Sixth Annual Secret Santa: Sign Ups Now Closed

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Sixth Annual Secret Santa: Sign Ups Now Closed

Postby Elomin Sha » 21 Oct 2015, 15:44

I thought I'd get the ball rolling now as I'm going to be going to Belgium next week

WHAT IT IS:

To celebrate the holiday we will be doing a Christmas gift exchange! This is where you will send someone a gift under $10.00 in the mail and you in return will receive one.

PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE: This is an International Gift Exchange. Your Secret Santa could live on the other side of the world! Unless you want to pay 3x as much for shipping as you did for the gift, keep the gift size small and light. Do not send weapons. Do not send food. These things will more than likely be confiscated by customs if you get someone across the pond from you. If you need help with how to ship something visit your local post office for the best advice. Alternatively, if you don’t feel creative or want to save all together on shipping, online gift cards are fabu in style!

DONATIONS: The previous head of the LRRSS, Rocket, asked for small donations of $1-$3 for Santees who somehow were stiffed on gifts through accidents, lost mail or other. And if all presents made it the donation will go to DB. I won't do that this year but will cover anyone with missing gifts personally, I'm nice. IF you still wish to do so anyway give me a PM and I will sort things out.

IMPORTANT:
Also, because of the time of year please expect some gifts to be delayed, especially if gifts are being shipped internationally.
Anyone who enters Secret Santa this year but does not send a gift will be banned for next year.

HOW IT WORKS:

1.Respond to this thread with your username and the word: CONFIRMED in ALL CAPS AND YELLOW.

It should look like this:

ELOMIN SHA: CONFIRMED

2.Below your username, please include a bit about yourself to give your secret santa an idea of what you like. Please don’t make it a “gift wish list”. Put this part in GREEN!

It should look something like this:

I am a pyromaniac with a sensitive side. I like fires and setting things on fire but I like to express myself artistically through the medium of dance. Cha cha cha!

Now, this is just to give your secret santa an idea of who you are and what types of things you like. This is beneficial if people are newer to the forums and don’t have a strong feel of what you might like. This is not a gift wish list. It is not a reflection of what you may receive as a gift. It is entirely up to the giver what they want to send you! Don’t feel restricted by the ‘blurb’ – use as much imagination and creativity as you want! Gifts are not limited to purchasing; you can absolutely make your gift if you are feeling crafty!

What it should NOT look like:

Give me a chalk duster.

3.PM me your mailing address and a REAL name. Rocket had issues in the past with the post office and forum names. Please make sure to include your zip or postal. I do NOT keep addresses after the Secret Santa season is over, so if you assume I still have your info from last year, I do not. It is all deleted because I feel like keeping your personal information is weird and I don’t like it. Note: I will not be selling your details onto the NSA.

4.LAST DAY TO SIGN UP IS NOVEMBER 22nd. I will not take names after that. I tried to accommodate late sign ups in years past, and it made things very difficult! Some people didn’t end up getting their gifts until February! This gives you a week and a bit if you want to sign up.

5.Names will be drawn on the 23rd. You will get a pm with your Secret Santa as well as their address. You can then visit this thread to read the blurb about your secret santa if you need ideas.

6.Go forth and get or make a gift!

Please have your gift sent out by 8th December.

AGAIN: Mail is CRAZY SAUCE during Christmas and will probably take weeks to get to your Secret Santa. Especially if you get someone far away. Feel free to include a card or a note, and please include your forum name in your package. I know this means you don’t get to guess who your secret santa is in the end, but honestly, you can’t send a package in the mail without including your name and addy, so it’s a giveaway already.

7.When you receive your package please do not post on the forum WHO your package was from since people won’t get their packages at the same time and the process of elimination makes it less fun. However! Feel free to post photos of your super awesome gift and the glee on your face! <--- The most fun!

8.Have a Merry Christmas!

Also again note: if you need to drop out please tell me BEFORE NOVEMBER 25th. If you sign up and then do not deliver on your promise, you will not be eligible for next years secret santa as it is completely unfair of you to accept a gift and not send one.

