Qwerpline Ep02 - Damnable Dams

Talk about the most popular radio show on QWRP FM from scenic nsburg.
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Qwerpline Ep02 - Damnable Dams

Postby Paul » 14 Sep 2015, 07:55

The second episode of Qwerpline! Catch up on all the news, traffic, and newest retardants in nsburg. Derek's on location, Richard's in the Qwopter, and a concerned citizen calls in.
The Martini
First Video: Installing Linux

Re: Qwerpline Ep01 - Damnable Dams

Postby The Martini » 14 Sep 2015, 08:19

Kept getting better as the episode went on, peaking with Lor...Ms. Schli...caller. Then, I was disappointed that it ended before I got to find out: how many beavers DOES it take to flood the highway? Because it happened!
Gin. Vermouth. Olives.
Jonci
First Video: Some ENN video

Postby Jonci » 14 Sep 2015, 08:55

Mystery Box did not disappoint with this new feature.
I'm not insane. I just have an overly vivid imagination!
DericWadleigh
First Video: Crapshots Ep. 25 - The Punishment

Postby DericWadleigh » 14 Sep 2015, 13:51

OH. MAH. GAWD.

That was painfully stupid. I can't even imagine the fact that there is probably alive out there who is EXACTLY like that.
"Hi! I'm the Doctor! Do everything I tell you, don't ask stupid questions, and don't wander off!"
KyrieEleison
First Video: Desert Bus 5

Postby KyrieEleison » 14 Sep 2015, 22:40

This is my favorite thing to come from the Mystery Box.

Is there a possibility we could see some of the behind-the-scenes stuff in a Loading Time? I'd love to see Qwerpline in its purest uncut form.
It's not epic unless it's dactylic hexameter.

landofanalie.wordpress.com
KiwiRogue
First Video: Unskippable: Dirge of Cerberus

Postby KiwiRogue » 14 Sep 2015, 23:00

KyrieEleison wrote:This is my favorite thing to come from the Mystery Box.

Is there a possibility we could see some of the behind-the-scenes stuff in a Loading Time? I'd love to see Qwerpline in its purest uncut form.

This. I'd like to see the video of you guys breaking up talking about the "wee-fees".

I must say, this is great to listen to in the car on my way to/from work.
theycallmejokke
First Video: Unskipperble: Lost Plant 2 - Part 1

Postby theycallmejokke » 15 Sep 2015, 02:49

I was somewhat down on the pilot episode, and while I don't think Qwerpline will ever be on my list of favorite LRR things, I enjoyed this episode much much more.
"You have the right to remain silent. Mostly because I tire of your excuses."
kimiyoribaka
First Video: Unskippable -- that sonic game

Postby kimiyoribaka » 15 Sep 2015, 03:23

I just verified that I am incapable of doing other things while listening to this. There's just too much funny.

I really like that the moments of breaking character are accompanied by a clearly different sound level. It makes it easy to tell what is and isn't in-character.
RedHelveticaCake
First Video: Feed Dump 146
Location: Toronto, floating 4' off the ground, next to a sink

Postby RedHelveticaCake » 15 Sep 2015, 06:21

This episode wasn't really working for me, I don't know why. Maybe because I have dealt with people like the weefees lady sometime in my distant past when I worked in retail? Sure as hell wasn't funny then. See also: people being lousy at their jobs (eg: Richter in the traffic QWOPter, intern Derek).
You can lead an idiot to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
7SecondsLeft
First Video: Checkpoint on PATV

Postby 7SecondsLeft » 15 Sep 2015, 08:10

If it wasn't for people breaking up into laughter, this is what I imagine local radio is really like in the US.

A++++, great podcast, would listen again. :D
Bratmon
First Video: Ways to make money

Postby Bratmon » 15 Sep 2015, 12:34

I love Qwerpline.

I have a question: How many pelts could Derek possibly have charged to the radio station for an all you can eat buffet?
FITorion
First Video: One of the Check Points about a year ago

Postby FITorion » 15 Sep 2015, 19:47

I'd love to see the recording session live streamed. Like Checkpoint.
Then I'd like the Youtube cut to be more tightly cut.

The breakdowns in the current form break immersion in the world you're creating... and don't go on long enough to get the live improv atmosphere of being there with you guys going. They're in a middle ground between the two which doesn't really work for me.

