OGW Pre-release: how'd you do?

A place to talk about standard, casual, limited and everything in between.
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

OGW Pre-release: how'd you do?

Postby Omega Lairon » 16 Jan 2016, 01:07

It's that time of the year again... well, that is, the first of several similar times of the year. Pre-release weekend. Let's all celebrate our collective victories and commiserate our collective defeats. Got any cool rares? Post 'em here! And of course, stories of all flavours are welcome.

So to kick things off I signed up for the singles event. While the store was offering other OGW events throught the day, I didn't feel like going for it. My sealed pack was pretty sweet, pulling out a promo "Doublemint Twins" (Mina and Denn, Wildborn), and my first pack rare was big Kozilek themself. Along with such headliners as Embodiment of Insight, Rolling Thunder, Tajuru Pathwarden, and TWO Timber Gorges, the singalling to go Gruul was hard to ignore. I even had a bunch of lesser eldrazi to spawn scions, and 5 colourless sources (of which I ran 4 - Ruins of Oran-Rief, Holdout Settlement, Seer's Lantern, and 1 of 2 wastes) to help the big guy take the stage.

Sadly, that's about all the value I could shake out of R/G. I tried to mix in some of my better black cards, but while they seemed quite good, they were almost entirely 3-drops, which could have been problematic if I got stuck on land, or needed late power. The answer came from blue - contributing (among others) Adverse Conditions, Sweep Away(x2), And Cultivator Drone (Another colourless source? Score!)

The end result - a somewhat spicy "Temur Eldrazi Ramp and Good Times (for me, not you)" deck which ended at a very respectable 2-2 for the day.

Details of individual matches are lost to me, but highlights include Big Koz actually managing to get a showing in a few games. Hilariously, in one such game, the opponent's next turn answer for Kozilek was... their very own Kozilek. Awkward. Luckily, my version proved victorious this time (even though I did end up losing that round in the end. Oh well). As well as Rolling Thunder continuing to be one of the most hard-working uncommons in the game, securing me no less than 2 games by straight doming, and another 2 by very well placed defender melting.

There was only one obvious "lowlight" of the day - not getting to play the magical Christmas land combo of Doublemint Twins and Embodiment of Insight to get double land-dashes per turn. *shrug* no big loss really, but it would been pretty sweet.

Lastly, as is tradition at our LGS, ever player goes home with 4 boosters of the new set, regardless of result. So without further ado - the booster pulls (I know I know... "but Lairon, you dumbwad, you're supposed to draft with 'em! Meh... this way's more fun)

Pack 1: (Gideon art)
* Jwar Isle Avenger (Foil)
* Oath of Jace
* Havoc Sower
* Cinder Barrens
* Null Caller
* Kozilek's Pathfinder
* Blinding Drone
* Holdout Settlement
* Loam Larva
* Kozilek's Shrieker
* Netcaster Spider
* Mighty Leap
* Maw of Kozilek
* Ancient Crab

Pack 2 (Jace art)
* Oath of Gideon
* Flaying Tendrils
* Relentless Hunter
* Birthing Hulk
* Oblivion Strike
* Kor Sky Climber
* Seer's Lantern
* Sweep Away
* Natural Strike
* Corpse Churn
* Lead by Example
* Kor Scythemaster
* Brute Strength
* Slip Through Space

Pack 3: (Chandra Art)
* Chandra, Flamecaller
* Flayer Drone
* Meandering River
* Grasp of Darkness
* Blinding Drone
* Unknown Shores
* Boulder Salvo
* Tar Snare
* Sky Scourer
* Elemental Uprising
* Zulaport Chainmage
* Searing Light
* Expedite
* Ancient Crab

Pack 4: (Nissa art)
* Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
* Devour in Flames
* Bonds of Mortality
* Walker of the Wastes
* Wastes (Kozilek art)
* Reality Hemorrhage
* Kor Sky Climber
* Stalking Drone
* Unnatural Endurance
* Vines of the Recluse
* Untamed Hunger
* Umara Entangler
* Dazzling Reflection
* Maw of Kozilek

TL;DR - Post your OGW pre-release stuff here. I went 2-2 with a Temur deck, and pulled Kozilek, Chandra, and Nissa. lrrSACK.

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
Auserker
First Video: Friday Nights - Untap

Re: OGW Pre-release: how'd you do?