AND OFFICIAL SIGN UP GO GO GO GO GO!!!
Last edited by Elomin Sha on 22 Nov 2015, 11:31, edited 3 times in total.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Elomin Sha

Re: Sixth Annual Secret Santa: Sign Ups Start Now

Postby Elomin Sha » 21 Oct 2015, 15:46

An aging Gamer who enjoys art, Japan and ancient history. Get off my lawn.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
fantôme
First Video: mtgo drafts

Postby fantôme » 21 Oct 2015, 16:04

Elomin Sha your yellow & green are the wrong way round! Unless I am colour-blind...
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 21 Oct 2015, 16:12

They are backwards, Elomin, are you tricking us?
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 21 Oct 2015, 16:13

korvys: CONFIRMED

A MtG player and judge. Into geek culture in general (isn't that helpful?). Enjoys learning new things, clever things. Has a budding interest in Japan, linguistics, cooking, and the Oxford comma.

Indeed, the colours are backwards from the text, but I made mine match the example.
Last edited by korvys on 21 Oct 2015, 17:44, edited 2 times in total.
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 21 Oct 2015, 16:15

Duckay: Confirmed

I play magic and love horror. Also I watch too much television but not the good stuff that has cred. Most of my interests are tied up in the above.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 21 Oct 2015, 16:17

I don't know what you guys are talking about. It's not like I skim read what I did last year and got it wrong and now writing a shor meandering post to make it look like I am not wrong with my caffuffles, or, to hide the fact I edited the first post to prove I am righ.
GET OFF MY ROOF!
Booster
First Video: Checkpoint- Episode 1

Postby Booster » 21 Oct 2015, 16:38

Booster: CONFIRMED
I enjoy Magic the Gathering, Nintendo stuff, Harry Potter, Star Trek (especially TNG and DS9) and Star Wars
MinniChi
First Video: Your Very Own Prom

Postby MinniChi » 21 Oct 2015, 17:36

MinniChi: Confirmed

I enjoy cooking, reading (sci-fi/fantasy), most major nerd franchises (Star wars, Pokémon, Harry Potter, MTG, minecraft, D&D, etc.). I do spend more time on my computer than I should as well.

OK, just in case, what pokemon should I make for my secret Santa this year? I made a Spoink a couple years ago.
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 21 Oct 2015, 23:56

Fayili: CONFIRMED

I like knitting, reading, and watching a lot of nerdy old scifi shows (Star Treks, Stargate, etc.) I have a fondness for dragons. I like to cook and bake, but don't do it as much as I want to. My favourite colour is purple, and I'm currently doing my Master of Information and Library Science so I can become a YA librarian.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 22 Oct 2015, 01:11

Ptangmatik: CONFIRMED

I'm a total nerd for, among other things, sci fi, puzzles, Tolkienesque fantasy, alt comedy, maths, dinosaurs, board games, d&d. (also I only know 1st gen pokemon)
Last edited by Ptangmatik on 29 Oct 2015, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 22 Oct 2015, 03:23

Lord Hosk: CONFIRMED

I like stuff! Actually I don't like stuff at all, I appreciate thoughtfulness. If I had my choice between a $100 gift card and a hand made construction paper card I would choose the later. Classic Star Wars, Anything by Joss Wheadon, LoadingReadyRun, MTG, Board Games, as well as historical reference, and I love the "what you might not have known" pop up video style of history shows "you know the big stuff but did you know..."

My Christmas wish list for the past 6 years has been "Donations to ChildsPlay Charity, Donations to the Fisher House"
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 29 Oct 2015, 17:03

I could swore I posted this...

King Kool: CONFIRMED

Other than to say I'm not a Magic player, you get no hints from me. Go nuts.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 29 Oct 2015, 19:33

Deedles: CONFIRMED

I like stuff like The Legend of Zelda, Star Wars, Babylon 5, Moomin, World of Warcraft, Hatoful Boyfriend(it's my busdamn JAM, sonny!), among other such things. I also have a thing for White and Black Knights/Paladins and Death Knights/Jedi and Sith/Light and dark/that kind of dealio. It's in large part 'cause I have a love for romantic concepts like honour, chivalry, camaraderie, and all that stuff! Very King Arthur-esque.

