Bill.

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Angnor
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Re: Bill.

Postby Angnor » 19 Jan 2016, 23:45

My condolences to all his friends and family. He was an amazing presence wherever he showed up, and he'll be missed.
J. B. S. Haldane wrote:I have come to the conclusion that my subjective account of my motivation is largely mythical on almost all occasions. I don't know why I do things.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 19 Jan 2016, 23:59

2016 started off with the loss of some prominent & well-loved musicians & celebrities, but Bill's passing is the only one that has brought actual tears to my eyes. :cry:

We all miss you, man. Lots of love to all who knew him.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 20 Jan 2016, 00:07

From the sound of it, even though his time was short, Bill seems to have helped form one of my favorite comedy groups and raise millions of dollars for sick children around the globe. All while providing a lot of entertainment himself to plenty of folk around the world. And for that, he'll always have my thanks. Hopefully he's at peace.

My heart goes out to Bill's family and friends.
Last edited by Kapol on 20 Jan 2016, 00:22, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 20 Jan 2016, 00:22

My condolences to Bill's family and friends. It is quite sad to see him go.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 20 Jan 2016, 00:29

I just came to the lrr page to download a podcast. Not for friggin feels ;_;

Well, guess I'm listening to old podcasts on the way to and from work now. Dammit Bill, this was not the time to muck up a saving throw.
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
MagisterMystax
First Video: The Innistrad hat draft on MTGO academy

Postby MagisterMystax » 20 Jan 2016, 00:43

Since I discovered LRR fairly late, I didn't know Bill until DB7, but it didn't take me long to love this fantastic, tall weirdo who casually got Steve Dengler to drive half his shift for him. I've since watched many of the older videos. He was such a hilarious guy and such a great sport as well. My condolences to everyone, but especially Kate.
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
Arclight_Dynamo
First Video: Desert Bus 1

Postby Arclight_Dynamo » 20 Jan 2016, 00:47

I'd also like to offer my condolences to Kate Watt, LRR, and all of Bill's other loved ones. I know I'm just a voice on the internet, but I want to say that Bill brought joy into my life. And I know he brought joy into the lives of countless others. That's a hell of a thing.

Just imagine how many smiles he made, how many sprits he lifted, all around the world.
Stroggo
First Video: Ways to make sombody leave a room

Postby Stroggo » 20 Jan 2016, 01:06

Popped back to give my heartfelt condolences to Bill's family and the LRR crew. And although I never met him I have countless memories of him and his videos, and blended food...

Bye Bill, I'll miss ya
[6e6f:20:6d:61:74:74:65:72:20:77:68:65:72:65:20:79:6f:75:20:67:6f:20:65:76:65:72:
79:6f:6e:65:27:73:20:61:6c:77:61:79:73:20:63:6f:6e:6e:65:63:74:65:64]
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 20 Jan 2016, 01:11

Too short of a time on earth for a man that tall.

He'll be missed by man, and loved as we continue to share the memories and videos that made us laugh so much. My heart goes out to Kate and the rest of the LRR crew.
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 20 Jan 2016, 02:12

Evil Jim wrote:2016 started off with the loss of some prominent & well-loved musicians & celebrities, but Bill's passing is the only one that has brought actual tears to my eyes. :cry:

We all miss you, man. Lots of love to all who knew him.

Pretty much just this. Rest in Peace, Bill.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 20 Jan 2016, 02:19

An idea was floated by me... Unless LRR has something absolutely special planned in memorial...

We're going to have that Load-Bearing Gratitude Wall, right? How about Bill's name big, bold, and large at the top? Y'all wouldn't mind that, right? I think we're all grateful for Bill. :-)
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 20 Jan 2016, 02:23

I think that's a nice idea but it might also be a downer coming into work every day and being reminded that your friend is dead. That's how I'd feel, anyway. If they're down for it, though, it would be a lovely thing, I'm sure.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 20 Jan 2016, 02:25

I will be praying for Bill's mum and family, the LRR crew, his additional friends and any fans who need it.

When I started watching LRR content a long time ago now, he was one of the few cast members I took a real shine to. I really missed his presence in videos when he stopped doing those. I will exceptionally miss him now.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 20 Jan 2016, 03:12

Thank you, Bill.

You helped MAKE LoadingReadyRun come to be - you were the anchor that pulled these people together and turned them into friends.

And again with Desert Bus, you took an idea others fiddled with, and gave it strengh and drive - your participation is part of why it morphed from 'we'll maybe raise a couple of thou for charity, and have a fun weekend' to 'wait, HOW MUCH? *makes phone call* Uh, yeah Boss? Can I get monday off?'

