TTC Crack-A-Pack Fest 2

Discuss our latest podcast about Magic: The Gathering.
Graham
Super Moderator

TTC Crack-A-Pack Fest 2

Postby Graham » 26 Aug 2015, 08:30

Join Graham, Paul, and Cameron on this weeks TTC for another Crack-A-Pack Fest!
Darwinsfolly
First Video: It was a checkpoint on PA then most the

Re: TTC Crack-A-Pack Fest 2

Postby Darwinsfolly » 26 Aug 2015, 14:48

I think they are re-fering to reflecting as in meditation so not all are reflecting because have you tried to meditate at a swimming pool with a bunch of kids running around?
madman_oreo
First Video: Friday Nights The Return

Postby madman_oreo » 26 Aug 2015, 16:41

So I looked up those yugioh cards on amazon and they're all like 50c a piece, not sure how foil affects the price though...
BaitandSwitch
First Video: Feed Dump

Postby BaitandSwitch » 26 Aug 2015, 16:54

Wow was that Yugioh pack awful. Now I haven't kept up with yugioh in a while, but I did play since Legend of Blue Eyes (yugioh alpha), and stopped when the power creep became absurd (synchro monsters).

The ritual spell card is good for a ritual spell card, but being that it is a ritual spell card, it is entirely toilets. Ritual cards are invariably bad because of the inherent ritual mechanics.

Lol at the fusion card. Such a wall of text. Let me give you the TL:DR: "You lose if you are dumb enough to play this card"
BenMarc
First Video: Interrupt this Program

Postby BenMarc » 27 Aug 2015, 22:21

Technically, Tempest block took place on Rath, not Dominaria. But thanks to the Overlay, Rath and Dominaria are now the same plane, so...

No, Scourge is not part of the Weatherlight story. The Weatherlight story was Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Exodus, Mercadian Masques, Nemesis, Invasion, Planeshift, and Apocalypse. And, technically, Urza's block was a prequel to the whole thing.

In Onslaught block, the Mirari's magic was mutating everyone on the continent. That's why the human wizard looks like a blob monster.

The Riptide Project was a group of wizards trying to go all John Hammond on a bunch of sliver fossils. But as anyone who knows anything about Jurassic Park can guess, it ended poorly. So, the thing that the Riptide Survivor survived is an entire island overrun with slivers.

I think WotC is saving the resolution of the Guilds vs Guildless conflict for Ravnica block 3. Hopefully, at least...

Is it sad that I was able to figure out, based on your description, that the card depicted on the Planeshift booster is Draco?
Captain Technicality, away!!!
*makes whooshing noises with mouth*
mikeyjh
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby mikeyjh » 28 Aug 2015, 05:41

Thank you Captain Technicality.

No it's not. It shows your knowledge on the subject. Or at the very least your willingness to research it. There is nothing sad about knowing something that you like. Knowing history fake or real is not sad. Wanting to spread that historical knowledge is not sad either.

BenMarc wrote:Is it sad that I was able to figure out, based on your description, that the card depicted on the Planeshift booster is Draco?
Clypheous
First Video: Checkpoint Episode One

Postby Clypheous » 28 Aug 2015, 12:21

I'm going to just start buying bulk homelands cards to build into a giant boat, load that boat full of packs of homelands, set it out to sea and shoot it with a fire arrow.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 03 Sep 2015, 04:22

Regarding Evaporate, Gatherer says "A creature which is both blue and white only takes one damage."
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Jonci
First Video: Some ENN video

Postby Jonci » 09 Sep 2015, 13:30

What do you do with the cards you open once the box fills up? I feel like it'd make for a great random draft.
I'm not insane. I just have an overly vivid imagination!

Return to “TapTapConcede”