Postby Auserker » 16 Jan 2016, 02:38

OGW Pre-Release in my area was single only today with possible THG tomorrow. My pool was interesting the best card that I pulled was a Gideon, Ally of Zendikar, with the other rares in my pool being; Wandering Fumarole, Eldrazi Mimic, Tyrant of Valakut, Reflector Mage, Dimensional Infiltrator, and March from the Tomb. My pool was very light with creatures so I ended up with a blue white deck with decent removal and all but 2 of my creatures in those colors.

Decklist:
1 Drop;
Expedition Envoy
Searing Light
Lithomancer’s Focus
2 Drop;
Dimensional Infiltrator
Umara Entangler x 2
Ondu Rising
Negate
3 Drop;
Kor Sky Climber
Reflector Mage
Shoulder to Shoulder
Sheer Drop
Grip of the Roil
Containment Membrane
4 Drop;
Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
Cloud Manta
Thought Harvester
Isolation Zone
Allied Reinforcements
Comparative Analysis
5 Drop;
Steppe Glider
Jwar Isle Avenger
Relief Captain
Lands;
Sandstone Bridge
Island x 8
Plains x 8

My first round I lost to a nice green black deck with the new Nissa at the helm, and the second round I had severe land drawing problems and lost 2 very quick games to an aggro red/green deck. Third round the deck began to actually work as expected and I won two easy games.

In the forth and final round I lost the first game to a very synergistic White/Blue Rally/Cohort deck, going into game two I was able to stabilize and pulled off a win which was entertaining for me and frustrating for my opponent. With a stalemate on the board I ended up having 10 cards in my library and my opponent had 12. He thought I should concede since I was going to mill myself before him, however in my hand I had Comparative Analysis, which is 3U "Target player draws 2 cards". I ended up drawing my last card and when he though he had victory in his hands, I made him draw the last 2 cards of his library and then passed the turn. We ended up drawing due to time and both finishing with 1-2-1.

TL;DR - Went 1-2-1 with u/W, pulled a Gideon, Ally of Zendikar, not a very powerful pool otherwise. Killed an opponent with 0 cards in my library by making them draw 2 and mill themselves first.
Booster
First Video: Checkpoint- Episode 1

Postby Booster » 16 Jan 2016, 08:00

Went to a midnight event last night, singles, ended up with only 4 players which is unusual for that store. The upside is we were all quite experienced so there was a relatively high level of play. Came second with a pretty rad G/W allies deck.

Zendikar Resurgent was a hilarious late game all star. With so many cards like Cliffside lookout, Oran-Rief Invoker and Joraga Auxiliary to just dump extra mana into late game, it just became too much for the 2 opponents who had to deal with it. Wall of resurgence is also a really really good card as it turns out, my one opponent had an aggressive jund deck that was just completely shut down for a few turns by it.

I have 2 more events, another singles event tonight, a 2HG tomorrow, looking forward to them
square1
First Video: Unskippable: The Saboteur

Postby square1 » 16 Jan 2016, 14:13

Went 3-1 with u,b,colorless eldrazi. Got smashed on round 4 by reality smasher. Sea gate wreckage was awesome. Havoc sower was also great
Sharingandud
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Sharingandud » 16 Jan 2016, 15:25

OGW was my first ever pre release and I had a lot of fun. It was singles with 5 rounds, won 3 only got 2 packs though. I was really happy with my Promo, the Sphinx of the Final Word. Went blue red, with Stormchaser, Zada, Jori Enn, and my big bro foil Kozilek. Didn't open any wastes, but had enough colourless to resolve him 3-4 times. Overall, 8/10 will def pre release again, especially when Innistrad comes, so looking forward to flip cards.
Lycodrake
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby Lycodrake » 16 Jan 2016, 15:44

My friend and I went to the 2HG pre-release. Managed to get second place. Won 4 packs.
Opened the GB filter land Expedition. Traded it in for store credit to get 15 OGW packs.
Best parts? He got to play UR like he wanted with Surge and I got to play GW with colorless Eldrazi. Very fun.
Sharingandud
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Sharingandud » 16 Jan 2016, 16:16

Lycodrake wrote:My friend and I went to the 2HG pre-release. Managed to get second place. Won 4 packs.
Opened the GB filter land Expedition. Traded it in for store credit to get 15 OGW packs.
Best parts? He got to play UR like he wanted with Surge and I got to play GW with colorless Eldrazi. Very fun.

