New Vanilla 1.9 Server!

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Re: New Vanilla 1.9 Server!

Postby Atifexe » 11 Apr 2016, 18:20

Are there any plans for a shopping district or anything like that in spawn? I'd like to set up a shop there once I finally finish building my base, and I don't want to cramp anyone's style by tossing it somewhere in the way.
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 12 Apr 2016, 17:28

Nether Update:

Main tunnel for the South side tunnel is done, just need to do the individual portal tunnel, which I believe Sky_Rider19 is working on.

Now starting work in on the West side tunnel. If anyone could donate End Stone Bricks, Purpur Blocks, and Red Sandstone, it'd be appreciated.
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 14 Apr 2016, 12:17

If anyone has spare Diorite or Spruce Wood, donations for the nether are appreciated.
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Omega Lairon » 15 Apr 2016, 01:08

It's not much, but whatever diorite I have is free to anyone who can be assed coming over to the Safari Zone to get it.

On that note...

the S-E road now reaches as far as my territory (with my usual caveats of "needs torches and prettier bridges"), so stop by whenever. One brief note is that the Safari Zone grounds proper are by design *NOT* intended for access by horse. I mean, it's not a super mandatory rule... if you really want to ride your horse around in there I can't exactly stop you, nor do I particularly care - just a minor personal preference that it be foot traffic only. Stables will be provided at the front gate to temporarily hold your steed(s) during your visit.

The last remaining section of this road, linking up with Seirhune's impressively ludicrous obsidian disk, is currently in an early planning phase. Unless there's more builds in the area, the road is currently scheduled to terminate at the desert.

Lastly, I need to get me some End exploration action. Do we have plans to mod-build a portal at spawn, or is there going to be some sort of road out to an existing stronghold portal? At the least, I wouldn't mind getting the co-ords for the currently active End portal.

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 15 Apr 2016, 05:24

There's already a nether portal out to one in the Beej wing. Alternatively, I can help you find a stronghold near Safari Zone for you.

EDIT: Closest Portal to Safari Zone is apparently is around (1591, 1065)
WokenClick
First Video: Desert Bus 7

Postby WokenClick » 18 Apr 2016, 11:29

Do we have any sort of community Wanted board/chest system at spawn? I'd love to be able to set up either a "I need this, if you have extra please dump it in this chest" or a general area of chests that can be stuffed with stuff that you don't need but other people might. I think I remember something similar on the old server.

(also possibly related: I still want anyone's extra cobble/stone/stonebricks/stairs and to a lesser amount spruce wood/planks/slabs/stairs). Oh god why did I start with this build...
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 19 Apr 2016, 08:12

There's a small community storage building right beside the Post Office, though it could probably stand to be expanded.

A wanted/message board system we don't have though, and could be useful.
Myshpoetry
First Video: Everything was Fine

Postby Myshpoetry » 20 Apr 2016, 18:33

SAJewers wrote:There's a small community storage building right beside the Post Office, though it could probably stand to be expanded.

A wanted/message board system we don't have though, and could be useful.

Why don't we move it downstairs? It gives us more room for expansion and allows us to build underground. We could put a supplies wanted board there . I think it would go hand in hand with the Stable/barn.
Tacos_yay
First Video: Crapshots

Postby Tacos_yay » 20 Apr 2016, 21:25

Was there a server rewind? I just lost a ton of work.
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 21 Apr 2016, 06:08

Doesn't look like it.

Anyway, update on the Nether stuff:

Beej Wing: Main tunnel is pretty much done outside of placing Glowstone lighting. Portal Areas for the Guardian Farm, Nether Fortress, and Coranin's Base are done, just need to do the tunnels themselves, which Sky_Rider has volunteered to do. Still need to do the Portal Area and Tunnel for Myshpoetry's Abode. Also need to dig out and place a portal to an Island Mesa that's been used for resources (this is not the one south of Mysh). (EDIT: NVM I can't find it anymore)

Jund Wing: Walls and floor are done, just need to do the ceiling. Tunnels and Portal Areas for M1pleSyrup's Home and Holy Rectangle need to be done.

Meatfist Wing: Portal Area and Tunnel for WokenClick's Medieval Village is done. Mungo has been helping do the Ceiling and Floor here. Nothing else has really bee done here.

Thok Wing: Thanks to volunteers, the Ceiling is done and the Floor is about half done in the Main Tunnel. Walls haven't been done due to extreme lack of resources. No Portal Areas or other Tunnels have been done due to this shortage.

Donations of the following would be great:

- Nether Quartz (Either the Ore, the Quartz Itself, or Quartz Blocks/Chiselled Quartz)
- Dark Prismarine or Prismarine Shards and Ink Sacs
- Glowstone
- Polished Granite
- Red Sand or Red Sandstone/Smooth Red Sandstone
- Polished Diorite
Last edited by SAJewers on 21 Apr 2016, 10:39, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 21 Apr 2016, 09:22

Can I make a couple of suggestions for navigating the Nether tunnels?

First, can we also have signs saying which cardinal directions correspond to which tunnel?

