LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby Atifexe » 29 Jul 2015, 19:23

Has the issue of the random chunk resets in spawn been fixed?
squaredotcube
First Video: Ways to Whiten your Teeth

Postby squaredotcube » 29 Jul 2015, 19:39

Well, in Downtown Spawntown yes, but over at Ranneko's something's odd happened and it transposed chunks from other places over the treetop base. MasterCheese says it has to do with the backup method he's set up.
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 31 Jul 2015, 16:33

FYI: The latest Optifine is out for 1.8.8, and it includes support for Shaders.

Anyway, Nothing has really happened recently AFAIK regarding the new nether HUB, but here's a list anyway:

Moved up by portal's owner:
-Eastern Drop Mountians
-Crafing Bench Island
-Boscoham
-AdmiralMemo's Place/Paul Sandbar
-Road_Hog123
-MagisterMystax's Land of Issit
-Clench's Place
-the Squirrel Demense
-Twister Pearl's Nether Region
-Shallowslake
-NF's Salvok Home
-Crusher
-Thimbletrimmer

Moved up by virtue of owner's inactivity:
-James Turner's House
-Scrizati's Farm

Portals to Public Works Projects that have been moved up:
-Desert
-SW Village

Moved up to fix incorrect connections:
-New Dewford (Or did Omega Lairon move it himself?)
-Herbert Hole
-FlyingDutchman Cottage
-Psychogiests's Home
-Church's Fortress (though he may know about this one)
-Fort Dredge(Droddy)
-Mt LRRMore
-Rosevale
-Taos's Mudhut
-AlexAshman's Castle
-Home for Needy Thanatoses
-Leap of Faith Shrine

Portal Destroyed below, but not yet moved:
-Unnamed Portal with no build identification

Not moved, but Owner knows of new HUB:
-Temple of St. Bradley
-Glem Frost
-CptnFalafel's House
-ChroniclerC's Home

Known incorrect connections:
-SW Village currently connects with Drakmon's Nether Portal
AlexAshmsn's Portal currently connects with the main Spawn Portal

Not touched:
-Valkyria
-Ender Labs
-Taos's Underwater Waterland
-Corianin's Base
-Corinanin's Prismarine Farm
-Deimir's Base
-Trako Manor
-Bontoon Bluffs
-Innovative Testing Initiative
-Dockbutt
-Herbet's MEsa Castle
-Zanpak's Clay Farm
-Innersea Nether Portal
-ff4de's Portal
-Random213
-Drakmon's House
-Nimbalor's Doge Castle
-Someone's Village
-City of Beleriand Portal
-Belerians's Prismarine Farm
-CptSteiny's Mountian Castle
-MyshPoetry's House
-Stronghold
-Ruke's Tiny Hut

-Of those portals not touched:
- The stronghold portal appears to be just a poublic works project. Someone can move that up
- My understanding was that Coranin's Prismarine Farm was also a Public Works project. Someone can probably move that up

-The tunnel with Dockbutt/Herbert's Mesa Castle/Zanpak's Clay farm has a floor design that we should probably copy, if we move the portals up ourselves
-The tunnel containing Trako's Unerwater Waterland and Ender Labs has a tunnel design. If we move those portals up ourselves, we should copy that design.
-There's an already built rail system out to Bontoon Bluffs
-There's an already built rail system out to Random123
-Trako Manor is housed in a custom-designed building.

All other Portals not moved up do not, to my knowledge, have have special tunnel designs or are housed in special buildings (either Netherrack tunnels, Cobble bridges, Cobble frame housing, or built in a Nether Fortress)
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 31 Jul 2015, 16:51

Sigh, why do people keep spelling my name Crusher and not Chrusher?
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
squaredotcube
First Video: Ways to Whiten your Teeth

Postby squaredotcube » 31 Jul 2015, 21:04

Lord Chrusher wrote:Sigh, why do people keep spelling my name Crusher and not Chrusher?
Blame Beverly and her brat son Wesley.

Just a heads up, I won't be in for about 12 hours for Build-A-Thon starting now, so if another mod could do the honors of managing people who'd like to claim and build on lots that would be great.
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Omega Lairon » 31 Jul 2015, 22:10

We're getting there, slowly but surely

The spherical(-ish) outer shell is about half done, so that's as wide as she's gonna get. Finally got the outer arm portions hooked up, which means no more dirt-bridging or risky jumping over to build them up. And the big glowstone ball in the centre is shaping up nicely too (don't worry, I made sure I had *plenty* of that junk laying around).