Very cool. I don't think anyone at our store opened an Expedition, but there was at least a Chandra and a Kiora. I'm really happy I only got one useless rare, Call the Gatewatch.
Garbonzo42
First Video: Ransom

Postby Garbonzo42 » 16 Jan 2016, 18:28

My store does three pre-release events; midnight Friday, and afternoon Saturday and Sunday. Like the masochist I am, I signed up for all three.

I have no idea what my pool was like for the midnight pre-release, but I know I got an expedition Flooded Grove, so I made my money back on the weekend.

Today, however my pool was baller: Kozilek the Great Distortion, From Beyond, and an expedition Overgrown Tomb. My deck was a super durdley Abzan Stall deck, based on clogging the ground with dudes with giant butts while my From Beyond Spat out Scions until I got to 10 mana. Every time I sacrificed the From Beyond to get Kozilek caused the most amazing shatter pause from my opponents.

My final game was almost obscene, the way it ended. I was sitting behind my was off durdles, and top Kozilek and then From Beyond the following turn. I only need like two more scions to get to the almighty 10 mana, so I drop it and pass. One turn later, my opponent counts my tapped mana, sees that I'm one off from Kozilek, and snap Isolation Zones my From Beyond. And then I top a land, cast Kozilek and draw seven, including two Allies and a Tajuru Warcaller that I was running as an alt wincon.

My final swing was for 61 damage.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 16 Jan 2016, 19:10

I went 4-2. My pool was pretty weak overall. My white had some solid creatures, but nothing great. Same with green. Neither was enough to have me play or splash them. Blue only had a few things that was worth playing. But it had my only real bomb, a promo Sphinx of the Final Word. Neither red nor black had anything super powerful either. But between them, I had at least 7 pieces of removal, and a couple of solid rares.

So I ended up going R/B with a splash of blue for a couple solid cards and the Sphinx. I had two of the colorless lands that can make any color. So I went with it. In retrospect, it was likely a mistake. But honestly, the Sphinx was my only real bomb and win-con. For a fairly controlling deck, I had no other way to finish the game.

The deck ended up being as good as I could hope it'd be. The only matches I lost were due to mana screw or flood. My opponent's decks were powerful, mind you. But both of the match losses were from games where I kept solid hands, and then drew only mana or not enough. One of the most frustrating was keeping a three land hand, and not drawing another for 6 turns. The only creature I'd been able to play out had been removed pretty quickly. When I finally hit my other land, I used two removal spells to clear my opponent's board. But it was too late. He had too much aggression, and removed the creatures I landed.

I didn't pull anything great beyond the Sphinx. Oath of Nissa was the only other notable from prize packs. My friend opened up a foil Kozilek, which was cool.
Phi
First Video: Impersonal Information

Postby Phi » 17 Jan 2016, 04:56

Went 3-3 with a UW fliers decks splashing colourless for Endbringer. My LGS didn't run 2HG, unfortunately, and as usual for sealed my pool was pretty bad (2 rare lands and a promo land I didn't run), but my deck was alright. And I opened an expedition Mana Confluence, which made me very happy since I never open money cards :)
The Martini
First Video: Installing Linux

Postby The Martini » 17 Jan 2016, 10:29

1 and 3, which made me sad. My pool was 'ok', but several of my rares and my promo were stone-cold unplayable, which didn't help (Hedron Alignment, Inverter of Truth among others). I got Herald of Kozilek, and red was good but my blue was abyssmal (see Hedron Alignment). I did get two Cinder Barrens and decent black, so I did an aggressive B/R with low drops and removal a la Graham, with some higher drops for the late game (Conduit of Ruin, Deceiver of Form). Just never came together.

2HG today, let's hope it goes better.

Edit - my win was round 1 vs green-white. Won game 1 with 30s left in the round after he decked himself, having previously drawn 12 and gained 12 with Nissa...each of us had 8+ creatures and he had 54 life.
Gin. Vermouth. Olives.
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 17 Jan 2016, 10:31

I had fun! It was my first Sealed pre-release (I had done a few draft pre-releases back in France). I read an article on how to create your deck in the morning (17 lands, 23 others, and creatures well spread out so you can hope to play one per turn), and finished my deck way earlier than anyone else, which made me pretty self-conscious.

