Serious Topic Ahead

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Darlingng01
First Video: That was years ago...

Serious Topic Ahead

Postby Darlingng01 » 04 Sep 2016, 03:12

Before I start I'd like to warn people that this isn't going to be a particularly happy post. If you're in a bad mood and can't handle it, or if you're in a good mood and don't want it ruined, I'd advise you turn away. Also, I'm going ot try and keep this as short as possible but it's going to be long.

Topic - Click to Expand
With that out of the way I'll get right to the point. I'm sick, and going in for testing on September 19th. Depending on how it goes there's a real possibility I won't get the chance to post this afterwords so I'm doing it now. I want to tell the LRR crew how much they've meant to me over the years, but don't really know how best to tell them. So I'm making this post.

I started watching in season 3 or 4, watched all your available content at the time, and everything you've posted since (except some of the streams, you really do stream a lot). You've brought a lot of joy to my life, lots of laughs and lots of fun. My health has prevented me from earning much money, and I couldn't really afford to financially support you. That said, I think I made sure everyone who has ever talked to me had heard of you, and if not corrected this fact. From here I would like to comment on a variety of things individually, divided into spoilers bellow.

LRRMtG - Click to Expand
The first magic content I ever consumed, and a big part of what got me to start playing again. You helped me learn not only how to play again, but how to enjoy it. You showed me that sometimes it's better to draft a fun deck that won't win over a boring one that will. I haven't watched many of your most recent streams, as you've moved away from wacky and flashback drafts that I most enjoyed. That said, if you don't enjoy them I have no desire to see them return, as watching you enjoy the weird situations was the fun of it.

I've absolutely loved Friday Nights, and always find myself excitedly talking about each new episode with my friends. Pretty much the same situation with the Pre pre-releases. We've gotten together either in person or online to watch them together, having a bit of a party and getting hyped for our own events. You've done great work showing all the things there are to love about Magic and I hope you keep up the great work.

Crossing the Streams - Click to Expand
I've had so much fun watching these, often re-watching my favorites. It was great watching everyone get together to play minecraft, each doing doing your own thing but working together towards a goal in a way that fits with your own personality. I'd really enjoy seeing you return to minecraft at some point, maybe with some mods to give some unified goal. A science/space pack could be fun, watching you build a minecraft moonbase on a minecraft moon. I eagerly tune in to each new stream though, and have really enjoyed the variety.

Things on My Stream - Click to Expand
Paul, you might be my favorite crew member. I watch your tech streams just to hear you talk about something you're interested in. What you've said about your personal problems has been a great help for me. But hearing you talk about anything you're enjoying has also been fantastic. Both things you're enjoying making fun of, and things you're enjoying playing. Your Dark Souls 3 stream had me smiling the entire way through. I so regretted not being there for it live, as I constantly wanted to assure you that you were actually doing great and to keep trying. Watching you explore and learn, seeing you experience things for the first time, it was like getting to re-live playing it for the first time myself. I would love to watch you continue playing, learning, growing, and discovering all the game has to offer. Though hopefully the chat can keep from spoiling you any more then some simple warnings, answering questions, and helping you find neat little secrets.

You're the only person I really enjoy watching even without a co-host, and I hope you continue to share your joy with yours fans.

Nope and Play - Click to Expand
The Let's Nope and Watch and Play are some of my favorite streams, and likely some of my most re-watched. When I want to introduce someone to your streams these are often what I start with. There have been times when my friends and I just hung out and watched some of them on youtube, often late into the night. I especially appreciate Let's Nope for letting me enjoy so many horror games I never would have played.

AFK - Click to Expand
Much like crossing the streams I'm always eager to watch these, though with the bonus of even more games I never would have known about. The Hero Quest and D&D streams being my absolute favorites. Paul makes a fantastic Mentor and Zargon. Cam, your campaign was fantastic and I hope you continue it one day. Your story and world were great to experience. So great in fact, it made me start GMing a D&D 5e game.

I had been running a 4e game for about 2 years when my health started to deteriorate, and schedules started to become an issue. As a result we stopped playing together. But thanks to you I came up with the idea of running a campaign on a forum, and it's been working great. So thank you Cam, from me and my players.

Talking Simulator - Click to Expand
Likely my favorite Duo. I wasn't especially interested in your individual shows, but I would scan each of your streams in the hopes of seeing you two together. When I heard about Talking Simulator I was thrilled, and you've lived up to my expectations. I hope you'll consider playing Undertale, as I think it deserves to be talked about. I know Alex isn't to inclined, but think watching Cam experience it would just be amazing. If necessary, perhaps it could even be a solo stream.

Tinker Tailor Solder Fry - Click to Expand
I've enjoyed watching each individual project, and am always interested to see what you plan to work on next. Despite my expectation that I wouldn't enjoy them, my favorite episodes were when Cam was painting miniatures and talking with chat. I hope he'll do it again sometime.

And that's it I think. I've loved watching you create content over the years, everything from Phailhause to sketches to streams and everything in between. Hopefully I'll get to keep enjoying the content, but if not my life has been much better for what I've gotten.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Re: Serious Topic Ahead

Postby Elomin Sha » 04 Sep 2016, 08:27

Glad you enjoy LRR over the years. LRR has had some positive effects on me too.

