Let's Make some Marios Super!

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Let's Make some Marios Super!

Postby Kapol » 19 Sep 2015, 17:56

With LRR streaming some Mario Maker right now, and it being a big new release, what better time to make a thread for us to share our levels? Share your course ideas, and give feedback here. Plus, we can share tips, ideas, and so forth!

Here are my personal levels so far:

Lucario's Bouncing Plight: ID: 250A-0000-0043-BBAE This is my first level. I wanted to use my amiibo, and... well, I did what I could with a limited base of materials.

Tunnel of Terror: ID: 0DF2-0000-0044-AA42 I couldn't think of a better name. My second level. I'm much happier with it. Though it has a low completion rate. Feedback would be appreciated.
jkefka
First Video: Does Desert Bus count? Feed dump if not

Re: Let's Make some Marios Super!

Postby jkefka » 19 Sep 2015, 18:08

Boy do I have levels.

Time Trial 1: D0A7-0000-0026-85C4
Does what it says on the tin. Great if you like speedrunning.

P Pow Puzzle: 2FBD-0000-0027-59B1
This one is not a normal level. It's a puzzle involving P switches and POW blocks. Requires more cleverness than reflexes.

Just a door: 8902-0000-0028-CDB2
Simple autoplayer.

Find the shell: DE37-0000-0014-4CC0
Another puzzly level but one that requires a lot more in the way of reflexes.
When the upkeep takes longer than the main phase, I know I've done my job well.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 23 Sep 2015, 15:13

Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 24 Sep 2015, 02:04

Thanks Memo. It's too bad it the doc had to be closed due to trolling, though. :/

jkefka: Did you want feedback, or just to share your levels?

Also, I finished another stage. I... don't like how it turned out. I meant for it to be a lot easier than it is. I went a bit insane with boos, as I wanted to make a real 'ghost house.' I don't think it's incredibly difficult. But I did try to make it tricky. Anyways, I present to you:

Spoopifer's House. ID: 825B-0000-0068-4191

Feel free to give me some feedback and thoughts. Again, it's meant to be a bit tricky. If anyone needs hints, here are some, in order of importance:

1: You need the spring from the second room in the third room. Look at the top right corner to see your path.
2: The tracks are there for a reason. If in doubt, try jumping at the edge for a while. You might be able to climb out of this mess.
3: A P-switch is important near the end. The musical thwomps might be able to give you what you need.
4: Despite seeming like there are two groups of two blocks, the center of the five does not hold a boo. It may be ghostly, but it's there, and will bring you fire.
5: Unless the only way forward is a door, do not enter any. You don't need to go through any beyond the first two. It's a trap!
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Omega Lairon » 26 Sep 2015, 23:57

So here's a thing

67CB-0000-0074-8C70

It's not all that good - I tried to just make a basic "could potentially actually exist" kind of level that isn't all that gimmicky or tough. As a result, it probably comes off as kinda short and lame, but I stand by it. The good news though is that there's absolutely no obnoxious SFX blocks! (Just my own opinion... I watched some of the Crossing the Streams, and the "funny" noises and effects people put in annoyed the f*** out of me. Easily the worst part of any given level.)

Also, while I'm (mostly) on the topic - having to unlock most of the blocks / enemies / things felt like a super dumb decision. Something something "trying to paint with only 2 colours". I almost wouldn't have minded *as much* if the unlock system was at least a little more interesting than "make huge level, fill with coins, delete, repeat". It just felt like the game was deliberately wasting my time.

But those minor points aside, I still think it's a super sweet game which I look forward to utterly forgetting all about after the next week or so, once the initial hype wears off.

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
farleyf
First Video: Strip Search

Postby farleyf » 14 Oct 2015, 19:01

Hey Everybody

I made a course i think people might like called Chomp Chomp Baby - Code EC2C-0000-00A8-E4F5.

It does exactly what it says on the box

i'm interested in feedback from everyone both good and bad
F For Farley
F For Flavors
F For Fabulous
F For Fast
F For Food

Come Join Hodor Squad
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

HS Discord Channel
https://discord.gg/JYqvAkU

Return to “Video Games”