Let's NOPE pre-voting

Discuss your favourite LRR streams!
ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Re: Let's NOPE pre-voting

Postby ritchards » 08 Feb 2015, 00:19

Speaking of Alchemilla mod, I just watched VoidBurger finish playing through it... it doesn't get any better... and it's SIX HOURS LONG!!! And the ending is just dull. But you do get to find many more keys and do stupid puzzles...
SkylerRingtail
First Video: Annette: Internet Receptionist @Escapist

Postby SkylerRingtail » 13 Feb 2015, 20:02

A couple horror titles are coming out on Steam (or have come out recently) that look like good candidates, though I haven't played them myself.

Decay: The Mare (http://store.steampowered.com/app/323720/)

Lucius 2 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/296830/)
Lysander
First Video: Daily Drop: Eggs

Postby Lysander » 30 Apr 2015, 07:03

Have you tried a Korean horror game called "White Day?" You play a little kid trapped in a haunted school as ghosts and possessed janitors try to kill you. There aren't any weapons, and the ghosts can hear you if you make too much noise in your explorations.

There are puzzles, however. There are some bugs but fans have made unofficial patches to fix them. And also patches to translate it to English.
Dared00
First Video: The Phone Manner

Postby Dared00 » 02 May 2015, 02:55

Holy shit, the Spooky's House of Jump Scares stream was probably one of the best streams in LRL history. Seeing Graham and Alex slowly creeped by an actually creepy game was amazing.
MagisterMystax
First Video: The Innistrad hat draft on MTGO academy

Postby MagisterMystax » 03 May 2015, 03:46

That was extremely good. It reminded me of the Dollhouse chapter of Alice: Madness Returns in many ways. I had to turn the stream off after about room 150 to not get too spoiled, since I realised I'm definitely going to have to play it on my own stream some time.
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
SohNata
First Video: Unskippable

Postby SohNata » 03 May 2015, 09:55

Full round of applause to that game. I can't remember the last time I was that impressed by a horror game. Hope they revisit it once it's out of Early Access.
talosparoxi
First Video: Bills revenge

Postby talosparoxi » 25 Jul 2015, 09:27

I don't know if this is still the place to suggest lets nope games but I have a good, if short, one. it's called stairs and can be found here: http://gamejolt.com/games/stairs-kickst ... uild/49759
It's a pre alpha but it's just short not crappy, and it does a real good job of building the atmosphere IMO.

edit: also it is free as it's a pre-alpha
PMAvers
First Video: DB4

Postby PMAvers » 28 Jul 2015, 17:02

Speaking of Spooky's House of Jump Scares, apparently they've finished it. Shall we head back?
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 30 Jul 2015, 20:06

PMAvers wrote:Speaking of Spooky's House of Jump Scares, apparently they've finished it. Shall we head back?

Pumpkin says yes.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
DaMage
First Video: Wireless

Postby DaMage » 01 Aug 2015, 20:10

PMAvers wrote:Speaking of Spooky's House of Jump Scares, apparently they've finished it. Shall we head back?

I don't normally watch Lets Nope, but the highlight of Alex's reaction to the pumpkin had me intrigued. Definitely want to see Alex (hopefully with graham again), finish spooky's house.
PMAvers

Postby PMAvers » 07 Aug 2015, 14:09

As a aside, apparently save files broke with the latest version of Spooky's, but the password system should still work to get them back to where they were.

If anyone remembers them.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 07 Aug 2015, 14:56

"Cake" is the password for room 750 (The full key being "Pumpkin Cheesecake").
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Sektor88
First Video: I don't remember D:

Postby Sektor88 » 25 Aug 2015, 19:06

I saw something on Steam Greenlight which looks like it may suffice for a good Let's Nope. It's a Korean horror game called The Coma. It's slated for an October release, so there's still some time there.

I also saw another one a while back also on Steam, called The Music Machine. Seems to have gotten a lot of good reviews. Also chair throwing abound in the gameplay video, hahah.
Last edited by Sektor88 on 08 Jan 2016, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
Zimizebida
First Video: Watched so many I don't recall. :-)

Postby Zimizebida » 28 Aug 2015, 19:55

Apologies if someone's already suggested this game, but I think Yahtzee's Consuming Shadow would be perfect for some or all of a Let's Nope (it's a roguelike with a fairly short per-game length, so a full Let's Nope would prolly be several playthroughs). The game's minimalist art and excellent sound design are very effective IMHO.