Just... be creative! :D

(EDIT: Just had to add that I love your avatar, Kool! Recently re-watched most of that show! :) )
Hurp-De-Durp!
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 29 Oct 2015, 20:45

(Future-proofing this, my avatar at this time is from the opening of Jem.)

I'm slowly hammering though the show. I didn't realize when I'd started, that it was the thirtieth anniversary of the premiere recently (which was probably also a motivating factor in releasing that movie version, which was really bad).
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 30 Oct 2015, 01:59

Phailhammer: CONFIRMED
I'm a recent games development graduate. I mainly play strategy games, thought I'm not averse to FPSs or RPGs. Aside from that, I'm a fan of anime and sci-fi (stuff like Higurashi, Durarara!!, Halo, Star Wars). I'm fairly big on history as well, mainly ancient and modern, with a bit of Byzantium mixed in.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Deedles

Postby Deedles » 30 Oct 2015, 07:15

King Kool wrote:(Future-proofing this, my avatar at this time is from the opening of Jem.)

I'm slowly hammering though the show. I didn't realize when I'd started, that it was the thirtieth anniversary of the premiere recently (which was probably also a motivating factor in releasing that movie version, which was really bad).

Aw man, sad to hear that the movie tanked. I guess it isn't too surprising, but hoped that it'd be good.
Hurp-De-Durp!
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 30 Oct 2015, 18:27

AVISTEW: CONFIRMED
I like cats, the colour red, point-and-click adventure games and fantasy/sci-fi. I also love languages, I'm a translator (french/english) and I'm learning Spanish.

I haven't participated in a few years but I'm looking forward to doing so again :)
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 01 Nov 2015, 15:08

Bump.
MinniChi

Postby MinniChi » 06 Nov 2015, 18:04

BUMP!

Come and join! It is fun!
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 07 Nov 2015, 06:23

Ok, after putting it of for years because I'm terrible at buying gifts I'll join for once.

Dutch Guy: CONFIRMED

I'm a 28 year old Dutchman who flies gliders (sailplanes to USAers), enjoys archery, computer gaming (minecraft and FPS games mostly) and toying around with electronics components.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
MinniChi

Postby MinniChi » 07 Nov 2015, 10:23

Hooray!!
wondermoo
First Video: desert bus 5

Postby wondermoo » 07 Nov 2015, 18:34

Wondermoo-CONFIRMED

I like the color blue, volunteering with Habitat for Humanity, foreign films and plaing RPGs on my laptop/PS3.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 10 Nov 2015, 00:15

Evil Jim CONFIRMED

I was sad that I missed out on this last year, so I'm happy to find the post. Some random stuff...

I used to be more of a regular but bad stuff happened & I got lost.
I'm into retro video games, H. P. Lovecraft, snacks, 3D photography & pinball.
I still use the Game Boy Camera from 1998 for photography & buy used ones to snoop the old photos left by other users.
I live within driving Distance of the House on the Rock, as featured in Neil Gaiman's American Gods. I go there every year because it's an amazing place.
I've always wanted to travel to the UK, visit old towns & eat pub food.
Regional snackfoods are fun to sample, but you can't always find them in your area.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Hekla
First Video: The Whole Story: Desert Bus

Postby Hekla » 10 Nov 2015, 13:23

HEKLA: CONFIRMED

Hmm. This is difficult. I like islands - take from that what you will. I also have an enduring fascination with Iceland. I dabble in computer stuff, delight in travelling, and have a decent appetite for reading novels (I love Ursula K. Le Guin's work at the moment). I've also just moved from the UK, so I guess I'm missing UK stuff a bit.
I'm also QuintonDreaming. Stupid username availability prevents me from always being an Icelandic volcano.

Return to “General Discussion”