I made a blue/white deck with a bunch of fliers and lifegain, a lot of white allies, and an equipment (claws of some sort) that created more Ally tokens for my tapping needs (although I never got to take advantage of it, sadly). I had a 1/1 creature with Ingest I made some good use of in a few of my games, being lucky enough to place it on the board on turn 1. I got a Plains Island in my boosters which was really helpful, and a land searcher which allowed me to drop two lands on the same turn for a double landfall. (I had 2 landfall creatures in my deck, a first strike white guy and a blue flyer).

I lost 2-0 to my first two opponents, although I was close to winning in both games with the second opponent. Then I won 2-0 with the third one and 2-1 with the last one. My last opponent was the most interesting, Time was called as we started our third game sadly, but the games were extremely interesting and close.

I got a booster as a prize. Nothing special in that booster. In my original booster, I did get a foil full-art plains and a foil full-art island (I didn't play them in my deck).

Let's see, what else do I remember... I had a combo with a guy who created colourless (but only to be used for abilities) and an anti-gravity flyer who could make others fly when he attacked by spending one colourless. I used that combo a lot, making my ingest creature a flyer.

Sorry about not naming specific card, I'm still pretty new at magic and don't really remember any of the names. I had 2 blue Sphinxes (the same card twice), that's about all I remember name-wise.

I had a lot of fun! Will definitely do more pre-releases. My husband enjoyed my talking about it so much that he's going to try to join one today if there is any room anywhere.
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
square1
First Video: Unskippable: The Saboteur

Postby square1 » 17 Jan 2016, 13:40

Went to a second event and went 3-1 again, again losing to Reality Smasher. Feel like that card is going to shape my OGW experience.

Had a much more interesting pool for the second event, with an Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim promo, a Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, Felidar Sovereign, and Defiant Broodlord, along with some ally creatures with relevant life drain powers. Made for some very entertaining games, though I sadly never got up to 40 life and triggered Felidar Sovereign's alternate win con. Kalitas is the real deal and people seem to forget that the creatures he makes are zombies that he can then eat to get bigger. Games I played him on turn 3 or 4 were pretty much guaranteed wins.

Notable other pulls included a single copy of each Oath, and a foil Oath of Nissa. Notable misses included never seeing a single copy of Oblivion Strike out of 20 packs of OGW opened. It's common right?
Aaron9797
First Video: ransom

Postby Aaron9797 » 17 Jan 2016, 13:41

i went to two pre-releases and went 3-1 won 3 packs and 4-2 won 1 pack

my first pre-release i made a blue/black eldrazi with two each cultivator drone, blinding drone, kozilek's translator where great role player my three draw spells coastal discovery, comparative analysis, altar's reap very little removal flaying tendrils and oblivion strike sadly deceiver of form did little except be a 8/8 and fix my draws a sleeper is chitinous cloak i used unnatural endurance to counter removal and annoy my opponent

my 2nd pre-release i made a white/black cohort with two each zulaport chainmage, essence depleter munda's vangaurd did alot of work makindi patrol aloud me to attack and use cohort i almost won with felidar sovereign but it was hard to get to 40 life with a large eldrazi attacking you
azninja888
First Video: Pony Time

Postby azninja888 » 17 Jan 2016, 15:23

I went 1-3 though not for lack of effort. I made a fairly aggressive R/W deck that always managed to bring my opponent down to 10 or less. Then my opponent would cast a big creature and stall me because my deck (and pool overall) barely had ways to deal with creatures with 4+ toughness .

My promo-card was Linvala, the Preserver :mrgreen: and almost every one of my losses happened the turn before I'd have been able to play her. The few times I did cast her, I was at least able to stabilize.

One of my deck's MVPs was Zada's Commando due to a game where my opponent and I couldn't get through the other's wall of creatures so I wound up pinging him for about 8 turns. Eventually I drew Boulder Salvo and used it to kill one of his two fliers. This allowed me to attack with my two fliers and bring him down to 1 for the Commando to deliver the killing shot. That was also Game 1. It took 20 minutes.

