Gaming General Chat Thread

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Phi
First Video: Impersonal Information

Re: Gaming General Chat Thread

Postby Phi » 15 May 2016, 04:08

Finally beat Ornstein & Smough. Feels good :)
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 15 May 2016, 08:08

Yay!
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Phi

Postby Phi » 15 May 2016, 19:48

I managed to kill Moonlight Butterfly, Sif, Havel, the Hydra and Lautrec. With the Havel Ring I can wear the full Silver Knight set with fast dodge, and with the Soul of Sif I now have a +4 Greatsword of Artorias. Things are finally looking up :) Any suggestions as to where to head to now? I would like to get more Demon Titanite to upgrade my sword to the maximum.
Jeezy
First Video: 4ps4s

Postby Jeezy » 16 May 2016, 03:31

I think the 3 titanite demons at the bottom of Sen's Funhouse respawn and drop demon titanite. Not a bad way of farming.

Well there's the Catacombs - you could get the rite of kindling from the bossIcan'trememberthenameof. As bosses go, he's pretty easy.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 16 May 2016, 06:56

I don't think the titanite demons respawn, except for one in Lost Izalith.

If you haven't gone through the catacombs and gotten the Rite of Kindling yet..that would have actually be your biggest among your problems in facing O&S. More Estus is always good. Advice for this section: divine enchant a claymore (or any other weapon you like) to deal with the skeletons. The boss is easy, but the mobs right before him can be problematic, so feel feel free to rush pass them. Kill Patches as soon as you see him.

Assuming you have cleared the catacombs, you could continue past them to the Tomb of Giants to face off against Nito; or head to the Duke's Archives to butt heads with Seath. I'd recommend leaving the Four Kings and Bed of Chaos until later, as those sections can be rather annoying.

Your other option would be the DLC, if you haven't opened up Oolacile yet. Very tough area, so may be best to leave it to after you have a couple Lord Souls - but you should be able to clear out the first area (Royal Woods) without too much difficulty.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 16 May 2016, 09:54

I finally played through Chroma Squad. The normal gameplay was fun, and I enjoyed the management aspect. I thought the robot battles dragged on to the point of becoming dull. The RNG nature of the robo-battles turned me off quite a bit. It felt like I lost at 72% or 82% more often than not.

My main problem was the ending. The ending took me about an hour and a half to beat. There were no breaks or save points that I could tell about. The boss battles were frustrating rather than fun. It felt like a long grind for no payoff. I was looking forward to playing through all the endings. Now I don't think I'm going to bother, solely because of that last part.
Trippzen
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Trippzen » 16 May 2016, 19:26

Infinifactory may be the most complicated game I've ever played. I love puzzle games and Infinifactory is a great one but I am very quickly learning that I am not an engineer and I do not think like one. I can solve the puzzles but often in an inefficient, sloppy manner. I also end up going online to see alternative solutions afterwards and some of the things other people come up with to minimize their factory footprint or their cycles are the most insane-looking contraptions I've seen since Besiege. Infinifactory will also tell you how your solution compares to other people's solutions in terms of the number of cycles it took to complete the manufacturing, the footprint of the factory, and the number of individual blocks involved. Some puzzles only take me 20-30 minutes to solve, others might take an hour of trial-and-error. Zachtronics (the developer) also made SpaceChem and TIS-100 and I go back and forth between really wanting to try those games too and wanting to do anything except play more incredibly challenging but well designed puzzle games by the same developer. Supposedly Infinifactory is the easiest of the three game too.

I feel like Infinifactory is the game that builds all the parts that are used in Kerbal Space Program.

I might actually review it and just copy and paste this post to Steam.

Edit: I'm also only halfway through and have just over half the different types of blocks. Dear god this is going to get exponentially more complicated than it already is. Just getting the timing right for the different block combinations to arrive in the right order is incredibly difficult.
Trippzen or Scy
Battle.net: Scy#1617
WoW: Scy (US-Proudmoore)
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 23 May 2016, 13:11

So... I know it's unlikely, but does any Pokémon players have a spare Keldeo or Genesect for trade?
Phi

Postby Phi » 23 May 2016, 23:48

My new wall, although I am getting better at the fight.
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t35.0-1 ... e=57468D45
Aeralis
First Video: enn: Nerd Flu

Postby Aeralis » 24 May 2016, 09:14

Kapol wrote:So... I know it's unlikely, but does any Pokémon players have a spare Keldeo or Genesect for trade?

Instead of trading away a valuable Pokemon to get your Keldeo and Genesect, you could also wait until October and November when Nintendo will be giving them away!
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 24 May 2016, 11:37

Aeralis wrote:Instead of trading away a valuable Pokemon to get your Keldeo and Genesect, you could also wait until October and November when Nintendo will be giving them away!

I know, but I'm impatient. :P Honestly though, I'm working on my living Pokedex. Those are the last two Pokémon I need to finish it. If I wait until November, I'll only have it finished for a week or so before SuMo comes out and brings more mythicals to have to find.

That said, I'm fine waiting. It's not a huge rush for me anyways. I'd like to get them before November. If I can't... oh well. Not a big deal.
Aeralis
First Video: enn: Nerd Flu

Postby Aeralis » 25 May 2016, 19:49

Haha, I'm waiting for the end of year distributions to finish off my living 'dex as well! I'm OK with the wait, because before this mythical avalanche started I was convinced it would take me a few years to round up the last few anyway.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 25 May 2016, 20:13

Yeah, the year of mythicals is a really nice idea on Gamefreak/Nintendo's part. I'm still annoyed I missed getting some more Jirachi, as it's one of my favorites. But I was lucky enough to have pretty much every mythical from events and trading. I was heavy into trading for a little while, leaving me a lot of goodies now. Plus I managed to get a Volcanion and a Diance from the GTS thankfully.