It can be found on the Humble store here:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/th ... storefront

And it's coming out soon on Steam Greenlight here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =469475287
TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 08 Sep 2015, 18:51

This might fall into "Watch & Nope" territory... but I'd like to add the Phantasmagoria series to the list.

Right now it's not on Steam (probably due to age), but I was able to find it on GOG.com ( https://www.gog.com/game/phantasmagoria ). The game is horror based & rated Mature (one of the first since the introduction of the ESRB), but it also has a lot of old gaming tropes that aren't used nowadays... FMV, Live Acting & a crapload of blue screen.

Can't really spoil the game (as I haven't played it & what little I've caught online didn't help)... but it really seems up Alex's alley.
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)
Deimir
First Video: Escapist News Network: A Few Good Gamers

Postby Deimir » 19 Sep 2015, 19:12

I'd like to toss Until Dawn into the ring. It being released was the reason I finally broke down and got a PS4. Played through it twice now and still ready for another run.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 20 Sep 2015, 08:50

I've seen parts of Until Dawn played through, and it looks like an excellent game. However, it also contains plenty of mechanics/elements (many of them shared with games like Heavy Rain or Between: Two Souls) that would ruin Alex's enjoyment of the game if he lets them get to him.

So be on the lookout for:
Actions having consequences you don't feel were properly telegraphed or logical conclusions.
A "branching story structure" with "hundreds of endings" that's actually just minor variations within the same overall story.
Bad camera angles and controls on occasion
Quicktime events/decisions
Unrealistic environments and standard environmental tropes
Point-and-click adventure mechanics in general
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
farleyf
First Video: Strip Search

Postby farleyf » 22 Sep 2015, 01:31

I agree with Until Dawn being a good game for Lets Nope. I was hesitant at first about the Quick Time Events but it tends to work in the scenes - it actually helps immerse you in the role as you feel like your in the scene. The Point and Click elements are to find extra items that help the story along but so far are not neccessary to progress the game. It's a good game that i think would be a good stream
F For Farley
F For Flavors
F For Fabulous
F For Fast
F For Food

Come Join Hodor Squad
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

HS Discord Channel
https://discord.gg/JYqvAkU
RoboNixon
First Video: Skeletor's Dick

Postby RoboNixon » 22 Sep 2015, 08:50

I think Until Dawn could be good. Unlike Beyond: Two Souls, characters can die so it seems to have consequences, but I've yet to play it. Does it have implicit storytelling? That's up his alley :)
Learning without thought is labor lost - Confucius
GDwarf
First Video: Unskippable

Postby GDwarf » 23 Sep 2015, 07:55

Obvious suggestion which is obvious is Soma. Same people who did Amnesia, but it apparently goes for a more existential type of horror, in a sci-fi setting rather than a gothic.
May those who accept their fate find happiness; Those who defy it, glory!
RoboNixon
First Video: Skeletor's Dick

Postby RoboNixon » 19 Oct 2015, 07:49

GDwarf wrote:Obvious suggestion which is obvious is Soma. Same people who did Amnesia, but it apparently goes for a more existential type of horror, in a sci-fi setting rather than a gothic.

This
Learning without thought is labor lost - Confucius
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 19 Oct 2015, 08:21

Uhhhh... I guess you didn't watch the last 3 Let's Nopes then, RoboNixon?
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Jonci
First Video: Some ENN video

Postby Jonci » 23 Oct 2015, 13:33

Wonder if Alex will go into Fatal Frame 5 since it released this week.
I'm not insane. I just have an overly vivid imagination!
bookdevourer96
First Video: Untap

Postby bookdevourer96 » 29 Oct 2015, 11:41

Considering what Suzy promised during the Layers of Fear stream, which was to dress up as a bunch of paint all over everywhere for halloween to scare Alex, I feel that Layers of Fear would be appropriate. There has not been a content update yet, but they did add in something. "A new room connected to Halloween has been added. ... It will be an exclusive content that will last only for a month. ..." Also Alex did note the high likelihood of multiple paths.
PMAvers

Postby PMAvers » 30 Oct 2015, 21:35

It was technically DERP, but there was a second half to The Park that took place actually in TSW, which picks up after the ending.

What The Buzzing has to say about the whole incident: Link. (These show up in-game as little collectibles you can find across the mission.) A walk-through of the mission itself: Link. Probably loses a bit being translated to text instead of seeing it in-game, but there's that.

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”