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 31 Jul 2015, 22:14

I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with the materials required for the sniper duels arena. In addition to a large amount of cobble, smooth stone, or stone brick, I could use two people to give it a test - basically, each player takes a side, and using the various elevations/cover provided, tries to shoot the other one using a bow while evading incoming shots. I think I got the range at a level where it's challenging enough to not be first hit wins, while still being more skill than luck with arrow trajectories, but without testing I can't know for sure if I need to make it shorter or not. If I do need to, I might ask someone with Worldedit abilities to shrink the arena. I'm not too concerned about lost material, so hopefully that will be acceptable.
Road-hog123
First Video: DesertBus 8 Livestream

Postby Road-hog123 » 02 Aug 2015, 05:37

I logged off the server yesterday evening still in creative after working on the East/West subway and because there are no mods on now I'm stuck in creative... so if there happens to be a mod reading this that can pop on for a few seconds to type "/gamemode 0 road_hog123", that would be brilliant. :)
Edit: Problem solved! :)
Road-hog123
First Video: DesertBus 8 Livestream

Postby Road-hog123 » 02 Aug 2015, 10:22

A server crash about 20 minutes ago seems to have reset player data and a couple of spawn chunks... Any mods still lurking here?
Omega Lairon

Postby Omega Lairon » 02 Aug 2015, 17:15

Aaaaand finished.

For anyone wondering, it's supposed to be the Central Power Battery for the Red Lantern Corps., occasional antagonists to (and on rare occasions, grudging allies of) the far more famous and well known Green Lanterns.

Course, there's still a lot of hard work to do to get the surrounding area looking a little more appropriate. For starters, there's the blood lava lake to be installed in front of it, and at some point, I'm be looking to tear out all the dirt and replace it with either coarse dirt or netherrack (possibly both) to give it that "utter s***-hole" feel. But that's a project for some other day.

ert+
Dntspard
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Dntspard » 02 Aug 2015, 18:15

oh that is Sweet
ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Postby ritchards » 02 Aug 2015, 18:55

Nice. I have a small Green Lantern in my place. (So of course I recognised that.)
Eryndil
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby Eryndil » 03 Aug 2015, 08:25

SAJewers wrote:
Not touched:
-Innersea Nether Portal

I'm more or less inactive, but I hopped on the other day just to check things out (and saw all the nether changes). I'll try to hop on tonight or later this week to get this portal moved. It's intended to be public access, but effectively mine (since I built it next to my house).

What are the general rules for moving the portals up?
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 03 Aug 2015, 09:53

Eryndil wrote:What are the general rules for moving the portals up?
Essentially just build a new portal at the same X,Z coordinates, but at a higher Y. Then, if you want, connect it to the existing tunnels fanning out from the new Hub.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Eryndil
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby Eryndil » 04 Aug 2015, 08:52

AdmiralMemo wrote:
Eryndil wrote:What are the general rules for moving the portals up?
Essentially just build a new portal at the same X,Z coordinates, but at a higher Y. Then, if you want, connect it to the existing tunnels fanning out from the new Hub.

Portal moved. It's off of the Shallowslake tunnel currently. Although, in retrospect, it may have made more sense to connect it to Clench's tunnel (since that's closer).
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 10 Aug 2015, 17:45

So, I discovered today that it's quite nice to get around the new nether HUB with a horse.

Anyway, Tuckiozi moved up Glem Forst's portal. I also got approval from Herbert_Erpaderp to move the portal for his Mesa Castle. In the process, I also moved up a few other portals. Here's an updated list (Updated August 17):

Moved up by portal's owner:
-Eastern Drop Mountians
-Crafing Bench Island
-Boscoham
-AdmiralMemo's Place/Paul Sandbar
-Road_Hog123
-MagisterMystax's Land of Issit
-Clench
-the Squirrel Demense
-Twister Pearl's Nether Region
-Shallowslake
-NF's Salvok Home
-House of Chrusher
-Thimbletrimmer
-Random Swamp
-Glem Forst
-Herbet's Mesa Castle
-New Dewford
-ThinkTooMuch's Estate
-MArcanius's Desert