The living dex was kind of a spur of the moment thing for me though. I went from needing about 250+ to about 17 in a week. And 15 of those are trade evolutions that I have the Pokémon for and I'm just waiting to trade. In the process I also lucked into a shiny Tentacool and Bulbasaur, which was nice. :)

Speaking of, if anyone needs any breedable Pokémon, just let me know. I'll be happy to help out.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 26 May 2016, 08:53

I'm semi tempted to max out of ORuby dex, but I feel CBA since Sun is coming out later this year, and I have a lot of other stuff to do.

I do hope to catch all catchable legendaries in the game though, even if I will own multiples.
abyssalCompiler
First Video: Doctors Hate Her

Postby abyssalCompiler » 30 May 2016, 16:48

Finally got playing some stuff in my Steam backlog, mostly Shovel Knight and Kero Blaster, but hopefully I'll get to Undertale and Hatoful Boyfriend sometime before summer ends. Shovel Knight is fantastic, super-fun, and just enough challenge for me that it doesn't frustrate me. I like Kero Blaster quite a bit too; I like the C64-esque aesthetic of the game, although the controls are not exactly my taste; the jump is a bit too slow and floaty, IMO, although the floatiness helps in some parts.
~Shameless plug for my art/creative works blog~
http://abyssalcompiler.tumblr.com/

My twitter: https://twitter.com/abyssalcompiler
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 30 May 2016, 20:37

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:I'm semi tempted to max out of ORuby dex, but I feel CBA since Sun is coming out later this year, and I have a lot of other stuff to do.

I do hope to catch all catchable legendaries in the game though, even if I will own multiples.

One thing about ORAS is just how many legendaries there are. I nearly had a box full of them. I almost think it was too much. Though getting access to some of the rarer ones, like Cresselia, was nice.

Also, everyone freaking out about Overwatch makes me want to pick it up. But... I'm not good at multiplayer games. I don't have a ton of friends who'd play it, and can't do voice chat, which seems like a big downside. It seems fun though.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 31 May 2016, 06:23

I tried Overwatch open Beta weekend and felt greatly discouraged by not knowing how mine and other heroes worked or the layout of the maps.
Since I am studying an intensive Teaching English course, I wasn't in the mood to tab out and research How 2 Play for this game since this was meant to be me unwinding. I just wished the game was a little more intuitive with what the eff is going on. I felt like I was a huge burden to my team because I didn't know where to be.

It wasn't a case of me caring too much about not knowing how to play. My teams kept losing, so it was pretty obvious there was a constant; me being bad at the game due to ignorance.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 31 May 2016, 13:39

Do the VS AI modes. Or Brawl modes. And it's a team game. I have been astonishing as a Genji. Eliminated key characters, taken out half the team alone, died shortly after. Expected my team to follow my charge and take the point in my footsteps. Nope. They were peeking behind the spawn as four Widowmakers.

So one person alone can't change the game. Believe me. I tried.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 31 May 2016, 13:45

Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 31 May 2016, 14:08

...Of course you play Genji, Darkobra.
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 31 May 2016, 14:53

Master Gunner wrote:...Of course you play Genji, Darkobra.

:D Did you know a Genji can reflect Hanzo's ultimate? Timing's tight but I work miracles.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Omega Lairon » 01 Jun 2016, 00:41

Darkobra wrote:Do the VS AI modes.

...Wait, this is an option?

My brain doesn't let me do online competitive stuff - it took me long enough to conquer it enough to play along in the LRR MTGO fandraft, and even still I have some rough days with it. Getting better though, slowly... this one time a few weeks back I had to play randos in 2 of my 3 matches, and I only cried for like 5 minutes.

So yeah, Overwatch... lacking a single player or strictly co-operative PvE mode, I'm intrigued by this talk of robits. How many can you have? Like... can I go "solo" as the only human or do I still need a team? Elaborate plox.

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 01 Jun 2016, 01:44

Well you can join with real players against an AI team. You have Easy, Normal and Hard. Hard is pretty damn good but they really are bots. They will know where you are. You will not get the drop on them from behind. As a Genji main, that's how I get my kills. I use the maps, use places only I can reach with a double jump, wall run, slash dash and drop behind enemy lines. Doing it against them? You are DONE! They SNAP to you and do not miss.

There's also the Custom Game options.

Play Game. Custom Game. Add AI. Count: Max. Teams: Both. It'll be you and all AI, both sides.

You do NOT get experience for an all bot custom match. This means no levels, no loot boxes and you'll be locked out of ranked play until you get level 25 if that matters to you. Loot boxes are your skins, voices, sprays, icons. You WILL get exp for the Play Vs AI option that teams you with real people.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Robo4900 » 01 Jun 2016, 10:03

GOG have introduced a system that lets you import Steam games to your GOG library. In a nutshell, you point it to your Steam account, it reads which games you own, and any games it finds that GOG have permission to do so with are added to your GOG library.

It doesn't work for all games yet(They've only got deals working with some game devs/publishers), but I love that GOG are doing this.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Phi

Postby Phi » 01 Jun 2016, 11:42

Just defeated Artorias! :) I decided to try and tank his attacks with Havel's set, as I can deal a lot of damage and the poise will allow me to heal. It took a couple of tries, but it worked.

Return to “Video Games”