Other notable cards were Relief Captain (always felt good putting +1/+1 counters on my guys), Kor Scythmaster (managed to kill a lot of blockers thanks to first strike and Brute Force), and Goblin Freerunner (was usually able to cast it for its Surge).

Cards that were in my pool I wanted to use but couldn't were Nissa's Judgement (Green wasn't very impressive) and Stone Haven Outfitter (no equipment).

Another highlight was when my opponent cast Elemental Uprising, made one of his lands a 4/4 and beat with it. I was ready to let it through since I was at 20 and didn't want to lose my one creature blocking it. Unfortunately, my opponent points out that Elemental Uprising says that the land "must be blocked this turn if able." Me at that moment :" ****!!!! "

Still had fun and am looking forward to drafting this set.
Lycodrake
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby Lycodrake » 17 Jan 2016, 16:38

Mythic mythic rare and rare spoils report - not including those that my friend/teammate has with him or the Expedition - from yesterday. I know he at least got 1 foil promo Fall of the Titans, 1 Crush of Tentacles, 3 Tyrant of Valakut, and 1 General Tazri:
1 Linvala, the Preserver
1 World Breaker
2 Sphinx of the Final Word (1 foil, 1 non)
1 Oath of Nissa
1 Stoneforge Masterwork
1 Endbringer
2 Deceiver of Form
2 Eldrazi Mimic
1 Eldrazi Obligator (my promo foil)
2 Ruins of Oran-Rief
1 Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim
1 Thought-Knot Seer
1 Bearer of Silence
1 Gladehart Cavalry (intro pack foil)
2 Sylvan Advocate
1 Dimensional Infiltrator
1 Hissing Quagmire
1 Mina and Denn, Wildborn
1 Wandering Fumarole
1 Sea Gate Wreckage
1 Call the Gatewatch
1 Munda's Vanguard
1 Emeria Shepherd
1 Veteran Warleader (intro pack)
Jopoho
First Video: The very first Unskippable.

Postby Jopoho » 18 Jan 2016, 00:18

Went 2-2 with a blue-red deck that had a lot of decent removal, but didn't have many bombs to take it over the edge. The key success of the evening were some cards I wanted for commander. Got the Izzet man land and Jori En for my spell slinging deck.

Had one misplay with forgetting an ability on one of my cards, but it turned out my opponent had Ulamog and Linvala ready in his hand, so I was pretty much dead anyway.

It's crazy what you can enable with surge, but the biggest mvp of my night was the Immobilizer Eldrazi, which can cripple an opponent in ways they didn't realize.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 18 Jan 2016, 18:21

I did two more prereleases. Went 3-1 in the first, with a cut to top four, which split the prizes. 14 packs each. My rares were pretty sketchy. I got Stoneforge Masterwork promo, Call the Gatewatch, Munda Ambush Leader, and Prism Array in that order. It felt like the packs were mocking me. I also got Sylvan Advocate, Wandering Fulamore, Eldrazi Displacer. They helped me feel a little better about the whole thing. My pool felt pretty bad though. Once again, nothing felt solid enough to let me be in two colors, with only a few powerful cards leading me in some directions.

I ended up going U/B/R Eldrazi. I got the R/B eldrazi, and some solid other ones to back it up. I somehow ended up getting three of the U/B tapland too. For a rare that I was really hard on when I got it, Masterwork put in a LOT of work. It only really works when you're tribal. But when 3/4th of my creatures are Eldrazi, it ended up being very strong.

2HG was about the same in terms of pulls. Me and my partner opened up two Felidar Sovereign between us, as well as two Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim. We decided to have one W/B Lifegain ally deck (or, more accurately, that's what my partner wanted to play). I ended up being Temur good stuff. I was meant to be our control end with a colorless subtheme. I had Endbringer, Matter Reshaper, Deepfathom Skulker, and my promo Jori En that I had to convince my partner was good enough.

We never got to live the dream of winning off Sovereign. We never even got one out. :( But we ended up going 4-1 and getting first. That meant another 13 packs for each of us. I ended up giving 8 packs and the Displacer I pulled earlier to my partner as recompense for paying for my entry to 2HG, using 17 packs as credit to get the DND 5th edition Dungeon Master's Guide, and two packs. Out of those packs I got a Hedron Alignment and a Munda's Vanguard. Which is a good way to show why I went for repaying debt and the book over a ton of packs.
MowDownJoe
First Video: Joystique

Postby MowDownJoe » 19 Jan 2016, 12:43

I did 2 pre-releases. First was unexciting. Mediocre pool with a few bombs (Drana's Chosen (with a lack of allies) and Kalitas). Went 2-3, though the last round was interesting.