I think we'll see more of you soon. Good luck with it.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 04 Sep 2016, 09:06

That was a really interesting read, and I'm sure at least one of the LRR crew will see it and tell the others to come read it.

Best of luck to you in the coming weeks, and I hope we see you become a regular poster here afterwards!
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Darlingng01

Postby Darlingng01 » 04 Sep 2016, 16:11

Here's hoping. I'll be sure to post after the tests. Hopefully it's something simple to fix, or at least consistently fixable. Not the best way to poke my toe into the community but I suppose it works well enough for it XD
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 04 Sep 2016, 16:14

If it's a maths test, make sure you sneak a calculater in your socks. They never look there.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
mtvcdm
First Video: Pokeproblem

Postby mtvcdm » 04 Sep 2016, 23:16

There's no bad way to poke your toe in the community here (well, as long as you're being nice, which you clearly are).

Whatever it is you've exactly got, I'm hoping for the best for you on the tests. Here's to seeing you as a regular soon.
Darlingng01

Postby Darlingng01 » 05 Sep 2016, 06:17

I think I'd score better on a math test then I will on this, with or without a calculator =P

As a note I'm fine if people want to know more details/specifics, I'm not particularly private or sensitive about it. They just weren't really relevant to the base post, and it was already long enough XD
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Postby Paul » 05 Sep 2016, 08:58

Thank you so much for your kind words, Darlingng01. It really means a lot to me that you enjoy our content and that our silliness has provided some relief in what has clearly been a difficult time. Best of luck on your test and know that there will be lots of LRR streams for you to watch whenever you are able.

-Paul
Darlingng01

Postby Darlingng01 » 05 Sep 2016, 21:10

I don't really know how to respond, except to say... I'm not so sure you've made over 1,000,000 posts. I think there might be something fishy here.

More seriously though you've been a huge help. I'm sure if I end up going in for surgery you'll be up on my laptop in the recovery room. I'll keep you all posted.
Arclight_Dynamo
First Video: Desert Bus 1

Postby Arclight_Dynamo » 05 Sep 2016, 23:10

Please do - I think it would be wonderful for you to be able to become a regular here. :)

Best of luck with everything. And if it would help to talk it out at all, we've got a bunch of great listeners here.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 06 Sep 2016, 06:22

Darlingng01 wrote:I don't really know how to respond, except to say... I'm not so sure you've made over 1,000,000 posts. I think there might be something fishy here.

More seriously though you've been a huge help. I'm sure if I end up going in for surgery you'll be up on my laptop in the recovery room. I'll keep you all posted.

Yeah, about the post thing. There was a run of a few years ago of an in-joke about people asking what would [name]'s [whatever post number] was going contain. Paul activated his mod powers and gave himself 1,000,000 dead on.
Darlingng01

Postby Darlingng01 » 07 Sep 2016, 20:19

It's kind of funny. Since things started getting worse I've been doing lots of things I've been putting off or couldn't bring myself to do, like posting on here and telling LRR how much they've meant to me. There's always a bit of good with the bad.

I have people to talk to about my health, so I don't really have a need, but I know some people are curious and others find it interesting.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 08 Sep 2016, 12:47

If I could hug you I would, if you wanted one.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 08 Sep 2016, 13:12

No, hugs are bad. They cause pregnancy.
Darlingng01

Postby Darlingng01 » 09 Sep 2016, 08:54

Hugs are good, but Elomin is right, you need to wear protection. I don't want to get pregnant... or beaten with a fish then arrested. Hugs are very dangerous indeed.
Darlingng01

Postby Darlingng01 » 19 Sep 2016, 07:35

Testing complete, goods news, didn't find anything wrong. Bad news, didn't find anything at all. So problematic things are still happening, but we have no idea why.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 19 Sep 2016, 07:52

Glad to hear it isn't whatever bad thing it could have been, but I guess it has to be unnerving not knowing. Hopefully your doctors can figure out what it actually is better with one thing ruled out!
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Arclight_Dynamo
First Video: Desert Bus 1

Postby Arclight_Dynamo » 19 Sep 2016, 07:56

Yep, glad to hear it wasn't what you were worried about. And I second the hope that your docs manage to pin down what it is.

Gonna stick around with us on the forums? I promise we don't bite. :)
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 19 Sep 2016, 09:27

Arclight_Dynamo wrote:Gonna stick around with us on the forums? I promise we don't bite. :)

Don't speak for me. I'm hungry.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 19 Sep 2016, 13:47

We all know that your bag is worst than your bite, Elomin Sha.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Darlingng01

Postby Darlingng01 » 19 Sep 2016, 15:40

I'll see what I can find to talk about. Suppose I'll post here after my next test later this week.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 19 Sep 2016, 16:06

Darlingng01 wrote:I'll see what I can find to talk about. Suppose I'll post here after my next test later this week.

With my post count it's safe to say there really hasn't been much to talk about. It's been eight years of "eww hugs", starting fires, putting people in bags, and saying the first random thing that comes to mind.
It's easy, be like me. Be more Elomin!
Elomin is best way.

Return to “General Discussion”