So, that "Old Videos Missing" thread again...

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Piogre

So, that "Old Videos Missing" thread again...

Postby Piogre » 23 Feb 2016, 14:54

I know this has been brought up before in threads, but each thread was last posted to ages ago and there doesn't seems to be a definitive answer or resolution.

Is there any effort in place to eventually restore/rehost all the "old" videos that are now broken on the website, especially those originally hosted on revver (including many of the classic iron-stomach-challenge videos)? I understand it's a significant effort and won't be fixed overnight, but I'm interested in knowing whether there's some plan to restore old missing videos or if they're effectively gone forever.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Re: So, that "Old Videos Missing" thread again...

Postby Lord Hosk » 23 Feb 2016, 16:00

The issue is time. Every week LRR produces 40-50 hours of new video content, in addition to other projects such as season 11 DVD's and being people. reuploading older stuff is not high on the priority list but it is on the list.

They did a dump about 6 months ago of old content, then desert bus, the move, and a baby happened.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 23 Feb 2016, 18:16

Lord Hosk wrote:The issue is time. Every week LRR produces 40-50 hours of new video content, in addition to other projects such as season 11 DVD's and being people. reuploading older stuff is not high on the priority list but it is on the list.

They did a dump about 6 months ago of old content, then desert bus, the move, and a baby happened.

Hosk is right.

Also, I would venture to guess that adding more recent videos which are not yet on Youtube (Seasons 9 and half of 10) is higher priority than dealing with the very old videos (which, to be quite honest, are not nearly as high in quality, and may have issues e.g., copyrighted music).

I'm sure they'll get to it eventually.
Piogre

Postby Piogre » 23 Feb 2016, 19:15

Lord Hosk wrote:reuploading older stuff is not high on the priority list but it is on the list.

Low priority I totally understand. I'm glad to hear that it's somewhere on the list, albeit pretty far down.
Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Robo4900 » 23 Feb 2016, 19:58

Worth noting: Although seasons 3-6(And season 1 of commodoreHUSTLE) have been hit pretty hard by this, seasons 4 and 5(Aswell as cH season 1) are available on DVD with bonus features, so if you really want to see the videos, you do still have options.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 23 Feb 2016, 21:45

There are still some videos on the site that link to REVVER. I think it's mostly Iron Stomachs and maybe the Whatever Thing (which has its own Youtube channel).
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 24 Feb 2016, 08:38

Although the Whatever Thing YouTube channel is missing the last 4(?) episodes.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Silverfish
First Video: The Gay Chicken

Postby Silverfish » 24 Feb 2016, 09:14

Some videos are up on Youtube, but the link on the site hasn't been updated.

There are playlists of Seasons 4 and 5 on Youtube that look complete, but the random videos I've looked for on the site have all still have embedded blip.tv. (Season 4 playlist, Season 5 playlist).

Season 6 seems complete, but the links already seem to be updated to youtube (Season 6 playlist).

Looking at the other seasons we have:

Season 1 (playlist link): 5 Videos on Youtube, of those 4 have raw quicktime or mp4, and Bay Centre Takeover doesn't appear to be on the site at all.
Season 2 (playlist link): 20 Videos on Youtube, of those 20, some have embedded Youtube on the site, and some have raw quicktime or mp4.
Season 3 (playlist link): 19 Videos on Youtube, of those 19, some have embedded Youtube links, some have embedded blip.tv links and some have raw quicktime files.
Season 7 (playlist link): 32 Videos on Youtube, of those 32 some have embedded Youtube links and some link to The Escapist.
Season 8 (playlist list): 27 Videos on Youtube, of those 27 the ones I've sampled have all just had escapist links.
Season 9: There doesn't seem to be a playlist so I assume they aren't on Youtube yet.
Season 10 (playlist link): 28 Videos on Youtube, of those 28 some have embedded Youtube links, and some link to The Escapist.

It seems the site could be improved quite a bit by embedding Youtube instead of blip.tv when the Video is already on Youtube. In any case, if the link on the site doesn't work, the video may already be on Youtube.

It looks like they are currently working on uploading Season 8 Videos to Youtube. The latest one uploaded was Very Best of Room Tone (uploaded Feb 16, 2016). I imagine Season 9 and the rest of Seasons 7 and 10 will be next, followed by Seasons 2 and 3. I assume the more recent videos are more likely to be in a file format that can be uploaded straight to Youtube.
Last edited by Silverfish on 22 Mar 2016, 08:37, edited 2 times in total.
Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 25 Feb 2016, 11:09

I think there are some videos that aren't in any of the playlists on YouTube, although I'm not sure about that.

Oh, and just in case there's anyone here who hasn't seen it yet, here's a RAR of most of season 1, taken from the Wayback Machine(And that unofficial YouTube upload of Vietnam).
poopintheairtonight
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby poopintheairtonight » 01 Mar 2016, 21:52

I'm curious if anyone has the Man Cookings archived somewhere? I especially like the one with Alex, but while I can find it on youtube, that particular video is broken and only plays the audio for me.
Well, do you want an ethical solution or an effective one?
poopintheairtonight
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby poopintheairtonight » 02 Mar 2016, 06:01

Robo4900 wrote:Although the Whatever Thing YouTube channel is missing the last 4(?) episodes.

I can't get any of the videos to play, it just says they're unavailable.
Well, do you want an ethical solution or an effective one?
Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 02 Mar 2016, 09:51

First, try this URL: https://www.youtube.com/v/PZPGJN2zsZo - I just swapped "/watch?v=" out and replaced it with "/v/". It forces it into a slightly different playing mode. Tends to fix problems like that.

If the alternate URL doesn't work, you could try ripping the videos with keepvid.com.

If the alternate URL doesn't work, and keepvid doesn't work, you could try installing a VPN. If you're on Firefox, Zenmate is a good free one. Alternatively, if you already have a VPN installed, try disabling it.

As a last resort, I could rip the videos for you and reupload them to my channel(I'd upload them unlisted and send you the links as to not tread on LRR's toes).

Return to “General Discussion”