Second, it is quite easy to make a wrong turn when leaving a Nether portal you are not used to and start walking away from Spawn when you meant to walk towards it (or vice versa). Would it be possible to have something at each portal that points towards spawn?
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 21 Apr 2016, 10:56

Not sure what #1 would accomplish?

If I can find a way to do #2 while keeping everything looking nice and clean, I'll try to do it. Not sure I can though
Exachix
First Video: The Shavening

Postby Exachix » 21 Apr 2016, 11:15

I think I agree with #1 because we know vaugly which cardinal directions people live in - it's how we've been navigating for weeks - and if you're on the map you're clearly in one direction or another.

I may write books eventually on who lives down each passageway for free pickings in the map shop - much like future touristy guides. That will likely help too.
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Omega Lairon » 22 Apr 2016, 00:48

As far as something in the nether tunnels pointing towards spwan... normally I'd suggest just heading towards the beacons, but some portals are pretty friggin' far out there such that you can't see the beacon light until you've been walking a while (potentially the wrong direction). And/or people sometimes have low draw distance enabled for performance reasons.

It could be as simple a fix as having an asymmetrical design feature at each portal hallway... Like, maybe just a single differently coloured wall block next to each portal on the wall closest to spawn. It wouldn't be noticeable from the main halls, but it would be clear upon entering the nether.

Failing that... maybe just have a sign on the overworld side of some of the more distant portals? Eg: SPAWN = LEFT.

Anyway, I have another quick roads update. Right now I'm almost done with the S-E path out through the desert... just a matter of figuratively watching some grass grow... no wait, I meant the other word. I hate when I get "figuratively" and "literally" mixed up. Fun.

Once that's been properly "paved", I've just got the final leg of this road between my Safari Zone and the *other* desert village left to do. Oh, and then there's just some minor aesthetic works to take care of - signposts for one, and some bridges and a few other path sections bordering sheer cliffs that need guard railing, but that'd be a project on a scale of "minutes", rather then "hours" or "days".

Beyond that... I guess there's been some new bases built up since the last big roads update, so... if you're somewhere else in serious need of an overworld road - maybe leave a request in the cartographer's guild / roadbuilder's club (or whatever it is they're calling it) at spawn.

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 22 Apr 2016, 01:08

I should have mentioned this earlier but the West Road now extends to the Holy Mountain of the Order of the Rectangle.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 23 Apr 2016, 21:10

I would like to construct an iron golem farm on the server, but I'm not sure which one to go with. I have an idea for a project that would require an obscene amount of iron, so I'm tempted to go with something super productive, and all the best designs in that regard require construction in the spawn chunks. So, my question is, would folks like to see an incarnation of the Iron Titan (~2600 iron per hour) on the server?
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 24 Apr 2016, 03:55

Considering the work that's been done in spawn, I don't think an Iron farm in the Spawn chunks would be able to happen, but I'm not managing Spawn.
Last edited by SAJewers on 28 Apr 2016, 04:28, edited 1 time in total.
WokenClick
First Video: Desert Bus 7

Postby WokenClick » 25 Apr 2016, 20:51

I've got a few (3 or 4) skelehorses at my place that are free to a good owner. If you come through my portal just go through my portcullis, under the arch towards the big W tower and you will see the large dirt pillar.
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 26 Apr 2016, 14:53

Fair enough. Large iron farms do tend to be significant space investments, and the need to allow line of sight to the sky makes putting them underground difficult at best. I'll keep looking for efficient alternatives.
Myshpoetry
First Video: Everything was Fine

Postby Myshpoetry » 27 Apr 2016, 15:08

Atifexe wrote:Fair enough. Large iron farms do tend to be significant space investments, and the need to allow line of sight to the sky makes putting them underground difficult at best. I'll keep looking for efficient alternatives.

You could build it near my place. I've been breeding villagers with the intent of making an iron farm. I'll also be building out a city on the water.
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 27 Apr 2016, 16:31

I'd be happy to collaborate on an iron farm, to be sure! Though, if we can't use the spawn chunks, the question becomes less of "where" and more "which design do we use?" Did you have one in mind?
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 28 Apr 2016, 08:48

I don't know who I should make the request to but I was told that my nether portal could be broken from the portal it got attached to. I have no idea how it works.

I go through the portal at the wall build site and it takes me into the nether but if I go back through it I get sent to a desert.

Also If anyone has extra slimes, or knows where a slime island is please let me know.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 28 Apr 2016, 09:09

I think we can help with that. Did you build the netherside portal yourself? If not, could you post the Overworld coordinates of your portal?
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 29 Apr 2016, 09:45

16X78X1480
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 29 Apr 2016, 10:09

Alright, so we want to build you a nether portal at x2, z185. That's barely off the main path in the Nether, so it won't have it's own room - it'll be more of an alcove.

Edit: I built a portal at what should have been the correct coordinates, but it took me to an isolated nether portal in the middle of the woods, with no signs of any player structures nearby.

Edit2: Someone else beat me to it. Your portal should now be linked up.
Last edited by Atifexe on 29 Apr 2016, 10:37, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Video Games”