Second was more interesting. Had Munda's Vanguard but not a lot of allies. Had a lot of black removal but not many good creatures. Blue was solid. Greed had Oran-Rief Hydra and some good dudes. Red was dead. So, I had a lot of options between my 4 colors, and ultimately settled on U/G. Deck had some reasonable early beats, reasonable fliers, beef, counters, and some solid removal (for the colors). Even had the fixing to optionally splash black for either Complete Disregard or Demon's Grasp. Went 3-1. Highlight was the R3 U/G mirror, with round 1 being a long and grindy match with me holding my ground and drawing with Sea-Gate Wreckage until Oran-Rief Hydra landed. Round 2 was much sadder, however, with aggressive Dimensional Infiltrator beats (and other dudes) to their total mana screw.

My deck, for the curious:
7 Island
5 Forest
2 Wastes
Fertile Thicket
Crumbling Vestige
Sea Gate Wreckage

Snapping Gnarlid
Dimensional Infiltrator
Hedron Crawler
Umara Entangler
Void Attendant
Netcaster Spider
Gravity Negator
Giant Mantis
Saddleback Legac(-ac-ac-ac)
Broodhunter Wurm
Thought Harvester
Jwar Isle Avenger
Oran-Rief Hydra
Ruin Processor

Ruin in Their Wake
Tightening Coils
2 Containment Membrane
Scatter to the Winds
Spell Shrivel
Seer's Lantern
Comparative Analysis
Scour from Existence
Victim of a Platinum Angel/Phage combo in Momir. Thanks, LRR!
hacofo
First Video: DB5 Stream

Postby hacofo » 30 Jan 2016, 05:50

Played an online pre-release today, and went 1-3.
Could have been a 3-1 but a stupid missclick and one rule interaction I expected to work differently cost me 2 Rounds at 1-1 games.
KeiranLC
First Video: unskippable

Postby KeiranLC » 30 Jan 2016, 10:25

At a prerelease a couple of weeks ago, I went 3-0-1 with a very sweet RBc aggro Eldrazi deck. The tie was a result of going to time, and I think I had a chance at winning if we had the time to play it out. I had a lot of fun. I'm in the middle of an online prerelease right now, I'll report on it when I finish.
KeiranLC

Postby KeiranLC » 30 Jan 2016, 11:30

Ok, so today was 3-1 with a pool that included Dread Defiler, Ruinous path, foil Chandra, and foil Cinderglade... all of which that I didn't use, because red and black were both terrible for me. They didn't even make good support colors.

What did get me there was a WGc build with Stone Haven Outfitter, a Stoneforge Masterwork, and Gladehart Cavalry, all backed by a bunch of allies and Scion-producing Eldrazi. :)

Also, it turns out Walker of the Wastes is really good with 3 Wastes in your pool.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 31 Jan 2016, 18:12

Online prerelease. Had decent rares, but they didn't really synergize. I ended up going 2-2 with RB Devoid Aggro deck, where each time I lost was either due to mana screw or a race that I would've won the following turn.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

KeiranLC

Postby KeiranLC » 31 Jan 2016, 19:27

And I had one more online prerelease last night, the LRR Fan one. I went 3-1 again on an aggressive R/W/g deck with a Captain's Claws and Stone Haven Outfitter. The only loss I suffered was at the hands of Adam and his 4-color concoction. It was fun.
Randus2003
First Video: the couch

Postby Randus2003 » 01 Feb 2016, 10:54

As a mainly MTGO player I did a few pre-releases this past weekend going 0-4 with what I thought was a solid green red deck that never really found it's legs. My next pool on the other hand was crazy with a nissa and ob daddy ending up 3-1 do to getting run over in the finals against a super aggo r/w allies deck that completely ignored my turn 3 nissa both games. My 3rd was the LRR fan pre-release Saturday night that I went 4-0 in w/ a B/W/g pile with nothing great (ignoring the crazy green mythic I splashed for) but at the same time nothing horrible in it.

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”