection to any new hub would still be appreciated.
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5
deathjavu
First Video: First episode of unskippable

Postby deathjavu » 25 Jul 2015, 01:02

*fondly thinks back on orthanc and the old server*

I'd join the new server but nothing I build is really going to compare to that project.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 25 Jul 2015, 03:32

LRRcraft is still coming along. Basically just have North and Northwest to finish. Then, will re-render and give everyone some time to make sure I didn't do something really stupid like delete their stuff.

Finally, I'll communicate with the LRRMC folks and see if we can get Teleport Signs working cross-server.

Regarding the Nether issues, my Nether portal was marked until a Ghast attack. I'll get new signs on it soon.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 25 Jul 2015, 05:20

ChroniclerC wrote:If the nether hub is being worked on, I would like to point out the nether railway beneath the fortress near the old (spawn) hub that leads to Mysh's base and my base. Even if the design isn't as pig-proof as I though, a connection to any new hub would still be appreciated.

The portals would be moved upwards into the new HUB, so how things connect would/should be different. If I get time today I'll look into those portals (assuming they weren't already done)
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 25 Jul 2015, 10:07

Quick Update.

The following portals have been moved:

-Spawn Transportium
-Eastern Derp Mountians
-Taos's Mudhut
-NF's Salvok Home
-Scrizati's Farm
-Home for Needy Thantoses
-New Dewford
-SouthWest Village
-FlyingDutchman Cottage
-Psychogiests Home
-The Herbert Hole
-Church's Fortress
-ChroniclerC's Home
-Boscoham
-Crafting Bench Island
-TwisterPear's Mountian
-Pigman Farm
-Road_hog123's Hoam
-James Turner's Home
-Shallowslake-Rosevale
-Leap of Faith Shrine
-AlexAshman's Castle
-Admiral Memo's Base (though we still need to properly make a tunnel to the HUB)
-Desert (Not Marked)

The Following have had their portals removed below, but have not been moved yet:

-An Unnamed Portal using a Granite Bridge

All other Portals should not have been touched yet.
Last edited by SAJewers on 25 Jul 2015, 16:54, edited 2 times in total.
Road-hog123

Postby Road-hog123 » 25 Jul 2015, 11:43

Shallowslake was moved to the end of my tunnel last night also. I've just linked up Rosevale and the Leap of Faith Shrine. AlexAshman's portal is so close to spawn that you get taken back to the main hub portal and not the personal portal... :)
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 25 Jul 2015, 16:54

It looks like the portal to that Desert was also moved up, but not marked at all. Also, Memo's tunnel was linked up, but the portal area might be 1 too wide (or 1 too skinny). You should take a look.

Either way, I updated my post.
ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Postby ChroniclerC » 25 Jul 2015, 19:49

SAJewers wrote:Quick Update.

The following portals have been moved:

-Spawn Transportium
-Eastern Derp Mountians
-Taos's Mudhut
-NF's Salvok Home
-Scrizati's Farm
-Home for Needy Thantoses
-New Dewford
-SouthWest Village
-FlyingDutchman Cottage
-Psychogiests Home
-The Herbert Hole
-Church's Fortress
-ChroniclerC's Home
-Boscoham
-Crafting Bench Island
-TwisterPear's Mountian
-Pigman Farm
-Road_hog123's Hoam
-James Turner's Home
-Shallowslake-Rosevale
-Leap of Faith Shrine
-AlexAshman's Castle
-Admiral Memo's Base (though we still need to properly make a tunnel to the HUB)
-Desert (Not Marked)

The Following have had their portals removed below, but have not been moved yet:

-An Unnamed Portal using a Granite Bridge

All other Portals should not have been touched yet.

As I have mentioned previously...

DON'T DO THAT. :evil:

Stop fuqing with my builds without asking me. I had things exactly they way I liked it. I insist that you change it back immediately.
No. I don't care. I don't come around rebuilding your shit on a whim. You want to connect to me, fine. But you connect to my build as it stands.
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 25 Jul 2015, 23:10

SAJewers wrote:-Admiral Memo's Base (though we still need to properly make a tunnel to the HUB)
Um... I moved my portal on my own... Did you move it again? Also, it should have a tunnel already.