Current Portal Connected to new HUB:
-Dockbutt
-Zanpak's Clay Farm
-Bontoon Bluffs (see notes)
-Corinanin's Prismarine Farm

Moved up by virtue of owner's inactivity:
-James Turner's House
-Scrizati's Farm
-Ender Labs
-Taos's Underwater Waterland
-Corianin's Base
-Deimir's Base
-Big Tree

Portals to Public Works Projects that have been moved up:
-Desert
-SW Village
-Stronghold

Moved up to fix incorrect connections:
-Herbert Hole
-FlyingDutchman Cottage
-Psychogiests's Home
-Church's Fortress (though he may know about this one)
-Fort Dredge(Droddy)
-Mt LRRMore
-Rosevale
-Taos's Mudhut
-AlexAshman's Castle
-Home for Needy Thanatoses
-Leap of Faith Shrine
-Unnamed Portal with no build identification
-Drakmon's House
-Ruke's Tiny Hut

Not moved, but Owner knows of new HUB:
-Temple of St. Bradley
-CptnFalafel's House
-ChroniclerC's Home

Known incorrect connections:
AlexAshmsn's Portal currently connects with the main Spawn Portal

Not touched:
-Valkyria
-Trako Manor
-Innovative Testing Initiative
-Innersea
-ff4de's Portal
-Random213
-Nimbalor's Doge Castle
-Someone's Village
-City of Beleriand Portal
-Belerians's Prismarine Farm
-CptSteiny's Mountian Castle
-MyshPoetry's House
-ArthurArthur's Butterfly Island
-Lrrmesses Pyramid
-Ravine Village
-Ysmault

NOTES:
-For Bontoon Bluffs, I simply dug a set of stairs down to the already built railway.
-For Mt. LRRMore, it appears it was a quickly-done 2x1 tunnel. It needs to finished.
-My understanding was that Coranin's Prismarine Farm is a Public Works project. Considering it's height, someone can just tunnel out to it, then dig a set of stairs down.
- While Taos' Unerwater Waterland and Ender Labs were moved up, I did not copy their respective tunnel designs. Could someone do that?
-There's an already built rail system out to Random123. Probably best to either move the portal up and bring the rail line upwards, or dig stairs down. I'd say move the rail line up.
-Trako Manor is housed in a custom-designed building.
-Ravine Village isn't maked in the nether.
Last edited by SAJewers on 17 Aug 2015, 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 12 Aug 2015, 21:27

Time for me to chime in with my updates... which aren't much...

1) Construction on the Dery Project is slowly progressing. The farmland (for all crops) is constructed & operational. Just some finish work on the fences & another quarter stack of Jungle Logs for the cocoa beans will finish it off.

I've outlined the fences & non-crop areas with glowstone (as it was WAY CHEAPER than Sea Lanterns) to make it a near-safe haven from all hostile mobs. Endermen can still get into the area, should somebody be foolish enough to piss them off. Spiders can ONLY invade the farmland through the gates as there's a 1 x 2 open space above the gates where they can access. With the glowstone on top of the fences, it creates a spider baffle (as they get caught on the bottom the glowstone when they climb the fences). Creepers & Skeletons only pose a threats at the gates as that's the only place with open space where they can attack. May consider adding alternative gates, as needed.

2) I'm building a cold storage unit out of snow to the west, where the livestock pasture will be placed. Right now, still debating on the size of the pasture as well as the barn (which will likely incorporate or at least reside next to the cold storage unit). HOWEVER, it will likely have the same (or very similar) fencing to the farmland.

This is one part of the project that I could use some creative assistance. I would like to include a pond for fishing & for the livestock to drink from (I know they don't need a water source, but it's more for aesthetics).

3) Creative assistance is requested for the construction of Beej's House. -- Right now it's just a dinky little "Back Hut" (as noted on the map) so I had a safe place to go at night (prior to the farmland's completion). While I'd like to see the "Back Hut" as the starting point for the house / manor, it's whoever wants to work on it.

The only challenge / request is that the house (not the furnishings) is constructed completed out of Beej... er Birch Wood, as that's abundant at the project site.

4) Minor improvements made on the Lusian Trail near Little Arcadium -- I used some of the leftover glowstone to enhance the lighting at the crossing (so I can remove the torches). Will likely redo the signs at the crossing to better accommodate directions.

