Bill.

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
pariah164
First Video: commodoreHustle episode 1

Re: Bill.

Postby pariah164 » 22 Jan 2016, 08:41

Deaths don't usually hit me hard unless that person really had an impact on my life.

I cried when Robin Williams died. Some of his movies were my favorites, and helped me smile when I was being bullied as a child.

I cried when Satoru Iwata died. I've been a gamer my whole life, and he seemed the most genuine out of any head honcho in the industry.

When I learned Bill had died, I cried harder than I did for both the above combined. When I first saw a video with him in it, I was having the worst year of my life. My grandmother had died, I'd failed the math course I'd taken in college, and was overall in a bad headspace. While curled up in one of the corners of the student union, I decided to go to LoadingReadyRun.com, because that's where 'the crazy people from Desert Bus' were from (which I had experienced the year before). I watched some videos for the very first time. The Gay Chicken was one of them. I laughed so much I cried. It was the first time I'd laughed that year.

Which makes this all the more gutting that he was taken away from us on my birthday.

I loved his delivery. I loved the fact his stomach was indestructible. I loved the fact he was so stoic (and tall). I loved the stories about him that Bill's mom told.

His loss is great. It is felt. By people more important than me, I know, but that does not make it hurt any less.

I will echo what was said here recently, my war cry for Desert Bus 10: One Mil For Bill.

Rest in peace, Bill Watt. You've earned it.
Glory to LRRstotzka!

The wrestling will continue until morale improves.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Project Diva X - Atelier Rorona - Fire Emblem Fates

CURRENTLY CRAFTING: Rainbow Loom dreamcatchers, OSU scarf
NimrodXIV
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby NimrodXIV » 22 Jan 2016, 12:56

I've been so sad since I read the news Tuesday night. I feel like I lost a friend, even though we'd never met, even though I never actually knew him.
I wish I could go give Bill's Mom a big hug.

Dear Drs. LRR: Instead of flowers/etc., Is there anywhere Kate would like us to donate in Bill's name? Our group is good with generosity...
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Trisha Lynn » 23 Jan 2016, 16:01

I'm echoing everything that I've seen written here and in the comments to the blog post where this death has hit me harder than Bowie, Rickman, Glen Frey, etc. (Not as hard as Terry Pratchett, though.) I don't think I met him when I met the LRR crew at PAX Prime 2009, but it was always good seeing him in a video and on Desert Bus. When he stepped away from the weekly sketches, I was worried that new fans wouldn't know or care who he was whenever he did his driver shifts, but of course thanks to Bill's mom, Kate Watt, now no one will ever forget who he is.

My condolences to Kate, the LRR crew, all his other friends and family.
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn
Zombaholic
First Video: Bioshocked

Postby Zombaholic » 24 Jan 2016, 03:29

I haven't been on this forum in forever, but when I saw the news I was deeply saddened. I can't say much as I didn't know him personally, nor have I kept up as often as I've liked, but his virtual presence left fond memories. I was one of those people who wondered, "Where did he go?" and "I wonder what he's doing these days" when they LRR moved out of that first house. Simply, whenever I saw him in a video I always smiled.

My deepest condolences to those who loved him, and my apologies to them for this next bit

Say what you want about him, but in the end everyone always looked up to Bill
Ask me anything about Reboot!
Don't ask me anything about reboot
mtvcdm
First Video: Pokeproblem

Postby mtvcdm » 24 Jan 2016, 22:50

It seems, from reading some of the crew's Twitter accounts, that the funeral must have been today.

I'm sure you don't need me to tell you, but be sure that everyone who was there- and everyone who wanted to be there but couldn't- takes care to hold each other just a bit more closely going forward.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 25 Jan 2016, 10:45

I had the great privilege of getting to meet Bill on a couple occasions - DB 2 and 3 (or was it 3 and 4?) and a couple fan events. He was genuinely, truly friendly and welcoming, a gregarious person with an open heart. I could tell he was a great guy and a genuine friend even with such short interactions.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of his family and friends in this difficult time. I hope you get to remember all the warmth and joy he helped bring to the world. My most sincere condolences.
Lorithad

Postby Lorithad » 25 Jan 2016, 21:11

mtvcdm wrote:It seems, from reading some of the crew's Twitter accounts, that the funeral must have been today.

I'm sure you don't need me to tell you, but be sure that everyone who was there- and everyone who wanted to be there but couldn't- takes care to hold each other just a bit more closely going forward.

It was on the weekend for sure. I saw Matt and Jer on the ferry to Victoria Saturday morning. Said hi, and that I was sorry for their loss. They told me they were heading over to pay their respects.
Matt wrote:Lorithad, you should be ashamed of yourself. You are bad, and you should feel bad.
Kortanios
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Kortanios » 26 Jan 2016, 12:50

My deepest condolences to everyone who knew Bill, and most of all to Kate and his closest friends.

I did not know him personally, but every video and Desert Bus appearance of his leave me with no doubt that he must have been one of the most amazing people to be able to have called your friend. I can barely begin to imagine how much he will be missed.
Ergo bibamus!
Zipa
First Video: 3 ps3s

Postby Zipa » 30 Jan 2016, 08:52

I'm So sorry to hear of Bill's passing, my condolences to Kate and all of Bill's friends.
While I didn't know Bill personally, I think it says a lot about the amazing person he was because he choose to help people with his limited time on Earth while many people would turn to despair if they were in a similar situation.
RIP Bill. You will be missed by many.
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 31 Jan 2016, 02:04

I completely missed this until just now. This sucks :( I join everyone else sending my love to his friends and family.

And I don't know what else to add. So I guess I'll go watch some of his videos now and have a good laugh.
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)

Return to “General Discussion”