I'd love to see the recording session... since you're already recording it... would it be that much more trouble to stream it? Are you using the streaming set up to do the recording anyway or are you boom micing it? I don't know if what I'm asking for is too onerous or not. So I'm asking if it is...

I wouldn't want 2 cut versions of the show. Just the one you're already doing cut more tightly and the livestream could go up the same as the other loading ready live stuff.
Jonci
First Video: Some ENN video

Postby Jonci » 16 Sep 2015, 11:13

On the topic of edits. I didn't mind the left-in laugh fits, kinda like knowing what parts even break you guys. But I didn't like the out of character chatter, like Kathleen's pause to describe her character.

I don't think a separate video is necessary though. If people want to see the filming or more raw version, that could just cuts into the monthly Loading Time.
I'm not insane. I just have an overly vivid imagination!
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 16 Sep 2015, 13:39

Leaving in the laughter is great, I actually like it as a break from the absurdity of nsburg - without it, I think Qwerpline would actually get a bit stale from playing it completely straight. But yeah, out-of-character chatter should be kept to a minimum, I think that can remove you too much from the Qwerpline, taking longer for the listener to get back in the spirit of nsburg then when you just have a laughing fit.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Anaerin
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby Anaerin » 16 Sep 2015, 17:17

Slipping into character for a moment...
Dear Sirs.
How dare you!

We of the Winter Court were dismayed by your caller's mangling of the pronunciation of our campaign, and object to it being used to further anthropocentric profit-mongering.

For years now, the smallest members of the Sidhe have been tirelessly carrying your messages across great distances, but in recent years the proliferation of devices, and the slavery-inducing 802.11 accords, have ensured that the smallest folk of the realm; pixies, fairies and sprites, have been unfairly taken advantage of. We started the "Free Wee Fae" (Initial poster runs were spelled with an accent, and for that we apologize) campaign to bring to light the plight our compatriots suffer, working long hours for no consideration whatsoever.

We never thought we would reach the day where the old adage, that any sufficiently advanced Magick is indistinguishable from technology, would come true, but alas it appears these are the days we live in.

So, in conclusion, we Sidhe of the Winter Court would like an apology from yourselves at QWRP, for the careless handling of this obviously sensitive topic. And we trust that you will treat all fae with care and due respect in the future.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 17 Sep 2015, 13:04

Enjoyable, though not quite on par with the first one. I think the first one used its running gags of the missing pot holes and unbelievable humidity to greater effect.

My thoughts:

o. Disliked the old wife is the closet. Cute gag, but slightly diminishes the straight man status of the two hosts that really lets this material shine.
o. Alex's pool hall story, on the other hand, was pure gold. Alex is general is nailing his part was ease, balancing a palpable sense of boredom and snark with hilarious naivity. It's a weird brew. Graham feels a touch like his Checkpoint persona but that's perhaps inevitable.
o. Count me in with those wanting tighter editing, but not COMPLETELY tight editing. For the most part I want to get lost in the joke, but a sparingly used corpse can and is hilariously effective.
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 17 Sep 2015, 23:36

I've listened to this four times now and it keeps getting better.
Cokey
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Cokey » 26 Sep 2015, 00:32

Oh. My. God. So funny! I'll have to remember not to listen to this while out walking. I don't need more weird looks from passers by. :D

While some people may not like the out of character sections, I enjoy them. Please leave them in. :)
"I'm concerned that we're sitting here like I'm a responsible adult. I'm pretty sure I stopped growing up in my teens and have been faking ever since."
http://xkcd.com/616/

This post should not be taken too seriously.
mikeyjh
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby mikeyjh » 29 Sep 2015, 20:30

finally found this.

Lost it at the call in.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 07 Oct 2015, 12:03

With respect to breaking character, I feel it is fine when someone, especially Graham or Alex, cracks up in response to what one of the other characters is doing. I feel it is more of an issue when someone laughs about what they are saying and I did not like Kathleen breaking character to say that what she was saying about the wifis was really stupid.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
FITorion
First Video: One of the Check Points about a year ago

Re: Qwerpline Ep02 - Damnable Dams

Postby FITorion » 26 Oct 2015, 01:03

I've been writing up the individual episode wiki pages. I'm bad at writing synopsis though so I'd like it if someone else did that. http://wiki.loadingreadyrun.com/index.php?title=Qwerpline_Ep02_-_Damnable_Dams

Return to “Qwerpline”