Vorthos Volleyball

A place to talk about standard, casual, limited and everything in between.
theycallmejokke
First Video: Unskipperble: Lost Plant 2 - Part 1

Re: Vorthos Volleyball

Postby theycallmejokke » 05 Jul 2016, 06:56

Nice theme, and a really cool warm up for EMN.

Question: The cards flavor text is attributed to Ayli, so I don't think it is to far fetched to say the monument is probably build by follower of Kamsa/the eternal pilgrims who are Kor, and from what we know of this cult I would say it's actually both meant for legitimate worship, AND a warning.
Flavor Text: "The Eldrazi's greatest weapon is their unknowable nature" - General Tazri

Question: The Eldrazi have never been shown to have any affinity with artifacts, so why does artifact creatures also activate Flayer Drone?
Flavor Text: Sifter of Skulls.
"You have the right to remain silent. Mostly because I tire of your excuses."
chetoos
First Video: The Job

Postby chetoos » 05 Jul 2016, 08:02

Question: The Eldrazi predate colored mana, as far as we know. The devoid Eldrazi in BFZ and the colored ones in ROE are mutations from Zendikari consumption, as far as I can figure, and other colorless items also resonate with their ancient magics. See also molten nursery.
Flavor Text: "It sat there, not caring as the battle whirled around it. So many men died, and that was the only time it came to life."

Question: What kind of magic did the Kor Castigator find that allows him to bypass scions?
Flavor Text: Smothering Abomination
My Youtube Channel. Currently, I have a daily series where I play games that I like. Right now, it's Double Dragon Advance. I also have a weekly series where I play as the Archenemy from Duels 2012
Artirian_Legacy
First Video: Friday Nights- Untap

Postby Artirian_Legacy » 05 Jul 2016, 08:17

Question: The Castigator's weapon contains a glowing hedron, which naturally repel eldrazi, so these small fries just kinda shy away from it so they don't have to deal with him.
Flavor Text: If you see it's shadow over you, it's already too late.

Question: What exactly happens to you if you've become an Eldrazi Conscript?
Flavor Text: Conduit of Ruin
"What's wrong--are you afraid of me? Don't worry, I promise no one else will hear your screams."
-Tayan Ondir
theycallmejokke

Postby theycallmejokke » 06 Jul 2016, 09:18

Question: From EMN spoilers and stories it seems like Emrakul is quite fond of twisting/empowering people or things into her service, I would say Eldrazi Conscription is that taken to it's most extrem conclusion.
Flavor text: "Kill it! Kill it quick, or we'll face much worse!" - Munda, Ambush Leader

Question: The calcified landscape is all that remain of the Ruins of Oran-Rief, we know the calcification means Ulamog's brood have sucked every last ounce of juice out of Oran-Rief so why can the eldazi still draw strenght from it?
Flavor text: Endbringer.
chetoos

Postby chetoos » 06 Jul 2016, 09:42

Question: Calcification doesn't mean that Ulamog has taken everything from the area, just that he's passed over it and corrupted it. The land still wants to give strength to things, but since it's been corrupted by the Eldrazi, it only helps Eldrazi.
Flavor Text: And just when the Zendikari had worn it down, it sprang up again, fully ready to fight once more.

Question: In ROE, it was a zone that awakened the spawn, but now the scions are called from beyond. What instigated the change?
Flavor Text: Ulamog, the infinite Gyre
My Youtube Channel. Currently, I have a daily series where I play games that I like. Right now, it's Double Dragon Advance. I also have a weekly series where I play as the Archenemy from Duels 2012
Artirian_Legacy

Postby Artirian_Legacy » 10 Jul 2016, 17:17

Question: The spawn already existed within the plane; the hedrons simply coaxed them out. Call Beyond seems to depict the creation of these larger scions, who herald the arrival of much larger eldrazi, possibly one of the titans.
Flavor Text: The Merfolk of Zendikar believed Ula held the power of the entire ocean. If only that were true, perhaps the plane could be saved.