You were the undisputed champion and go-to-guy for any Iron Stomach CHallenge.

And in my mind, your Mr. Tiddlywinks will perpetually chasing some stereotyped-chardboard character to fulfill their destiny of dying in a horror movie.

Thank you for all you did for LRR, Child's Play, and indeed all of humanity; we are better for it. May whatever awaits you be as great and awesome as you tryly deserve for all this you gave us.
I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Postby I X » 20 Jan 2016, 03:43

Not knowing much about Huntington's or Bill's case in particular, I was vaguely afraid this was coming, but I didn't think it would be so soon. I guess nobody did.

My deepest sympathies and condolences to Bill's family, the crew, and everyone here who, like me, felt a weird connection to this person we've never met.

And now for silly introspection:

In my early days of watching LRR, Bill was a welcome presence in any video. Looking back, I think he 'played himself' more than a lot of the others. That doesn't mean he wasn't a good actor, I like to think of it as Bill himself just being a good character, and naturally he was best at playing that character. He always added an element of fun that did not need to be written in. I imagine him being somewhat similar to Scrubs' Janitor (Neil Flynn), who's just like, IN the scene, doing things, and everyone's confident it will be funny, and it is. That's probably not accurate, but a lot of the stuff he did felt natural to me as a viewer.

Thanks, Bill. We'll miss you.
Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Postby Smeghead » 20 Jan 2016, 03:58

I don't really know what to say.

I discovered LRR back in the early days, and LRR basically got me through my university days, and back then Bill was always there.

Bill, you will be greatly missed...
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 20 Jan 2016, 04:23

Oh my God. I feel sick. I just feel physically ill. I had no idea he was even sick. I often wondered what happened to Bill after he stopped appearing in LRR sketches. He was hilarious, he was talented, and while I never met him IRL, the few times I spoke with him on-line, he always seemed like a genuinely good soul. Farewell, my friend.
-Wraith
Phi
First Video: Impersonal Information

Postby Phi » 20 Jan 2016, 05:43

May he be at peace now.
PaidTheUmpire

Postby PaidTheUmpire » 20 Jan 2016, 06:19

I am so sad to hear of his passing, I'm tearing up just posting this.

Bill. Thanks for all the great laughs when I needed them most.
SilPho
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby SilPho » 20 Jan 2016, 06:40

LRR and Desert Bus would not be what they are today without him.

Thank you, Bill. For everything.
ecocd
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby ecocd » 20 Jan 2016, 07:06

Lots of the Old Guard coming here to share memories. Same as Evil Jim, this is the only artist death to hit me hard. I never met him in person and he hasn't even been on camera for a long time, but I'll miss him nonetheless. His 0-crash shift will be remembered.

Even without knowing the specifics, we all pretty much knew he was in need of constant care and had no chance for recovery, but it's still a surprise to hear he has passed. He managed to accomplish a lot in his brief time and he's left more a legacy than I will even if I live another 45 years.

My heart goes out to his closest friends and especially Kate. It's utterly inconceivable to lose so many people to the same disease, yet we all suspect she'll be back driving the bus in November with a smile on her face and sincere love for all there.

The Moonbase was in need of a few room names a few weeks (months?) ago. I think one of them will need a new name.
ecocd - echo-see-dee (We apologize for the inconvenience)
Booster
First Video: Checkpoint- Episode 1

Postby Booster » 20 Jan 2016, 07:47

I was a late LRR adopter, starting with checkpoint when it started, but not watching the rest of your content until DB6 got me hooked. But I have seen many of Bill's videos, and am aware of what he did to get Desert Bus going, he always seemed like such a kind and generous man, who deserved more time than he got. My heart goes out to Kate, Loading Ready Run, and all those who knew him.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 20 Jan 2016, 08:06

Condolences to Kate and to LRR, Bill had exceptional skill at trying to climb small fences, the best stomach and making up the vertically obese quota. He will be missed. I echo Evil Jim with the tears.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 20 Jan 2016, 08:18

A truly legendary man and one I admired for his Iron Stomach Challenges. Hell, I tried to do them just to see if I could be as great as him! FAR from it!

To all of Bill's friends and family, I am truly sorry. Know that he's resting now.
Last edited by Darkobra on 20 Jan 2016, 08:53, edited 1 time in total.
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 20 Jan 2016, 08:26

So long Bill, you were a good man.

I don't know what to say. :(
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.

Return to “General Discussion”