Television We're Watching Now

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Re: Television We're Watching Now

Postby Ptangmatik » 01 Oct 2015, 02:08

Call me crazy, but I don't think that was a monstrous inhuman, pretty sure it was a Kree
(Agents of Shield spoilers)
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 01 Oct 2015, 03:01

It didn't look like one of them. They don't have spines.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 01 Oct 2015, 04:19

I first thought it was a Kree too, but according to the background info I've seen, it was an Inhuman called Lash.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Ptangmatik

Postby Ptangmatik » 01 Oct 2015, 05:42

Ah, I see what you mean. Colour me corrected
Darkflame
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Darkflame » 01 Oct 2015, 13:22

Limitless epp1 - Like Minority Report, another TV show from a film. Not a bad start either. Hard too see it keeping the quality though as I suspect it will quickly fall into typical "crime procedural with gimmick"
http://www.fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
--
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+. Give us a like if you can, it all helps.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 06 Oct 2015, 08:48

Who ever cast the actor playing Jerome in Gotham has to be commended.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
MotorWaffle
First Video: Phailhaus #3

Postby MotorWaffle » 06 Oct 2015, 09:08

I enjoyed Minority Report infinitely more than Rosewood at any rate, but that may just be the different personalities of the three pre-cogs and the overall background mystery of what the sister and brother are seeing about this cop's future.

I was also super skeptical about bring any kind of Joker origin in Gotham, but like Elomin said, the actor playing Jerome just nails it. He seems to have a great blend of Ledger, Nicholson and even a nice bit of Romero sprinkled in that's just fun to watch.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 06 Oct 2015, 11:01

I'm actually zoning out of Minority Report. Interest for the first episode was high then quickly declined. Now in episode three the shoddy green screen is too distracting.

At least The Flash us back on tonight.
MisterDee
First Video: It's Magic

Postby MisterDee » 06 Oct 2015, 22:12

MotorWaffle wrote:I was also super skeptical about bring any kind of Joker origin in Gotham, but like Elomin said, the actor playing Jerome just nails it. He seems to have a great blend of Ledger, Nicholson and even a nice bit of Romero sprinkled in that's just fun to watch.

That was a great casting.

Story-wise, I'm very glad Jerome is dead, and before he could name himself the Joker. Him being an inspiration for the future Joker(s) works much better. Besides, as much as I like Gordon, he can't be the one to defeat the actual, real Joker. That's would make the Batman obsolete.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 07 Oct 2015, 11:46

The return of Flash was good. Surprised to see Adam 'Edge' Coppeland as Atom Smasher. Would have liked to have seen more screen time fighting Flash, but because of his medical issues with his neck it had to be a little stilted.
Darkflame

Postby Darkflame » 16 Oct 2015, 09:28

Now 4 epps in, I think Limitless wins for best new show for me. Really fun. Creative editing, good humor.
I especially love how they show the "grunt work" the FBI has to do rather then just the "action stuff" too.
--
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+. Give us a like if you can, it all helps.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 16 Oct 2015, 10:14

The use of subtitles in the recent episode of Agents of SHIELD was humorous, it wasn't too hard to understand what they were saying.
Darkflame

Postby Darkflame » 16 Oct 2015, 10:58

Yeah I liked that :D
While its still patchy in places, I appreciate Shield has got a lot more complex. Quite a few plot threads, lots of factions. Makes it more interesting then most of its earlier episodes.
--
Darkflame

Postby Darkflame » 09 Nov 2015, 13:38

Heroes Reborn - Wow, you know this season is holding up far better then the last ones. It always had good ideas here and there, but rarely did things tie together well. Characters often felt like they didnt know what to do with them.
This season (so far) has been pretty tight - all the characters seem to have been worked out pretty well.

Limitless - Really enjoying this still. Quite creative in places.

Minority Report - Sadly seems a bit more standard. Watching mostly for the depiction of the future.
--
Ptangmatik

Postby Ptangmatik » 01 Dec 2015, 07:40

Yeah, Limitless has a nice sense of humour about it all, though sometimes when everyone puts on their serious face the tonal swing can be a bit dramatic. Its not to the same degree that other shows have done so, so I don't find it egregious.

The latest episode of the Walking Dead, now: Everyone's reaction to the big start to the episode was to fall the hell over. Seriously, they all need better shoes. Enjoying the show nonetheless.

I still can't consider going back to heroes after what happened to the original series. Maybe I'll binge it someday.
Goblin_Ski_Patrol
First Video: Unskippable: The Darkness

Postby Goblin_Ski_Patrol » 01 Dec 2015, 11:02

I mostly watch sports on regular TV (proper football, Baseball and American football).

I am currently watching:
House of Cards (partway through Season 2)
The Thick of It (Just have Series 4 left)
Peep Show (through Series 6)
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 01 Dec 2015, 17:11

Was hearing a ton of good things about Jessica Jones, so I thought I'd finish watching the other MCU shows and give it a shot.

Sorry, did I say "finish"? I mean start. Haven't been keeping up, so now I have 2 Seasons of Agents of Shield, a mini-season of Agent Carter, and a season of Dardevil to power my way through.

Did season 1 of Agents in about a week, though.
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 10 May 2016, 06:48

The showdown of Penguin and Butch vs Azrael in this week's episode of Gotham was really good.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 18 May 2016, 06:15

I knew it was coming but I wasn't ready for this episode of NCIS.
Darkflame

Postby Darkflame » 18 May 2016, 10:18

Disappointed with Season2 of DareDevil.
Great acting, good character dialogue, and some superb fight scenes.

But the plot? Well, thats the first time I have seen a show with a littoral plothole.
--
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 18 May 2016, 12:13

Literal.
I guess you're refering to the dug hole.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 18 May 2016, 18:12

I'm assuming/hoping the hole will come back into play with Electra's resurrection storyline.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Robo4900 » 19 May 2016, 02:38

I thought the entire Electra storyline was awful in so many ways, but I liked everything else enough to offset it. Particularly the whole Punisher thing, that was amazing.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Darkflame

Postby Darkflame » 19 May 2016, 03:25

It could certainly come back (in either another season or any of the other Netflix shows), but..
Even the characters seem to forget about it pretty quickly. :-/
Also, theres more unexplained (I think);
- Those kids with their whole blood being drained thing. Why was that done?
- And why did that make them....I dunno...indoctrinated? hypnotized? (or did something else do that?)
- The whole "black sky" thing. Last season it was a kid, this season its now electra. Still basically completely unexplained.
- So, that big box is a Stargate-esq Sarcoficious that they keep around in case their precious Black Sky dies? Ok..I guess. But I thought they implied someone was in it earlier. (maybe my mistake there though)
- Someone shot up the Reyess office killing her, who did and why? Was that ever covered?

It just seems all a bit of a mess to me. The first season was pretty tight, very little left hanging. This one I fear has had a lot of stuff sort of put in for the cool imagery factor without a plan where to go with it.

As I said though - if you subtract the "big plot stuff" pretty much everything else is still well done. The "smaller plots", the character interactions - especially between Matt and Foggy - they all seem very real.
Last edited by Darkflame on 19 May 2016, 07:32, edited 1 time in total.
--
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 19 May 2016, 05:26

I did think the Punisher plot was a lot better/tighter than the Electra plot (though it probably would have dragged had it being the entirety of the season). I think Electra/Black Sky needed an entire season to wholly explore it, and they should have used something else as the "A Plot" for the second half of the season - but on the other hand, they did set up Black Sky in S1, so they did have to at least come back to it this season.

Return to “General Discussion”