Question: Why were there colored eldrazi in ROE, and what makes them different from the ones we see devoid of it?
Flavor Text: Eldrazi Displacer
"What's wrong--are you afraid of me? Don't worry, I promise no one else will hear your screams."
-Tayan Ondir
chetoos

Postby chetoos » 10 Jul 2016, 17:28

Question: They were drones, which means they were likely just quickly created by the Eldrazi's presence by mixing with Zendikar's natural abundance of mana, whereas the devoid cards are the same mixing, but with far more time. It's a question of time.
Flavor Text: "Oh, you fought one too? When did you end up?"

New theme: Eldritch Moon, now that the whole set's been revealed
Question: Why do the zombies in the noosegraf mob get stronger when they're on their own? Going from a +1/+1 counter to a 2/2 zombie. (Sidenote: That card is bonkers in Alesha EDH)
Flavor Text: Decimator of the provinces
theycallmejokke

Postby theycallmejokke » 12 Jul 2016, 05:25

Question: Zombies ain't the most mobile at the best of time, tire them together and they are bound (Get it?) to lose some of there punch.
Flavor Text: "I've seen a lot in my time, but I never though I would ever be taken off bacon" - Veteran Cathar

Question: What is Grim Flayer's ability supposed to represent is happing?
Flavor Text: Graf Rats.
chetoos

Postby chetoos » 14 Jul 2016, 14:29

Question: The second ability, and not the delirium? I think that's supposed be him killing someone, then picking the path to his next kill, using the things immediately around him.
Flavor Text: Rats have never been the worst predator on Innistrad, so it's easy to overlook them

Question: Is the Desperate Sentry turning into the Eldrazi Horror token when it dies, or is it summoned by the death, and you just snag it?
Flavor Text: Extricator of Sin
Artirian_Legacy

Postby Artirian_Legacy » 14 Jul 2016, 18:23

Question: If you look at the art on Desperate Sentry, you can see tentacles chasing after him and the lamb he's so desperate to save. My interpretation is that those tentacles belong to the horror that shows up when the sentry dies; killed by the horror.
Flavor Text: He offers freedom, but not without sacrifice.

Question: More of an inquiry this time; how terrifying/awesome is it to know that Emerge is a mechanic to show giant monstrosities exploding out of smaller things?
Flavor Text: Blessed Alliance
-Tayan Ondir
chetoos

Postby chetoos » 17 Jul 2016, 11:38

Question: It's freaking awesome, and plays really well too, is the best part.
Flavor Text: "I was fighting alone, cornered by the horrors, and suddenly I felt my allies by my side again."

Question: How does the galvanic bombardment get better with more in the bin?
Flavor Text: Collective Effort
chetoos

Postby chetoos » 17 Jul 2016, 11:38

Question: It's freaking awesome, and plays really well too, is the best part.
Flavor Text: "I was fighting alone, cornered by the horrors, and suddenly I felt my allies by my side again."

Question: How does the galvanic bombardment get better with more in the bin?
Flavor Text: Collective Effort
theycallmejokke

Postby theycallmejokke » 19 Jul 2016, 09:42

I know chetoos have already answered Artirian_Legacy about Emerge, but I just wanted to chime in that I totally agree. Emerge seems sweet.

Question: Galvanic bombardment is you shoting a Geist in a creatures face, each time after the first said Geist gets more and more angry at being weaponised and so does more and more damage, pray it never escape your Geist rig.
Flavor Text: "Remember don't kill the zombies, don't kill the zombies, don't..." - Gidion

Question: Where does the random goat head on Abolisher of Bloodlines come from???
Flavor Text: Crop Sigil.
Ladsworld
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby Ladsworld » 22 Jul 2016, 09:53

Q: You probably sacrificed a goat to flip it. Also, goats are a symbol of satanism, which may or may not be relevant.
Flavor Text: "The farmer went to sleep worrying about if his crops will survive the drought. He woke up the next morning with the answer."

Question: Why does Thalia cause lands to enter tapped?
Flavor Text: Desperate Sentry
Chat Name: DrChillbrain
chetoos

Postby chetoos » 10 Aug 2016, 10:57

Question: She has her cathars go over nonbasic, IE strange, lands to make sure they're alright. You can't use the land while they're investigating.
Flavor Text: She no longer understood what she was fighting for, but she was fighting all the stronger.

New Theme: Theros
Question: How does the voyaging satyr's voyaging make a land untap?
Flavor Text: Underworld Cerberus
chetoos

Postby chetoos » 17 Oct 2016, 08:44

bump?

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”