The End of Fight the Future

Dan and Paul take an in-depth look at the worlds portrayed Young Adult dystopian fiction.
Daniel
First Video: The first one

The End of Fight the Future

Postby Daniel » 11 Feb 2016, 13:38

In every episode of Fight the Future with Dan and Paul we talk about the end of the world. And now our little world is coming to an end. We will cover two more YA dystopias, and then we've decided that the 26th episode will be the last. If we keep going, I might have to watch Allegiant, and that's not ok. But I've enjoyed doing this very much!

Episode 26 will be a bonus content/best of episode. So! If you have enjoyed our podcast, we would love to hear about any favourite moments that come to mind, little bits you thought were funny or memorable. It will help us to weave together a tapestry of awesomeness, with plenty of secret backstage moments!

Thanks for being a fan!
DaMage
First Video: Wireless

Re: The End of Fight the Future

Postby DaMage » 11 Feb 2016, 17:49

Well I've just got to say thanks for the year of podcasts I've really enjoyed listening to them.

I don't think I had a 'favorite moment' from the podcasts, but the "A boy and his dog" podcast was definitely a high point in terms of your reactions to it.
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Trisha Lynn » 15 Feb 2016, 11:19

I'm very sad to hear that this podcast is ending. And just when I'm about to recommend y'all for a nomination for Best Fancast for the 2016 Hugo Awards. In fact, I did send an email to Paul about it; has he shared it with you yet?
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn
Clypheous
First Video: Checkpoint Episode One

Postby Clypheous » 22 Feb 2016, 03:56

This is terrible news, this podcast has been my go-to for long nights where my children get up late in the night and I need something to listen to while rocking them back to sleep.

It's been a great series though and I can certainly understand not wanting to have to watch Allegiant so, that's at least comprehensible.

Thanks so much for doing this and good luck in your future ventures Dan and Paul!
hacofo
First Video: DB5 Stream

Postby hacofo » 22 Feb 2016, 09:40

:(
Sad to hear that the run is ending.

Thanks for the 26 Episodes :)
Daniel

Postby Daniel » 22 Feb 2016, 11:06

Thanks for the nice words @hacofo, @Trisha Lynn, @DaMage, and especially @Clypheous! There's always relistening, and we have ideas for new and even more fun podcasts, so stay tuned!
Daniel

Postby Daniel » 22 Feb 2016, 11:15

I don't mean to say that you aren't all great fans, but reading @Clypheous's post moved me because it's an example of our podcast being useful, at least in a tiny microscopic way, something I sort of doubted.
Jenelmo
First Video: Friday nights: Untap

Postby Jenelmo » 22 Feb 2016, 11:57

I also have enjoyed the podcast, and are sad to see it go, i myself used it when i needed to relax and de-stress from studying
There must always be a Stark in the Moonbase
Daniel

Postby Daniel » 01 Mar 2016, 13:23

Thanks for that @Jenelmo!

Since I'm travelling, to get all the awesomeness into this last, clip-show episode I have envisioned, I'm pushing back the release date two weeks, to March 29. It will be fun!
poopintheairtonight
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby poopintheairtonight » 01 Mar 2016, 21:48

I too will miss Fight The Future in my daily routine. It's been one of my favorites to listen to at work, whilst also drowning out the pneumatic machine I stand in front of for 8 hours a day. Off the top of my head I'd have to say the comment that "He can really make his hand look like a tree" from the Hunger Games episode, the "Ride with a Rue" ride idea from the Ender's Game episode, and the "How would they do" from the Battle Royale episode.

Of course your reactions to A Boy and His Dog were priceless. Even listening to left me a little distrustful of Dogmeat in the post-apocalyptic wastelands of Fallout.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you Dan and Paul for making fight the future. It's been 25 episodes of awesome so far, and I hope you'll both keep us fans in your minds and hearts in the future when you have an idea that might make a podcast.

Lastly Dan: Do you think it would be interesting to see what might've been changed in the movies you watched to make them more suitable to an Italian audience?
Well, do you want an ethical solution or an effective one?
DaMage
First Video: Wireless

Postby DaMage » 02 Mar 2016, 05:51

Daniel wrote:I don't mean to say that you aren't all great fans, but reading @Clypheous's post moved me because it's an example of our podcast being useful, at least in a tiny microscopic way, something I sort of doubted.

Never underestimate how your content can reach people. I've just been through the worst year of my life due to health problems (I'm only 23), and your podcast every fortnight was a real highlight. I spent about two months not being able to stand up, so being able to lie back and listening to the podcast was one of my boredom savers. You also got me to watch some movies that I never would have bothered with or even known about.
Clypheous
First Video: Checkpoint Episode One

Postby Clypheous » 21 Mar 2016, 10:39

DaMage wrote:
Daniel wrote:I don't mean to say that you aren't all great fans, but reading @Clypheous's post moved me because it's an example of our podcast being useful, at least in a tiny microscopic way, something I sort of doubted.

Never underestimate how your content can reach people. I've just been through the worst year of my life due to health problems (I'm only 23), and your podcast every fortnight was a real highlight. I spent about two months not being able to stand up, so being able to lie back and listening to the podcast was one of my boredom savers. You also got me to watch some movies that I never would have bothered with or even known about.

And hopefully avoided some movies that you should never, ever, in a million years want to watch?

I think that both Dan and Paul should realize that something even as seemingly small as a podcast can make a huge difference in people's lives. Hopefully they have future projects planned that will be awesome for themselves and others as well.
Daniel

Postby Daniel » 21 Mar 2016, 15:10

I was on vacation so I didn't reply to this. Thanks so much @DaMage, it really means a lot to me! I was almost in tears. And thanks @Clypheous!

Now I'm really determined to make this last episode fun!
Admiralmatt
First Video: The Job

Postby Admiralmatt » 24 Mar 2016, 05:40

Is there anywhere that we can hear the full version of the opening music?
Daniel

Postby Daniel » 26 Mar 2016, 00:57

It's coming on monday! The clean intro music, outro music - and some never-before-heard Fight the Future music, that is significantly different!

Return to “Fight the Future”