Road-hog123

Postby Road-hog123 » 26 Jul 2015, 01:15

Might I add that my original intention was to let people move their own portals (hence the space to customise tunnels), which would have avoided having to interfere with builds... Anyway, due to internet issues I'm not going to be able to get on the server until next Saturday evening, which is a shame... I should be able to post here however, so hopefully I can sort out any issues people have with the hub.
(Jewers, might I suggest you don't move any more portals until said person has given permission? That would stop problems like with Chronicler.)
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 26 Jul 2015, 03:39

AdmiralMemo wrote:
SAJewers wrote:-Admiral Memo's Base (though we still need to properly make a tunnel to the HUB)
Um... I moved my portal on my own... Did you move it again? Also, it should have a tunnel already.

Nope, I just built a proper tunnel. The tunnel you had didn't actually lead to the main HUB area.

Road-hog123 wrote:Might I add that my original intention was to let people move their own portals (hence the space to customise tunnels), which would have avoided having to interfere with builds... Anyway, due to internet issues I'm not going to be able to get on the server until next Saturday evening, which is a shame... I should be able to post here however, so hopefully I can sort out any issues people have with the hub.
(Jewers, might I suggest you don't move any more portals until said person has given permission? That would stop problems like with Chronicler.)
I've only really been moving ones where I haven't seen the player in a while and it would be unlikely that they would be on anytime soon (like James), and ones like SW village where it's not actually anyone's build. I only moved ChroniclerC's portal because I was under the impression that he wanted someone to move it up for him.

ChroniclerC wrote:As I have mentioned previously...

DON'T DO THAT. :evil:

Stop fuqing with my builds without asking me. I had things exactly they way I liked it. I insist that you change it back immediately.
No. I don't care. I don't come around rebuilding your shit on a whim. You want to connect to me, fine. But you connect to my build as it stands.
See, I was under the impression from your last post that you wanted someone to move the portal to the new HUB for you. I'll move it back down for you, but there might be too much of a height disparity to simply connect it.

EDIT: Your portal was re-lit. Feel free to connect it yourself.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 26 Jul 2015, 05:24

SAJewers wrote:
AdmiralMemo wrote:
Nope, I just built a proper tunnel. The tunnel you had didn't actually lead to the main HUB area.
OK, y'all are just messing up everything now. My portal doesn't link anymore, and we've got tunnels that go all sorts of places. Can you just stop messing with stuff and get this fixed?

SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 26 Jul 2015, 05:43

Road-hog123 wrote:Might I add that my original intention was to let people move their own portals (hence the space to customise tunnels), which would have avoided having to interfere with builds...

Unfortunately, that may not be able to happen fully.

Despite the fact it was at the right X/Z coords, and the fact the portal itself wasn't touched, overnight, AdmiralMemo's portal started connecting with Droddy's portal instead of his moved portal. I had to deactivate both Roddy's portal and the Mt LRRmore portal in order to get it to connect correctly.

I fear with some portals that are close to others (like Dockbutt/Zanpak's Clay Mine), they won't link up correctly just by moving them up.

As much as I would like people to move the portals themselves, there will probably be a number that we'll have to forcibly move up ourselves in order to get all portals linked up correctly.

EDIT: Some other ones:

-Moving Psychogesist's Portal causes it to link up to FlyingDutchman's portal
- Moving FlyingDutchman's Portal causes it to link to Herbert's Portal.
- Moving Herbert's Portal causes it to link to Squirrel's portal.
- Moving the SW Village portal causes it to link to Drakmon's Portal

EDIT: OK, re-activatinf FD's old portal caused the spawn portal to link up to that. At this point, I'm just gonna have to move portals up if someone moves their portal and it links incorrectly.
Road-hog123

Postby Road-hog123 » 26 Jul 2015, 08:20

I would suggest that if you are going to continue moving portals, you calculate where they should be from the OW coords and maximise the chances they link correctly.
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 26 Jul 2015, 08:40

Portals for the most part (like Memo's) are at the correct X/Z coords. The problem is that it takes Y into account when determining the closest portal, so a portal built at y=64 will link up to another portal 20-30 blocks NE at y=63 rather than a portal at the correct X/Z coords, but a Y=115, because it considers the y=63 portal closer.
Road-hog123

Postby Road-hog123 » 26 Jul 2015, 08:50

Is it possible to bias the portals by moving them to the side?

Return to “Video Games”