Big Changes

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
CamelKnackRambleHort
First Video: Cursing

Big Changes

Postby CamelKnackRambleHort » 24 Aug 2015, 09:39

Hey people. I hope I am not breaking forum etiquette by posting a "me!" thread, I usually just hang out in chat so I am not deeply familiar with how I should act here. But this is really important to me.

I am MTF trans. It has only been a few months since I started coming out to select individuals, including my wife and a handful of trusted friends. I have also been making a concerted effort over the last few weeks to integrate my true identity into my day to day life wherever I can feel safe about it. I recently came out to the last person who could readily connect this online identity to my real world identity, so I now feel it is safe to do so here. Plus, this is really the only online community I feel a real connection with so I don't want to burn this account and reregister.

So let it be known, though I have formerly presented here as male, I am actually female and will be presenting as such from this time forward.

Thank you for your time.

P.S. If you are curious about anything to do with trans people or have other questions, please feel free to ask here or send me a PM. I have been burying this for a long time and it really helps to be open about it. You would actually be doing me a favor by asking, and I wont be offended by anything you say. But do keep in mind that trans people are a diverse bunch and I can only speak for myself.
She/her please
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Re: Big Changes

Postby Jamfalcon » 24 Aug 2015, 09:46

Awesome, congratulations on having the courage to come out! And don't worry about posting a thread like this, nothing wrong with it. :)
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Volafortis
First Video: I am a spam bot.

Postby Volafortis » 24 Aug 2015, 13:14

First off, congratulations! It takes a lot of courage to stand up and claim your identity.

The LRR community in general is pretty great and accepting, I know there are a few other trans folk that hang around here (myself among them). So if you ever want to talk to myself or anyone else you find, feel free to send a PM.
Psyclone
First Video: Christmas Carolling on Halloween

Postby Psyclone » 26 Aug 2015, 22:02

Seconding what volafortis said. Congratulations, and I hope the rest of your coming-out process goes well for you.
They/them/their pronouns

twitch: armadillorampant
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 26 Aug 2015, 22:49

Hey Camel! There is nothing wrong with posting your own thread, but feel free to check the LGBT thread for support as well if you haven't done so yet. I totally understand the need to make a specific thread for something as bit as coming out though. Thanks for trusting us with this! I hope the people you know in person are/will be understanding and supportive.
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
Arclight_Dynamo
First Video: Desert Bus 1

Postby Arclight_Dynamo » 27 Aug 2015, 10:01

I just wanted to add my congrats, too, CamelKnack! :)
CamelKnackRambleHort
First Video: Cursing

Postby CamelKnackRambleHort » 27 Aug 2015, 12:02

Thanks for all the words of support. By the way, everyone I have come out to in person has been very supportive and awesome, so I am doing very well.
She/her please
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 27 Aug 2015, 14:24

Congratulations! As a male dating someone who is MTF (and decently known in the community) I can't totally comprehend your situation but I am happy that you've made the big change! If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me.
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.

Return to “General Discussion”