5) I'm pleasantly surprised of a northern branch of the Lusian Trail has been built & seems to run about same width that I utilize (I only went down to 2 blocks wide to Jamestown as it was already there). I'm just pleased to see some natural development there & it helps provide me a better visual guideline when I start working on the Treetop Village expansion (as my original intention was not the expand beyond the limits of the trail).

I'll make the effort to travel the path & say hello (assuming they're on at the same time).

6) My issue w/ the /home command has been resolved -- it seemed that some design choices at my house was unintentionally interfering with the command & a fellow runner help figure that out. It's working properly now.

7) Improvements on the path between Little Arcadium & Spawn Town will eventually happen. I won't be demolishing the road (much... only to add glowstone for lighting), but I will get around to adding railings on the "sky bridge" sections, as needed (I don't want somebody falling off & dying as a result... we don't need OSHA or whatever Minecraft's equivelent breathing down our necks :D ).
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)
Omega Lairon

Postby Omega Lairon » 13 Aug 2015, 01:42

Just to quickly chime in on my projects...

SAJewers wrote:Moved up by portal's owner:
-New Dewford

I'm starting to think it'd just be easier to smile, nod, and take credit for the hard work of whoever actually moved my portal. It's not a complaint or anything (far from it, I'm highly in favour of the move), just a minor misconception that continues to amuse me.

SAJewers wrote:Current Portal Connected to new HUB:
-Bontoon Bluffs
- (snip) I simply dug a set of stairs down to the already built railway.

I really ought to go back over there at some point and do *some*thing interesting with it. As fun as a weenie little frontier farming outpost is, it feels like it could be so much more. Still, I appreciate the extra effort for a place I figured would have just been quietly forgotten by this point.

SAJewers wrote:Not touched:
-Ysmault

I wouldn't expect any special treatment for it. It's a neat little tourist attraction, but once you've seen the big old lantern, there's figuratively nothing else there. It probably doesn't help that I built it out at ... and I believe this is the technical term... "the ass-end of nowhere". Maybe once I get off my butt and finish terraforming the rest of the island... at the very least, I want to get a start on the "blood" lake.

TL;DR, I'll probably run a rail line out to Ysmault myself at some point, but I'm not all that fussed about it. I'm happy to go along with whatever's most convenient for nearby portal owners and the LRRCraft community in general.

ert+
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 13 Aug 2015, 02:51

Oh, forgot to mention, for Bontoon Bluffs, the walking road was widened to a 3x3, and the walls were prettied up. Fell free to modify it to your will.

As for Ysmault, we have to get the portals for Beleriand's stuff anyway, so we'll probably just tunnel out to there from the new HUB. Feel free though, to to make a rail up top there (I know Bosco has a rail out to his place).

Only changes since Monday that I know are Dunn Osprey being marked now on the Dynmap, and Cameronville getting a portal.
ChroniclerC
First Video: Formal Complaint

Postby ChroniclerC » 18 Aug 2015, 00:00

I was given to understand that the Hub project was "go ahead and build", so I snagged one of the corridors (R-0-1) and used it to connect to the Northern Nether Rail, thereby connecting myself and Myshpoetry to the hub.
A.K.A. Likal in some places.
Time Zone: US Central. Currently GMT -5
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 18 Aug 2015, 02:34

Well, I built the Post Office tonight. It's basically functional. Just need to get a final go-over with the Mods to see if anything needs tweaking.

ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Postby ritchards » 18 Aug 2015, 11:18

Quick simple question about all this nether hub building... how easy will it be to pop out and do mining in the nether?
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 18 Aug 2015, 12:11

Not too difficult. Just hop on one of the stairways down and go down a few levels to start mining netherrack/quartz. Or take a stair down to lava level if you want that.

SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 18 Aug 2015, 16:40

Speaking of the Nether, I went and built a Blaze Farm, as another XP Grinder if someone is already using the the Pigman Farm or you're getting low spawnrates with the pigmen. There's currently a set of stairs out to it, but if someone wants to put down rails, feel free.
CtMolloy

Postby CtMolloy » 18 Aug 2015, 21:59

I made a video tour of my house, figured I should share it here for anyone interested. https://youtu.be/3X8x9mf8iyU

Return to “Video Games”