Sidewalk Slam Ep6 - Wrestlemania 2016

Discussion of our pro wrestling pod/vidcast Sidewalk Slam, and pro wrestling in general.
Graham
Super Moderator

Sidewalk Slam Ep6 - Wrestlemania 2016

Postby Graham » 13 Apr 2016, 10:48

Graham & Adam direct their trademark positivity towards Wrestlemania 32's "grandest stage of them all", and have a bit of a tough time with it.
Eric the Orange
First Video: The Job

Re: Sidewalk Slam Ep6 - Wrestlemania 2016

Postby Eric the Orange » 13 Apr 2016, 12:37

For my two cents I don't think a blow by blow is necessary, just point out the important bits. Impressive spots, story relevant things, ect.

Sooooo, um, Shane and Vince... I'm so confused. I guess maybe behind the scenes Taker didn't want to lose the match? If Taker was supposed to win from the start then why just give Shane RAW. It really feels like Shane was supposed to win but they changed it at the last moment but still wanted Shane to get RAW, but him getting it this way doesn't make sense. I am so soooooo confused. Like what is their plan, where does this go? I, uh, I just don't know whats going on?

As for what they are doing with Roman, this is what they did with Rock. Rock was originally pushed big as a face but people didn't accept him. So they turned him heel. Over time people got used to him and when they turned him back face He was HUGE. We can only hope Roman grows in the same way.
Last edited by Eric the Orange on 13 Apr 2016, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.
winterpanda
First Video: Duty Calls

Postby winterpanda » 13 Apr 2016, 14:01

I actually was wishing Zack Ryder won even though he was probably there because Neville was injured. Though based on RAW, I have no idea what they're gonna do anymore.
Also, calling Rock's segment "a statistical outlier that should be discarded" was wonderful (speaking as someone who has taken statistics courses).
On the topic of the Wyatts: as someone who is new to wrestling and mainly cares about the story, this really shows through as terrible character building. Especially with what happened on RAW I mean the Wyatts coming out and beating up League of Nations for a barely understandable reason? What is happening?
mikeyjh
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby mikeyjh » 13 Apr 2016, 17:35

Thanks guys. Keep them coming.

Just finish watching.

I was NOT a fan of Mania. I thought the raw after was a 100 time better.
TMC_SHerpa
First Video: umm something from enn or unskipable?

Postby TMC_SHerpa » 13 Apr 2016, 20:32

I was pretty stunned when I read Shane lost. About the only thing I could come up with was pulling a Bruce from Batman begins.
Here's your box Vince. Oh wait, it's the wrong one. What's this? Oh look, it's a piece of paper showing how much stock I've bought over the years. Huh, looks like I've got enough for a seat at the directors table. Who knew?

There are probably legit legal issues with saying something like that (Although his wiki page lists him as a minority owner so... eh?) but pulling one over on Vince makes more sense than what they gave us right?

*Shrug* They let him have it this week as well so who knows.
Lazy and willing to work very hard to stay that way.

Also dang misplaced caps!
Bowerbird7
First Video: Installation Anxiety 2010

Postby Bowerbird7 » 13 Apr 2016, 23:04

The one thing I wanted someone to point out, through that entire, hilariously disappointing Rock promo, was for someone to realise that with the flamethrower and whatnot, that The Rock was *literally* cooking.
Drendar
First Video: Friday nights

Postby Drendar » 14 Apr 2016, 04:30

As someone who only recently got into wrestling as an amusing thing (and im going to my first ever house show in may) I found the ludicrousness of it all hillarious. These guys put in a tremendous amount of effort both pretending and literally beating the crap out of each other and themselves. Dude still jumped from 20 feet to go through a goddamn table. That all said, I also LIKED the hamfisted Rock and Cena beating the crap out of the wyatts. It confirmed to me that the Rock and John Cena are too important to the "brand" and if were going with how they are reacting to the internet's reactions to wrestling, Cena is more popular than ever, at least meme wise.
mikeyjh
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby mikeyjh » 14 Apr 2016, 05:40

WOW!

That is nice. real nice.

TMC_SHerpa wrote:I was pretty stunned when I read Shane lost. About the only thing I could come up with was pulling a Bruce from Batman begins.
Here's your box Vince. Oh wait, it's the wrong one. What's this? Oh look, it's a piece of paper showing how much stock I've bought over the years. Huh, looks like I've got enough for a seat at the directors table. Who knew?

There are probably legit legal issues with saying something like that (Although his wiki page lists him as a minority owner so... eh?) but pulling one over on Vince makes more sense than what they gave us right?

*Shrug* They let him have it this week as well so who knows.
TMC_SHerpa

Postby TMC_SHerpa » 14 Apr 2016, 06:11

It would have lined up with the WCW thing from a million years ago. Instead we have Princes Bride.

Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely fire you in the morning.

Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 14 Apr 2016, 23:39

was it just my player messing up? I got a lot of video glitches from like 50 to 51 minutes
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
TMC_SHerpa

Postby TMC_SHerpa » 15 Apr 2016, 06:53

Most of the slam videos have janky spots. It's probably an audio edit but I feel like there are better excuses?

I'll start. Has anyone seen Death Becomes Her? No? Was 1992 that long ago? Adam and Graham died in unrelated filming accidents so the cuts cover reassembling their undead bodies when their jaws and arms fall off.

Return to “Sidewalk Slam”